Knicks V Boston - Mon, Jan 7: Out with the old, in with the older.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
c1iEJ.gif

lY4aI.gif

boston_celtics_logo-9750.jpg

I ****ing despise these knob jockeys!

15232_4572619468766_724154216_n.jpg

550744_4572678190234_2076597609_n.jpg

The Big East Edition threads are for match-ups against the East's upper echelon teams. Each Big East Edition will feature a mini video mix of a particular Knick.

In this edition, I'll be bringing you a mini mix of Pablo Prigioni, who has proven that age does not necessarily degrade one's virility. As cunning as a rapist fox, Pablo's crisp passing and stingy defence have carved him out a substantial Knick fan base in his tardy rookie season.

Sorry it's so short, gents, but I did it from an airport lounge in Bangkok.

That's dedication.

You c*nts better +1 me. :lol:

smokes

Huge Member
Great GT as always the Prig mix is awesome.

I legit think Prigioni might be a better PG than Lin.

Come at me.

metrocard

Legend
Great GT as always the Prig mix is awesome.

I legit think Prigioni might be a better PG than Lin.

Come at me.

I agree to a degree, Lin is just a superior athlete (his defense is underrated)

I don't even think we've seen the best of Prigs yet, hopefully he gives us more masterful games.

This is a must win game, we've lost a couple of games we should of won; beating the Celtics would solidify our superiority in the East.

I need a blow out win from the Knicks.

smokes

Huge Member
He is kinda underrated as a defender yeah, he can actually challenge shots really well with his height and quickness. Quick hands too.

Pablo's playmaking and decision making is quite a few levels above Lin right now though. Their outside shot is probably equal.

I wonder what the limit would be for Pablo playing 35 minutes a game.

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
I'm still bitter that they swept us 2 seasons ago in the Playoffs and regular season. This is a must win indeed. :gony:

21 Shump Street

Benchwarmer
Can't go into this one looking at the standings and basing our effort on that. Celtics just won 2 games convincingly against a surging Indiana and Atlanta. Plus Rondo is notorious for torching us.

deamon

Benchwarmer
Houston destroyed us twice.

Back to the game, we have to destroy Celtics. Focus in defense since the start to the end!

Red

TYPE-A
I think it's time to start JR.

I think he's earned it and coach should look to reward his efforts. Starting JR sends the right message.

Our best line up; the one where we make a run is with JR on the floor.

I know coach wants to get Melo going early and thinks Swish will interfere, but falling behind is a bad way to start.

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
Let Prigs put up 38 pts in a game (Lin 2x) and we can talk.

Don't you remember when Melo came back from injury last season and Linsanity was in full effect? Lin did a terrible job finding Melo, the best offensive option on the team, throughout every game. Melo would score measly numbers of 14, 16, 18 points. Lin's inability to feed Melo was evident when Lin got injured and Melo started playing monster bball to carry us to a playoff spot.

Being able to put up more points doesn't mean he's a better point guard. It's all about being able to set up teammates for easy and comfortable baskets. I think Prigs does a better job distributing the ball quickly in order to find the open man or the best player on the court.

Lin = better scorer
Prig = better passer = better PG

He's done it for years and years in Euroleague basketball, and has been the starting PG for a very talented Argentina team in FIBA and the Olympics, I think its safe to say that he's got more skills as a PG than Lin, who I admit still has a lot of potential for improvement.

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
I think it's time to start JR.

I think he's earned it and coach should look to reward his efforts. Starting JR sends the right message.

Our best line up; the one where we make a run is with JR on the floor.

I know coach wants to get Melo going early and thinks Swish will interfere, but falling behind is a bad way to start.

:agreed::agreed::agreed:

We really need an SG who defends, can shoot the three ball consistently in the starting line up. If Camby has the starting 4 spot for the rest of the season, we need all the offensive firepower we can get in order to get proper floor spacing on offense. I love him, but Brewer has just not been cutting it these past few weeks.

Red

TYPE-A
Don't you remember when Melo came back from injury last season and Linsanity was in full effect? Lin did a terrible job finding Melo, the best offensive option on the team, throughout every game. Melo would score measly numbers of 14, 16, 18 points. Lin's inability to feed Melo was evident when Lin got injured and Melo started playing monster bball to carry us to a playoff spot.

Being able to put up more points doesn't mean he's a better point guard. It's all about being able to set up teammates for easy and comfortable baskets. I think Prigs does a better job distributing the ball quickly in order to find the open man or the best player on the court.

Lin = better scorer

He's done it for years and years in Euroleague basketball, and has been the starting PG for a very talented Argentina team in FIBA and the Olympics, I think its safe to say that he's got more skills as a PG than Lin, who I admit still has a lot of potential for improvement.

and I agree with this.

Successful PG = Leadership, first and foremost.

Assist to TO ratio is a good measure as is steals and +/- efficiency.

Scoring is definitely not at the top of the list for PG's. Pablo is a vet easily assimilating to the NBA who is pass first. He plays his role; is cool, calm, and collected and is showing an ability to adapt.

Lin's defense may be underrated (I disagree though), but so too is Pablo's.

Replace Lin with Pablo on the Knicks, and it becomes a situation where less is more. Pablo knows his role and ran the point to perfection against the Spurs.

tiger0330

Legend

Lin = better scorer

According to Hollinger.

Lin PER 14.36 good for 38th place among the top 50 PGs
Prigoni PER 13.51 good for 43rd place among the top 50 PGs

Lin started off slow with Houston but his stats are improving and he is rated higher the Prigs and he starts for Houston instead of being a bench player like Prigs which makes Lin more valuable. Prigs is probably the better passer but Lin is no slouch with his passing skills.

deamon

Benchwarmer
Just wait for Shump and Brewer minutes will be limited or he will be out of rotation. Smith has to come from bench if you want win. Why he should be starter when even as bench player he plays more minutes than Brewer?
We have two scorers: Melo and JR Smith. Smith deserves to be a starter , but we need him from bench, Amare isn't an option now when Melo rest.

metrocard

Legend
I think Smith's role is perfect for him, I want Shumpert to start because that's our future, best perimeter defender and we can't forget how he and Melo saved our season last year when Linsanity died.

bigapple

Starter
Iman will change alot he is young he can shot from anywhere he is athletic and very motivated. Very soon Knicks roster will be completed

New New York

Quiet Storm
I think Smith's role is perfect for him, I want Shumpert to start because that's our future, best perimeter defender and we can't forget how he and Melo saved our season last year when Linsanity died.

People forget how he and Tyson's play is why we were winning during "Linsanity"

Shump is invaluable I just want him to gain as much knowledge from Kidd because he'll basically a better version of what Kidd is now in the coming years!!!