Legend
Will someone please explain this move?
We had no success with all the top-name coaches/players
in the last decade.
Amare is just a top-name in the FA market
The Phoenix Suns spent big $$$ on getting "SHAQ"
to help Amare in the paint when they foolishly traded
K.Thomas (Damntoni doing).
Amare will not bring us Lebron or Wade, that is a fact.

We suppose to start little to become big selecting tradeable FA.
We couldve resigned David Lee for 6 yrs for $72M
plus offer Boozer a 5 yrs at $65M
Resigning project D.League Earl Barron for 4 yrs at $7M
Which would only cost us $22M out of the $34M+ leaving us
money to sign some more decent FA
PG-Luke Ridnor or Alston/SG-Salmon or T-Mac/F-Tyrus Thomas/C-Haywood

Spending cash like that on Amare who talents "NEEDS" a bigman player
like David Lee/or Bosh/or Boozer in the lineup for Amare to be able
to excell consistently in the Eastern Conference.
This will become a huge setback for the Knicks if Amare accepts
the $100M offer. :teeth:
It was not hard to notice in the Playoffs the big-role the
Phoenix Suns 3-bigmen players Frye/Lopez/Amundson added
to the Suns rotation to have a winning season (defense).
We do not have bigmen players to do all the things Amare like in,
nor do we have a MVP PG-Nash system Amare knows so well,
or a strong leadership coach/player Grant Hill.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
David Lee and Carlos Boozer in the same lineup?

Do you WANT Dwight Howard to set a record for points in the paint for a single game?

mafra

Legend
"Amare will not bring us Lebron or Wade, that is a fact."

This statement may be true. But we'll at least know we tried. I mean, it would be easy for LJ and Wade to claim they chose to pass on NY's offer b/c they were concerned about our roster. That excuse wont fly now.

Gettign Amar'e to sign aboard was the final recruiting pitch. It gives us our best fighting chance. If they say NO now, then they never intended on playing here, and at least we'll know we tried and never look back thinking WHAT IF?

Amar'e Stoudemire is the #3 free agent in this year's FA class. We wanted 2 of the top dawgs.... we ensured that we at least got one.

He is the best big on the market.

He is better than Boozer, Bosh and Lee.

The Knicks aren't finished. We will get some talent around him. He will also help our young players improve, he's ready and willing to be THE MAN and have this HIS TEAM. He has the toughness to handle NY, and the media-scrutiny-pressure. PLUS he wants to be in NY.

Why not sign him?

By the way....

"We couldve resigned David Lee for 6 yrs for $72M
plus offer Boozer a 5 yrs at $65M "

We could sign Amar'e and S-&-T Lee for Jefferson.

Amar'e + Jefferson >>> Lee + Boozer

Kiyaman

Legend
David Lee and Carlos Boozer in the same lineup?

Do you WANT Dwight Howard to set a record for points in the paint for a single game?

Lee & Boozer perform extremely well in both uptempo and Halfcourt settings
D.Howard cant do that, plus D.Howard would get into foul trouble trying to defend both Lee/Boozer quicker than just defending Amare.

This thread is about Amare getting $100M for 5 years
when we could have Lee & Boozer for $120M for 5 years.
Do the math.
What about Amare vs D.Howard???

Red

TYPE-A
Is this contagious?

in the last decade.

More Like...

Would someone explain your inability to make sense. or your inability to STOP LIVING IN THE PAST? What top name FA's or Coaches? Larry Brown, Lenny Wilkins?:shrug:

Now us explaining a move should have something to do with your opinion of all the "top-name coaches/players"?

Figure it out!

Nope... that's your opinion. Whether it was D'Ants doing or not. Your multiple issues here, which obviously include Anti-D'Antoni-ism, Pro-Kurt Thomas-ism, and reluctance to accept the circumstance has me wondering...

what team do you root for again? And why the f*ck do you care what happened in PHX?

Try...

I think we should have started small by signing more affordable, and what I feel are tradable FA's.

How about we give the players we want priority and deal with the "affordable smaller" FA's later, as to make sure the other teams who demand the same players don't get them first.

Make sense? (I bet not)

:pong:

We could've and can do many things. Why waste your time?

and put together a laughable roster. SMH! :whack:

Finally, I read this...

and this is the coup de grace...

I'll highlight for demonstrative purposes:

like David Lee
/or Bosh/or Boozer in the lineup for Amare to be able

Now you know what Amar'e needs to excel in the East? After making a statement like that about Lee being a big like Amar'e needs?

Amar'e was so successful due to Frye/Lopez etc...? :whack:

he's been successful.

"We do not have bigmen players to do all the things Amare like in"

this sh*t gets me mad. First, please pay attention to how you write and what you are trying to say- it makes no sense! Two, aren't we in a position to offer contracts and improve our team, and isn't Amar'e a big?

Please act like it. Please act like you were at least partially coherent during those years you persistently mention.

Please either go to school, or STFU with this garbage. I can respect different opinions, what I can't respect is senseless drivel.

Stop wasting our time. If you don't like what we are doing,

Leave!

Kiyaman

Legend
He is the best big on the market.

He is better than Boozer, Bosh and Lee.

That is very opinionated all around the league.

The Knicks aren't finished. We will get some talent around him. He will also help our young players improve, he's ready and willing to be THE MAN and have this HIS TEAM. He has the toughness to handle NY, and the media-scrutiny-pressure. PLUS he wants to be in NY.

Amare is not known for improving his own talent during the offseason
so there is no reference he will improve younger players.
Amare could not handle losing streaks in Phoenix,
so he will crumble at the boo's in MSG before the media get to attack him.
Paying Amare $100M with little to no bigman help in the rotation in the Eastern Conference (Amare=Brand).....who will the MSG Fans start booing after 3 straight loses???

When F/C-KG came to the Eastern Conference how many bigmen centers and PF was in the Celtics regular rotation with KG his first season?
Perkins, Powe, Brown, Scalibrine, and Big-Baby.

Kiyaman

Legend
[B said:
Red[/B];126806]More Like...

Figure it out!
Stop wasting our time. If you don't like what we are doing,

Leave!

I got one....Red feels he is better than me b/c he got a A+ in writing skillz, while I kept cuttin class to go fix his gurlfriend car for the little money he gave her and the big tip she gave giving head.
I'm a failure in life b/c Red woman like to swallow....:smokin:
u r better than me Red. I hope u feel good now.
Dont go home beating up your woman for this

Redneck....if u dont like my grammer or writing skills FUKK u
dont respond.
Every time u write some stupidshuuut
I never respond to any of your post/threads.

u have to be one 5.5 small minded racist fool to write what u just wrote.
Everyone in this country were not granted the same oportunity your stuckup special a... was granted. u had the privledge to learn to read/write/speak one lanquage perfectly. good 4 u MF...er
Some people had to learn to speak two/three lanquages in order to survive.
but your small minded stuckup ..... knows nothing of the other world accept what some book or your huge screen tell lie vision put forth to u

quiggle

Starter
the Knicks panicked, it's like when you're bidding or buying something that is one of a kind you're afraid someone else might scoop it up so you pay whatever it takes to secure it regardless of the price. then later on you regret it, of course.

I think it puts us in the position to attract top players back to MSG and build the franchise back up. LeBron might not come but I doubt we miss out on Melo in 2011. We will definitely be putting out a playoff caliber team at least this coming season. Stat is a player that guys want to play with.

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
2 thumbs up with this post... Amare is not worth that much money... and he is NOT the best big man in this FA class. What Amare does have is real good offensive skills and had an elite pg setting him up to be in a position to excel. Chris Bosh didn't have that elite pg, and he was still better offensively than Stoudemire, he also is a better rebounder by leaps and bounds... If bosh was in Phoenix his numbers would be better than they already are...

Anyhow, this looks like Walsh being lead blindly again by D'antoni. In a few years, I can predict all of those who like this purposed pick up, will put this contract in the same breath of the Gilbert Arenas contract. and people will be saying damn Amare is getting paid 25 million ...

p0nder

Starter
^Agreed with lilman. Bosh would have been the better guy to go after. I think D'antoni is trying to get his old team back together more then go after the FA's NY really needs. Amare, Joe Johnson, etc are people who played for him in the past and did well. I can't blame him for preferring to work with players that know his style and his system, i just think that there are better fit's in NY and better FA's then amare and JJ to throw our first max contract offers at.

That being said, Amare is a great PF and IF we can get the right C to play with him, he will be a huge part of the knicks playoff run. I still wish we had gone after Bosh with the same urgency and quickness we went for Amare. And I'm blaming D'ant, tho i'm not a D'ant hater.

Also to Red: I understand that it is difficult to follow Kiya's posts, but you must have realized well before now that English is not his first language. Heck, it might not even be his second language. I still manage to pick out his points from his posts regardless. The best we can do to help Kiya's writing skills is to write well ourselves. In the time I've been here I have actually noticed an improvement in the quality of his posts. Not that I agree with anything he is saying.

I understand Kiya's assertion of wanting to get our team to championship caliber the old fashion way. Go with cheaper, homegrown players, draft good prospects and work them out. Make sensible trades and improve slowly. However that has not worked in the last 25 years for the knicks. Not since Ewing was drafted have we got the right kind of development in our organization. We needed a major overhaul first in the front office (Mike D, Donnie Walsh) and then in personnel and payroll. But we are here now. By the end of the week we should know what kind of a team we are going to have in 2010 and I'll finally be able to go buy a knicks jersey with confidence for the first time in 10 years.

NYKnuniversity

Benchwarmer
Lee & Boozer perform extremely well in both uptempo and Halfcourt settings
D.Howard cant do that, plus D.Howard would get into foul trouble trying to defend both Lee/Boozer quicker than just defending Amare.

This thread is about Amare getting $100M for 5 years
when we could have Lee & Boozer for $120M for 5 years.
Do the math.
What about Amare vs D.Howard???
This is coming from the guy who will never stop complaining about playing players out of position. SMH. After complaining about David Lee as our center all year, you want to go right back and make a 65 million dollar investment into SECURING LEE AS OUR CENTER FOR THE NEXT 4 OR 5 YEARS!

You are absolutely moronic! Each post gets more and more contradictory and idiotic.

There are so many things wrong with all of your points.

Amare is not known for improving during the offseason.

Really? His General Manager during his ENTIRE tenure as a Sun seems to have a different OPINION than you do.

From Kerr:
The thing I love about Amar'e is that he wants to be great and he works at it. He's a competitor and he wants to be a star."

That's funny. The ONE thing that Kerr chose to say about Amare is that he WORKS hard at being great.

Let's continue with more from Kerr:
But he's improved. He's still not a great defender and he knows that. But he's tried to get better. I think he's learned and grown. He's matured a lot, and we had a good, stable environment for him here...

Hmm...seems as if Kerr is raving about his desire to get better and improve. Are you so sure that he isn't known for his offseason work?

Spending cash like that on Amare who talents "NEEDS" a bigman player like David Lee/or Bosh/or Boozer in the lineup for Amare to be able
to excell consistently in the Eastern Conference

What? Why would we spend even more money to secure David Lee out of position? Talk about a waste of money...And since when does Amare NEED a player who plays THE SAME POSITION AS HIM to thrive? IT MAKES NO ****ING SENSE!!! Your points MAKE NO SENSE! You complain about SPENDING yet you want to spend MORE on additional players that play the same positions. The premise of most of your arguments on this site starts with players playing out of position, yet now you ENDORSE IT!!

I'm seriously tired of your shit posts. Whenever you respond it never makes sense either. Just please stop embarrassing everyone on this site with your bullshit posts that seem to always contest against the Knick's every move...Mind as well not even be a fan the way you analyze the Knick's every move so negatively.

Paul1355

All Star
in the last decade.

like David Lee/or Bosh/or Boozer in the lineup for Amare to be able
Amare can be an athletic Center if need be, but odds are he will replace Lee at PF.

What is good about Amare is that he more athletic and explosive than Lee is and Amare was awesome playing under Mike D.

One big thing, Kiya, is that Amare can be the main reason we sign a big free agent this summer.

Kiyaman

Legend
This is coming from the guy who will never stop complaining about playing players out of position. SMH.

Talk about a waste of money...And since when does Amare NEED a player who plays THE SAME POSITION AS HIM to thrive? .
:boohoo::boohoo::boohoo:

I hate when ignorant people like u always keep responding to my threads or post. Just in case u dont know
NYKuniversity.... u r ignorant to NBA Basketball.

Milsap & Boozer did a great job for a missing Okur in the Playoffs.
In 2005 the Knicks drafted two players at the same position Frye (outside) & Lee (inside).

The Knicks are really FUKKed-up now paying Amare $100M for 5 years.
Desperation move....Walsh & Dantoni is FUKKKing up this Knick team worst than Isiah and Layden.

In 2003-4, SG-Joe Johnson, SF-Marion, PF-Amare, and coach Dantoni had a 29 win season.
Start thinking "Steve Nash! Steve Nash! Steve Nash! SYSTEM!"

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
This is a tad off topic, but JJ gets $119 million, STAT gets $100 million, and your telling me that Carlos "show me the money" Boozer is going to accept $65 million???? I think not.

Lee for 72 seems accurate but Boozer would demand $85 million+

NYKnuniversity

Benchwarmer
:boohoo::boohoo::boohoo:

I hate when ignorant people like u always keep responding to my threads or post. Just in case u dont know
NYKuniversity.... u r ignorant to NBA Basketball.

Milsap & Boozer did a great job for a missing Okur in the Playoffs.
In 2005 the Knicks drafted two players at the same position Frye (outside) & Lee (inside).

The Knicks are really FUKKed-up now paying Amare $100M for 5 years.
Desperation move....Walsh & Dantoni is FUKKKing up this Knick team worst than Isiah and Layden.

In 2003-4, SG-Joe Johnson, SF-Marion, PF-Amare, and coach Dantoni had a 29 win season.
Start thinking "Steve Nash! Steve Nash! Steve Nash! SYSTEM!"
Am I surprised you had no facts in your post?

Of course you can't put together any kind of real sentence so you say " U r ignorant". Way to highlight you're own faults dickhead.

Boozer and Millsap did a nice job? Really? How come they exited in the 2nd round due to a size manhandling? Oh yeah...because Millsap plays 26 minutes a game OFF THE BENCH and Fysenko was the starting C!!! Boozer or Millsap was not the C when they played without Okur...so that's ruled completely invalid, backed by ACTUAL FACTS

And before the 2010-2011 season has even started, you are already stating (with your usual horrible grammar) that D'Antoni and Walsh is (really?...it's simple subject verb agreement. Did you graduate "hi sk00l" buddy??) "fukking" up this Knicks team. What Knicks team? So far we are at a total of 5 or 6 players under contract for next year...that's half of our team that will be on the court in 2010-2011. Once all the dominoes fall it would be fair to pass judgement. However, you just are looking for ways to criticize D'Antoni as usual.

I don't even know how to respond to your last point, considering it had no clear direction. You can say grammar doesn't matter, but your point doesn't even have a subject for me to respond to...

By my inference (which means a judgement call :] ), I would respond to your point by saying a combination of Parker, Gallo, and Stat OR a combination of LeBron, Gallo, and Stat > Nash, Johnson, and an immature Amare.

I don't know where your basis of "ignorant" came from, but it would be the perfect word to describe you. Nothing you say is backed by any facts, just your opinions that are not even half way respectable at this stage. You judge BEFORE things happen, and go on tirades about D'Antoni when it's not even applicable to this situation. Get a ****ing clue you moron.

goldenchild1688

Benchwarmer
sorry but the points you made in this thread is laughable

amare is a talented player but the only point you made i agree with is we did overpay. we did something that is and has become common in free agency. we had to get some sort of a impact player. look at the contract joe johnson and rudy gay got.

NYKnuniversity

Benchwarmer
sorry but the points you made in this thread is laughable

amare is a talented player but the only point you made i agree with is we did overpay. we did something that is and has become common in free agency. we had to get some sort of a impact player. look at the contract joe johnson and rudy gay got.
Who is this post directed toward?