Game Thread - Knicks vs Cavs - October 25, 2016

tiger0330

Legend
Two consecutive 3s by KP and then a dazzling scoop layup by Kyrie off a dead ball. Cavs up 82-64 end of the 3rd, Knicks need to come out strong in the 4th. I'd sit CLee the rest of the game, guy has done zip.

tiger0330

Legend
Horn has a DRose/Jennings in there trying to get more offense, not sure that's going to work with Jennings shooting less than 30% since the preseason and no buckets tonight.

tiger0330

Legend
If you were looking at this game as a measure of how good the Knicks are you have to be disappointed. Blowout in CLE. Knicks came up short on both sides of the ball, allowing 117 pts to the Cavs and shooting an awful 36% from the floor. Zero points between Noah and CLee and Jennings shooting 1-7 were disappointing.

KNICKSTAPE NATION

Benchwarmer
If you were looking at this game as a measure of how good the Knicks are you have to be disappointed. Blowout in CLE. Knicks came up short on both sides of the ball, allowing 117 pts to the Cavs and shooting an awful 36% from the floor. Zero points between Noah and CLee and Jennings shooting 1-7 were disappointing.

Yea those 3 were :barf:

The Dragon

Benchwarmer
Could've been better, however those were the champions, Lebron and kyrie were unstoppable..... our defense looked awful, many people were left alone shooting open threes......... but you could notice that we have a lot of talent on the team.... i guess there is no way but up from here....

and1

Rotation player
^ yeah I have to pretty much agree with that. we were playing against a team that had already established chemistry for an entire season, AND won a championship with that chemistry.
AND the starting line-up had 2 years of chemistry. there is no way I'm using this game as an indicator for what to expect. I didn't think we'd get blown out, but I wasn't really very
confident that we were going to win either.
I'm glad Kuz looked comfortable out there. Holiday looked good too. I get the feeling he's going to be seeing a lot of minutes in the next bunch of games. Hopefully he makes the most of
them. And I'm glad that Coach acknowledged those annoying as hell soft ass passes as a big cause for a lot of the turnovers. They drove me crazy last year and I really don't want to see much
more of them.
how do people here feel about KP playing the 5? That seems to be a very popular feeling among my fellow Knicks fans. personally I'm not sure how I feel about it.

tiger0330

Legend
Yea those 3 were :barf:
You don't win too many games when 2 of your starters don't score. If they keep it up teams are going to overload on Melo, DRose and KP.

Jennings has shot like crap all preseason, I'm disappointed in his first real game with the Knicks particularly since he played most of the preseason minutes at PG with DRose at his trial.

tiger0330

Legend
^ yeah I have to pretty much agree with that. we were playing against a team that had already established chemistry for an entire season, AND won a championship with that chemistry.
AND the starting line-up had 2 years of chemistry. there is no way I'm using this game as an indicator for what to expect. I didn't think we'd get blown out, but I wasn't really very
confident that we were going to win either.
I'm glad Kuz looked comfortable out there. Holiday looked good too. I get the feeling he's going to be seeing a lot of minutes in the next bunch of games. Hopefully he makes the most of
them. And I'm glad that Coach acknowledged those annoying as hell soft ass passes as a big cause for a lot of the turnovers. They drove me crazy last year and I really don't want to see much
more of them.
how do people here feel about KP playing the 5? That seems to be a very popular feeling among my fellow Knicks fans. personally I'm not sure how I feel about it.
What do you do with Noah? KP is one of the best 3pt shooters on the team, I don't see Horn making him a 5 esp with Noah on the floor. I was in favor of developing KP's post skills during the off-season but they didn't do that, looks to me that he's going to be a 7ft wing for the Knicks for the forseeable future.

tiger0330

Legend
Spurs blow out the Warriors on their home floor. You're going to hear this a lot from Warriors and Knicks fans tomorrow, IT'S ONLY ONE GAME.

Kiyaman

Legend
Not going to lie, even though we are still losing, I'm impressed with that 2nd quarter effort from our completely not meshed squad. Lebron is a monster as always though. 12 points, 7 boards, and 7 assists at the half.

The Knicks new headcoach Horn got off to a 29 pt embarrassing blowout loss to start the regular season 117-88
The Knicks record are 0-1

I too, were impressed with the talent showed in the 2nd quarter .. i was not impressed with the POOR coaching, and poor substituting showed by our new headcoach Horn the first 3 quarters of the game. The offense were to slow and our ball movement were not effective to score inside or outside, plus Lebron King James tripple-double made mockery of our poor effort on defense.
I guess us having a new headcoach plus 10 new players on the roster, maybe we need some more time to get on the same-page with each other .. i just hope all the new players n coaches know last year this time the Dolan Knicks started the 2015-16 season having 9 new players on the roster, plus we had 3 headcoaches in the past 5 seasons.

Kiyaman

Legend
Spurs blow out the Warriors on their home floor. You're going to hear this a lot from Warriors and Knicks fans tomorrow, IT'S ONLY ONE GAME.

The Spurs SG-Jonathon Simmons relentless hustle stole the game from the Warriors in the first quarter .. MVP

mafra

Legend
Couldn't agree more with Kiyman.... Nothing is more aggravating then when a
Coach blindly adheres to his strict, regimented, pre-planned sub pattern....

Melo was red Hot in the first quarter and just as he starts to sizzle (12 points) he takes Melo out. How many times do you see this? Tell the team to keep feeding him and when he clanks or faces a couple, then yank him.

So, Of course, the new HC lulls Melo (and Anthony ends up with 7 points the rest of the night).

Hornachek wanted to play 11
Men the first quarter, and everyone forced a shot their first touch.

It was a miracle it was a 3 point game at the half. With the 12 first half turnovers combined with allowing almost 10 OFF rebounds.... It was only a game CLE was like 4-21 from downtown at that point.

Starting in the third those 3s began to fall, we continued to play sloppy and disjointed and within minutes of the third I simply fast forwardedmy he second half bc it clearly was a glorified Scrimmage.

Melo was solid in the first half. He was great in the first quarter. I felt Noah was pretty good early in too. Noah is clearly still Nursing an injury and not in game shape. But, at least he looked like he could give us most of what Lopez gave us on defense and the glass last year.

I'm not concerned with Noah's lack of offense.... That wasn't the problem.... Lee and BJ were awful.... They were beyond awful. We need our SG and our 6th man to be the offensive compliment to Melo, Rose, & KP.

Lance Thomas and most of the bench looked rusty too.

The good news is we have a PG who is ten times better than what we've had recently. He may be selfish and never pass, and we probably have 2 ball hogs.... But knowing we should be able to get 15 a night from the PG, and that he can break a defense down.... That helps.

KP is still a work in progress but should be fine as the third option.

Holliday may be something.

The defense and ball movent was atrocious. Nobody looked ready to play.

But.... Hey.... We looked like a team making their first start with one another facing a team that has been thru the war together.

I'm going to dwell on the start we had and the finish in the second quarter. There was enough there to hope we might win 40-45 games.

paris401

Starter
and this my friends is your 2016-17 ny knicks.... got my popcorn ready next to my 'lazy-boy' for a 32win season...