13 Days And Counting..........Knicks @ Nets December 17 2:00pm - Preseason G1

Sage

Rotation player
Fields looked really comfortable out there towards the end of the second half. You already know who doesn't look comfortable, Toney Douglas. Shumpurt is gonna get his spot real soon I think.

Oh boy, Toney looking like a D-League player!

I don't wanna push the panic button, but with THAT backcourt of Douglas/Fields we're going NOWHERE.....it's still a 5 man game, great frontcourt or not.

We need a legit point guard......

Shumpert looked great though, I predict him to be our starting SG by February!

But come on management - get us a true PG, Toney is a second option, nothing more and Bibby is too old to start. His Sactown days are long gone.

nyk_nyk

All Star
I know it's only the first preseason game but I'm seeing the same tendencies from Toney that I did last season. Not getting in the paint, stopping his dribble, problems reading the defense. I hope he gets better fast but I don't feel good about it.

agreed. he doesn't possess those kinds of skills. hes a scorer

wouldn't mind if we started Bibby and Shumpert 1 & 2
Definitely, I feel like Fields is more of a 6th man and TD as our starting PG is just not going to cut it. He's more of a scoring punch off the bench, sort of like how Barea played for the Mavs. I hope I'm wrong though.

FameMos

Benchwarmer
Shumpert
Fields
Melo
STAT
Chandler

this should be our starting 5. if we get BDiddy start him at the 1 and have Shumpert be the 1st guy off the bench.

TD is not a starting PG in the NBA, he's a tweener who would be better off at SG

smokes

Huge Member
I wouldn't mind Douglas starting if we were to run things through Melo. I noticed on the first couple of plays they gave the ball straight to Melo but the team didn't look comfortable playing through him.

We obviously need to sure up the backcourt and with Baron's injury magically reducing to 3 weeks I'd be well up for that. Preferably on a minimum because we really need that "MLE" to keep Jefferies on the bench.

Kiyaman

Legend
Landry have to stop putting pressure on himself....his hustle is still there.
Jorts-Jorts & Shump-Shump skill-set.....is definately making the rotation (NBA Ready)
The Amare to Melo dunk I want to see more of....Great teamwork.
Chandler -vs- Lopez..... are two great bigman to watch in the first preseason game.
Still evaluatin TD & Bibby....team floorship
It aint sayin much but.... Balkman is still much better player than Jefferies

The Nets have a real decent guard rotation in Deron, Farmers, Morrow....
so Im givin TD/Bibby some slack

nyk_nyk

All Star
Shumpert
Fields
Melo
STAT
Chandler

this should be our starting 5. if we get BDiddy start him at the 1 and have Shumpert be the 1st guy off the bench.

TD is not a starting PG in the NBA, he's a tweener who would be better off at SG

I like this lineup.

Kiyaman

Legend
Shumpert
Fields
Melo
STAT
Chandler

Shump & Bibby comin off the bench....is a great move for both players when the season starts.