Knicks claim Derrick Brown

Who is Derrick Brown?

@AlanHahn Knicks claim F Derrick Brown off waivers from CHA. D'Antoni likes his talent, Felton highly recommended. #fb
2 minutes ago

mafra

Legend
GREAT! Another SG/SF.

Is this really better than Brewer?

Shoots 30% from downtown for his career. Drafted in the 2nd round of '09. Doubt he even plays much.

Can he play backup PG, or defend the post?

He's young, 24 years old.

Donnies had alot of good discoveries as of late with Fields, Douglas, Williams, Walker, and Mozgov.

Who knows? This kid could end up being like another Starks. Who knows? He seems talented and athletic.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee

Donnies had alot of good discoveries as of late with Fields, Douglas, Williams, Walker, and Mozgov.

Who knows? This kid could end up being like another Starks. Who knows? He seems talented and athletic.
Nice and optimistic, but how is he more necessary than Murphy, Barron or even Sheldon Williams when we have Balkman, Walker, Fields, Melo, Shawne Williams that can or do play the 3?

Out of those players: Williams, Melo and Balkman can play the 4 secondary to Amar'e anyway.

What the ****?

moneyg

Starter
Crazy⑧s;163074 said:
Nice and optimistic, but how is he more necessary than Murphy, Barron or even Sheldon Williams when we have Balkman, Walker, Fields, Melo, Shawne Williams that can or do play the 3?

Out of those players: Williams, Melo and Balkman can play the 4 secondary to Amar'e anyway.

What the ****?

he a 3 in your eyes.....however....o'antoni plan to play him at the 4 or 5...SMH

moneyg

Starter

posted on nbadraft.net...

NBA Comparison: Derrick McKey
Strengths: At a lanky 6-8, he has great size for the SF position ? Has transferred his game effectively to the perimeter ? Very explosive leaper ? A southpaw, which gives him an unorthodox offensive game ? Smooth release on his jumpshot; he has improved his accuracy and consistency drastically ? Has extremely long strides that allow him to cover space with his first step as well as with his spin moves ? His jab and shot fake are his go to moves and are very effective, forcing the defenders to back off ? He is a crafty finisher around the hoop using his wingspan to make tough shots ? From time to time he shows some nice hesitation and crossover moves that he uses off the dribble ? Has the versatility to back people down in the post where he can use his length to finish ? A very team oriented player, he looks to work within the offense to get his scoring opportunities ? Has the ability to block shots thanks to his long arms ?

Weaknesses: He has come a long way, but still lacks a specific go-to aspect to his game ? A bit passive, does not look to take over and defers to teammates far too often ? His first step is limited and his handles are a work in progress, which makes it difficult for him to get by people off the dribble ? Nice leaping ability is somewhat wasted in the half court because he rarely gets his shoulders fully by the defender ? Lacks upper body strength to play through contact ? His release is fairly slow allowing defenders to close out on him, making open shots far more difficult ? He is much more consistent shooting with his feet set ? His pullup jumper is all over the place, at times he converts on difficult attempts, but very often he has bad misses ? Does not create many opportunities for his teammates ? His back to the basket game becomes predictable as he continuously turns to his right shoulder and shoots a fading jumper ? Defensively, he lacks the lateral quickness to stay infront of perimeter players, and his body is not yet strong enough to let him guard PFs ?

Crazy⑧s;163074 said:

What the ****?
To that I say why draft Landry Fields over Solomon Alabi, Tiny Gallon, and Lance Stephenson?

Trust Donnie.

portega1968

El Cacique
I don't understand this signing.

What I do see is that his season-high 12 points came against the Knicks back in November, so I assume D'Antoni saw something then that he liked.

Maybe DAntoni thinking of another body to guard Lebron and Pierce.

But, the guy seems very similar to Corey Brewer with less offense, and what chance, if any, he has of getting into the rotation.

This may be a favor being called... who are his friends, who's his agent?

portega1968

El Cacique
I don't understand this signing.

What I do see is that his season-high 12 points came against the Knicks back in November, so I assume D'Antoni saw something then that he liked.

Maybe DAntoni thinking of another body to guard Lebron and Pierce.

But, the guy seems very similar to Corey Brewer with less offense, and what chance, if any, he has of getting into the rotation.

This may be a favor being called... who are his friends, who's his agent?

His agent is Dan Fegan (read Dwight Howard and Ricky Rubio)

KingofNy

Starter
What a joke signing. We release proven talent for a guy that couldn't even manage more than 10 minutes a game on a garbage Charlotte Bobcats team. D'Antoni sucks. I was sure that we would end up getting Powe when Boston signed Troy Murphy. Now we waste a great sixth man for a damn project player that couldn't even perform on the lowly Bobcats. Give me a break.

p0nder

Starter
you know, i suspect more back-room things get done then we ever know about. discussions and trades don't generally get done through the media ala. Carmelo deal.

so maybe this is part of something larger or a favor for someone or something. you'd be surprized how many "old boys" deals get done in sports.

welcometonycity

Rotation player
I don't get this signing! Who did we lose? Why is Barron not on the squad yet b????? Why da f*ck can't we pick up a bigman.