The Official "MeloDrama" Thread Feb 18th - Feb 24th

img14027279.jpg

This is a thread to discuss all things Melo. Theres going to be a shit load of Melo stuff coming out and the amount of threads it will create will be insane. So I think we should just have one Melo thread.

Every day I will come in here and post the Melo news as it comes out. If you want me to add an article up here post it in the

February 18th (Day 1)

ESPNNY: Nets, Knicks, to Meet with Melo
http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nba/news/story?id=6133683

Dario8676

Benchwarmer
I like this idea.. I'll start off:

Latest News/Rumors:

The Net's Owner Prokhorov and Knicks Owner Dolan are to meet with Carmelo Anthony and the Nuggets over the All-Star Weekend.

Hayato

Benchwarmer
Knicks owner James Dolan is expected to meet with Carmelo Anthony in L.A. during All-Star weekend -- Melo will also meet with Nets owner Mikhail Prokhorov.
The meetings are expected to happen Friday or Saturday, and should kick off some heated negotiations as the two teams bear down on Carmelo in advance of Thursday's deadline. Dolan has been in direct contact with the Nuggets' owner, Stan Kroenke, and could potentially overrule the objections of Mike D'Antoni, who has been leery of blowing up the roster to acquire Melo. Feb 18, 9:36:00 AM

I like this idea.. I'll start off:

Latest News/Rumors:

The Net's Owner Prokhorov and Knicks Owner Dolan are to meet with Carmelo Anthony and the Nuggets over the All-Star Weekend.
Isnt this starting to look like the direct to DVD sequel of the Decision?

If the Mavs come in and Swipe Melo up out of no where it really will be.

Dario8676

Benchwarmer
Isnt this starting to look like the direct to DVD sequel of the Decision?

If the Mavs come in and Swipe Melo up out of no where it really will be.

Yeah it is... It gives me a headache when I think about it. I tell you though, although I don't want to blow up house to get Melo, I don't want him to land on the Nets either. If he ends up with the Nets, I think I will be sick to my stomach all of next week.

Yeah it is... It gives me a headache when I think about it. I tell you though, although I don't want to blow up house to get Melo, I don't want him to land on the Nets either. If he ends up with the Nets, I think I will be sick to my stomach all of next week.
Yeah i can take him going anywhere but NJ. That would really suck.

I wish these next 7 days would just fly by.

iJoe

Rotation player
NJ isn't going to have a PF if Melo comes. My guess is that they'll have to trade Troy Murphy and maybe a few more pieces to make the team more enticing.

Brook Lopez is so overrated... ugh...

In the end it will be Melo's own fault if he doesn't come here. We have the best roster waiting for him and he could pressure the Nugs to force the trade, but he's being the slut who is flirting with everyone, but caring more about getting the most $$$ out it. It's in Melo's own interest that we don't trade the house for him. Who is he gonna be playing with when he gets here?

Dario8676

Benchwarmer
are you kidding me!!!! wtf are the knicks doing with there thumbs up there rears, watch the garbage nets are gonna getem cause the knicks are too stupid to give up some average nubs.

Didn't the Nets and Nuggets have a tentative agreement on a similar package about a month back, and then all of a sudden the next day the package fell apart?

Hayato

Benchwarmer
well. i cant wait for stephen a smiths radio show on the 24th to see him exude the frustration im feeling

all you walsh dicksuckers, get lost. he ****ed up. he ****ed up bad. apparently role players (which are SO easy to come by once you have a couple stars) are more important than melo

Hayato

Benchwarmer
Didn't the Nets and Nuggets have a tentative agreement on a similar package about a month back, and then all of a sudden the next day the package fell apart?

dont think so. cmon man just stop fighting it..hes going to the nets

Dario8676

Benchwarmer
WFAN is reporting that the proposed package a few days back where the Knicks would receive Billups and Melo in exchange for Felton, Galo, a 3rd Starter, Curry, and a 1st round pick would have been a done deal as player wise both teams were in agreement, however the Knicks were unwilling to do the trade because they didn't want to take back Billups contract. Are you kidding me?

Hayato

Benchwarmer
can you believe this shit? the ONLY player the nets would have after this trade besides melo is lopez...i understand melo is frustrated with the knicks but cmon just DENY THIS so you can come to the knicks and play with stat and other good players in the garden, and if he doesnt come, then heads gotta ROLL.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
WFAN is reporting that the proposed package a few days back where the Knicks would receive Billups and Melo in exchange for Felton, Galo, a 3rd Starter, Curry, and a 1st round pick would have been a done deal as player wise both teams were in agreement, however the Knicks were unwilling to do the trade because they didn't want to take back Billups contract. Are you kidding me?

Depends on who the 3rd starter was. If it were Wilson Chandler then I'd be fine, if it were Fields, maybe not so much.

I doubt it was Billups' contract since he has a team option and the team can just buy him out.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
If Melo goes to the Nets then he can eat a dick.

Seriously, does anybody think the Nets are any good? I don't think the Nets are a playoff team if they added Carmelo to their current roster, let alone if they dump their entire roster to get him. They lose their picks so they're not getting any better.

Hayato

Benchwarmer
stein is right. a tentative agreement doesnt mean shit unless melo actually wants to go to the nets...DO NOT be spiteful melo, come to ny! i mean really, do you wanna be shit for a year, then wait for chris paul and have yourself, paul, and lopez, still not be an elite team, and play secondfiddle to the knicks and MSG or go to the knicks now with AMARE, other good role players, the possibility of getting paul, and playing in the mecca of basketball, in your hometown

Dolan is going to get this done. But Melo will have to veto the Nets deal. Den wants to make him look bad turnin down their best offer.