PDA

View Full Version : Soccer

Pages : [1] 2

Peach_NYK_21
Feb 27, 2005, 20:40
Does anyone watch football here, preferibly the english premier league. If so who are your favorite teams? My dad is from Middlesbrough, so they are my favorite english team, but im from Aberdeen, Scotland, so they are my Scottish team. I am interested in seeing your views.

rady
Feb 28, 2005, 09:58
i usually watch football and although i'm not a fan as i once was (before discovering bball :)) i must admit that i like ac milan from serie a and fc barcelona from primera division
as for premier league, i can't say that i'm watching it (oh, i always hated manchester utd :P) but i do have a sympathy for chelsea

Bruno
Feb 28, 2005, 14:07
much to say here im like rady when i discover bbal i take a little off football.
as the teams i like the boro of england but im sorry but they will lose in eufa cup against sporting , in engand i like chelsea with mourinho,paulo ferreira,r.carvalho and tiago all portuuese so i like them ,in spanish i like barça and real madrid they have figo and deco.
in portugal , sporting in romania,stua,in russia cska,in france psg with pauleta,italy i like milan,in brazil santos,argentina boca,in angola i like petro de luanda and much more....
i see very football like 10 a week , 9 bbal a week so im a sport viewer and doing that too as a coach ,studying for ref and player.

Peach_NYK_21
Feb 28, 2005, 14:33
its crazy how real madrid doesnt win every game they play. its hard to believe they ever lose. just look at their incredible lineup!!

rady
Mar 01, 2005, 02:32
too many stars, too many different personalities, it's hard to gell
just look at them 2-3 years ago, when they didn't had all those players, they were much better. anyway, i'm happy to see them losing, they're like the lakers of the nba :P

Peach_NYK_21
Mar 01, 2005, 06:05
yup, thats why chelsea is so much better. They have basically the same funds as real, but they actually do scouting and get players that will help them win.. not pbig stars that will help them get attendance.

pbjb14
Mar 01, 2005, 13:33
ive been an arsenal fan forever, i dont get to see them enough though... their games are rarely shown here

Peach_NYK_21
Mar 01, 2005, 19:31
do you have fox soccer channel? (formerly; fox sports world) they play a lot of arsenal games, and a lot of review shoes to recap all the games. That channel is a life saver, at least fox did one thing right

pbjb14
Mar 06, 2005, 13:28
i used to with comcast but cablevisions a bitch

carlosLisboa
Apr 02, 2006, 17:30
Love to watch Mutd's Ronaldo play.

He was born in the same Island as I, in Portugal.

Spanish_fan
May 06, 2009, 16:54
Iniestaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
goallllllll!!!!!
minute 93 lolololololol!!!!!

Chelsea 1 - Barcelona 1

Barcelona beats Chelsea in 2009 UEFA Champions League.

The next step is Manchester United in the final. The date is May 27th in Rome.

Let's go Barça to our third Champions League.

DaTPRiNCE
May 06, 2009, 19:06
Barcelona is my team............Henry is that dude, he's a flat out beast.

skelos
May 06, 2009, 22:23
i picked man u to repeat at the beginning of the season.... what a game between barca and chelsea the ref blew it for chelsea was hoping for a rematch of last year

Spanish_fan
May 07, 2009, 07:42
To be fair, the ref was a disaster, Chelsea have reasons to complain.

But Barça was the only one trying to play, this thing happen when you just think of defending.

skelos
May 07, 2009, 12:02
true after being up a man they should have put more pressure on barca so i guess they deserved what they got

th3realicon
May 07, 2009, 19:45
I support Barca as all of you might have guessed from my sig. The Chelsea game was one of the most incredible upsets i have ever witnessed, well apart from that 99 champions league Final betwen Man U and Bayern. To be fair Chelsea deserved it more than we did but than again luck helps the strong. :)

Against Man U i believe it will be an awesome match. Two teams that play a very attractive football. (Yes FOOTBALL :)) I am a little upset we will miss Abidail, Marquez and Alves in defence but Pujol is vack so we should be able to contain CR7 and Co.

Can't wait. :)

Pricey
May 07, 2009, 20:10
Manchester United all my life. My dad came over from Bristol but he was a dead set Red Devil fan, probably cause his mum was Arsenal.

I cant see Man Utd losing the final, Barcelona's defence is not that great but missing 3 key defenders for the final only helps our cause. Dont think they will be able to contain Ronaldo, Rooney, Tevez and Berbatov.

Hopefully we can go back to back and further stamp our claim as being the best club in the world

th3realicon
May 07, 2009, 20:17
Best club in the world. That is a good one.

Pricey
May 07, 2009, 20:27
well we are reigning European champions, current World Club champions, reigning EPL champions and set to win it again.

Did Barcelona win their league last year?

th3realicon
May 07, 2009, 20:41
Did i say we are the best club in the world? NO
And till it is set and done you are not the best club. That will be settled in Rome. We are about to win the Primera Liga and you are set to win the EPL. We are both in the CL final and til' may 27 you are just another british team. We already kicked out the best of them in Chelsea. Your midfield is old with Giggs and Scholes.

Need i remind you we scored 4 to Bayern, 6 to Madrid in the last month?

Pricey
May 07, 2009, 21:07
well i would have thought being world champs and being reigning ECL champs and going for 4 or 5 trophies would make us the best in the world currently.

Giggs and Scholes are bench players, Giggs has only started a qtr of the season and Scholes about half. Our midfield is very young, probably younger then Barcelona's. Ronaldo, Anderson, Carrick, Fletcher and Park are regulars and Nani plays a bit as well.

Just another British team? well 2 years in a row the final 4 has had 3 British sides left and last year the final was all British. the EPL is the strongest league in the world right now and has been for a couple years.

You beat Bayern in the 1st leg who were missing key players and after that tie it was all over and in the 2nd leg Bayern were better then Barcelona but didnt put it on the scoreboard.
You hit 6 past Madrid, Madrid have arguably one of the worst backlines i have ever scene. Liverpool hit 5 past them and Liverpool are probably the 3rd best side in the EPL.

Credit to Barca, they are a great side and play awesome football but are they the best? who knows. Will find out soon enough but lets be honest, the Premiera is not as strong as what it once was. its a 2 team league at best. Sevilla and Villareal wouldnt even be better then Everton lol

TunerAddict
May 07, 2009, 21:38
I wanted a rematch so bad....

But now I'll actually root for Man U for once in my life...

I want Rooney to take it to them because he is the only guy on Manchester I like....I just really don't like Barca....

Pricey
May 07, 2009, 22:01
I wanted a rematch so bad....

But now I'll actually root for Man U for once in my life...

I want Rooney to take it to them because he is the only guy on Manchester I like....I just really don't like Barca....
Much respect!

How could u not like Tevez? he is my fave, he is a little bulldog. Cant wait to wear my Tevez strip ECL Final night in town and run amok

TunerAddict
May 07, 2009, 22:42
Much respect!

How could u not like Tevez? he is my fave, he is a little bulldog. Cant wait to wear my Tevez strip ECL Final night in town and run amok

Tevez just rubs me the wrong way...Not really sure why either...I'd first say it was his temper, but Rooney has one too and I adore Wayne Rooney...

WVKnickfan
May 07, 2009, 22:54
Ok boys its time for you all to quit talking about these ***** sports like Soccer.Next thing you all will be talking about is figure skating!!

Pricey
May 07, 2009, 23:01
Football is far from being a ***** sport. Unfortunatley there is a lot more acting in the game these days.
Anyone ever on the end of a Roy Keane tackle would say its soft lol

next thing u will say is NFL is tough bahahahahaha. Any part of their body not protected? I love it but man there is way too much padding. How are u suppose to run with all the crap on.
at least with AFL and Rugby there is no padding and they run at eachother much harder.

WVKnickfan
May 07, 2009, 23:08
Football is far from being a ***** sport. Unfortunatley there is a lot more acting in the game these days.
Anyone ever on the end of a Roy Keane tackle would say its soft lol

next thing u will say is NFL is tough bahahahahaha. Any part of their body not protected? I love it but man there is way too much padding. How are u suppose to run with all the crap on.
at least with AFL and Rugby there is no padding and they run at eachother much harder.

LOL im just having some fun with you guys its a free country you can like what ever you choose.Myself I can't handle the sport watching a whole game and only see a goal or two scored.That drives me crazy and watching those players fall down to the ground like their dying after another guy touchs them is funny as hell.

I pick the NFL anyday over Soccer!! Like you guys would say it isn't my cup of tea!!:smokin:

Pricey
May 07, 2009, 23:21
yeah no doubt.

however i will take a 0-0 in the soccer over watching 5 hours of Baseball lol. Now that could be the most boring sport ever.

WVKnickfan
May 07, 2009, 23:27
yeah no doubt.

however i will take a 0-0 in the soccer over watching 5 hours of Baseball lol. Now that could be the most boring sport ever.

I agree with you on baseball even thow I watch it baseball has went to the dogs.

th3realicon
May 08, 2009, 00:32
Each sport has its own share of followers. It is cultural really, for instance most of us that like football (Not soccer it'c called football) do come from either European backgrounds or Latin Americans. The Americans are more into baseball/NFL/basketball. Europeans for instance prefer football/basketball/F1 Racing i would presume.

Calling the king of sports a ***** sport however sounds a little ignorant. Statistically is the most played sport in the earth. It is the most watched and the sport that generates the most revenue worldwide.

Tell a European about the NFL or MLB and they would laugh at you. Heck even rugby would overshadow any Yankee sport that is not basketball. I would argue that the NBA is the only sport product that has real value worldwide as far as American sport goes.

Spanish_fan
May 08, 2009, 05:48
You're right. In Europe, Latin America, Central America, Africa and almost in Asia the most important sport is Football (Not Soccer). A game between Boca Juniors and River Plate, Celtic and Rangers, Barcelona-Real Madrid, Real Madrid-Atletico Madrid, Milan-Internazionale, Man U-Liverpool, etc have as espectation or more than the NBA finals (I think more, ).
In Europe the superbowl is a joke. However a UCL final is the best, only surpassed by the final of the world world cup.
There aren't no closed leagues in Europe. We do not like. The system of promotion and relegation is much more exciting. You cannot rebuild like in NBA (for example) and spend one year lossing every matches you play because you go to an inferior league (come on Newcastle!), what is a economical disaster for the club.
The biggest clubs in Europe have to win always no matter what happens, always win.
Yes, It's definitely a cultural issue.

I'm spanish but I think that nowadays Premier League is the best league in Europe, the level of the second-line teams is better than anycountry. Only a few teams like Barcelona, Inter, Juve (Madrid, Milan, Bayern in other years) can compete with them.

For the Man U fans, we would have a circustancial defense in the final, we have problems in aereo. But could Man U have the ball playing against Barcelona, I don't think so. If Man U play a open game may loss as happened to Real Madrid. But if you play back like Chelsea, you'll have more options to win.
I think that Fergusson will put in the starter team Ronaldo (second striker), Rooney (left wing), Tevez (striker) and Park (right wing) (Bervatov is too slow and less combatant then others) forward, in the middle Carrick and Scholes and the usual defense.
Barcelona will play with Valdes, Sylvinho (left back), Pique and Puyol (middle back), Caceres (right back). Toure Yaya front of the defense, Iniesta and Xavi in the middle, and forward Henry (left), Eto'o (centre) and Messi (right).

KING~POETIQ
May 09, 2009, 11:46
IMO, Spain's national team will probably win it all next year.

frank lampard
Jun 02, 2009, 01:44
Does anyone watch football here, preferibly the english premier league. If so who are your favorite teams? My dad is from Middlesbrough, so they are my favorite english team, but im from Aberdeen, Scotland, so they are my Scottish team. I am interested in seeing your views.

I like EPL so much..
Manchester United is my favorite team..
They are just awesome..
I feel sorry for you because has been eliminated from top flight this season..

Pricey
Jun 02, 2009, 22:19
dude you follow Man Utd but ur username is Frank Lampard??

TunerAddict
Jun 02, 2009, 23:29
dude you follow Man Utd but ur username is Frank Lampard??

lol

I was thinking the same thing.

Duhon2Lee
Jun 03, 2009, 03:49
I'm a Boro man in the EPL, and shattered at the news that we have been relegated for the 09/10 season. Southgate has stated there is a massive clean out on the cards though, which is a good thing, and with any luck we could jump back up into the EPL for the following season.

metrocard
Jun 24, 2009, 14:28
[Only registered and activated users can see images]

TunerAddict
Jun 24, 2009, 15:51
Usa! Usa! Usa!

Pricey
Jun 24, 2009, 18:29
i cannot believe they beat Spain

DaTPRiNCE
Jun 24, 2009, 21:56
not the best time but i dont give a ****