With the final proposal, are the knicks better with or without Melo? Make your call

Are we better with melo? or without?

• Better fa sho!

Votes: 18 66.7%
  • Nah, Raygov Wilsonari > Melo

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • We get out of the second round in the playoffs with melo

Votes: 4 14.8%

• Total voters

Toons

is the Bo$$
"The Nuggets appear to be closing in on a deal to trade star forward Carmelo Anthony to the New York Knicks.

The teams talked through the weekend and are working out the final details of what would be a blockbuster trade. NBA commissioner David Stern did not want a major trade announced on the day of the All-Star Game.
While final details were still being negotiated, the latest trade offer includes New York sending guard Raymond Felton, forwards Wilson Chand-ler and Danilo Gallinari, centers Timofey Mozgov and Eddy Curry and a first-round draft pick to the Nuggets for Anthony, Chauncey Billups, Shelden Williams and Anthony Carter or Renaldo Balkman, according to NBA sources.
"I said I hoped to have a word by today, one way or another," Anthony said Sunday after the All-Star Game at the Staples Center. "I've been up early dealing with this and all the festivities, but the night is still young on this side (of the country)."

Billups
Fields
Melo
Amare
Turiaf/Williams

felton
fields
gallo
amare
turiaf/mozgov

I VOTE, WE ARE BETTER WITH MELO.....DUH!

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
I gotta agree, as much as I hate giving Denver everyone, we would be good with Melo. But at this Point with everything I couldnt careless if we get Carmelo or not

iSaYughh

Starter
I tentatively vote YES, but (crosspost):

But this is some bullshit. And I don't blame Melo.

We should have taken it on ourselves to be the biggest mensch in this situation.

Melo doesn't "deserve" shit, really. Coming to MSG, joining a contender, and being worth 150M and god knows what else in future endorsements...That is what we could have offered him, and if he doesn't think he deserves that....well, shit outta luck son, have fun in a NJ basement and look at your bank account after ever lame season loss and get a therapist to make you feel better about it.

I personally don't think he'd do this. He would come here, regardless of not getting his "dream" desire. Because we still offer the dream, the best dream, even if it's not sating his every whim.

This is us bending over, desperation style, cloying for him. Weakness, crumpled solidity, desperation, internal conflict...this infiltrated our negotiations and front office. Surprise surprise.

It's not that is trade isn't better for our franchise (I think it is), or that Melo won't be tremendous (I think he will be).

But the loss of respect, trust, and dignity it represents. And the loss of a much shrewder, superior plan. Which still included Melo.

Finally, this bodes horribly for us ever actually winning a chip, IMHO. Especially if Walsh now goes. This isn't going to make us mint. And the way we went about this, in the end, shouldn't inspire confidence in anyone that we make the necessary future moves to actually be a legit contender in this day's NBA.

tiger0330

Legend
Billups better not beef about coming to NY. He can still ball, better than Ray, it's all on him. By himself Melo is not worth all these guys, Denver got a very good deal.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
The Knicks are better with 'Melo.

But they could be better if they worked out a better deal for him.

In the end, I'm sure they'll find a way to make it work.

KBlack25

Starter
Better in the immediate with Melo, hopefully they can flip Billups for someone.

But the Knicks could have worked out a deal where they gave up less, we were bidding against ourselves.

Oldtimer

Rotation player
Mozgov?

When did Mozgov become part of the deal?

Without Mozgov, one could argue that even if we got Melo as a free agent we would have to give up Chandler because of his cap hold and that, therefore, were were essentially trading Melo for Gallinari and Billups for Felton. I have never been a Felton fan -- he shoots too much, and not that well, for a point guard. Even though I really like Gallinari and will be disappointed to see him go, Melo is plainly an upgrade at SF.

The down side is that Melo and Amar'e shoot a lot, and need the ball. Melo, particularly, is a ball movement stopper. And neither plays much defense. Moreover, Melo's and Amar'e's contracts will soon be over a combined $40M per year. We are going to have real cap problems going forward.

If Mozgov is added to the trade, this is an Isiah like move. I do not like it. I would have preferred to just wait and I would not really care if Melo went to the Nets. I enjoy watching a developing "team." I do not believe that Melo is going to make us an elite team.

I expect the trade to happen, but I cannot believe that Mozgov will be added to Gallinari, Chandler and Felton. With the max contracts for Amar'e and Melo and an expected reduction in cap space uner a new CBA, I do not see cap room for any third "star."

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
I want Balkman!

I'm right there with you.

Balkman will get less minutes than AR did.

I think this deal is done by 8:00 tonight and we keep moz.
:crossfingers:

Billups better not beef about coming to NY. He can still ball, better than Ray, it's all on him. By himself Melo is not worth all these guys, Denver got a very good deal.

I don't think Billups will beef. He said he has 3 years left in him at Xmas.

Better in the immediate with Melo, hopefully they can flip Billups for someone.

But the Knicks could have worked out a deal where they gave up less, we were bidding against ourselves.

Yep. It took the Shaman of Shitheads to step in and suck all the wrong weiners.

jamesdolan050321_1_175.jpg

Smell my finger....That's pure Zeke.

You might be right on Balkman.. Unfortunately his lack of a 3pt shot will prevent him from playing.. or even a consistent mid for that matter..He's a spark plug on defense tho

clumsy

Rotation player
i'd want birdman too....but ya it does make a better team in the long run. This move won't really help us this year however.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
So that's what this is about? A few more wins? Gut the team for a few more wins? We will still be a 6th seed, 1st round playoff exit. So not much different.

This is supposed to be about getting a championship. We will not be championship contenders with this deal. And we will not have the space or assets to build a contender. Mark my words. This will bite us in the ass eventually. When the new CBA comes out and there is a lower cap and no MLE, don't start complaining when we're stuck with Melo, Amare, no Center, no PG, and only minimum salary scrubs to fill the roster.

Yet, if Melo waits until the summer, we're championship contenders next year. Sadly noone sees the big picture. Just a few more wins is all that matters. I would be just as happy losing in the playoffs without Melo as I would with. Actually probably more happy without.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
So that's what this is about? A few more wins? Gut the team for a few more wins? We will still be a 6th seed, 1st round playoff exit. So not much different.

This is supposed to be about getting a championship. We will not be championship contenders with this deal. And we will not have the space or assets to build a contender. Mark my words. This will bite us in the ass eventually. When the new CBA comes out and there is a lower cap and no MLE, don't start complaining when we're stuck with Melo, Amare, no Center, no PG, and only minimum salary scrubs to fill the roster.

Yet, if Melo waits until the summer, we're championship contenders next year. Sadly noone sees the big picture. Just a few more wins is all that matters. I would be just as happy losing in the playoffs without Melo as I would with. Actually probably more happy without.

Melo waiting to the summer is not an option. Stop repeating this as if the Knicks somehow think it is an option but rather trade form him. Melo will go to NJ if we fail to get him or he will sign with Denver. There is too much on the table with the looming CBA for him to gamble in FA. Further he wants to end all the media nonsense and get back to playing ball and has no desire to keep the speculation and frenzy going for another 6 months.

clumsy

Rotation player
there will be a dearth of veterans that would love to play with 2 superstars for cheap.

Miami has a ton of players making way less than they should.

Kiyaman

Legend
The Knicks are better this season without Melo....

The Knicks have done a fairly well (great-job) with their new players meshing together. The brewing chemistry of young-players Douglas, Fields, Gallo, Chandler, and Turiaf on offense/defense has been a rewarding performance from a group of outstanding role-players in their first season together.
Over 80% of the mistakes and flaws we seen early in the season from this group of role-players has dissapeared from their team performance.

Should this group of high velocity role-players be given a 2nd-season to improve their team-chemistry for next season?
The Knicks been lacking a defensive presence in the paint to stop oponents from scoring in the paint. Does adding Melo fix this problem?
The Knicks been getting outrebounded all season by oponents. does adding Carmelo help this problem? when our SG rookie Landry Fields average more rebounds than Carmelo.

Amare is the Knicks high scoring Foward, does the Knicks need another high scoring foward or a high scoring Guard?
If u had the choice of trading Eddy Curry contract on the deadline for SF-Melo or SG-Ellis to add to the Knicks, which player would be your choice???

P.S. Douglas & Fields defensive pressure backing-up Felton & Ellis would be the start of a dynamic 4-Guard backcourt rotation.
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
:smokin: :gony: :smokin: