Round 1: New York Knicks vs Philadelphia 76ers 6:00 pm 4/20/2024 [Game #1]

rady

Administrator
Staff member
12-2 run for Philly and they cut it 66-69
Embiid has played the entire 3rd quarter so far and despite bricking a couple of jumpshots and not scoring at all the Sixers play with more confidence with him on the court..
Lowry and Maxey are keeping their team in the game

Kiyaman

Legend
End of 3rd Quarter .. Knicks 79 - 76ers 82
Not happy with the Nova trio performance for 3 quarters.
I'm hoping Precious starts the 4th quarter with Bench lineup and OG to grab back our Knicks 10 pt lead.

Kiyaman

Legend
Hart made 3 consistent mistakes, and we take Bojan out the game for Brunson ..
If we lose this game in MSG .........

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Hart made 3 consistent mistakes, and we take Bojan out the game for Brunson ..
If we lose this game in MSG .........
If we lose it, it's gonna be on Brunson. If we somehow win it, it's going to be because of Deuce, Bogdanovic and Robinson

rady

Administrator
Staff member
ANOTHER THREE BY HART after Lowry made one! Is Hart making up for Nova?

rady

Administrator
Staff member
KNICKS WIN!!
HART, McBRIDE, BOGDANOVIC, ROBINSON!! What a thriller.. did not expect to win this one based on what i saw but somehow these four guys... unbelievable!

111-104

mafra

Legend
Knicks outscore PHI bench 44-7. 23 offensive rebounds and only 11 turnovers. That’s recipe for success.

McBride and BB and Hart and Robinson were fantastic.

Knicks win even with JB having a bad game.

Incredible victory.

Knicks played poorly in Q1/Q3 but were great in Q2/Q4.

mafra

Legend
JB and DDV shot a combined 11-36. Hartenstein made 1 shot. OG scored 11.

62 points for Embiid/Maxey duo.

Knicks still win.

BB/Deuce 8-13 from downtown

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend
Give my Knicks BENCH Trio Mitch, Bojan, and McBride BIG Props for tonight Game-1 WIN.
42 Bench Points from 3 backups.
If we would've added Precious into the bench rotation for 15 to 20 minutes tonight.
We would've had a 20 point lead at half time, and a 20 point lead win tonight.
Denying Precious Achuwa postseason playing-time (42 min Hart) when Precious also were a big part of the 50 win season, also Precious co-exist on the same-page with OG on offense/defense.
Plus Precious is a FA in July. ..... That's a SIN directed at Thibs/Leon.

It's not that I don't have confidence in the Knicks Nova Trio in the regular season games ..
However, this is the postseason games.
Brunson and Hart both playing 42 minutes (for no reason at all), making several mistakes repeatedly throughout the entire 12 minutes of the first quarter, and then the same performance throughout the 3rd quarter too.
Philly outscored our Nova Trio (Brunson, Divo, Hart) 34-25 in the first quarter, and then 36-21 in the 3rd quarter.
The Nova trio added nothing new to their performance, and Philly ate them up for not adding OG & Hartenstein in their offense play book.

mafra

Legend
Per NBA tracking / matchup data from Game 1:

Joel Embiid against Mitchell Robinson:
2-for-11 (18%)

Question- Why didn’t ACHIUWA and Burks play yesterday?? Why would you play Hart 41 minutes at the PF if Achiuwa hadn’t been playing well? Burks has proven in the past to be very reliable on both sides of the ball.

We only won this game by 7 points with a less than 100% Embiid on the other side.

Not trying to rain on anyone parade…. These are things I see.

Remember this…. To everyone in this forum this isn’t a championship team with Randle. Success by this team could mean the no-nothing BB people may still have some control. I don’t know where the BB people(those that made the OG- Achiuwa trade) are in this organization.

There is no need to play Hart 41 minutes unless you sending a message to somebody’s.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Work buddy just came back from NYC and brought me a present : Josh Hart T-shirt he gave me during the game Saturday! Coincidence? Great win 1-0 and Monday I’m off at 5 woot! Go Knicks EC finals against the Bumtown Smelldicks or bust!