Amare has been the best FA signing so far

metrocard

Legend
LeBron who?!!

Felton the best bargain signing & Fields the draft steal. Good job DW

KNICKS 14-9 WHATS POPPIN? (cam'ron voice.) STAT for MVP!

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
2010 plan a success...Walsh, GOAT. Amare 3rd in scoring and is a straight animal. Dude should be charged with beastiality.

iSaYughh

Starter
Word.

Not sure we want Melo anymore. tbh....

Our dynamic is sick and only growing. We have 2 guys who at any time are able to own souls:

STAT, Felton, Gallo, Chandler.

At least one bench-like guy who can come in and ride a hot, ruthless hand:

Turiaf, Douglas, now Williams.

And the steady hand, versatility, and smarts of Fields.

We need to splurge on getting M. Gasol here. A real 7+ft starting center with game. Re-sign Chandler. Maybe Glenn Davis, too?

Jason Richardson is even be an unncessary type guy at this point.

If we get Melo, we'd need to clean house some to re-structure chemistry....moving Gallo and/or Chandler for some stuff. But why fck with that chemistry when we got it now.

Tough, bc i really like Melo, and i like his clutch and ny bred heart...and we got the cash....but, eh eh.

knicksin60

Starter
Lebron doesn't have the heart to carry the Knicks the way Amar'e does.

So far, Amar'e has been worth every penny that is in his contract!

Great thread!

Last edited:

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
agreed, STAT has turned this team around. especially the culture, at first Gallo, Chandler, and co were fine after our 5 game skid thinking it was "normal", and its not their faults. STAT threw a shoe, felton and STAT had a talk with the team and the rest has been cake loll. were a couple of pieces short but this team can do some damage, as they will show in the coming weeks. book it

BleedOrange&Blue

Benchwarmer
Word.

Not sure we want Melo anymore. tbh....

Our dynamic is sick and only growing. We have 2 guys who at any time are able to own souls:

STAT, Felton, Gallo, Chandler.

At least one bench-like guy who can come in and ride a hot, ruthless hand:

Turiaf, Douglas, now Williams.

And the steady hand, versatility, and smarts of Fields.

We need to splurge on getting M. Gasol here. A real 7+ft starting center with game. Re-sign Chandler. Maybe Glenn Davis, too?

Jason Richardson is even be an unncessary type guy at this point.

If we get Melo, we'd need to clean house some to re-structure chemistry....moving Gallo and/or Chandler for some stuff. But why fck with that chemistry when we got it now.

Tough, bc i really like Melo, and i like his clutch and ny bred heart...and we got the cash....but, eh eh.

I am with you on the chemistry note, but if you look at our team I think Gallo is easily replaced. I would gladly unload him and Randolph to get a Center. I don't know enough about Marc Gasol, but he fits into that category. Trading for Melo would be Nice, but having him would hurt Felton's game a lot as he is most effective when running the offense, and Melo isn't a spot up type player. If Felton were not playing well then I would be all for Putting together Voltron (CP3 Melo and STAT) but for now Felton and Amar'e are a legit 1-2 Punch all we need is a Center.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Yeah honestly I think Felton could be a starting PG on a championship team because of his defense and his hustle.

Think about a lineup like this:

PG - Felton
SG - Fields
SF - Carmelo
PF - Amar'e
C - Marc Gasol

Bench:
Toney Douglas
O.J. Mayo
Wilson Chandler
Danilo Gallinari

Which one of you guys wouldn't jizz your pants if you had that lineup?

keyser soze

Benchwarmer
I am with you on the chemistry note, but if you look at our team I think Gallo is easily replaced. I would gladly unload him and Randolph to get a Center. I don't know enough about Marc Gasol, but he fits into that category. Trading for Melo would be Nice, but having him would hurt Felton's game a lot as he is most effective when running the offense, and Melo isn't a spot up type player. If Felton were not playing well then I would be all for Putting together Voltron (CP3 Melo and STAT) but for now Felton and Amar'e are a legit 1-2 Punch all we need is a Center.

I don't know. Gallo is such a dynamite shooter and when he is on, he is really on. And he's so young and still has so much room for improvement. And what Center is really out there? I'm not the biggest Marc Gasol guy in the world. I think people tend to here the name "Gasol" and subconsciously think of the success his brother has had in LA. He isn't his brother . . .

iSaYughh

Starter

PG - Felton
SG - Fields
SF - Carmelo
PF - Amar'e
C - Marc Gasol

Bench:
Toney Douglas
O.J. Mayo
Wilson Chandler
Danilo Gallinari

That's the money lineup I've been considering, too; but more and more I wanna keep our pinpoint chemistry in tact at all costs, and it might mean doing the unfathomable and passing on Melo.

Gasol and Glenn Davis are FA's. Them + re-signing Chandler is my #1 hope right now.

Give us most loaded front-court outside of maybe LA.

MGasol would feast with us. Can move, proficient offensive game with pretty soft hands, 7ft+ size, blocks/steals, plays some quality D, and is just hitting prime.

Spotty rebounding for a 7'1'' C, but Randolph siphens off a lot of his looks. Plus, our guards and small forwards help make up for it.

CAP REALISM:

M.Gasol, Davis, and Chandler can realistically look to be signed.

Melo + Gasol + Chandler, not likely, unfortunately...Unless we got real creative in dealing Gallo for...I dunno. Even then. We'd have to throw in quality contracts like like Moz's 3M to get there and other assets, all while tinkering w chemistry.

Melo and Gasol is dicey, too, capwise.

Felton-Douglas
Fields-Walker
Gallo-Chandler
STAT-Turiaf
MG-Davis

w/ Moz, AR, Williams on bench.

That can happen. Championship team already? Reminds me of the LB Pistons in a way, but better since our one "star" is pretty much an out n out superstar. Our game would be much diff obv, but the chemistry and flow to the team, the balance and depth, and makeup of players, reminds me of them.

iSaYughh

Starter
I don't know. Gallo is such a dynamite shooter and when he is on, he is really on. And he's so young and still has so much room for improvement. And what Center is really out there? I'm not the biggest Marc Gasol guy in the world. I think people tend to here the name "Gasol" and subconsciously think of the success his brother has had in LA. He isn't his brother . . .

He isn't. But he's legit. He's young, too, much younger than Pau. By a good 5years. He's a 2nd rounder, too, more raw...or was more raw...so what we now see might just be the beginning. But even if it's closer to the end,

He'd be an automatic 15-2-8 w/ 1blck, 1stl, .500shooting at an absolute minimum for us.

He's also a guy we could immediately get without going bonkers with a trade.

Our team would be getting so complete with him. Even if we just got him and re-signed Chandler, and didn't get a guy like Davis, too.

We talk about CP3 and shit a lot. But this is how you get it done, tho. I hate to blasphemy Raymondo, but, if we're always talking about CP3:

Tons of assets, players and picks; Chandler signed and blossoming; Felton owning; and not getting Melo gives us a most reasonable chance at getting him, without raiding or starting lineup of top2bottom quality, or bench.

It'd just be an option, too, that'd flow from the above course of NOT signing Melo!

if one more person on this thread or forum says they dont want carmelo anthony here I Am going to vomit

we are 14-9

it will take one 3 game losing streak before we start screaming

offf with their heads

WE NEEDD MELO

when i look at the standings, I look at the knicks
and then i glance above and seeeee

celtics
magic
heat
hawks
spurs
lakers
jazz
mavericks
thunder

ok ok ok ok

we got amare and felton

but
truly

im not satisfied

the idea is
CHAMPIONSHIP

and if we wanna win a title

MELO IS NEEDED

I GIVE UP ANY ONE

not named amare and felton for this guy

FELTON AND AMARE ARE THE CHEMISTRY

stop saying if we give this or that up we will lose chemistry because at the end of games

its FELTON AND AMARE Who win the games

you add MELO

you can piece together whom ever in terms of chandler, gallo, douglas

the fact of the matter is

we need MELO to win a title.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
I honestly believe that if we can get Melo without giving up any of our players (meaning if we sign him as a FA) we'll be a championship contender next year.

la2ny

Starter
if one more person on this thread or forum says they dont want carmelo anthony here I Am going to vomit

we are 14-9

it will take one 3 game losing streak before we start screaming

offf with their heads

WE NEEDD MELO

when i look at the standings, I look at the knicks
and then i glance above and seeeee

celtics
magic
heat
hawks
spurs
lakers
jazz
mavericks
thunder

ok ok ok ok

we got amare and felton

but
truly

im not satisfied

the idea is
CHAMPIONSHIP

and if we wanna win a title

MELO IS NEEDED

I GIVE UP ANY ONE

not named amare and felton for this guy

FELTON AND AMARE ARE THE CHEMISTRY

stop saying if we give this or that up we will lose chemistry because at the end of games

its FELTON AND AMARE Who win the games

you add MELO

you can piece together whom ever in terms of chandler, gallo, douglas

the fact of the matter is

we need MELO to win a title.
amen!

cant we keep everyone plus melo. i mean keep Will we can go over the cap for him and curry coming off is melo's money isn't that the plan

iSaYughh

Starter
Harper,

Would you rather plug Melo into our roster;

or M.Gasol, Glen Davis, and re-sign Chandler, plus have a ton of tradable assets for more maneuvering.

Can Melo fill as a 2 spot? Can STAT keep playing C without a quality starting-caliber bigman to pair alongside him? Will we regret the loss of Chandler's versatility and play alongside Gallo? And are we going to hamper the flow and chemistry we are developing between our top players and budding stars?

Maybe you right. And if we finish the season bad and this stretch and our development is a facade, and the chemistry and flow and unity is just a mirage. But right now it looks like fact.

And if we continue the season playing similiar or better than this, the above ?'s are dealbreakers. When we can take what we have, like, and know to be good and getting better, and add and keep essential pieces that will only make us more lethal.

Has Carmelo ever played alonside another true scorer, let alone a dominant scorer? (like STAT).

This isn't Wade-Lebron in terms of clashing styles of game and skill-sets thatll blunt their respective impacts and hurt overall chemistry; then again, Wade-Lebron are both great passers with an eye for distribution. STAT nor Melo are.

Harper,

Would you rather plug Melo into our roster;

or M.Gasol, Glen Davis, and re-sign Chandler, plus have a ton of tradable assets for more maneuvering.

(I WOULD RATHER HAVE MELO, MOZGOF, TURIAF, DOUGLAS and SHAWNE WILLIAMS, to go with FELTON, AMARE, GALLO )

Can Melo fill as a 2 spot? Can STAT keep playing C without a quality starting-caliber bigman to pair alongside him? Will we regret the loss of Chandler's versatility and play alongside Gallo? And are we going to hamper the flow and chemistry we are developing between our top players and budding stars?

( MELO IS OUR 2,3,4 in the MIKE D offense, he can catch and shoot, back you down in the post, curl off screens for mid range jumpers, and isolate on the wing down the stretch, he is a PROLIFIC scorer in this league for a reason)

Maybe you right. And if we finish the season bad and this stretch and our development is a facade, and the chemistry and flow and unity is just a mirage. But right now it looks like fact.

And if we continue the season playing similiar or better than this, the above ?'s are dealbreakers. When we can take what we have, like, and know to be good and getting better, and add and keep essential pieces that will only make us more lethal.

Has Carmelo ever played alonside another true scorer, let alone a dominant scorer? (like STAT).

( HIM AND IVERSON SCORED 25 plus in the same season)

This isn't Wade-Lebron in terms of clashing styles of game and skill-sets thatll blunt their respective impacts and hurt overall chemistry; then again, Wade-Lebron are both great passers with an eye for distribution. STAT nor Melo are.

( MELO, FELTON, AMARE , are as good a 3 as you will find in the league, and in this offense god only knows what they could do together )

Toons

is the Bo$$
Yeah honestly I think Felton could be a starting PG on a championship team because of his defense and his hustle.

PG - Felton
SG - Fields
SF - Carmelo
PF - Amar'e
C - Marc Gasol

Bench:
Toney Douglas
O.J. Mayo
Wilson Chandler
Danilo Gallinari

Which one of you guys wouldn't jizz your pants if you had that lineup?

this is my lineup! cant stop this shit right hurrr