Let's end this NOW!

Is Billups good enough for this team for the next 1 or 2 years?

• Yes

Votes: 19 70.4%
  • No

Votes: 8 29.6%

• Total voters

nyk_nyk

All Star
We all agree that paying Billups 14 mil next year is too much. Now lets focus on the bigger picture at hand. All I want is a vote on who thinks Billups is a viable player for us at PG for AT MOST 1 or 2 more years.

This whole lopsided Billups discussion is starting to get annoying (thx to Trillion) so this will be a way to put to rest.

EDIT: This question is based on the possibility of us not resigning him for 14 mil but rather a lower salary for 1 or 2 more years. Sorry for the confusion.

Last edited:

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
As previously polled --------- wait until our season is over.

When do we have to either sign, or not sign him?

That'll make the decision easier.

Drop Billups.

Draft Brandon Knight and give him the keys to the Offense like the Celtics did with Rondo.

Resign Shawne Williams for 2 years at 2 Million a year

Sign Marc Gasol/DeAndre Jordan/Tyson Chandler for 9 Million a year

Sign Reggie Evans for 1 year for 3 million

Resign Anthony Carter, Sheldon Williams, Derrick Brown, and Roger Mason

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
We all agree that paying Billups 14 mil next year is too much. Now lets focus on the bigger picture at hand. All I want is a vote on who thinks Billups is a viable player for us at PG for AT MOST 1 or 2 more years.

This whole lopsided Billups discussion is starting to get annoying (thx to Trillion) so this will be a way to put to rest.

I created one thread about Billups and you and Red have now created separate threads to make your points instead electing to contain them to the one original thread! Now you want to blame me for it being annoying!? Please dude.

Again, I created ONE thread yet I don't see you complaining when there are 20+ anti-MDA threads all saying the same exact thing! The reason is you agree with those threads and disagree with my ONE thread. That is called a double standard and the fact you created yet another separate thread to discuss Billups is hypocritical and obviously dripping with emotion. You are clearly mad and steaming and I would suggest for you own sake that you relax and not let an internet debate get you so damn vexed!

platnumn

Benchwarmer
I created one thread about Billups and you and Red have now created separate threads to make your points instead electing to contain them to the one original thread! Now you want to blame me for it being annoying!? Please dude.

You are clearly mad and steaming and I would suggest for you own sake that you relax and not let an internet debate get you so damn vexed!

Amen. True story. No need to pile crap onto more crap.

nyk_nyk

All Star

Again, I created ONE thread yet I don't see you complaining when there are 20+ anti-MDA threads all saying the same exact thing! The reason is you agree with those threads and disagree with my ONE thread. That is called a double standard and the fact you created yet another separate thread to discuss Billups is hypocritical and obviously dripping with emotion. You are clearly mad and steaming and I would suggest for you own sake that you relax and not let an internet debate get you so damn vexed!

I was creating a simple poll so STFU.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
I was creating a simple poll so STFU.

178991d1288656977-newegg-ocz-rally2-16gb-5-40-umad.jpg

2 Threads weren't enough to contain my emo rage so I needed a 3rd!!! Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa:baby:

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
When did i create two threads???

YOU FAIL

You fail at reading. I never said YOU created anything. I stated FACTUALLY that there are 2 other threads on this subject yet you needed a 3rd to vent your emotional outbursts.

Damn you're dumb dude. SMFH

nyk_nyk

All Star
You fail at reading. I never said YOU created anything. I stated FACTUALLY that there are 2 other threads on this subject yet you needed a 3rd to vent your emotional outbursts.

Damn you're dumb dude. SMFH

Just by your responses its obvious your a huge nerd with no life. You wouldn't last 5 min inside a sports bar. That's FACTUAL.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Just by your responses its obvious your a huge nerd with no life. You wouldn't last 5 min inside a sports bar. That's FACTUAL.

Nice deflection and what a misuse of the word FACTUAL. SMH, this dude doesn't even understand the difference between facts and his own made up assertions about a poster he has never met. I can safely say that my 225Lbs frame mixed with 8+ years of boxing through out my 31 years would allow me to last 5 minutes in a sports bar even if I had not FACTUALLY spent more than 5 minutes in a sports bar multiple times in my life.

Once again you prove what an emotional DUMMY you are. Please keep responding and giving me more ammo to dissect your lame brain. :teeth:

P.S. It's "you're" as in "you are" not "your"...dumb dumb.

nyk_nyk

All Star
Nice deflection and what a misuse of the word FACTUAL. SMH, this dude doesn't even understand the difference between facts and his own made up assertions about a poster he has never met. I can safely say that my 225Lbs frame mixed with 8+ years of boxing through out my 31 years would allow me to last 5 minutes in a sports bar even if I had not FACTUALLY spent more than 5 minutes in a sports bar multiple times in my life.

Once again you prove what an emotional DUMMY you are. Please keep responding and giving me more ammo to dissect your lame brain. :teeth:

P.S. It's "you're" as in "you are" not "your"...dumb dumb.

Thank you for proving my point. Idiot! lol

Only NERD who cares about perfect grammar on a sports site. LMAO

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Thank you for proving my point. Idiot! lol

Only NERD who cares about perfect grammar on a sports site. LMAO

WOW! Now you misuse the word GRAMMAR! Stating something is factual when it is not is a logical error...it's not a grammatical one! What a moron! :teeth::teeth:

"You be a smart poster" would be both grammatically wrong and factually wrong.

P.S. Oh and if you were talking about "you're" vs "your" you should be thanking me for tying to teach you proper English.

Last edited:

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
So far 6 to 2 in favor of Billups.

:gony:

A sample size of 8 or even triple that means nothing. Further this gem totaly invalidates the poll considering its an unknown based off of your hopes.

This question is based on the possibility of us not resigning him for 14 mil but rather a lower salary for 1 or 2 more years.

I already stated I would resign him if we could do it for cheap and fill other needs. I know you created this thread to try and prove something to me and for that I am honored but it fails for this reason:

Fair points and at 2-3 mil a year I have no problems with Billups. My issue is what we do moving forward. I would take Billups running the point another year or so at 2-3 mil if the saved money allowed us to fill other needs. A pass first PG is certainly not our only need. I just hope Amare doesn't suffer from Billups score first mentality.

^^That was posted before this lame thread was created.

Make that another vote in favor of CB. Cant vote on my cell.

He's worth a lot more than 2 or 3M though. 5M is perfect.

I could care less about "next year" when we're on the verge fighting in the playoffs.

We have a CHAMPION running the PG position with a boat load of playoff experience & even championship experience in Billups. Excellent team leader. Fights like a true playoff warrior. Knows how to control & lead an offense through the TOUGH playoffs & has NEVER had two elite superstars to work with. The sky is the limit for us this year with CB. CB, Melo & Amare WILL compete with ANY triple-threat.

Whats all this talk about "not paying" Billups 14M? Not even Kobe, Nash, Kidd, KG or Duncan would get 14-15M right now.

It's foolish to even TALK about CB getting 14M this offseason when anyone with half a brain knows he's not getting anything close to that. Has Melo got an extension from NY? Of course. Has Billups got a 14M extension yet? Exactly. Because he was never expected to get one to BEGIN WITH...

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter

I could care less about "next year" when we're on the verge fighting in the playoffs.

We have a CHAMPION running the PG position with a boat load of playoff experience & even championship experience in Billups. Excellent team leader. Fights like a true playoff warrior. Knows how to control & lead an offense through the TOUGH playoffs & has NEVER had two elite superstars to work with. The sky is the limit for us this year with CB. CB, Melo & Amare WILL compete with ANY triple-threat.

Whats all this talk about "not paying" Billups 14M? Not even Kobe, Nash, Kidd, KG or Duncan would get 14-15M right now.

It's foolish to even TALK about CB getting 14M this offseason when anyone with half a brain knows he's not getting anything close to that. Has Melo got an extension from NY? Of course. Has Billups got a 14M extension yet? Exactly. Because he was never expected to get one to BEGIN WITH...

What are you talking about? An extension is different than a team option dude.

Oldtimer

Rotation player
Billups Buy-out

This is my understanding of Billups' contract terms. The Knicks have the right to buy him out of next year's $14.2M contract for $3.7M. If we buy him out, the $3.7M will count against our cap -- at least under the current CBA. I believe that we have to exercise our buy out rights within 5 days after the basketball season ends. This is a very short window.

if we do not buy him out, we will be about $3M over the current $58M CBA cap for next year. We will have zero room for any meaningful free agent. If we buy him out, we save about $10.5M which will put us around $7M under the cap.

Turiaf is an asset with a player option and contract for next year at $4.360M. Douglas is another asset with a team option at $1.145M. Fields is an asset at a bargain basement price. I expect we want to keep these assets, though perhaps Turiaf could be used as a chip in a trade. We have no other real assets. Presumably we want to sign Shawne Williams and that will put us further over cap.

If we keep Billups and a new CBA is little different from the current and there will have been no lock-out, then we are going to have essentially the same team we currently have plus a draft pick and perhaps a mid-level exception.

But I think there is a good chance of a lockout for perhaps an appreciable part of next year. When there is finally a new CBA worked out, there may well be forced extensions for players like Billups who will have lost significant amounts in their last contract year. Despite all his talents, I think we have to buy out Billups and then when the dust settles on a new CBA perhaps begin a new negotiation or otherwise use whatever cap sapce we might have. We just do not know what the new CBA will look like. I would prefer to go into a new CBA without a $14.2M fixed price for Billups.

As for the argument that if we keep him we will have a valuable expiring contract to deal before the 2012 trade deadline -- well, those things have not worked out so well for us in the past. Also, I believe it may be possible to trade Billups within that 5 day window after the season ends. His contract would be Dampier like. The team that takes him gets a $14M contract, perhaps by giving up a $14M or so contract, but then can exercise the buy-out and save $10M. Consider this, both Camby and Kaman have contracts expiring in 2012, one at $9.2M and the other at $12.2M. Of course, I might well be totally wrong on the viability of such a transaction.

nuckles2k2

Superstar

46fe5348-a82f-474d-ba6d-4c3a62b662d4.jpg