The Official "MeloDrama" Thread Feb 18th - Feb 24th

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Why are you hating him? It's Denver FO trying to rape us.

I've clearly put out there how I feel about Denvers FO. But dude, Melo is in the center of all of this drama. Is he not the one asking for something concrete on the table before the weekends out?? Smh.. He needs to keep his f*cking mouth shut.

la2ny

Starter
I'm officially giving up on Melo. I wanted him more than anything, but if these reports are true that they want fields now to then i'm done. If he really wants to come here let him become a free agent and come on the offseason, if not then I guess it wasn't meant to be.

Felton, Galo, Chandler, Fields, 1st Round, Curry is just too much for me to give up for Melo. Sorry Melo but if your angry you should be angry at Denver for not wanting to trade you to where you want to go, not the Knicks for making a reasonable offer.
Of course, but you have to remember Denver still believes they have time so of course they are going to try and bargain, but honestly what can they do? If Melo doesn't sign the extension with Jersey and they believe he's pretty much gone if they keep him then what can they do?? Just hold on jeez lol. You guys are going crazy because , I guess some of you figured that it would happen tonight or something.

Also i've seen on Isola,Spears, and Woj twitters has said nothing about adding Landry.

Hayato

Benchwarmer
plus another good thing is that its not like we're adding a SG and a SF..we're adding a PG and SF..meaning billups and melo have chemistry passing/receiving the ball from eachother

Dario8676

Benchwarmer
I'm just curious Hayoto because i'm for that deal also, but if they ask for fields also is that a deal breaker for you because it is for me.

Ewing

Benchwarmer
The thing is that everybody (except Denver) wins if he signs as FA.
If he comes now, the team will not be that good and won't contend for the title this season, so why the rush? If he wants to be a Knick that bad, HE CAN wait till the summer!
Barkley is so damn right, why to lose our good young players for him when we can get him for "free" in 5 months?

la2ny

Starter
I've clearly put out there how I feel about Denvers FO. But dude, Melo is in the center of all of this drama. Is he not the one asking for something concrete on the table before the weekends out?? Smh.. He needs to keep his f*cking mouth shut.
Thats his way of trying to force Denvers' hand to put him in a Knick uni before our next game. He's there with Stat now and is probably laughing it up with him talking about how to run a pick and roll with him. I wouldn't want to fly back to Kenyon Martin and Nene in Denver either....

Madhatter9382

Benchwarmer
Melo has hinted he would think about signing the extension with the nuggets if they don't trade him, might not be worth the risk of trading him

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Of course, but you have to remember Denver still believes they have time so of course they are going to try and bargain, but honestly what can they do? If Melo doesn't sign the extension with Jersey and they believe he's pretty much gone if they keep him then what can they do?? Just hold on jeez lol. You guys are going crazy because , I guess some of you figured that it would happen tonight or something.

Also i've seen on Isola,Spears, and Woj twitters has said nothing about adding Landry.

Nobody thought anything was going down tnite.. I'm simply livid at the possibility of losing all three of our home grown wing playerz along w cappy.. It just better not happen. Thas all..

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Carmelo just reiterated during the rookie game that he's not meeting with NJ. He also hinted that if a trade is not in the works by the end of the weekend that he might open up his options...at least that's what I took out of it. He looked tired of the questions. Hopefully Denver accepts our offer and we can get this crap over already. :gony:

Craig Sager kind of exposed Melo as the greedy jackass that he is. He's complaining about all the questions and drama, but Melo brought all of this on himself, because of his greed. He could have ended this a long time ago and said he is going to play the season out and test free agency.

Melo knew the best chance to win a championship would have been to sign with the Knicks in the summer. He chose his money over the Knicks.

All I have to say is there better still be a MLE with the new CBA, or else Melo screwed us all so he could get an extra $15 mil (even though he's made over $100 mil). If there is no MLE, Melo becomes public enemy #1 for me.

Dario8676

Benchwarmer
Nobody thought anything was going down tnite.. I'm simply livid at the possibility of losing all three of our home grown wing playerz along w cappy.. It just better not happen. Thas all..

I agree 100 percent... And you hear all these talks from idiots like Stephen A Smith saying that if the Knicks don't get Melo now that he is personally gonna call for peoples heads in the Knicks FO!!!! The Hell with that, I say if the Knicks throw in Landry Fields to that deal, then everyone should be freaking fired!

Hayato

Benchwarmer
I agree 100 percent... And you hear all these talks from idiots like Stephen A Smith saying that if the Knicks don't get Melo now that he is personally gonna call for peoples heads in the Knicks FO!!!! The Hell with that, I say if the Knicks throw in Landry Fields to that deal, then everyone should be freaking fired!

stars first, role players second.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Thats his way of trying to force Denvers' hand to put him in a Knick uni before our next game. He's there with Stat now and is probably laughing it up with him talking about how to run a pick and roll with him. I wouldn't want to fly back to Kenyon Martin and Nene in Denver either....

Yes and thas exactly what he needs to cease and desist w immediately. SHUT YOUR DUMB-ASS MOUTH CARMELO!! The quicker this thing moves the less leverage we have IMO. Not good.

la2ny

Starter
The thing is that everybody (except Denver) wins if he signs as FA.
If he comes now, the team will not be that good and won't contend for the title this season, so why the rush? If he wants to be a Knick that bad, HE CAN wait till the summer!
Barkley is so damn right, why to lose our good young players for him when we can get him for "free" in 5 months?
The reason had been stated many times already. The same guys getting traded aren't going to be here for the long term. Wilson is gone whether we like it or not. If we sign him he's definetly gone. Gallo and Felt will have to be gone in 2012 for a 3rd star(Williams,Paul) but even if we didn't they can be replaced.

Guys quit looking at this for this season. Were ****ed either way. We aren't in the top 4 period point blank ok. So thats is not going to change whether he's here or not. What it does do is give us a better chance at putting up a fight in the first round and getting him and Amare together and moving on. This is about next season and on.

Dario8676

Benchwarmer
stars first, role players second.

I agree, but at what cost?? Depleting the entire starting lineup and 6th man. Why don't we just include Turiaf, Walker, Douglas, Aza, Moz too. Hell trade the NY cheerleaders too. At some point you have to step up and say enough is enough. I hate Barkley but he made some good points. This is getting ridiculous

la2ny

Starter
All I have to say is there better still be a MLE with the new CBA, or else Melo screwed us all so he could get an extra $15 mil (even though he's made over $100 mil). If there is no MLE, Melo becomes public enemy #1 for me.
We haven't even made a deal yet and you already wanna give him the JFK treatment lol.

Madhatter9382

Benchwarmer
isola's most current tweet:

"Also hearing Carmelo could meet with Nets officials on Saturday while Knicks are mulling a deal. This could actually be over by Sunday
less than 5 seconds ago via web"