Game thread: New York Knicks vs Minnesota Timberwolves 1/18/2021 7:30pm [Game #44]

Cousins is done.
So is Gibson.
MRob doesn?t have a jumper or any other moves around the basket less along on the arc.
Cousins if healthy is certainly better than the two we currently playing.
I?m just suggesting a objection.
Maybe you got a better suggestion than mine.

So is Gibson.
MRob doesn?t have a jumper or any other moves around the basket less along on the arc.

Sure as hell could have used Cousins last night after MRob and Taj fouled out.

No. we didn?t. None of us have said RJ is KD and none of us have universally praised him since the moment he stepped on the court. Were you even on KOL when he was a rookie?

Is there even one positive comment about RJ from one of us in this game thread?

You?re projecting Facebook or something onto what the posters here say. You?re obsessed with RJ. I challenge you to find one time anyone on here said we?re going to win a championship with RJ.
Maybe you didn?t see it but Tiger mention KD, not Kiya or myself. So this time I?ll wash my hands, ok.

If not praise then what do you call it? Was it ever raw crictism? Those are questions to you, sir.
Ever ask yourself how does a player win two positions as a rookie? Of course, you never ask that question or any other in that category. Because you didn?t care.

Sir, I?m obsesses with winning a Championship, a championship!! Do you know what it is to win a championship as a New York Knick. It doesn?t sound like it.

?Challenge me to find one time anyone on here said we?re going to win a championship with RJ?
Sir, That is the problem!!

I?m asking for any player draft in Transformative player territory(#1 thru #4) to preform like a Transformative player. There should be hope and a light at the end of the tunnel? not a train.
Am I asking to much?? Tell me?

Our conversation the other day shead some light for me. You want to watch some BB. I understand that now. If you didn?t notice I want to win a championship. And if you didn?t notice I don?t see it happening with this current team or F.O. As you said as fan there isn?t much we can do and again you are correct. You watch BB and I want disturb you. On the flip side I?m going to raise hell for what it worth and be truthful about it. Never looking thru Rose colored glasses in order for a narrative to fit me. Never making excuses but calling it what it again truly is.
I know your position and truly respect it. Thank you for the understanding.

skisloper1

Benchwarmer
Maybe you didn?t see it but Tiger mention KD, not Kiya or myself. So this time I?ll wash my hands, ok.

If not praise then what do you call it? Was it ever raw crictism? Those are questions to you, sir.
Ever ask yourself how does a player win two positions as a rookie? Of course, you never ask that question or any other in that category. Because you didn?t care.

Sir, I?m obsesses with winning a Championship, a championship!! Do you know what it is to win a championship as a New York Knick. It doesn?t sound like it.

?Challenge me to find one time anyone on here said we?re going to win a championship with RJ?
Sir, That is the problem!!

I?m asking for any player draft in Transformative player territory(#1 thru #4) to preform like a Transformative player. There should be hope and a light at the end of the tunnel? not a train.
Am I asking to much?? Tell me?

Our conversation the other day shead some light for me. You want to watch some BB. I understand that now. If you didn?t notice I want to win a championship. And if you didn?t notice I don?t see it happening with this current team or F.O. As you said as fan there isn?t much we can do and again you are correct. You watch BB and I want disturb you. On the flip side I?m going to raise hell for what it worth and be truthful about it. Never looking thru Rose colored glasses in order for a narrative to fit me. Never making excuses but calling it what it again truly is.
I know your position and truly respect it. Thank you for the understanding.

We go from blaming the Head coach then to the FO.
The excuse that RJ was pushed into different starting roles and playing too many minutes especially in the 4th is a coaches problem not an RJ....

It seems we blame the FO and Coach for not giving Knox or Frank a chance to shine....
well then can't we also blame the same FO and coach for pushing RJ to be more then he is capable of being right now...............it works both way but dont Blame RJ if you can't blame knox and Frank.....

lets assume a #3pick should be the transformative player team needs......So now lets t accept RJ is not that player..........does that mean he can't learn from some true veterans and a stable PG ?

come on.........

Kiyaman

Legend
The TimberWolves did not beat the Knicks, the Knicks beat the Knicks !!!
Last night, the Knicks played the starter lineup they started the season, and preseason games with .. Kemba Fournier Barrett Randle, and Mitchrob .. How well did the Knicks starter lineup do each quarter vs the Wolves?

When Taj Gibson fouled out, and Beverley hit both FT shots cutting the Knicks lead to 2 pts (107-105). The MSG crowd kept screaming Obi - Obi - Obi .. coach Thibs took Taj out, and replaced him with Burks. Good or Bad decision?
Who do you believe should've replaced the 6.9 Taj Gibson?
A) 6.9 rookie Sims?
B) 6.9 Obi Toppin?
C) 6.6 Burks?

mafra

Legend
So is Gibson.

Cousins is a locker room cancer. Even if he were in his prime, keep him FAR away from my team. A true waste of supreme talent.

The TimberWolves did not beat the Knicks, the Knicks beat the Knicks !!!
Last night, the Knicks played the starter lineup they started the season, and preseason games with .. Kemba Fournier Barrett Randle, and Mitchrob .. How well did the Knicks starter lineup do each quarter vs the Wolves?

When Taj Gibson fouled out, and Beverley hit both FT shots cutting the Knicks lead to 2 pts (107-105). The MSG crowd kept screaming Obi - Obi - Obi .. coach Thibs took Taj out, and replaced him with Burks. Good or Bad decision?
Who do you believe should've replaced the 6.9 Taj Gibson?
A) 6.9 rookie Sims?
B) 6.9 Obi Toppin?
C) 6.6 Burks?

That was a no-brainer Kiya.
Everybody in the MSG thought it was going to be Obi. So this goes to what you are saying about coaching.

I on the other hand would've had Cousins on the bench or in the game. KAT would have to defend Cousins and I need someone with 'ice water' in there veins to take the last shoot. Since there is no D. Rose then it Cousins.

The excuse that RJ was pushed into different starting roles and playing too many minutes especially in the 4th is a coaches problem not an RJ....

It seems we blame the FO and Coach for not giving Knox or Frank a chance to shine....
well then can't we also blame the same FO and coach for pushing RJ to be more then he is capable of being right now...............it works both way but dont Blame RJ if you can't blame knox and Frank.....

lets assume a #3pick should be the transformative player team needs......So now lets t accept RJ is not that player..........does that mean he can't learn from some true veterans and a stable PG ?

come on.........

Correct about coaches problem!! Not how did we get to a coaches problem?? If Thib's is the coach that they say, Defensive mined. How is RJ playing? If you seen him play defensive then you know what I'm talking about.

What is there to blame Knox and Frank for??

Let's stop there for a moment. I promise I will address the rest of your comments.

Should your first question be 'Why is it that Frank and Knox weren't treated the same as RJ'? Now if I'm wrong I'll go back to addressing you comments. I don't see RJ being more talented than either. So again if the above question isn't the first question to ask and answer. I will address your other comments.

Kiyaman

Legend

come on.........

Are you speaking bout the Knicks worst chemistry player on offense & defense RJ Barrett ???
Have you also notice, every time coach Thibs put RJ Barrett in the 2nd unit lineup, Barrett's performance makes the entire 2nd unit lineup look as terrible as the starter lineup.

It wasn't Payton, Kemba, or Fournier performance that STUNK-UP the starter lineup, it was GM Perry's 3rd pick in the draft !!!

skisloper1

Benchwarmer
Correct about coaches problem!! Not how did we get to a coaches problem?? If Thib's is the coach that they say, Defensive mined. How is RJ playing? If you seen him play defensive then you know what I'm talking about.

What is there to blame Knox and Frank for??

Let's stop there for a moment. I promise I will address the rest of your comments.

Should your first question be 'Why is it that Frank and Knox weren't treated the same as RJ'? Now if I'm wrong I'll go back to addressing you comments. I don't see RJ being more talented than either. So again if the above question isn't the first question to ask and answer. I will address your other comments.

We agree Knox and Frank were handled poorly.
The rush to give RJ the minutes no matter what is also being handled poorly.
You EARN your playing time and your extended minutes.
As we see it seems coach Thibs does not make a lot of sense and seems glued to the hip with some players.
His ability to treat Walker the way he did just show a remarkable different of how he treats other players.
Bench any player at anytime when they are not doing what they are supposed to.

AGAIN AND AGAIN .............From people I do know who have worked in high positions years ago under Dolan all say the something........" just drinking the Koolaid because Dolan is always involved "

so t0 me when things do not make sense I have to look at why ......and all I can say thats been a staple year after year is DOLAN.

so will we ever win a championship ? NO not if Dolan is there.

skisloper1

Benchwarmer
We agree Knox and Frank were handled poorly.
The rush to give RJ the minutes no matter what is also being handled poorly.
You EARN your playing time and your extended minutes.
As we see it seems coach Thibs does not make a lot of sense and seems glued to the hip with some players.
His ability to treat Walker the way he did just show a remarkable different of how he treats other players.
Bench any player at anytime when they are not doing what they are supposed to.

AGAIN AND AGAIN .............From people I do know who have worked in high positions years ago under Dolan all say the something........" just drinking the Koolaid because Dolan is always involved "

so t0 me when things do not make sense I have to look at why ......and all I can say thats been a staple year after year is DOLAN.

so will we ever win a championship ? NO not if Dolan is there.

Just to be crystal clear.
Dolan was the decision maker in the Melo deal when we threw in another player that was not needed.
Dolan was also the decision maker in giving MELO a no trade clause in his contract. How F'in dumb was that.
No player wants to come the Knicks as they know we cannot build a championship with Dolan calling the final shots. It just can't be a coincidence.

Kiyaman

Legend
Will the Knicks make the playoffs in the 2021-22 season?

I say yes, if D.Rose come back healthy plus have some say-so in coach Thibs rotation.
I also say, heck no! if RJ Barrett stays the first & second option on offense receiving above 30 min of playing time.

come on.........

Hey Ski,
Thanks for answer the question.

I will finish commenting on your above post. Last sentence.

*If a #3 pick isn't a Transformative player then very draft pick is value the same. How do you build if 1's thru at least #4 is a transformative player. That is why they are value at a high premium. So a #3 should be a Transformative player in most cases.
*If we accept RJ is not that player.... Then we paid to much for him. That is my main problem with this whole situation. The position the Knicks were in dictated that a Transformative player was needed. We had just gave away KP so where were we going to get a that kind of player if not from tanking.
*What true veteran or veterans can RJ learn from? It too late for that. Getting him a mentor would have save face now but how can you. Admitting he needs a mentor would say that it was a mistake and he isn't ready. Perry can't do that.... that would be defeat and he is trying to show success.
*As for a stable PG... We had one and they gave him a journeyman PG to mentor him and then didn't play him. Not it a curse on them with PG and they will never success as long as Perry, L. Rose and Thib's are in power with the knicks.

**Sorry, as long as Dolan is a part of the Knicks.

mafra

Legend
The NBA acknowledged that three officiating calls that went against the Knicks were incorrect in the closing minutes of Tuesday?s 112-110 loss to the Timberwolves at the Garden.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost...sed-calls-in-knicks-loss-to-timberwolves/amp/

Most notably, in its official ?Last 2-minute (L2M) report,? the NBA said that Karl-Anthony Towns committed an offensive foul on Julius Randle seconds before the Knicks? All-Star was whistled for a foul on the Minnesota forward?s driving three-point play that put the Timberwolves ahead by one with 29.3 seconds remaining.

?Towns (MIN) reaches out and grabs Randle?s (NYK) arm and affects his ability to defend,? the ruling states.

The L2M also noted that Minnesota guard D?Angelo Russell pushed off on RJ Barrett?s would-be steal attempt with 22.2 seconds remaining.

?After the deflection, Russell (MIN) extends his forearm into Barrett (NYK) and dislodges him from his position during the loose ball,? the comment reads.

Earlier, it also was ruled that Towns should have been called for a reach-in foul for ?making contact to the arm? on Evan Fournier?s turnover with 1:46 remaining. The Knicks were charged with three turnovers (two by Barrett) in the final two minutes, and Randle also missed a free throw that could have tied the game five seconds after Towns? three-point play.

tiger0330

Legend
The NBA acknowledged that three officiating calls that went against the Knicks were incorrect in the closing minutes of Tuesday?s 112-110 loss to the Timberwolves at the Garden.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost...sed-calls-in-knicks-loss-to-timberwolves/amp/

Most notably, in its official ?Last 2-minute (L2M) report,? the NBA said that Karl-Anthony Towns committed an offensive foul on Julius Randle seconds before the Knicks? All-Star was whistled for a foul on the Minnesota forward?s driving three-point play that put the Timberwolves ahead by one with 29.3 seconds remaining.

?Towns (MIN) reaches out and grabs Randle?s (NYK) arm and affects his ability to defend,? the ruling states.

The L2M also noted that Minnesota guard D?Angelo Russell pushed off on RJ Barrett?s would-be steal attempt with 22.2 seconds remaining.

?After the deflection, Russell (MIN) extends his forearm into Barrett (NYK) and dislodges him from his position during the loose ball,? the comment reads.

Earlier, it also was ruled that Towns should have been called for a reach-in foul for ?making contact to the arm? on Evan Fournier?s turnover with 1:46 remaining. The Knicks were charged with three turnovers (two by Barrett) in the final two minutes, and Randle also missed a free throw that could have tied the game five seconds after Towns? three-point play.
Saw that play where the out of bounds on DLO got overturned but said to myself DLo fouled RJ so RJ should have been shooting FTs. The play was reviewed on Coach Finch?s challenge but don?t the rules state that the foul should have been reviewed as well, so why with Secaucus reviewing the play it wasn?t picked up but the 2 minute report did. We were robbed.

skisloper1

Benchwarmer
Hey Ski,
Thanks for answer the question.

I will finish commenting on your above post. Last sentence.

*If a #3 pick isn't a Transformative player then very draft pick is value the same. How do you build if 1's thru at least #4 is a transformative player. That is why they are value at a high premium. So a #3 should be a Transformative player in most cases.
*If we accept RJ is not that player.... Then we paid to much for him. That is my main problem with this whole situation. The position the Knicks were in dictated that a Transformative player was needed. We had just gave away KP so where were we going to get a that kind of player if not from tanking.
*What true veteran or veterans can RJ learn from? It too late for that. Getting him a mentor would have save face now but how can you. Admitting he needs a mentor would say that it was a mistake and he isn't ready. Perry can't do that.... that would be defeat and he is trying to show success.
*As for a stable PG... We had one and they gave him a journeyman PG to mentor him and then didn't play him. Not it a curse on them with PG and they will never success as long as Perry, L. Rose and Thib's are in power with the knicks.

**Sorry, as long as Dolan is a part of the Knicks.

we agree on all.......for now I see the glass as half full for RJ and you see it as half empty.......
lets hope im right so he does become a forever knicks player OR has value for us to make a bigger move.....
You being right would really suck for the knicks future.

mafra

Legend
Saw that play where the out of bounds on DLO got overturned but said to myself DLo fouled RJ so RJ should have been shooting FTs. The play was reviewed on Coach Finch?s challenge but don?t the rules state that the foul should have been reviewed as well, so why with Secaucus reviewing the play it wasn?t picked up but the 2 minute report did. We were robbed.

I appreciate the fact the NBA issues this report, but it?s of little consolation when you on the wrong end.

KAT offensive foul one should?ve given NyK ball, with lead, with 26 seconds left.

Like I said in the game, and I am usually negative nelly? I was impressed how they battled and ?almost? won. As it turned out, refs bias to award fouls to opponent?s stars over NyK stars at MSG shows they play 82 road games, bc refs rarely give NyK home cooking .

3 ?missed? calls isn?t a coincidence or
Accident. I won?t say refs wanting MIN to win? but their bias clearly impacted the outcome.

If they swallow whistle NyK win
If NYK gets right calls, NYK win
Unfortunately, they made 3 wrong calls
On their favor and we lost

Wonder does it measure when he will take the Knicks to a championship??
BTW, did not those same thousand ?Boo? the hell out of him at the MLK game??
So they ain?t Booing because he is going to be a Transformative player.