Game thread: New York Knicks @ Charlotte Hornets 11/12/2021 7:00pm [Game #13]

Broadway

All Star
I didn?t like this team last yr and nothing has changed this yr. We?re Mediocre

Thibs isn?t any more special or real difference maker than advertised?even I was slightly fooled

lol at Fizdale trying to convince us Knox was better than both Bridges based on some measily one-on-one drills?what a Fool what a Bust

Happy to see Obi make the improvements some of us saw in him last yr but again Thibs(smh). He treats him like a Toddler

The Kemba pickup was 3yrs late but I hope he settles in more quickly and give us the little left he has in that little body of his

Would like to see more Grimes but again Thibs(smh)

LaMelo is special, I knew he was going to be

I spend more of my time these days on Clubhouse having great conversations

2nd unit just seems to have better chemistry. Arguably 2nd unit also has guys with more complementary skill sets. This is going to be a theme going forward if starters keep falling behind and 2nd unit keeps being given the opportunity to spark comebacks. Thibs will have his hands full figuring out when to let 2nd unit finish games.

Thibs isn?t any more special or real difference maker than advertised?even I was slightly fooled

lol at Fizdale trying to convince us Knox was better than both Bridges based on some measily one-on-one drills?what a Fool what a Bust

Happy to see Obi make the improvements some of us saw in him last yr but again Thibs(smh). He treats him like he?s a Toddler

The Kemba pickup was 3yrs late but I hope he settles in more quickly and give us the little left he has in that little body of his

I spend more my time these days on Clubhouse having great conversations

I have no idea what Clubhouse is, but glad to see you posting on here with us losers now and again :)

Broadway

All Star
I have no idea what Clubhouse is, but glad to see you posting on here with us losers now and again :)

What?s cool about this place, I know for a fact there are a few good men here holding it down whether I?m here or not and it?s always been a welcoming place to return to

Clubhouse is a Drop In Audio App(Talking App) where individuals can host public or private Rooms to discuss whatever they want

There literally could be a Knicksonline Club over there hosting Live Game Night Rooms

There are other apps like it but with even more features such as Video and Live Chat?all free of charge just requires your time

Every now and then you get a surprise with relatively famous people sharing space with you in the same Rooms hosting/modding or adding value to the Room

tiger0330

Legend
Randle misses 3 consecutive FT down stretch. His shooting nowhere near last season. Evan F a disaster
Randle looked like crap. Couldn?t make anything incl those critical FTs down the stretch. Took tough contested shots like he usually does but they weren?t falling today. One play before the Knicks made it to half court, Kemba hands him the ball to bring it up. I see the idea behind him bringing it up after he snags the defensive rebound but why is our playmaking PG giving it to him to ignite the offense.

Thibs going to have to make changes. Maybe start Burks over EF is coming in the starting lineup.

tiger0330

Legend

Happy to see Obi make the improvements some of us saw in him last yr but again Thibs(smh). He treats him like a Toddler

I spend more of my time these days on Clubhouse having great conversations
Good seeing you back bro. Seems interactive social media sites are taking over and old school BBS sites are becoming dinosaurs, still like the BBS format like here and Clutchfans so I?m not going the chat room route.

Kiyaman

Legend
WOW! Outscored by 17 in the first 4 minutes of the 3rd qtr.
70-78 Hornets 1 min remain in 3rd qtr.
Randle 4-15 FG

Randle's game stat read 4-15, which it was at the end of the 3rd qtr. .. so Randle didn't take any FG shots in the 4th qtr. LMAO
Loved what Randle did last year .. but thought we should not have extended him until we saw if he was for real by showing it again this year .. Mismanagement still lives at MSG !!!

Kemba's a ball-hoogging dribble-dribble NUT .. after scoring 17 pts in the first quarter, one would think for the next 3 quarters PG-Kemba would be working on getting double-digit on Dimes. LaMelo Ball had 17 rebounds and 9 assists tonight !!!

Taking Toppin out in the 4th qtr., instead of letting the tandem of MitchRob & Toppin mesh in the paint to make the Hornets shoot from the perimeter the final 4 min of the game .. And as soon as Thibs put Randle back in the game Randle commit a offensive foul then a turnover .. Thibs really has lost it !!! .
Thibs think the starters need 20 games together, next he will be saying 30, then 40 SMH

And where was Barrett? I didn't notice RJ on offense nor defense tonite, yet he played 26 min ???

Broadway

All Star
Good seeing you back bro. Seems interactive social media sites are taking over and old school BBS sites are becoming dinosaurs, still like the BBS format like here and Clutchfans so I?m not going the chat room route.

I hear you, old school has a feel you can capture elsewhere although for someone like you, that?s where the chat comes into play as value

You wouldn?t ever have to speak or be on cam, just drop thoughts in the running chat log to be viewed vertically instead of having to page back or miss what was said

I think Speakeasy would be the ideal App for a group like KO. Diversifying socially also helps to see a different part of the world while providing free promo for sites

KO could open a space with link embedded to the Game Thread at the top of Room. It likely could increase traffic here. The loud fans and more demonstrative can be in the Room, while the quiet and reserved ones come over to KO

mafra

Legend
StatMuse
@statmuse
The Knicks starting five (Kemba/Fournier/Barrett/Randle/Robinson) have played the most minutes this season.

They are -78 in those minutes, the worst by any 5-man lineup.

That lineup currently has the worst defensive rating in NBA history.

The good news is our bench is the most efficient 5 in the NBA

metrocard

Legend
We need a change in the starting line up, but it has to be Fournier

PG - Walker
SG - Barrett
SF -
PF - Randle
C - Robinson

Rose
Quickley
Fournier
Toppin
Noel

Toppin has shown ability to play both ends, also make passes and drive to the basket.
His 3pt shot is lacking, but can potentially be a 35-37% 3pt shooter

We need a forward who can guard both ends.

Jerami Grant seems like the perfect addition for the Knicks.

Trade
Alec Burks
Kevin Knox
Luka Samanic
2022 1st round pick

for

Jerami Grant

PG - Walker
SG - Barrett
SF - Grant
PF - Randle
C - Robinson

Rose
Quickley
Fournier
Toppin
Noel

this will keep our spacing at the same time address our defensive woes because Jerami Grant one of the best defenders in the NBA. He was better in Denver when he didnt have to carry offensively. Grant drops 15 ppg in his sleep...wouldn't even take away shots from RJ or Randle because Grant plays off the ball and his ball handling passing has improved.

We need a change in the starting line up, but it has to be Fournier

PG - Walker
SG - Barrett
SF -
PF - Randle
C - Robinson

Rose
Quickley
Fournier
Toppin
Noel

Toppin has shown ability to play both ends, also mnuake passes and drive to the basket.
His 3pt shot is lacking, but can potentially be a 35-37% 3pt shooter

We need a forward who can guard both ends.

Jerami Grant seems like the perfect addition for the Knicks.

Trade
Alec Burks
Kevin Knox
Luka Samanic
2022 1st round pick

for

Jerami Grant

PG - Walker
SG - Barrett
SF - Grant
PF - Randle
C - Robinson

Rose
Quickley
Fournier
Toppin
Noel

this will keep our spacing at the same time address our defensive woes because Jerami Grant one of the best defenders in the NBA. He was better in Denver when he didnt have to carry offensively. Grant drops 15 ppg in his sleep...wouldn't even take away shots from RJ or Randle because Grant plays off the ball and his ball handling passing has improved.

If you trade Fournier then what about the other problems Walker, Etc? Don't you think that over paying for Grant?

You ever thought about a Seattle Supersonic moment with Slick Watts and co.? I think the coach was Wilkens.

Kiyaman

Legend
After sleeping on the Friday night Knicks game, I want to FIRE coach Thibs! Trade Randle! And give Leon Rose & Perry a two week notice.

Where do I sign UP at!!

But you are being generous to L. Rose and Perry.

Wouldn't trade Randle just yet but the whole team is gone except for Knox, Obi & Burks.

How about bring back Phil and pairing him with Magic Johnson? Now unless you got someone that is better!!

metrocard

Legend
If you trade Fournier then what about the other problems Walker, Etc? Don't you think that over paying for Grant?

You ever thought about a Seattle Supersonic moment with Slick Watts and co.? I think the coach was Wilkens.

Kemba Walker isn't a problem because we have him here for a discount. for 8 million, we have a PG who's shooting 43% from 3pt and averaging 1.4 turnovers per game with 1.2 steals per game. No he isn't a lockdown defender but when has he ever been. That's like developing frustration for Robinson not hitting 3's. There's not 5"11 PG that plays defense expect Fred Van Fleet and he gets burned alot too.

Having Walker on the floor makes the game easier for Robinson. Adding Grant addresses our defensive issues without stopping the offense. Grant doesnt't turn the ball over and would be in a better role like he was in Denver when they were in the WCF. Denver looked better with Grant than without him. Imagine having Grant as a 5th option. In Detroit he's #1 option because 80% of their team are rookies/2nd year players.