PDA

View Full Version : Official Yankees Thread

metrocard
Jul 26, 2008, 18:44
About time we had one.

We're on fire, 7 games in a row...Mo is god and had the ultimate clutch save against Boston.

We got Marte and Nady in exchange for Tabata and two other prospect.

This move would pan out if we made it to the world series. Giving up a talent like Tabata may be questioned, despite the fact he was slumping a bit in the minors.

We could use another starter, and I don't think Washburn is going to do well in NYC...I really want another young ACE to compliment Chamberlain...Mussina and Pettitte are at the end of their careers and we can't rely on Ponson full time. Yanks need to do something with the rotation.

We have the best bullpen in the MLB now.

Melky has to get it together too...his glove is gold, but his bat has been weak.

Paul1355
Jul 26, 2008, 18:59
About time we had one.

We're on fire, 7 games in a row...Mo is god and had the ultimate clutch save against Boston.

We got Marte and Nady in exchange for Tabata and two other prospect.

This move would pan out if we made it to the world series. Giving up a talent like Tabata may be questioned, despite the fact he was slumping a bit in the minors.

We could use another starter, and I don't think Washburn is going to do well in NYC...I really want another young ACE to compliment Chamberlain...Mussina and Pettitte are at the end of their careers and we can't rely on Ponson full time. Yanks need to do something with the rotation.

We have the best bullpen in the MLB now.

Melky has to get it together too...his glove is gold, but his bat has been weak.

I agree on everything u mentioned, being that we have so much talent in the outfield in the minors Austin Jakson did pass Tabata so Tabata was good trade bait even though in a couple years he might be something. But what we got in return was terrific the move was good. I also feel that Washburn might not be a good fit even though Richie Sexson said that no one backed him up in Seattle. Washburn is gettin old and we do need an Ace i have stressed it for a while on this site.

metrocard
Jul 30, 2008, 23:18
[Only registered and activated users can see images]

HOF catcher and possible the GOAT of catchers for Fransworth?

No brainer.

Pudge expires too, so it's a great rent move.

Molina is still the best back up in the MLB...we have the best set of catchers in the world. (most important position in the MLB)

I-Rod has been one of my favorites...I love this move.
I wonder what number he's going to wear now...I'm dying to get my Pudge jersey.

We still need a ****ing starting pitcher!

1. Damon - LF/CF/DH
2. Jeter - SS
3. Abreu - RF/DH
4. Arod - 3B
5. Giambi - 1B
6. Cano - 2B
7. Nady - LF/RF/DH
8. Pudge - C
9. Cabrera - CF

Nice.

Paul1355
Jul 31, 2008, 03:20
yea great move i felt bad for farnsworth tho, no one liked him and then he finally proves he is a good reliever and we trade him...but this deal was too good to pass up.

metrocard
Jul 31, 2008, 07:58
Fransworth in reality is a C level pitcher who benefited from playing with Jose Molina and under Joe G.

Uh, our bullpen is still awesome....Bruney is going to come back, we'll be good.

We just need a damn starter, I hope Cashman sees this.

Akamu
Jul 31, 2008, 08:00
Farnsworth was doing some aZz kicking but he can turn streaky again, and the catcher is definitely a vital position, plus we the Yankees we need that slammin offense!

He didn't want to be in Detroit any longer anyhow, the staff knew that, that's why he waived his trading rights to be on a team he always wanted to play for.

I was looking at different Detroit forums and they were pisSed! LOL ! ....let's check in with the Detroit fan reaction on this trade:

Detroit fans are furious! (Where's Robocop when you need him? LoL!)

I hope I-Rod hits a ton of home runs on them, make them suffer! (They were predicted to be one of the most dominant teams but they aren't doing to well and had the worst record in the beginning, sorry Detroit you lose again LOL!)

Paul1355
Jul 31, 2008, 14:00
I-rod doesnt have the power he use to i think that dude juiced but thats just my opinion all of these guys suddenly dropping in homer run numbers look like ex-steroid guys. Even Brian Roberts who doesnt look strong at all, remember that one year were he hit a bunch of homeruns then never had numbers like that again lol. roids made the game look bad, but back on the subject, Farnsworth was a streak pitcher but this year mostly on the hot side(no homo). When he is on he's one of the best hard throwing relievers.

metrocard
Jul 31, 2008, 22:49
Yeh, but Pudge is still a .300 hitter with great defense and is a leader on the field...he was really the biggest reason why Marlins won that World Series.

We got a winner on this team, I like Molina, but he'll serve great as a back up and definately increased his value this year.

I hope Hughes can come back...

Paul1355
Jul 31, 2008, 23:05
Yeh, but Pudge is still a .300 hitter with great defense and is a leader on the field...he was really the biggest reason why Marlins won that World Series.

We got a winner on this team, I like Molina, but he'll serve great as a back up and definately increased his value this year.

I hope Hughes can come back...

Kennedy is a bigger question mark....atleast Hughes can throw 95 MPH but last time he pitched his velocity was down so he better lift those weights.
Getting Pudge was a steal, and a great move, he was the catalyst in the World Series. Molina is a great fielder and has a cannon.

metrocard
Nov 15, 2008, 13:16
Dellin Betances is the future

We need future prospects to replace Jeter/A'Rod, I want a SS/3rd prospect.

Another OF prospect besides Cabrera would help too, along with one at catcher. SS, CF, Catcher, three most important positions.

Chamberlain should stay as a reliever, his body isn't built for endurance.

Paul1355
Nov 16, 2008, 13:09
Dellin Betances is the future

We need future prospects to replace Jeter/A'Rod, I want a SS/3rd prospect.

Another OF prospect besides Cabrera would help too, along with one at catcher. SS, CF, Catcher, three most important positions.

Chamberlain should stay as a reliever, his body isn't built for endurance.

Chamberlain's last performance as a starter was a shutout in Boston were we won 1-0. That is as clutch as you can get. He has the tools to be a great starter and the more innings he pitches, the more value he has. I feel that he should pitch his first game next season as a starter to be absolutely sure that his body isn't built for the endurance. People don't know that he was a starter for years in his baseball career.

If he gets injured early on or more frequently next season while being a starter, then you have to keep him as a reliever. The Yankees should try to make him a starter first and then work from there.

And I want to look up that guy Delan Betances, never heard of him.

KBlack25
Nov 16, 2008, 14:12
Chamberlain's last performance as a starter was a shutout in Boston were we won 1-0. That is as clutch as you can get. He has the tools to be a great starter and the more innings he pitches, the more value he has. I feel that he should pitch his first game next season as a starter to be absolutely sure that his body isn't built for the endurance. People don't know that he was a starter for years in his baseball career.

If he gets injured early on or more frequently next season while being a starter, then you have to keep him as a reliever. The Yankees should try to make him a starter first and then work from there.

And I want to look up that guy Delan Betances, never heard of him.

Co-sign, Joba came up as a starter, and ultimately that's what they'll rely on him to become. He struggled his first couple performances as a starter, but later on started pitching very very well. If the Yankees get Sabathia and get Wang back, they'll rely on Joba as no better than the 3rd starter, and likely prob. 4th or 5th starter, and he certainly has the stuff for that role.

Paul1355
Nov 16, 2008, 20:31
Co-sign, Joba came up as a starter, and ultimately that's what they'll rely on him to become. He struggled his first couple performances as a starter, but later on started pitching very very well. If the Yankees get Sabathia and get Wang back, they'll rely on Joba as no better than the 3rd starter, and likely prob. 4th or 5th starter, and he certainly has the stuff for that role.

Burnett rejected his option with the Blu Jays so we can get AJ Burnett as well.

Sabathia
Wang
Burnett
Pettite
Joba

sounds damn good...Pettite would be in front of Joba only because he is a lefty.

metrocard
Nov 17, 2008, 08:55
Joba has to drop 20 pounds.
Sabathia too.

Paul1355
Nov 17, 2008, 14:53
Joba has to drop 20 pounds.
Sabathia too.

agreed but apparently Sabathia either keeps a high velocity or keeps throwing hard some how from being over weight. I heard a baseball analysts say that if Sabathia lost weight that he would lose speed on his pitches. I never heard of fatness making you throw harder but I guess if CC lost weight that he would also lose muscle resulting in a lower velocity.

I think one day that his legs will wear out....hopefully after the 6 year deal we want to sign him for.

KBlack25
Nov 17, 2008, 16:09
agreed but apparently Sabathia either keeps a high velocity or keeps throwing hard some how from being over weight. I heard a baseball analysts say that if Sabathia lost weight that he would lose speed on his pitches. I never heard of fatness making you throw harder but I guess if CC lost weight that he would also lose muscle resulting in a lower velocity.

I think one day that his legs will wear out....hopefully after the 6 year deal we want to sign him for.

I guess in theory it could. Momentum is mass times velocity so the more mass he has the more momentum he has coming off the mound than a lighter person coming off at the same speed. This probably would cause the ball to increase in speed a bit quicker. It all depends on how much body weight you can get behind the ball and with how much power you can push off with. Again, it's all theory and likely could work either way (more mass means getting off the mound slower), but it isn't necessarily not the case. I worry about Sabathia's size too, I hope he doesn't blow out his knee or shoulder if he signs in NY.

junitz23
Nov 19, 2008, 10:28
LETS go NYY

junitz23
Nov 19, 2008, 10:28
double post

feetoe
Nov 19, 2008, 19:33
good luck to Mike Mussina, who's going to announce his retirement later this week.

th3realicon
Dec 03, 2008, 22:47
Moose is gone. Classy act retiring after he had his first 20 win season.

I do not like the fact CC is taking his time to decide in either to take or leave the yanks $140 million. That shows me he really doesn't want to be a Yankee. Being a Yankee should be a privilege and if a player doesn't see it that way well than clear the road. I think CC is being a pr!ck by not having the guts at least to clearly say he doesn't want to play in NY and reject. He is keeping that offer on the table because deep down he knows no one can match Yankee $.

feetoe
Dec 05, 2008, 11:48
the only reason Sabathia is going to be a Yankee is because of the money, he has no passion for the team of its history. just a mercenary who will be just like Randy Johnson, Pavano, Kevin Brown, Jose Contreras, etc.

KBlack25
Dec 10, 2008, 11:14
the only reason Sabathia is going to be a Yankee is because of the money, he has no passion for the team of its history. just a mercenary who will be just like Randy Johnson, Pavano, Kevin Brown, Jose Contreras, etc.

If it was about the money CC would have signed right off the bat, $140 mil is more than any other pitcher ever. Fact is this guy wanted to see if anyone approached his asking price on the west coast or in the NL. Nobody did. CC is better than RJ, Pavano, Brown and I don't think you could call Contreras a mercenary (he almost went to Boston and the Yankees did not have the right coaching staff to manage him).

RJ was 41 years old when the Yankees got him.
Kevin Brown was 39.
Carl Pavano was sub-.500 for his career when the Yankees got him and had only had one good season (18-8) when they signed him.
Jose Contreras went 7-2 his first year in NY, and 8-5 through half of his second year until he got traded.

CC Sabathia is 27 going on 28, in his prime. He gives the Yankees a real nice change of pace when teams have to face CC and Wang on consecutive days. CC gets people out by striking them out, Wang gets people out by letting them hit bad pitches into the dirt. Other teams will have a nightmare of a time trying to keep up with that in their lineups, oneday you have to face a power pitcher, the next a contact pitcher, not to mention the best power pitcher in the game today and then arguably the best contact pitcher in the game today, certainly in the AL.

My issue with this team is that I don't see them able to create runs. This is their lineup as of today as I see it:

1- LF Johnny Damon
2- SS Derek Jeter
3- RF Xavier Nady
4- 3B Alex Rodriguez
5- C Jorge Posada
6- DH Hideki Matsui
7- 2B Robinson Cano
8- 1B Nick Swisher
9- CF Brett Gardner

I could see Hideki and Jorge being switched, and if Robinson Cano has a good first half he could shoot up to #5. It's not the All Star lineup we have been used to in NY but the Rotation as I see it is getting better.

Sabathia-Wang-Pettitte-Chamberlain-Hughes

I assume they will sign Pettitte to a deal. Hopefully they can land either Sheets, Burnett or Lowe too, move Chamberlain out of the rotation and into the bullpen. If that is the case the Yankees have the best pen in baseball:

Bruney, Veras, Ramirez, Marte, Chamberlain, Rivera.

I also really like that kid Dave Robertson, I think he's a year away but I think he will come into his own. He gives up hits but he always manages to get out of it. That tells me he isn't abandoning his stuff, he doesn't get rattled to easily and he very easily can settle in and get guys out when he needs to.

Alfredo Aceves is also a question mark, I just don't know how or where he fits into the Yankees this year and beyond. Same with Phil Coke and Dan Giese.

I also am wary on Ian Kennedy, he pitched real well in the minors but was bloody awful in the majors. Hopefully something will click for him next year.

metrocard
Dec 12, 2008, 18:51
CC is a Yankee!!!!

Finally...an ACE...ayy dioooooo, we're so in the ***** of the AL EAST...like in that shyt...8 inches deep.

Paul1355
Dec 12, 2008, 18:58
CC is a Yankee!!!!

Finally...an ACE...ayy dioooooo, we're so in the ***** of the AL EAST...like in that shyt...8 inches deep.

lmao yea we finally have someone we can actually call an ACE. last one was Roger Clemens. 7 years is a heavy deal but he has the option to back out after 3 years if he wants to leave NY and move to the West Coast.

knickzrulezH20
Dec 12, 2008, 19:14
the yankees got aj burnett, its like breakin news on espn, is he good? i dont watch baseball but thought u guys wud like to kno

th3realicon
Dec 13, 2008, 08:53
As a matter of fact now we seem to have 2 aces. CC and AJ. :)
Although the fact that we didn't sign any offensive options bothers me

We really needed Texeira. He would have been a nice addition to our line up and an extremely good defensive 1B'man. The asking price is too high though and his agent is that Boras guy who seem to get his clients pretty fat checks.

Also seems we will have Cameron as our center fielder, or till Austin Jackson is major league ready for that matter.

The idea of having Tex is to protect A-Rod. If he is the lone guy who inject fear in that line up than pitchers can get by him in many ways and that would be crazy. Although having Manny as our DH would help, he is also a Boras agent and will demand the moon. He is 37 but he showed last year that he is like wine gets better with age. :)

Paul1355
Dec 14, 2008, 20:35
As a matter of fact now we seem to have 2 aces. CC and AJ. :)
Although the fact that we didn't sign any offensive options bothers me

We really needed Texeira. He would have been a nice addition to our line up and an extremely good defensive 1B'man. The asking price is too high though and his agent is that Boras guy who seem to get his clients pretty fat checks.

Also seems we will have Cameron as our center fielder, or till Austin Jackson is major league ready for that matter.

The idea of having Tex is to protect A-Rod. If he is the lone guy who inject fear in that line up than pitchers can get by him in many ways and that would be crazy. Although having Manny as our DH would help, he is also a Boras agent and will demand the moon. He is 37 but he showed last year that he is like wine gets better with age. :)

Agreed and now the Yankees are talking to Texiera and looks like they are officialy in the hunt. They need a first baseman and need even more is a clutch hitter to protect A-Rod.

DaTPRiNCE
Dec 15, 2008, 19:33
were tryng to get Bill Hall from the Brewers as part of the Melky-Cameron deal he's real good i like his game(no homo) and that makes Cano expndable even though i love his game and think he could get even better....so we could trade Cano for Matt Kemp....who's a very good player that will give us a future outfield of A-Jack and Kemp.....and Texiera will be perfect for us i got this feeling we sign him, similar thing will happen like what happened with Beltran(where he offered us a discount) but this time we take it.....

th3realicon
Dec 15, 2008, 21:56
Bill hall doesn't feel right in my book. I would hate for us to let Cano go. Yes he had a down year but the talent is there. He can hit for power and is a decent defensive 2nd baseman. And he is still mad young.

Although if Joe Torre is willing to pull a trigger on the Matt Kemp deal i wiuld think about it. I love Kemp and what he brings to the table.

the other problem is that Kemp is genuine CFer and i would hate the Yankees give him the chance and screw A-jack. Unless Kemp is willing to settle for left field i would do it, otherwise thanks but no thanks.

Paul1355
Dec 15, 2008, 22:54
were tryng to get Bill Hall from the Brewers as part of the Melky-Cameron deal he's real good i like his game(no homo) and that makes Cano expndable even though i love his game and think he could get even better....so we could trade Cano for Matt Kemp....who's a very good player that will give us a future outfield of A-Jack and Kemp.....and Texiera will be perfect for us i got this feeling we sign him, similar thing will happen like what happened with Beltran(where he offered us a discount) but this time we take it.....

Cano isnt going anywhere and all that talk of him leaving was shot down by Cashman when he said that they invested alot in him for a reason and feels that he'll bounce back and have a good year.

Bill Hall and Cameron for Melky and two pitching prospects would be fine.

DaTPRiNCE
Dec 15, 2008, 23:46
Cano isnt going anywhere and all that talk of him leaving was shot down by Cashman when he said that they invested alot in him for a reason and feels that he'll bounce back and have a good year.

Bill Hall and Cameron for Melky and two pitching prospects would be fine.

yea i just read that article i heard that rumor way back loll...but i love Cano and hope we keep em and A-Jack looks like the real deal, the outfield version of Reyes

Paul1355
Dec 16, 2008, 18:57
yea i just read that article i heard that rumor way back loll...but i love Cano and hope we keep em and A-Jack looks like the real deal, the outfield version of Reyes

apparently Austin Jackson is just like Brett Gardner but slower and better contact.

If Gardner can improve his contact he should definetly our starting CF. His speed alone causes havoc on the basepaths and we have no one else with speed like his. Damon is older and can't steal bases like he use to. Whenever Gardner got on base he would reach 2nd almost automatically. That's a runner in scoring position for every base hit lol.

He is under rated and if not a starter should be our 4th outfielder.

DaTPRiNCE
Dec 16, 2008, 19:21
Gardner is more of a pinch runner or fil in outfielder i like him alot(o homo) i think he's better then Melky but he isnt a long term solution and A-Jack is nasty! he's fast as hell and has great contact defense and a strong outfield arm this guys gonna be sick when he comes up im tellig you the outfield Jose Reyes....

Paul1355
Dec 17, 2008, 11:23
Gardner is more of a pinch runner or fil in outfielder i like him alot(o homo) i think he's better then Melky but he isnt a long term solution and A-Jack is nasty! he's fast as hell and has great contact defense and a strong outfield arm this guys gonna be sick when he comes up im tellig you the outfield Jose Reyes....

I hope so because we haven't had a great position player from the minors in some time. All of our minor league prospects that come up to the big leagues are either starters or relief pitchers.

DaTPRiNCE
Dec 17, 2008, 13:57
yea true unno if Cano will count because we got hm in a trade and he was in our system before we brought him up....but homegrown i would say maybe Jeter....but this guy is looking like the real deal

metrocard
Dec 23, 2008, 16:48
Mark Tex? checked.

Manny is next.

quiggle
Dec 25, 2008, 17:03
Yankee officials said Manny aint coming. what number does Tex wear? he taking Giambis 25?

th3realicon
Dec 25, 2008, 18:24
A Jack is a far better hitter than Gardner is. I also was under the impression that he was faster. Guess i was wrong. Although his last season was worrisome. He never went above .280 in Double A and that might smell disaster. If he can't hit for average in AA let alone AAA how can he hit better in the Majors?

Let see how he doesn in SWB next season, and hope for the best.