The Official "MeloDrama" Thread Feb 18th - Feb 24th

vrgadin

Benchwarmer
Nets owner Mikhail Prokhorov, who attended the meeting, admitted in an interview Sunday with CNBC's Darren Rovell that he decided to get back into negotiations with Denver just to keep pressure on the Knicks.

wait a minute......wtf? this guy is the biggest piece of classless trash iv ever seen, who let this filth own a team?

keyser soze

Benchwarmer
Nets owner Mikhail Prokhorov, who attended the meeting, admitted in an interview Sunday with CNBC's Darren Rovell that he decided to get back into negotiations with Denver just to keep pressure on the Knicks.

wait a minute......wtf? this guy is the biggest piece of classless trash iv ever seen, who let this filth own a team?

The guy is a clown who has demonstrated an alarming lack of integrity. I mean, how many times has this slimy ****face blatantly LIED to the national media in the past month?

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud

Your saying that from a Knicks fans perspective. From an NBA fan's perspective, I gotta say that is pretty smart. We are in their division, it's not like he wants us to do good. If he could be the reason we lost Felton or Gallo when we didn't have to, that is a good move by him. Of course I dislike it, but it's a smart move on his part.

KnickfanaticinGA

Benchwarmer
Your saying that from a Knicks fans perspective. From an NBA fan's perspective, I gotta say that is pretty smart. We are in their division, it's not like he wants us to do good. If he could be the reason we lost Felton or Gallo when we didn't have to, that is a good move by him. Of course I dislike it, but it's a smart move on his part.

I have to disagree here. Even from an NBA fan's perspective this in classless and from a business perspective pretty shady...kind of like a planning a hostile corp takeover....I know it happens; it's more than likely legal, but it's still a shady business practice.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
It might be "shady" but it's no different from when the Red Sox and the Yankees get into a bidding war about a player.

Even if the Red Sox don't really need a player they'll still make a phone call to try and drive up the price (like they did to Mariano Rivera in the off-season).

It's part of the game and we just have to play by the rules. Call the Nets' bluff, and take Gallinari out and put Mozgov in instead.

tiger0330

Legend
Probably not going to happen but I would like to see the Knicks pull a Denver maneuver and pull the 1st rounder if Denver wants Moz. Denver has gotten away with way too much in these negotiations.

Billups is really a key in this trade, if he demands a buyout he sinks this deal, make no mistake Melo does not come cheap even with Billups but without him the Knicks will not make the playoffs.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Honestly, I still don't see where Denver's leverage is.

There's no reason a superstar who is going to be a FA in the off-season should be traded for anything more than a consolation prize. We got AR, an injured Azubuike, and a roleplayer in Turiaf for David Lee.

I don't even want Billups in this deal. I'd rather just trade Mozgov, Chandler, Curry and a first rounder for Carmelo straight up. I don't know why Denver's so intent on including Billups when he has a team option for next year (and Felton doesn't) AND when he's made it clear that he wants to stay in Denver for the long-term

p0nder

Starter
I have to disagree here. Even from an NBA fan's perspective this in classless and from a business perspective pretty shady...kind of like a planning a hostile corp takeover....I know it happens; it's more than likely legal, but it's still a shady business practice.

While it's slimy it's legal and smart. Smart business owners keep an eye on their competition and put the pressure on them whenever possible. It's just smart business to do so and if he wasn't watching the knicks every move while playing in our backyard, he would be an idiot.

I seriously think this guy will be a thorn in our side for a long time to come. he will spend money and make shrewd business moves to put his team in a position to win. I would honestly much rather have him as an owner then James "give Isiah a job" dolan.

Hayato

Benchwarmer
cmon you pussies you dont need to give up moz...so much for makin the nuggets think you were serious about your "final offer"..here's to turiaf :boohoo:

I official hate Denver for how they handled this whole situation.They blew this whole thing out of proportion and is causing a huge scene.Also if Melo goes to the Nets i think he will be hated by Knick fans the same way Lebron is hated in Cleveland.

[Denver Post said:
The Nuggets and Knicks are working on the final details of a deal that would send Carmelo Anthony to New York, according to the Denver Post.

The paper cites league sources in saying the latest proposal would send Anthony, Chauncey Billups, Shelden Williams and either Anthony CarterRenaldo Balkman to the Knicks in return for Raymond Felton, Wilson Chandler, Danilo Gallinari, Timofey Mozgov and Eddy Curry. or

The Nuggets have also been in talks with the Nets, but the Post says Anthony going to New Jersey is less likely because Anthony hasn’t said he would sign a contract extension with the Nets. He has indicated he would sign an extension with the Knicks.
I know its a shame that we're losing mosgov but we were going to sign Barron anyways and we can probably sign a legit center in the summer.

p0nder

Starter
i'm hating on dolan and IThomas for making this more difficult then it needs to be. We should be giving them ECurry and Mozgov for melo straight up. we were in prime position to fleece these guys and then dolan and thomas have to come in a **** it all up.

Toons

is the Bo$$
"The Nuggets appear to be closing in on a deal to trade star forward Carmelo Anthony to the New York Knicks.

The teams talked through the weekend and are working out the final details of what would be a blockbuster trade. NBA commissioner David Stern did not want a major trade announced on the day of the All-Star Game.
While final details were still being negotiated, the latest trade offer includes New York sending guard Raymond Felton, forwards Wilson Chand-ler and Danilo Gallinari, centers Timofey Mozgov and Eddy Curry and a first-round draft pick to the Nuggets for Anthony, Chauncey Billups, Shelden Williams and Anthony Carter or Renaldo Balkman, according to NBA sources.
"I said I hoped to have a word by today, one way or another," Anthony said Sunday after the All-Star Game at the Staples Center. "I've been up early dealing with this and all the festivities, but the night is still young on this side (of the country)."

LJ4ptplay

Starter
We got played. Played by Denver. Played by the Nets. And Played by Melo.

We need to tell them to f*ck off. Drop the deal before it's too late. It's not the end of the world if we don't get Melo. We weren't going to win a championship with Melo anyways. At least we still have our dignity and integrity. Let that greedy piece of sh*t rot in NJ if he wants. Seriously. We are a 6th seed 1st round exit now, and we would still be a 6th seed 1st round exit with Melo. Time to move on.

Trade Randolph for OJ Mayo. Buyout Curry and Buike. Sign Earl Barron, maybe TJ Ford too. We go to battle with that. Go after Melo in the summer if he's available. If not, go after Deron Williams and Nene. We can still build a contender without Melo.

Toons

is the Bo$$
i dont mind chandler and gallo because we get to keep fields. I dont mind mozgov, because i think were gonna sign barron the same day with the roster opening. felton and mozgov leaving will hurt the most IMO, because we need a centre and a pg. Billups can run the point, resigning balkman is a must for his defense and energy. He and turiaf will be glue guys.

Billups
Fields
Melo
Stat
Turiaf

in this trade, do we save money? or lose money?

Toons

is the Bo$$
We got played. Played by Denver. Played by the Nets. And Played by Melo.

We need to tell them to f*ck off. Drop the deal before it's too late. It's not the end of the world if we don't get Melo. We weren't going to win a championship with Melo anyways. At least we still have our dignity and integrity. Let that greedy piece of sh*t rot in NJ if he wants. Seriously. We are a 6th seed 1st round exit now, and we would still be a 6th seed 1st round exit with Melo. Time to move on.

Trade Randolph for OJ Mayo. Buyout Curry and Buike. Sign Earl Barron, maybe TJ Ford too. We go to battle with that. Go after Melo in the summer if he's available. If not, go after Deron Williams and Nene. We can still build a contender without Melo.

why hate on melo because he wants the same max salary everyone he got drafted with has. Melo is worth a max salary. He deserves it. Waiting was never an option, Melo wanted a deal done by deadline. Look, chandler and gallo both play sf, with an exception to chandler that plays multiple positions. I think we aer a better team with stat and melo.

If you all had a choice of stat and melo, or stat and felton to build around, what would you do?