Game Thread: Boston Celtics at New York Knicks - 5/16/21 1PM [Game #72]

tiger0330

Legend
Real weak 1st quarter effort. Playing down to the competition is an understatement.

This is starting to looonlike that game when MIL sat their top 7 guys.

These reserves for BOS won’t hand us the victory. They would love nothing more than to steal this game.

If we let them hang around, as pressure mounts, well... all it takes is 4 awful EP minutes in the third and we are chasing these cats.

What I don't want to see is the score being 83-83 end of 3 and then seeing Tatum and Fournier asking Stevens to put them in the game because they want to get the W. Need to go on a big run to crush the Celts spirit.

What I don't want to see is the score being 83-83 end of 3 and then seeing Tatum and Fournier asking Stevens to put them in the game because they want to get the W. Need to go on a big run to crush the Celts spirit.

LOL. Tatum and Fournier are in street clothes. I don?t think they can do that.

Sleptwalked through a quarter and a half and then woke up late in the 2nd. Go into halftime with a 15 point lead. Need to come out of the half like a team about to secure home court advantage in the 1st round of the playoffs.

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Noel is a monster defender!

Strong effort on both ends in the final minutes of the 2nd

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
With everything on the line, it’s hard to fathom we just lost the first Q.

Can we please start Rose in playoffs.
Gonna be interesting to see what Rose does in the Playoffs. I wonder if those vintage glimpses we get like the one in the second quarter which he crossed up a Celtic and went the basket with that speed is gonna be something he's been saving to do a lot of for the Playoffs.

Kiyaman

Legend
Half-Time .. Knicks 54 - Boston 39

Whew! The last 4 min of the 2nd qtr. are the Thibs Knicks I know 19-4 run !!!
The first half looked scary with all the lead changes.

Simply must get Payton out of the game. He looks broken mentally out there. I feel bad for him at this point.

RJ bails us out with a deep 3 as the shot clock expires.