8th Pick .. 6.5 PG Frank Ntikilina aka Frank Nitty

I prefer to see RB, FN, or even Burke over Sessions and Lee. Don't want these vets giving us a few extra meaningless wins.

I understand we hope to trade them, but I would argue that getting a second round pick isn't worth it if it costs us 3-5 spots in the lottery.

The only goal of this year is to get kids work, have them show growth, and procur a top 5 pick.

I don?t see Lee and Sessions getting us any wins. If you are already prepared to root for losses (which I am not), it?s really only KP and THJ who can have games where they hit shots and win us a couple games we otherwise would have lost.

mafra

Legend
I'm seriously not actively rooting for Ls and for this team to lose games while they are happening. I just see the long-term value of momentary failures.

Kiyaman

Legend
I don’t see Lee and Sessions getting us any wins. If you are already prepared to root for losses (which I am not), it’s really only KP and THJ who can have games where they hit shots and win us a couple games we otherwise would have lost.

DEFENSE wins games not points !!!

mafra

Legend
Ntikilina looked pretty good last night. The kid can pass and defend and he seems to have court vision and bball intelligence. Plus, he looks like he can become a scorer with age and experience.

tiger0330

Legend
Ntikilina looked pretty good last night. The kid can pass and defend and he seems to have court vision and bball intelligence. Plus, he looks like he can become a scorer with age and experience.
Only thing I haven't seen is an ability to break down a defense, he's not flashy or an uber athlete like DSJ but that may be a good thing that he doesn't have the ability to try to rise up over a Draymond Green. Worries me about DSJ that when he comes down from one of those highlight dunks he suffers an injury.

Only thing I haven't seen is an ability to break down a defense, he's not flashy or an uber athlete like DSJ but that may be a good thing that he doesn't have the ability to try to rise up over a Draymond Green. Worries me about DSJ that when he comes down from one of those highlight dunks he suffers an injury.

Draymond Green said that he will never let DSJ complete a dunk over him. Ever. Not in his entire career. Inevitably, this is going to lead to Green breaking DSJ in half on a dunk attempt.

mafra

Legend
He's smooth and long and athletic enough. I saw one penetration where you got to the basket.... he just missed the floater.

Anyway, his mind is a step or 2 ahead... A Rondo-Kidd type of PG.

He's a facilitator. A real PG. He's the ideal PG for KP. Pick and Roll between these 2 should be a thing of beauty for years to come.

Kiyaman

Legend

The majority of PG that are good at breaking down a defense today are shoot-first PG or to much dribbling PG .. I'm glad Frank Nitty has more of a team-ball style where his best performance on offense are improving teammates scoring.
Frank having a Jason Kidd/Chauncey Billups concept of B.ball as a PG are the reason i believe Dallas coach Rick Calilse wanted Frank Ntilikina Nitty out of the 2017 draft class.

I consider yesterday nervous performance from Frank to be his first performance vs NBA opponents .. Frank showed to have a great 2-way IQ with n without the ball, plus knowing how to use his length on the court as a threat to opponents had me thinking the Knicks finally draft a WINNER!
It would be very hard for Jeff Horn to tank games having Frank at the point, Mcderm at SF, and Quinn in the paint for 24 min a night off the bench. Quinn n Mcderm are the two teammates i would develop a rookie Frank in a lineup.
I'm scared of Tank-Tank Jeff putting Frank in so many different lineup in one game, then different lineups from the previous game, then expect good results. Plus when we play all-star tandem guards like Lowry/Derozan, or Wall/Beal, or CP3/Harden i would expect our coach to tandem Frank in the backcourt with Jack or Session for better development experience.

mafra

Legend
Frank made all the passes yesterday.... how about that alley-oops to MB!

Check out the highlights here:

https://www.postingandtoasting.com/...107-nets-86-scenes-from-the-french-revolution

I'm not saying this kid is better than Lonzo Ball.... but after what we saw last night.... we should all be relieved that we got ourselves a legit lottery prospect.

If this kid can run an offense now.... imagine him at 22.

A PG who makes life easier for the other 4 guys.... who hands out east buckets and dunks... who plays defense and fights on that side of the floor, with vision and bball intelligence. I'm excited. I'm relieved. It's only 1 game.... but he looks like the type of player you can't take your eyes off of.

KP and FN!!!! And, to imagine this, if these 2 are the cornerstone pieces.... our Duncan and Parker.... and if WHG is a 10 year Knick and contributor and we land another stud in lottery this draft. Well, PJax's rep as exec would transform from unmitigated disaster to well, dare I say it... give him credit?

Last edited:

tiger0330

Legend
http://nypost.com/2017/10/28/lebron-has-an-inside-source-on-knicks-rookie-frank-ntilikina/

Ntikilina played with Romeo Travis last season in France. Travis played HS ball with Lebron James.

Not sure this is high praise for the kid. He may not score a lot or even get you a lot of assists but if he translates what he has to winning that's all that matters.

He can score but he?s not going to score a lot,?? Travis said. ?He?s just a guy who?s going to make a team better and that?s what he did for us. He may not even get a bunch of assists, but the swing, swing, hockey assist and make the right play.??

Last edited: