PDA

View Full Version : Playoff Thread

nyKnicks126
Apr 15, 2007, 14:29
Whats the team thats winning it all, and post who will come out of each round. I will post the teams that will play each other when the season is over.
EAST
(1) PISTONS vs. (8) MAGIC
(2) CAVS vs. (7) WIZARDS
(3) RAPTORS vs. (6) NETS
(4) HEAT vs. (5) BULLS
WEST
(1) MAVS vs. (8) WARRIORS
(2) SUNS vs. (7) LAKERS
(3) SPURS vs. (6) NUGGETS
(4) JAZZ vs. (5) ROCKETS

Okay what are your predictions?

LOIOSH30
Apr 16, 2007, 13:15
Right now I'm taking the Suns to win it all.....Houston would be my sleeper in the west. In the East, I gotta pick Detroit, with Toronto as my sleeper...damn, the way it stands Toronto pretty much is getting a bye if they face Washington....

nyKnicks126
Apr 22, 2007, 08:02
What are your predictions?

donchris
Apr 22, 2007, 10:35
I've got to go with the Mavs to win the west. I think we'll see a repeat of last year. Miami vs Dallas. Dallas to take it all.

GetRealistic
Apr 22, 2007, 14:58
As long as the Heat or Nets don't win who really cares.

nyKnicks126
Apr 22, 2007, 17:04
Its the playoffs, people that actually watch basketball should care.

killerinstinct
Apr 23, 2007, 11:05
Golden State is the best team!!!!

nyKnicks126
Apr 23, 2007, 12:09
For some reason I agree with you GS is the team to beat, because of Al, and Jackson. But I want and think that the Rockets are taking it this year.

GetRealistic
Apr 23, 2007, 14:24
For some reason I agree with you GS is the team to beat, because of Al, and Jackson. But I want and think that the Rockets are taking it this year.

Let's Go Rangers..... Atleast one team at the Garden is still playing and playing well.

rady
May 01, 2007, 07:00
is anyone still watching the playoffs? i'm not that pumped about what's going on in the east, but the west is hot as hell. it happened before in 94, then in 99. the warriors are now one game from becoming the 3rd 8th seed team in NBA history ever to knock a first seed. the rockets are close as well of taking utah down

rady
May 01, 2007, 07:30
[Only registered and activated users can see images]
Barkley getting the pie in his face :D

ODucksFan82
May 01, 2007, 11:40
I llike Chicago and Golden State to represent the East and West respectively, and for Chicago to take it.

nyKnicks126
May 01, 2007, 15:26
Golden State will probably upset the Dallas Mavericks. I hope you guys catch the game tonight.

rady
May 03, 2007, 02:41
First round is almost done, we already know 2 of the matchups

EAST

Detroit v Chicago

This one's going to be fun to watch. The Bulls are for the first time in the second round in the past 8 years. They have a great team plus that Big Ben is taking on his former team. On the other hand, the pistons have the playoff experience but i'm not sure if that's gonna help them. I say the Bulls will get Detroit in 6 games

Cleveland v New Jersey/Toronto (3-2)

Still have to wait for the fourth semifinalist to get here, but i assume it's going to be the Nets. Doesn't really matter, none of the nets or raptors stand a chance.

WEST

San Antonio v Phoenix

Both of them come after 4-1 wins and both of them have great teams. It would be difficult to predict a winner. I however think that the Suns' run & gun style will get them spurs in the conference finals. Suns in 6

Dallas/Golden State (2-3) v Houston/Utah (3-2)

In case the warriors make the surprise and they eliminate the mavs, they will move in the western conference semifinals without a doubt! If they lose tonight, they're done. I'd be sorry for them, they remind me so much of the 99 run!

metrocard
May 07, 2007, 22:23
Phoneix vs Warriors

Nets vs Bulls

Phx over Bulls in the Finals

rady
May 08, 2007, 00:26
Detroit already winning the second game too. Golden State fought well till the last second but lost the series opening by only 4 points

rady
May 12, 2007, 05:28
Oh man, what a great game between the warriors and jazz! Those dunk were unreal!! Imagine if we still had barnes..
anyway, i'm currently downloading game 2 and 3, if anyone wants them, the torrents can be found @ [Only registered and activated users can see images]

nyKnicks126
May 12, 2007, 07:36
Great game high scoring for the Warriors. I have noticed a new style by the Warriors, pushing the ball up court as quick as possible. Hey it's working. Great job by Don Nelson. I like that type of unique offense.

Im going to the Nets vs. Cavs game today. How's the parking down there?

nyKnicks126
May 13, 2007, 07:53
I enjoyed the game a lot of action, and both teams played hard. I got a free T-Shirt too. J-Kidd, VC, Jefferson played well.

Go on my site to see some pictures [Only registered and activated users can see images]

rady
May 14, 2007, 02:01
This was probably the end for davis & co. However, they had a great run and extremely fun to watch series with both the mavs and the jazz
in the other semifinal, spurs are leading 2-1. the games were close so i'm not counting the suns out just yet.
in east things are pretty clear, most likely the pistons and the cavs will make the eastern finals

nyKnicks126
Jun 03, 2007, 07:20
I knew that the Spurs would advance to the finals. Cleveland did a good job yesterday, they deserve to go to the finals. Gibson is nice.

Toons
Jun 03, 2007, 08:37
SPURS AND CAVS...the cavs proved that they can score under pressure and intense defense....the spurs are a quality team....can illgauskis slow down duncan? will parker abuse gibson and snow? who will contain lebron? who do you guys think will win it all?
i want lebron to get a ring, but i think san antonio has this 1, anyone have info on the season series with san an and clev?

nyk_fan
Jun 03, 2007, 12:20
In the regular season:

Cavs 88 - 81 Spurs

Cavs 82 - 78 Spurs

The Cavaliers will win this year!

nyKnicks126
Jun 03, 2007, 13:00
I can tell you that Bruce Bowen can hold down LeBron. Bowen is a guy that opponents don't like to have on D. He is rough and plays smart ball. LeBron won't have it easy.

Kiyaman
Jun 04, 2007, 03:13
I'm a Knick-Fan who seen after the Trading deadline that the Cavs were going to the FINALS in the Eastern Conference. Daniel Gibson was a suprise in this Postseason games, but a suprise that we all would want on our favorite team.

The Spurs Duncan, Finley, and Elson will have to be the players to pull this one out for the Spurs Championship (Bowen is a great defensive player but Lebron James Strength will over power both Ginobli & Bowen). Big Z will be a big disapointment for the Cavs in this FINALS.

nyKnicks126
Jun 15, 2007, 07:42
4-0 thats impressive, LeBron James was horrible this series. The Spurs deserve the championship.

metrocard
Jun 19, 2007, 01:44
[Only registered and activated users can see images]