Jordan Hill playing Awesome

Kiyaman

Legend
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twV7gaWsYSQ

F Jordan Hill, playing with David Andersen out with a sore lower back, showed flashes of the potential that made him an important part of the Rockets' trade deadline deal with the Knicks. Hill had 12 points and eight rebounds, both season bests for the rookie, while playing 23 minutes.

PG-Brooks adding Hill into the offense made Hill feel like a teammate again.
u must admit Jordan Hill does not look like a bust, he look like a raw rookie with NBA potential talent as a bigman.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com

F Jordan Hill, playing with David Andersen out with a sore lower back, showed flashes of the potential that made him an important part of the Rockets' trade deadline deal with the Knicks. Hill had 12 points and eight rebounds, both season bests for the rookie, while playing 23 minutes.

u must admit Jordan Hill does not look like a bust, he look like a raw rookie with NBA potential talent as a bigman.

Good post. I agree. Hill showed potential, in his limited playing time with the Knicks. His post up game and rebounding was good, for only getting 10 minutes per game. He looked better on the court than Jeffries, so I don't get why Dyke M'Anphony refused to give him playing time.

Too bad D'Anphony and Walsh didn't give him a chance. There's a reason why the Rockets wanted Hill. I doubt it was because they thought he was a bust.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
He just hadn't played with a real PG. Sadly, we had to lose Hill to get one. He's definitely not a bust and he definitely could have played the 5. D'Antoni really shouldn't have alienated him.

Kiyaman

Legend
He just hadn't played with a real PG. Sadly, we had to lose Hill to get one. He's definitely not a bust and he definitely could have played the 5. D'Antoni really shouldn't have alienated him.

Our PG position got weaker after the trade-deadline....we DNP Nate, Hughes, and Toney Douglas the first 50 games from letting them become a backcourt-tandem to lead the PG position. All 3 players are NBA combo-guards with experience to work together as a tandem in the backcourt.

There was no reason for Wilson Chandler to play one minute at the SG-position during this 2009-10 season.
All the Knicks guards disaproved of Wilson Chandler at the SG position throughout everyone of the Preseason Games, even Wilson Chandler disaproved of playing the SG position by throwing up outrageous 3-balls throughout the preseason games and the first 10 games of the season.
RED-FLAG
Why do u think Dantoni made rookie Toney Douglas a starter alongside of Duhon early in the season???

Wilson Chandler is a natural NBA SF!!!
Wilson Chandler is not a better SG than Nate or Hughes on offense or defense. He is clueless as a guard on how to tandem-up with the PG to make a decent back-court tandem.
Do u trust Chandler to dribble the ball up court on offense? NO!
How many times have he done that all season? few to none!
That is why Chandler playing at the SG position after training-camp indicated celebrity coach Damntoni is "TANKING" the 2009-10 season.
Or he just do not know how to coach in the NBA.

Every Knick game that Damntoni coached....only show that Shawn Marion and Nash was the catylist calling all the shots in the Phoenix Suns success...

Kiyaman

Legend
What happpen

I did not have intention on writing all of the above in this rookie Jordan Hill thread that shows he is a long way from being a BUST.
But alot of people act like they dont know what happen this season, or they did not witness the worst coaching in the Knicks history.

Kaizoku

Rookie
<object height="385" width="480">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cqJfeFU0K_g&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="385" width="480"></object>

His next game ^

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
I did not have intention on writing all of the above in this rookie Jordan Hill thread that shows he is a long way from being a BUST.
But alot of people act like they dont know what happen this season, or they did not witness the worst coaching in the Knicks history.

Come on dude. 2nd worst.... Please don't say CannedBaloni is worse than Zeke. You just can't...

I'm not loving the Hill trade either man..... But it's not the be all and end all of the situation. If things don't work out before next season, then I'll be backing your every word. Until then.....hmmmmmm

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend
Come on dude. 2nd worst.... Please don't say CannedBaloni is worse than Zeke. You just can't...

I'm not loving the Hill trade either man..... But it's not the be all and end all of the situation. If things don't work out before next season, then I'll be backing your every word. Until then.....hmmmmmm

Damtoni is 100 times worst than Zeke at coaching....Zeke was never suppose to be our G.M., his status should have stayed as a headcoach in the NBA.
Zeke picked up to many Enemies as a player in the NBA (having 2 rings while being considered the best PG in the NBA, and then being barred from the "Dream Team".....RED FLAG.....u got enemies!!!

The Annucha Trail was not a coincidence for Gay-Isiah (he was in the life, bi or whatever?).

Kiyaman

Legend
<OBJECT width=480 height=385>
&ampnbsp
&ampnbsp
<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cqJfeFU0K_g&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="385" width="480"></OBJECT>

His next game ^

And his next game showed the confidence that his new teammates and new headcoach Adelman is providing him with.

Listening to the Rockets vs Wizards game announcers....says it all.
The reason why I hate to listen to Breen and Clyde, the two act like our Knick players dont have family and friends watching and listening to the game (their indirect comments had Knick-Fans believing Jordan Hill was a BUST draft pick, by justifying all of Damntoni's stupidity as a NBA coach.).

AlboKnickFan

Benchwarmer
And his next game showed the confidence that his new teammates and new headcoach Adelman is providing him with.

Listening to the Rockets vs Wizards game announcers....says it all.
The reason why I hate to listen to Breen and Clyde, the two act like our Knick players dont have family and friends watching and listening to the game (their indirect comments had Knick-Fans believing Jordan Hill was a BUST draft pick, by justifying all of Damntoni's stupidity as a NBA coach.).

Mike D is not a bad coach. The problem is with our franchise my friends. Not just Jordan Hill, but any player ( except for Eddy Curry ) in the Knicks roster would play good for another team.
Our problem is consistency, confidence, and lack of desire to win.

Lets put it this way: Those Knicks players already consider themselves winner just for being able to play on the big stage ( Garden )

Thats why we need another owner who can actually put pressure on the coaching staff and players to play better and harder.

richtree

Rotation player
It hurts me to watch Jordan Hill try to go up with the ball in the paint.

He is so weak and can't even get a shot up.

Otherwise he did look awesome and energenic.

Helps having a point guard and some decent players.

VeryGundy

Benchwarmer
I don't know why we gave up on Jordan Hill so quickly but two games really don't tell me much either about his upside. He could still be a bust.

Did you guys catch that play which JJ blew a layup and the Houston announcers yelled "Jeffries missed another layup." LMAO.

Paul1355

All Star

i didnt want to give up Hill but we HAD to in order to rid ourselves of Jared Jeffries

Kiyaman

Legend
Mike D is not a bad coach. The problem is with our franchise my friends. Not just Jordan Hill, but any player ( except for Eddy Curry ) in the Knicks roster would play good for another team.
Our problem is consistency, confidence, and lack of desire to win.

Lets put it this way: Those Knicks players already consider themselves winner just for being able to play on the big stage ( Garden )

Thats why we need another owner who can actually put pressure on the coaching staff and players to play better and harder.

:boohoo::boohoo::boohoo::boohoo::boohoo::boohoo::boohoo:

Kiyaman

Legend
Good post. I agree. Hill showed potential, in his limited playing time with the Knicks. His post up game and rebounding was good, for only getting 10 minutes per game. He looked better on the court than Jeffries, so I don't get why Dyke M'Anphony refused to give him playing time.

Too bad D'Anphony and Walsh didn't give him a chance. There's a reason why the Rockets wanted Hill. I doubt it was because they thought he was a bust.

abcd....how come it is so hard for some Knick-Fans and members to understand the factor of trading our 8th Lottery Pick?
Especially when the 8th pick is the player to actually fill-in the "BIG-HOLE" from lastseason frontcourt and this season frontcourt.

Jordan Hill became one of the top-10 picks in the 2009 draft from his defensive prowness of athleticism (100% pure hustle) in the paint at Arizona.
Another Varegao, Noah, Oakley, Rodman, PF-players known for their high IQ of controlling the paint area and boards, not offensive scoring.

It would've been cheaper giving 6.10 Rookie Jordan Hill 24 minutes of playingtime in a line-up of 6.9 Lee and 6.9 Harrington so the two veteran players could develope the rookie to do all the things they are not going to do as expiring-contract players.
It makes so much (logical) sense now on why Damntoni put so many Knick players in his "DNP" dog-house early in the season.....Knick-players had to be pissed-off to where they had to had curse Dantoni out several times for putting weak a*** Gallo in as the PF rather than somebody that will mix it up in the paint like rookie PF-Jordan Hill (alongside of David Lee, simular to Lee & Zach in the paint but with DEFENSE).

If we still had C-Patrick Ewing, which player would take a big load of pressure off of Ewing in the paint-area on offense & defense?
6.10 PF-Hill? :peace: :thumbsup:
OR
6.10 PF-Gallo? :crossfingers: :smokin:

GetRealistic

Starter

If we still had C-Patrick Ewing, which player would take a big load of pressure off of Ewing in the paint-area on offense & defense?
6.10 PF-Hill? :peace: :thumbsup:
OR
6.10 PF-Gallo? :crossfingers: :smokin:

Yea and if i win the powerball i'll be a millionaire... WTF are you talking about dude.

I'm fairly certain nobody wanted to trade Jordan Hill, but we had to trade him. In order to clear JJ's salary the deal had to be made. All season we had threads complaining that Donnie Walsh needs to do something and trade JJ or Curry and then he goes out there and does it and in the process of making the deadline trades he adds a few players that would be nice rotation players in the future in Rodriguez and Walker.

Trading Hill was a risk but it's definately a high risk high reward risk. If we don't land any of the free agents it's a bad trade but i for one won't second guess it because in order to have a seat at the free agent table this summer the deal had to be made.

Jordan Hill may very well devolop into a nice rotation player but he's fair from a player that will put a team over the top. It comes down to do you want to slowly build a team that may be an 8th seed or go for broke and hit the jackpot this offseason and contend for titleS. Maybe some people would take mediocracy since we've been so bad lately but i'm somebody who wants greatness and in order to be great we need to have money to spend and now we do.

This team has been cap strapped since the summer of 97 when we got Childs, Houston, and LJ.. Now for the first time in 13 years we have cap flexibility and we can finally improve yet some people are complaining about Jordan Hill. Seriously Jordan Hill?

And Kiya go do some research... Hill was never a dominate defender at Zona. he got blocks because he's a 7 footer but he played half assed defense and was consistantly in foul trouble against the better teams.