Duhon Part 2

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
rod1_627.jpg

nuff said...

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Duhon and Sergio are not and will never be the same player....nuff said

Their games are not similar but their lack of talent is...

They are both perennial backup PG's who cant shoot and should not start. Once again the Kicks are trying to find a diamond in the ruff...another teams backup trying to be a star. As long as he is the backup I don't mind either but the minute people try asserting this guy is our future is the minute he becomes Duhon part 2.

Paul1355

All Star

They are both perennial backup PG's who cant shoot and should not start. Once again the Kicks are trying to find a diamond in the ruff...another teams backup trying to be a star. As long as he is the backup I don't mind either but the minute people try asserting this guy is our future is the minute he becomes Duhon part 2.

Duhon has played 35 min a game the past two years...Sergio has started a few games and barely played the rest...how can you even compare?

Sergio is 23 and is accepting a role where he is finally getting playing time. He has better court vision than Duhon, is 1000 times faster, can run an uptempo offense where Duhon slows it down to slow motion, and has a higher IQ...Sergio has to improve his defense but talent wise...Sergio has it he just needs to play more and along side shooters.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Duhon has played 35 min a game the past two years...Sergio has started a few games and barely played the rest...how can you even compare?

Sergio is 23 and is accepting a role where he is finally getting playing time. He has better court vision than Duhon, is 1000 times faster, can run an uptempo offense where Duhon slows it down to slow motion, and has a higher IQ...Sergio has to improve his defense but talent wise...Sergio has it he just needs to play more and along side shooters.

He cant shoot and runs into his own teammates. I am not saying the guy is defective just that he isn't starter caliber. He will make a nice backup PG, nothing more...

nyk_nyk

All Star

I agree that he is better served as a backup pg but even so he's still much better than Duhon.

The Knicks have no choice but to look for a sleeper. They intend on using the cap space to sign marquee guys and therefore will need to fill spots with cheap players. They don't have the luxury of going out and paying for a quality pg right now.

clumsy

Rotation player
I would give him more time because he's been a bench warmer and he still plays Euro Style ball.

He holds the ball too long that is my only issue with him.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
It's true that Sergio Rodriguez still can't really shoot.

But at the same time he's averaged 13 minutes a game over his entire career. Duhon, on the other hand, has averaged 28 minutes a game over his entire career, has played in more games, and has been our starting PG for a season and a half.

That's the saddest part. Sergio performs about as well as Duhon does despite the fact that Sergio joined our team a month ago and is still a raw NBA player due to his lack of playing time whereas Duhon is an NBA veteran who has gotten a ton of playing time in the past 5 years and has been playing with us for a year and a half. That and Duhon knows our offense and our players whereas Sergio doesn't, and yet Sergio still performs about as well. Odd.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
It's true that Sergio Rodriguez still can't really shoot.

But at the same time he's averaged 13 minutes a game over his entire career. Duhon, on the other hand, has averaged 28 minutes a game over his entire career, has played in more games, and has been our starting PG for a season and a half.

That's the saddest part. Sergio performs about as well as Duhon does despite the fact that Sergio joined our team a month ago and is still a raw NBA player due to his lack of playing time whereas Duhon is an NBA veteran who has gotten a ton of playing time in the past 5 years and has been playing with us for a year and a half. That and Duhon knows our offense and our players whereas Sergio doesn't, and yet Sergio still performs about as well. Odd.

So do you think we should roll the dice and take two years to try and develop a bench player into a starter? Thats why I say it is Duhon part 2. I am confident we will take the time while losing winnable games trying to get Srod to a level he will never reach. I much rather go after other PG's like DJ Augustine or Ty Lawson then waste time on another bench player who cant shoot. Thise guys may not be much better now but they have more upside than Srod.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Yes, I am of the opinion that Sergio Rodriguez is NOT our first choice point guard. It's possible that he could develop into a decent PG.

But if we can somehow weasel away a proven player like Ty Lawson? By all means, let's do it. Sergio Rodriguez is an option, but he should be an option we take if we don't have any other options.

DJ Augustin would be a good choice too, but we'd probably have to use Curry's contract in a swap. Maybe we could take on DeSagana Diop's contract? It's not THAT bad of a contract and if he brings shotblocking to our team, it's not a bad move if we can get DJ Augustin as well.

pat

Starter
I would give him more time because he's been a bench warmer and he still plays Euro Style ball.

He holds the ball too long that is my only issue with him.

Euro style ball + holding the ball too much is an oxymoron. Euro style is less one-on-one and more passing because defence in Europe is more based on zone-defense which makes isolation plays almost impossible.

CoolClyde

Duhound part doo-doo

I don't agree re Part 2, Power Serge is way better than Duhon, just by the fact that he drives to the hoop and makes more shots than he misses. The guy has hardly played with the group, so it's hard to judge his PG prowess, but he's a good backup, and I'd like to see him get more minutes. I like how he moves the ball up the floor, I like his passing, and I like his steal ability. The only thing Duhound has on Serge is his passing, but that has been honed by his tremendous amount of minutes given him by D'assholio these past couple seasons.

hasta la victoria siempre!

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Ehhhh I don't know.This thread was made a little too quick, Trillion.People forget that Duhon's first few months as a Knick he was decent and even finished at the hoop a decent amount of times.Rodriguez could just be going through a Gallo drought.He has shown signs of hope.Even at Duhon's best he didn't wow us as in, "we really have something here", Sergio did.Don't count him out yet.

Kiyaman

Legend
Originally Posted by TR1LL10N

Duhon & Sergio are both tier 3 PG....one is a halfcourt PG and the other is an uptempo PG.
They both need a strong-minded coach to write and design their offensive-plays b/c they dont know how to create on their own being their communication skillz with their teammates in the NBA is at an all time LOW...

however both are decent to have in your practice sessions

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Back up? Yes.

Puhon territory? That just really isn't very nice at all.....

The guy is obviously playing based solely on reaction. Set plays are a little much for him.

Puhon is just a millionaire gay man's condom.

Toney D is very, very, very tubular.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Back up? Yes.

Puhon territory? That just really isn't very nice at all.....

The guy is obviously playing based solely on reaction. Set plays are a little much for him.

Puhon is just a millionaire gay man's condom.

Toney D is very, very, very tubular.

c/s...Theres so many good point guards that have come into the league and theres more coming, i see S Rod still being a backup but I expect Duhomeless to be outta the league soon