The Verdict is in...

Speak3asy

Benchwarmer
I expected loses of course, but not to the T Wolves or the 76ers, these teams suck plain and simple, they will not make the playoffs this year and we got embarrassed to both of them in horrible fashions.

Its not the record that bothers me, we can be 0-9 but if we played hard all 9 games I would be content. We are a strong 3-2 with a dreadful 0-4 because the past 4 games we completely took a 180 and started playing the same Mike D basketball we all saw the past two seasons.

Its how we lose bro, how we lose.

I am seeing this pattern never changing and now I know why the Suns got rid of Mike D so fast. he sucks. absolutely horrible.

I attribute the reason for our losses not because were not better then them, but because our team is still trying to get the chemistry down. It takes time. The 76ers and the T wolves have good talent too. Mike Beasley and K love were picked in the top 5 as well as Wes johnson. Those are some pretty good players. Not to mention another stellar player in John Flynn.

Red

TYPE-A
Uninspired,
Unmotivated,
gutless performance, from a band of individuals with talent, but devoid of LEADERSHIP.

It's not a matter of how many games, as the learning curve varies.

What does matter is the truth. I don't want to hear any talent or lack there of arguments.

Sheesh... I can't even blame MDA...

I guess in NY to deal w/ pressure and expectation no one can consistently step up and be a leader from start to finish. Ideally the type of no nonsense attitude within a player...

who shows up everyday, and plays with pride is on the player. A leader or great Head Coach gets that out of them.

I really can't BLAME MDA for not being able to do that, honestly in NY not many can. But I've peeped it.

Devoid; not of talent, but leadership, hunger, and pride... and that starts in 2 places... from the top and within. This is sad. Every NY team has to get beat up to develop some fight. While eveyone is waiting around, we look like Mike Tyson trying to find his mouth-piece... it's sad.

tiger0330

Legend
I am seeing this pattern never changing and now I know why the Suns got rid of Mike D so fast. he sucks. absolutely horrible.

Red said:
Every NY team has to get beat up to develop some fight.

Change may be coming guys. I was scratching my head about some of the 3 pointers in transition that were taken when the first Knick down just jacked up a 3 without any of the team under the basket. Just sloppy, lazy play taking a shot like that.

Well D'Antoni in the NY Times says it was a mistake, so at least he recognizes it and may make changes. Jacking up 3s is not the only thing we do wrong but it's a start if D'Antoni gets the team to change that.

Sometimes it takes a tough loss to get a team turned around maybe that will be the case with the Minnie loss.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/13/sports/basketball/13knicks.html?_r=1&hpw

Then the Knicks, who seemed to be doing whatever they wanted offensively against the league?s second-worst defensive team, began misfiring 3-pointer after 3-pointer without running much time off the shot clock. And when the Timberwolves scored eight straight points, the listless crowd at the Target Center began to stir.

?We weren?t attacking the rim,? Knicks Coach Mike D?Antoni said. ?We were settling too quick. No excuse, we shouldn?t have done that.?

jimkcchief88

All Star
That was a quote from Jimqueef the Style Thief in the Chicago Bulls game thread. The guy doesn't even watch games yet thinks he can talk about anything with authority! Dude has watched one game this season and is attempting to sound knowledgeable!

JimmyQueef, PM me you bank account and routing number and I'll pay for the NBA package so you can actually know what the eff you are talking about!

Been watching the games on firstrow.com. Nice try. I meant I get the Bulls on my local channel so I that game I watched on my plasma instead of my laptop. Appreciate the offer though..... Mighty white of ya....

You know...right about now... I wouldn't mind seeing Mark Jackson as head coach, and Ewing as an assistant (maybe). M.Jackson is from the city, played for the city, and judging from the talent we have...he maybe worth the gamble. If we do make that move.... it should be sooner than later. Get rid of that suspect perimeter mentality, and bring in that NY showtime BBall. This coach is having problems figuring these guys out. He's a stubborn egostistical coach who doesn't know how to mix it up, Instead of adapting, he'll rather force the issue. Bring in another NYer (mello), keep Wilson, Fields, Douggie Fresh, Turiaf, Felt, Moz, Walker, and scoop up a cheap rebounding role player (some old experienced dude on his way out), take all of this along with the spirit of NYC, Championship, imho

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Ask yourself this...

1. Would our team perform so poorly under Doc Rivers, Phil Jackson, Pop, or even Van Gundy?

2. Wasn't there a chicken or egg debate about who's to blame; the coach or the players?

3. What team looks so good yet so bad from game to game?

4. Who's in charge of producing leaders, accountability, and in game adjustments?

5. What coach has a winning resume but hasn't won?

Well the verdict is in. It might be my impatience but I think I'm comvinced. We are the Dallas cowboys of BB, and MDA is Wade Phillips.

His body language says it all. His speeches and lack of accountability says more. First it was talent.

So we brought MDA in here b/c we thought he could persuade talent... he failed.

We brought MDA in to reinvigorate the offense... he failed.

We adhered to this spread P & R philosophy, and blamed the players, but for some reason, we can't execute it... why? Could it be b/c even when ran to perfection it lacks fundamentals? Just maybe...

Haven't we disected this to no end? And haven't we concluded it was the players? Well perenial all-stars were added... a playoff experienced PG was added, and what happened?

Defense was added... and what happened?

I'll tell you what happened... MDA is the Wade Phillips of BB. More talent and not enough of what's needed.. Leadership. Accountability. Consistency.

Our mistakes began with drafting Gallo.. b/c of who...? MDA

We gutted our roster and added "athletic" players, suited for a system, who can't execute, b/c of who...? MDA

Why are we missing but STILL chucking 3's? MDA

Why can't we run the basic plays like a P&R? B/c we neglect to exploit the low post and work from the inside out.. why? MDA

Why isn't Gallo (the best shooter ever) confident, and so streaky? MDA conditioning.

Why isn't the rotation set? MDA

Why don't we have Lopez & Jennings? MDA

Why...

10 star thread out of 5.

D'Antonisexuals are screaming. :lol:

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Been watching the games on firstrow.com. Nice try. I meant I get the Bulls on my local channel so I that game I watched on my plasma instead of my laptop. Appreciate the offer though..... Mighty white of ya....

That's what we call a lie. If what you said were true you would not have typed what you did. My offer still stands since I know your SS checks all go towards your depends diapers and denture cream.

Kiyaman

Legend
The Verdict is in ..... Herb Williams as interim coach for 72 games

After reading the majority of posts on this thread it dont look like
"the verdict is in" on 90% of the posters in this forum.

After Celebrity coach Dantoni "TANKED" his first season as the
Knicks headcoach so many Knick-fans responded to me to be patient, to
give Dantoni untill the 2010-11 season when he will get his type of players
on the Knicks. I still dont understand what that mean.

Celebrity coach Dantoni 2nd season as the Knicks headcoach, he got on
the bad side of more than half of the players on the Knicks roster during
training camp. The 1-11 start of the regular season was enough proof to
make Dantoni being a poison to the players a fact.
Our embarrassing Christmas Game loss shouldve been Dantoni last game
as a Knick, and a future reference to the next Knick coach.

Watching Wilson Chandler throw-up 3-balls during the 2009 preseason games
was very strange coming from a player who never used the 3-ball shot in his
offense in the 2 offseasons in the Knick SLG tournaments. Plus Chandler rarely
shot the 3-ball in his first full season of 30 minutes of playingtime in all 82
games. Wilson Chandlers best assets coming into the NBA was his slashing
in the lane, 15 foot jumpers, being a finisher on a fastbreak and around the
basket, rebounding, and being a well defender vs SG/SF/PF. What happen to
Wilson Chandler? Chandler shouldve been limited to only 2 attempts from the
3-ball line early last season. After losing a tooth I wouldve expected Chandler
to shoot alot of 3-balls, not before. LOL

Why Gallo never come out to screen and pick for our PG so he could shoot
15 to 20 foot jumpers over oponents PG? Knick oponents are still putting
small defenders on 6.10 Gallo who refuse to slash though the lane to catch
an alley-oop pass to dunk over the smaller defender. This part of Gallo's skills
is not use b/c of poor development of teaching Gallo how to score off the ball
and keep it moving when without the ball. Standing in one spot when your 25
feet from the basket does nothing for the team offense.

Anthony Randolph quick athletic presence in the paint is his strong attribute
to this Knick team, his role on the Knicks should be dont go any further than
10 to 12 feet away from the basket on both sides of the court. Randolph
should rarely put the ball on the court to shoot, and his shooting range should
not go pass 15 feet from the basket. Letting Anthony Randolph shoot a 3-ball
is the same as a coach letting Rodman shoot a 3-ball.

Nash & Kidd have a habit of getting the ball down court to score without the
ball being dribbled going through two or three of their teammates hands.
I have not witness 2 seasons of Duhon or any of the Knick games with Felton
do this one time. Yet, I am still listening to Knick-fans and NBA commentators
keep mentioning Dantoni system.

Little do some know, Herb Williams wouldve gotten a better winning performance
from the players on our roster the previous 2 seasons, plus Herb is a better
offense/defense strategic coach than Dantoni.
When Suns coach Gentry swept the Spurs in the 2nd round of the playoffs
lastseason we shouldve FIRED Dantoni at that moment.
:teeth::teeth::teeth:
Should the verdict to FIRE Dantoni on Monday Nov. 15 2010, if the Knicks lose on Sunday in MSG vs the Rockets (who have the rights to swap the Knicks first round 2011 pick)???

jimkcchief88

All Star
That's what we call a lie. If what you said were true you would not have typed what you did. My offer still stands since I know your SS checks all go towards your depends diapers and denture cream.

NOOOOooooo, A lie is you claiming to know ANYTHING about basketball. Even at my advanced age I could take you on the court and play you in my SOCKS....

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Now you're beginning to understand. That is exactly my contention. He'd be shooting 3's because thats what the coach wants. Everybody on the team shoots three's like they're good at it. AR, Chandler, Amare they all shoot them with NO HESITATION. This is a FACT...

That is a hypothetical not a fact. We have no idea if Rondo would be shooting 3's and it's not even worth debating. Yes, D'ant has given the green light to take the open shot and some of our players took that as a signal to chuck shots. So yea, maybe D'ant can and should reign that in a bit, no arguments from me there. I never stated D'ant was perfect of his system is GOAT.

Our system is predicated on getting OPEN JUMP SHOTS. Preferably 3's. Tell me I'm wrong. Amare's game is as a finisher and a POST PLAYER. STAT just really developed a SEMI-CONSISTENT jump shot in the last 1-2 years. WHAT exactly was he doing before this? POSTING UP. I think your confusion is that he has to be a back to the basket ball player to post. THIS ISNT THE CASE. He received the ball in the post when he was with the Suns at which point he turned and faced the basket and defender. One, Two dribbles he was at the rim.

Every system is predicated on shooting open shots...What you fail to realize is the 3 is not the first option, the 3 is the last option after the defense collapses on our player and leaves a shooter open.

I am sorry but you are just plain wrong...Amare has never been a post up player. He ran the pick and roll, finished while in motion and faced up to the basket. Again, I am sure he has posted up but that is not his game or what defines him. BTW, getting the ball feed to you close to the rim does not make you a "post up" player.

Its so sad that you really dont know the history of the player you say you know so well. Amare never ever took this many jump shots per game in his career. Watch a game from the Lakers/Suns playoff series from last year. Watch how many times he posted up.

It's sad that you can't read or comprehend the English language because I clearly acknowledged that Amare is taking many more jump shots now. Again, the reason is where our PG's are getting him the ball and has nothing to do with D'ants system. If it were his system or coaching the same problems would have occurred in Phoenix under the same coach and system!!!!! Why can't you grasp this simple concept!?

So if the point guard cant run the system properly wouldnt you think its time to try something different? Seems we had the same problems with Duhon. He's now gone. Why not just try to create a system that utilizes the current players on the teams STRENGTHS?

Further evidence of your flawed logic. Amare would struggle in any system that does not give him the ball in the correct place. His struggles have nothing to do with the system and everything to do with where the PG is able to feed him the ball. Regradless of coach or system we will see Amare struggle if he does not have a competent PG feeding him the ball in motion or around the rim. Simply put, Amare thrived IN THIS SYSTEM AND UNDER THIS COACH with Nash feeding him. Gentry continued this system too. Go check the amount of points scored/given up by the Suns last year. Go check how many 3's they shot. Go look at the average time they took off of the shot clock.

Again, no matter the coach, no matter the system if a teams star player is struggling the team will look bad and so will the system being employed. I have faith that Felton will be able to adapt and get Amare playing at a high level each night but I sounded the alarm when STAT was yet to be signed. I predicted these issues because I did watch a bunch of Suns games and knew that Amare was a finisher, not a creator and relied heavily on Nash. So you can wrongly blame a system that has already proven successful with Amare or you can recognize that Amare and by extension the Knicks struggles have a lot to do with with our PG's facilitating the offense.

jimkcchief88

All Star
TRILL....How many games UNDER .500 will the KNICKS have to be before you admit that this team from philosophy to personell is fundamentally flawed????

tiger0330

Legend
TRILL....How many games UNDER .500 will the KNICKS have to be before you admit that this team from philosophy to personell is fundamentally flawed????
Not only under .500 but getting our asses handed to us by some scrub teams. Only a blind man would argue that something isn't wrong, my gut feeling is it's the horses and then having a coach that doesn't get the most out of his horses.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Not only under .500 but getting our asses handed to us by some scrub teams. Only a blind man would argue that something isn't wrong, my gut feeling is it's the horses and then having a coach that doesn't get the most out of his horses.

I agree whole assedly. Mike's teetering on the edge of senility with his offensive sets and substitutions. When will the trap door be dropped from under his feet?

Soon, I hope. But what is the likelihood?

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter

You're a tool who is loving our struggles just to say "I told you so". The fact is I have recognized that there are problems since day one and never stated otherwise.

First I created a thread after our FIRST preseason game titled "STAT Dropped 32 Points and I am Worried!"

Link: http://www.knicksonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8929

Further in this thread and others i have laid out our flaws such as Felton's inability to get Amare the ball in the right place, our inability to hit open shots, our inability to make crucial stops and that we are shooting too many 3's. What I have been doing is separating the fair from unfair criticisms and parsing what is a product of our system verse a product of our players. Further I am looking for a bit of time to see if this team can come together since we have so many young and new players. So you you can ignore all my posts in an attempt to characterize my position as something it's not but I have an easily referenced record to counter your slander.

jimkcchief88

All Star
You're a tool who is loving our struggles just to say "I told you so". The fact is I have recognized that there are problems since day one and never stated otherwise.

First I created a thread after our FIRST preseason game titled "STAT Dropped 32 Points and I am Worried!"

Link: http://www.knicksonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8929

Further in this thread and others i have laid out our flaws such as Felton's inability to get Amare the ball in the right place, our inability to hit open shots, our inability to make crucial stops and that we are shooting too many 3's. What I have been doing is separating the fair from unfair criticisms and parsing what is a product of our system verse a product of our players. Further I am looking for a bit of time to see if this team can come together since we have so many young and new players. So you you can ignore all my posts in an attempt to characterize my position as something it's not but I have an easily referenced record to counter your slander.

NOOOooooo, you are the TOOL and I am saying I TOLD YOU SO!!! And I am STILL the bigger MAN than you because I endured all your petty insults just to make the point that you have no clue what you are talking about.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
NOOOooooo, you are the TOOL and I am saying I TOLD YOU SO!!! And I am STILL the bigger MAN than you because I endured all your petty insults just to make the point that you have no clue what you are talking about.

You're a clown dude. You try to insult me all the time so stop crying like a ho. Remember trillyawoman and all your other lame attempts at insults? Remember your weak ass rhymes? Further it was you who called me out twice in the D'ant thread when I was having a debate with other posters and it was you who bumped that thread after it was dead and mentioned my name. You are a hypocrite and I am beginning to think you have something wrong with your brain since you forget all these FACTS.

You can only be a bigger man than me in ego and waist size dude. You want to bet against the Knicks and you freely admit you are happy to say "I told you so" all at the expense of the Knicks record. You can't and won't debate me and I have embarssed and exposed you in each and every encounter. Just stop typing my name and you can spare yourself the abuse and embarrassment. You are a negative peon and I could give two shits about you and will be happy to never utter another word in your direction. That said, if you keep wanting to distort my position, call my name out like a bitch climaxing and talk about me to other posters expect to have the fire spit once again in your lame direction.

I can't help it if shit rolls down hill...