Blow it the F*CK up! Official Trade Thread

metrocard

Legend
Post all your trade ideas here...discuss, debate, go to war whatever. Anyone's plan at this point is better than what Isiah has going on right here.

Our goals and task

Doing whatever Isiah forgot to do, and not doing what Isiah did that has put this team in jeopardy.
-Trading away draft picks
-Trading expiring contracts
-Trading for ex-all stars
-Trading for losing players
-Trading for players who play as individuals with no concept of team b-ball
-Signing and using the MLE on useless bench scrubs to lengthy ugly contracts
-Ignoring the cap
-Firing coaches constantly
-Making frequent trades/signings on a monthly basis
-No sense of direction

Lets break it down who on this team is a keeper and a goner.

Keepers
-Cheap contract
-Youthful player that plays with energy, can follow the team ball concept

Knick Keepers
Renaldo Balkman
David Lee
Robinson
Chandler
Collins
Morris

Goners are usually guys with ugly contracts that play as individuals or just don't play with any intensity on defense, are out of shape, and don't produce to what they're getting paid. We want to GET rid of these guys because they've shown as KNICKS they're not capable of winning, and they've shown in their past TEAMS they're not capable of winning. This goes for the following:

Crawford
Curry
Randolph
Marbury
Richardson

In my opinion, the worst starting 5 in the NBA. Curry, Randolph and Richardson is the most out of shape front court in the NBA and Crawford and Marbury is the most dysfunctional back court in the NBA. We just need to MOVE on quickly as possible away from these guys. They're all obviously very talented, but its almost profoundly RETARDED to have them together on the same team, or just even have one of them period. These aren't guys you want on your team if you want to start winning. If you want a 20 and 10 player, a cross over, or 8 assist or points in the paint; sure pick up these guys. But those things don't equal winning games, just playing as individuals and playing the poorest way possible as teammates. I know I've supported Marbury and you guys may be surprised to see me have Marbury on this list. I'm going to still stand by what I said and I will state this: Marbury is the best option out of these 5 guys. He has 1 left on his contract, he's still in amazing shape at 30 years old, and he's still capable of producing 18 and 8 in a more pass orientated offense. I strongly believe and totally understand Marbury should be the last of these 5 we should move because of how much cap relief he will give us and what he's capable of doing on the court.

The others, I will label as scrubs. It would be a gift to us if we somehow get rid of them
Jefferies
Rose
James

I won't put a lot of input in these guys. You guys know the deal with them.

A special category goes to Freddy Jones. He's an endangered species in the Isiah Thomas era; an expiring contract. Hopefully Freddy Jones can make it through the Isiah Thomas and expire peacefully.

So lets begin.

Our weakness link is Crawford

Crawford for

Dooling
Garrity

Why for us? Expiring contract, Dooling plays intense defense, Garrity is a 3pt option

Why for Orlando? They could Crawford either off the bench or as a starter.

Jefferies

for

Brown

Why for us? Two expiring contracts

Why for Cleveland? Jefferies defense can actually be used as an asset and he would compliment the back up SF well for Cleveland.

Crawford

for

Lue
Wright
1st rounder

Why for us? Expiring contracts, first rounder

Why for the Hawks? They finally get a PG and have a big run and gun line up in Crawford/Johnson/Smith/Williams/Horford

Crawford
Curry

for
Ratcliff
Doleac
Green
Telfair
1st rounder

Why for us? Two expiring contracts, dump two weak links, get two young prospects, get a first rounder

Why for the T'Wolves? They need offensive players to compliment Foye, Brewer and Jefferson. Foye/Crawford/Brewer/Jefferson/Curry.

Trades that can get rid of Randolph

Randolph
Jefferies

for

Jamison

Why for us?
Jamison is a HUGE expiring contract, HUGE. We drop a goner and a scrub all in one shot. Plus Jamison isn't a bad player, but not for the future.

Why for them?
Washington sees a lot of future in Andray Blachte who's already producing solid numbers and is still relatively young. They lack a post scorer which is needed in the playoffs, they can't rely on jump shooters all the time. Arenas and Randolph would both help each other as they both play inside and out, taking pressure off one another.

blah, you get the idea.

Moz106

Benchwarmer
Lets break it down who on this team is a keeper and a goner.

Keepers
-Cheap contract
-Youthful player that plays with energy, can follow the team ball concept

Knick Keepers
Renaldo Balkman
David Lee
Robinson
Chandler
Collins
Morris

Freddy Jones shud be included in your list, i mean I looked at both the nets and sixers game and im most impressed wit him, he's a Larry Brown kind of player..My trade idea wud be:

Knicks trade:
Jared Jeffries
2nd rd draft pick

Portland trades:
Joel Pryzbilla

I'd start pryzbilla and bench Curry and cut jerome james, we get our front court defense upgraded with a shot blocker, MSGKnickz33 i wanna see your thoughts on dis homie....

Last edited:

nixon7

Benchwarmer
Play Morris and Chandler

Nothing wrong with any of the trade scenarios, but before I made a trade for anyone, I would try playing both Morris and Chandler, as well as increasing the minutes of hustle players like Lee, Balkman, Jones, Robinson, and Collins.

Reward hustle and hard work over alledged talent. Plain and simple. That is how you get everyone playing hard. Then you can reward talent. Until then, talent gets you nothing.

Trading one set of sociopaths with guaranteed money for another set is no solution. I would like to see everyone get the same guaranteed money, with performance bonuses making up the bulk of contracts.

mArBuRyIsAmOrOn

Benchwarmer
The Only Solution is ...

Here's the only solution, otherwise you're all just pissing in the wind ...

Get rid of:

• Every single person brought in by Isiah Thomas
  • Isiah Thomas
  • James Dolan
  • Cablevision

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
You guys know if Isiahs plan worked this team would have been a 70+ win team. It started all in the beginning. But that 70 plus winning dream has turned into a possiblity for a 1st pick in the 08 draft. To save Isiah I think he has one more move to save the Knicks and his stay as a GM and coach.

metrocard

Legend
Successful Trade Scenario
Congratulations on a successful trade.

Due to New York and L.A. Lakers being over the cap, the 25% trade rule is invoked. New York and L.A. Lakers had to be no more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

Knicks trade
Eddy Curry
Zach Randolph

Lakers trade
Kwame Brown
Lamar Odom​

Lamar expires the same year as Marbury....Kwame is an expiring contract. We get away of two negative players in one move, a huge leap to future. The tough thing about this deal is if Lakers would like Curry, especially since they're winning or how would Randolph fit in the triangle.

Now we have Jefferies, Richardson, Crawford, and James contracts to deal with....let me see these scenario

Due to New York and Denver being over the cap, the 25% trade rule is invoked. New York and Denver had to be no more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

Nuggets trade
Najera
JR Smith

Knicks trade
Jamal Crawford​

Denver could use Crawford in their high tempo chucking system, JR Smith has been inconsistant for them and Klieza can take Najera's minutes and be more productive

For us, expiring contracts and we dump Crawford in the process.

Now we have Richardson, Jefferies, and James left....the problem with these guys they don't PRODUCE at all and are all undesirable. So this is going to be very tough...we'll have to throw in our young players if we want to get rid of these guys. My suggestion also would to be buy out Jerome James...he has 2 years left on his deal...just buy him out.

This one will probably hurt me, but I gotta be realistic about it of course...so hear me out on this.

Due to New York and New Jersey being over the cap, the 25% trade rule is invoked. New York and New Jersey had to be no more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

Nets trade
Boone
Collins
M. Williams

Knicks trade
Jefferies
Lee
Robinson​

We have to be mad real about this, no one wants Jefferies contract unless they get a nice piece in that deal....Lee is that piece, Nets finally get a PF who can really compliment their whole team immensely and get a shit load of rebounds since Nets can't shoot for shit. They also get some scoring at the point guard position which they seriously lack; Nate Robinson. They receive a bonified defensive wing player that can switch and guard multiple positions, beneficial for their playoff games.

For us, we get an expiring and two pretty good young players from Connecticut; a pass first PG in Williams and a banger in Boone. We just have to move on and look to the future and away from the destruction Isiah.

In my last deal..this is where I try to dump Richardson, Sacramento is desperate so I will take advantage

Knicks trade
Richardson
Chandler
future 2nd round pick
cash considerations

Kings trade
Artest
Garcia​

It'll be hard since Sacramento is trying to rebuild too...but I don't know, its just a scenario.

If I was GM, I would try to pull these deals....the line ups after these deals would probably look like:

Lakers
PG - Farmar/Crittenton
SG - Bryant/Vujacic
SF - Walton/Ariza
PF - Randolph/Radmonvic/Turiaf
C - Bynum/Curry/Mihm

Nuggets
PG - Iverson/Carter
SG - Diawara/Crawford
SF - Anthony/Kleiza
PF - Martin/Kleiza
C - Camby/Nene

Nets
PG - Kidd/Robinson
SG - Carter/Wright
SF - Jefferson/Nochbar
PF - Lee/Jefferies
C - Krstic/Williams

Kings
PG - Bibby/Beno
SG - Martin/Richardson
SF - Salmons/Chandler
PF - Moore/Thomas
C - Miller/Hawes

As your NEW New York Knicks...saved from Isiah's debacle and rape of the organization.

Year left off contracts
Williams - 2 years rookie contract
Collins - 2 years rookie contract
Balkman - 2 years rookie contract
Marbury - 1 year
Artest - 1 year
Odom - 1 year
Garcia - 1 year
Collins - 1 year
Malik Rose - 1 year
Brown - 0 year
Jones - 0 year
Najera - 0 year
Smith - 0 year
Morris - 0 year

We got 14 guys on the roster....we would have to waive two right? Well have options to do that

Bottom line; these moves are the best options for us, for our cap and our future as competitors in the NBA. These players aren't bad either, most of them play unselfish basketball and defense. From this roster, we can build around the draft..or hell see Williams develop into a star PG(He's capable of) or Balkman finally taking a starting's role...Garcia is a young growing player who can defend, pass, shoot and rebound.

New York Knicks
PG - Marbury/Williams
SG - Garcia/Smith/Jones
SF - Artest/Balkman/Najera
PF - Odom/Boone/Rose
C - Brown/Collins/Morris

Yo...I think about this...this shit is genius. Marbury, Artest and Odom is a TRIO...NYC to the max...plus we don't have to keep them for 3-4 more years if it doesn't work out.

paris401

Starter
good post, tho i think we are holding a very large (hefty) bag of shit... there will be very few takers once they open the bag, and get a wiff...

and... isiah is ...how do i say it.... mostly hated by his gm peers...

the knicks are drowning, and most of the gm's are throwing isiah a fuk-in anchor...

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac

Due to New York and L.A. Lakers being over the cap, the 25% trade rule is invoked. New York and L.A. Lakers had to be no more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

Knicks trade
Eddy Curry
Zach Randolph

Lakers trade
Kwame Brown
Lamar Odom​

Lamar expires the same year as Marbury....Kwame is an expiring contract. We get away of two negative players in one move, a huge leap to future. The tough thing about this deal is if Lakers would like Curry, especially since they're winning or how would Randolph fit in the triangle.

Now we have Jefferies, Richardson, Crawford, and James contracts to deal with....let me see these scenario

Due to New York and Denver being over the cap, the 25% trade rule is invoked. New York and Denver had to be no more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

Nuggets trade
Najera
JR Smith

Knicks trade
Jamal Crawford​

Denver could use Crawford in their high tempo chucking system, JR Smith has been inconsistant for them and Klieza can take Najera's minutes and be more productive

Now we have Richardson, Jefferies, and James left....the problem with these guys they don't PRODUCE at all and are all undesirable. So this is going to be very tough...we'll have to throw in our young players if we want to get rid of these guys. My suggestion also would to be buy out Jerome James...he has 2 years left on his deal...just buy him out.

This one will probably hurt me, but I gotta be realistic about it of course...so hear me out on this.

Due to New York and New Jersey being over the cap, the 25% trade rule is invoked. New York and New Jersey had to be no more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

Nets trade
Boone
Collins
M. Williams

Knicks trade
Jefferies
Lee
Robinson​

We have to be mad real about this, no one wants Jefferies contract unless they get a nice piece in that deal....Lee is that piece, Nets finally get a PF who can really compliment their whole team immensely and get a shit load of rebounds since Nets can't shoot for shit. They also get some scoring at the point guard position which they seriously lack; Nate Robinson. They receive a bonified defensive wing player that can switch and guard multiple positions, beneficial for their playoff games.

For us, we get an expiring and two pretty good young players from Connecticut; a pass first PG in Williams and a banger in Boone. We just have to move on and look to the future and away from the destruction Isiah.

In my last deal..this is where I try to dump Richardson, Sacramento is desperate so I will take advantage

Knicks trade
Richardson
Chandler
future 2nd round pick
cash considerations

Kings trade
Artest
Garcia​

It'll be hard since Sacramento is trying to rebuild too...but I don't know, its just a scenario.

If I was GM, I would try to pull these deals....the line ups after these deals would probably look like:

Lakers
PG - Farmar/Crittenton
SG - Bryant/Vujacic
SF - Walton/Ariza
C - Bynum/Curry/Mihm

Nuggets
PG - Iverson/Carter
SG - Diawara/Crawford
SF - Anthony/Kleiza
PF - Martin/Kleiza
C - Camby/Nene

Nets
PG - Kidd/Robinson
SG - Carter/Wright
SF - Jefferson/Nochbar
PF - Lee/Jefferies
C - Krstic/Williams

Kings
PG - Bibby/Beno
SG - Martin/Richardson
SF - Salmons/Chandler
PF - Moore/Thomas
C - Miller/Hawes

As your NEW New York Knicks...saved from Isiah's debacle and rape of the organization.

Year left off contracts
Marbury - 1 year
Artest - 1 year
Odom - 1 year
Garcia - 1 year
Collins - 1 year
Malik Rose - 1 year
Brown - 0 year
Jones - 0 year
Najera - 0 year
Smith - 0 year
Morris - 0 year

We got 14 guys on the roster....we would have to waive two right? Well have options to do that

Bottom line; these moves are the best options for us, for our cap and our future as competitors in the NBA. These players aren't bad either, most of them play unselfish basketball and defense. From this roster, we can build around the draft..or hell see Williams develop into a star PG(He's capable of) or Balkman finally taking a starting's role...Garcia is a young growing player who can defend, pass, shoot and rebound.

New York Knicks
PG - Marbury/Williams
SG - Garcia/Smith/Jones
PF - Odom/Boone/Rose
C - Brown/Collins/Morris

Yo...I think about this...this shit is genius. Marbury, Artest and Odom is a TRIO...NYC to the max...plus we don't have to keep them for 3-4 more years if it doesn't work out.

On tha real Metro, you need to get a job as a GM. I know you wanna be a trainer, well maybe you can be a trainer/gm. Artest and Odom? Damn, I just got a boner (no homo). Well thats about as homo as it gets and I think all those teams would make those deals except maybe the Nuggets. JR Smith alone is better then Crawford, but players like Crawford are often overrated (at least by fans as seen on here) because of his fancy dribble moves and that one time where he had a good game last year against Miami.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Great post Metro! Some of these trade ideas would probably never happen but I like the idea of trading for expiring contracts and draft picks. We would hopefully get some good draft picks this year and next. Also, with this plan we would be under the cap by the end of the 08-09 season and would be able to go after serious All-Stars. I believe the '03 class (Lebron, Wade, Carmello, Bosh, etc) will be up for free agency then. This truly will be the only way the Knicks can win a championship. The first thing to do is to FIRE ISIAH THOMAS and bring in a real GM with proven team building experience (Collangelo, Jerry West, etc.).

GTKnicksFAN

Benchwarmer

Knicks trade
Eddy Curry
Zach Randolph

Lakers trade
Kwame Brown
Lamar Odom​

Nuggets trade
Najera
JR Smith

Knicks trade
Jamal Crawford​

Nets trade
Boone
Collins
M. Williams

Knicks trade
Jefferies
Lee
Robinson​

Knicks trade
Richardson
Chandler
future 2nd round pick
cash considerations

Kings trade
Artest
Garcia​

Lakers
PG - Farmar/Crittenton
SG - Bryant/Vujacic
SF - Walton/Ariza
C - Bynum/Curry/Mihm

Nuggets
PG - Iverson/Carter
SG - Diawara/Crawford
SF - Anthony/Kleiza
PF - Martin/Kleiza
C - Camby/Nene

Nets
PG - Kidd/Robinson
SG - Carter/Wright
SF - Jefferson/Nochbar
PF - Lee/Jefferies
C - Krstic/Williams

Kings
PG - Bibby/Beno
SG - Martin/Richardson
SF - Salmons/Chandler
PF - Moore/Thomas
C - Miller/Hawes

Year left off contracts
Marbury - 1 year
Artest - 1 year
Odom - 1 year
Garcia - 1 year
Collins - 1 year
Malik Rose - 1 year
Brown - 0 year
Jones - 0 year
Najera - 0 year
Smith - 0 year
Morris - 0 year

New York Knicks
PG - Marbury/Williams
SG - Garcia/Smith/Jones
PF - Odom/Boone/Rose
C - Brown/Collins/Morris

i wouldn't MIND this is I'd take Odom Over Lee ..AND seriously guys we have to stop being lee kiss asses!!!!

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
i wouldn't MIND this is I'd take Odom Over Lee ..AND seriously guys we have to stop being lee kiss asses!!!!

Some people on here do need to get off of Lees nuts and one more thing Metro, this might be the post of the year, top 5 at least. Im sure you got sum other posts thatd be up there but this was great, We need you as the Knicks GM.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
This is really what Thomas should have done. Trade for expiring contracts. That is the quickest way to rebuild a team. You can realistically knock off 30-40 million in two years time with the right key trades.

Untouchables: Lee/Balkman
Everyone else is on the block.

Our weakest positions are at the center and point. Every thing else is workable if you have solid point guard and center. We don't. No real chances of us getting a Tony Parker so we get a guard cheap and look for a defensive big man that can make second chance points. Expiring contracts are a major bonus.

*Curry/Crawford for Artest/Miller
*Jeffries/Robinson for Earl Watson/Delonte West

1st Unit

Watson
Richardson
Artest
Randolph
Miller

2nd Unit

West or Collins
Jones
Balkman
Lee

This is a series of conservative trades that bring us 4 solid starting defenders and two good point guard.

knicklover

Benchwarmer
This is the strategy that will get the job done several years out.

You guys can fill in the details.

Trade Randolph. I think he's a better all around player than Curry. But he has a bigger longer contract than Curry, we have Lee to step up in his place, and the experiment did not work. Curry is not complete, but he's an offensive force when the team works through him. It was a successful strategy last year. We played .500 ball for a long time until the injuries. We lost a lot of close games because of other glaring weaknesses that need to be corrected, not because of Curry. He's not the best center out there, but he's better than most if used properly and accompanied by someone that can offset his weaknesses.

Put Crawford on the bench or trade him. That way if he's hot he can be a spark and if not he can sit back down instead of throwing up 20 shots and missing 15.

Keep Marbury until his contract expires UNLESS we can somehow fill our major needs via a trade now for a young player/draft picks (needs to be highlighted later). When he's gone we will have a lot of cap room to fill the long term needs.

Either trade or bench Qrich.

Needs:

A SF that can shoot from the outside to replace Q Rich and open up the post better. That would give Curry an option to pass out to someone that can actually make a shot consistently when he's doubled or tripled.

A young PG that thinks team first, doesn't have any emotional baggage, and is in no way disruptive.

A SG that can knock down shots with some consistency.

The rest of the team is fine. There are role players, young players that might develop some more etc... The only untouchables besides Lee and Curry are Morris and Chandler and "maybe" Balkman because we need to see more.

We 100% don't want to do anything rash now that will make the team a little better now, further tie out hands for a few years, but without putting us over the top. We want to do this one step at a time with the goal of having a major contender "3 years from now" without worrying about making the playoffs this year. We can do this a combination of a lottery pick this year, an acquisition after Marbury's contract is gone, and a trade or two.

NYKnicks15

Starter
you guys need to be serious. not a lot of teams would take those trades. nor should we make them. i know being under the cap would be nice. but well never be under the cap enough to make it worth it. so in all reality were looking for a trade or therefore trades that would make sense for both teams and reasonable as well.

if that wasnt the case id trade randolph for Rasheed Wallace. Curry for Camby and James and Balkman for Artest.... but that would never happen.

I think solving the knicks is a couple moves from making this situation work though. REASONABLY.

Roster starts at.
Centers: Curry, James, Morris
PForwards: Randolph, Lee, Rose
SForwards: Jeffries, Balkman, Chandler
SGuards: Crawford, Richardson, Jones
PGuards: Marbury, Robinson, Collins

I think if we talked to MJ hed like a big man down below that dominates in scoring. I think hed actually bite on Eddy Curry. Not to say hed ever bite on a JC/Curry for Wallace/Okafor which would blow my mind BUT a Curry and Balkman for Okafor and Morrison might work for him. but who knows..

a sure fit one would be with Philly. I say this a lot. but in addressing the Knicks need we need a ROLE playing big man. that role being stand in the middle and block some damn shots. send Eddy Curry to Philly for Samuel Dalembert. SIMPLE AS THAT. no added pieces unlesss they bite on a Jerome James added offer with kevin ollie joining to lose some cap. but realistically lets say Curry for Dalembert.

Roster stands at.
Centers: Dalembert, James, Morris

then we go to Sacramento.. once again for a reasonable deal. Artest wants to be a knick. hell opt out anywhere else. so lets take him. granted in a to the point deal like the last we offer them NOT Malik Rose. but first Jerome James, Wilson Chandler and Mardy Collins. If they dont bite make it James and Balkman. If not that Richardson and Chandler. I think theyll actually take the James and Balkman deal out of those options. so that gives us

Roster stands at.
Centers: Dalembert, Morris
SForwards: Artest, Jeffries, Chandler

Id sit on that. see how that goes. if not well then we still have Randolph, Rose (expiring soon), JC, Q, Marbs, Collins, Chandler to play around with. perhaps even weezle Andre Miller in a deal that adds Marbs & Collins with Evans and Ollie. Id hope to see a Curry, Marbury, Collins for Dalembert, Miller, Evans and Ollie deal.

if i had it my way wed have Camby back. but for now Dalembert, Randolph, Lee, Artest, Jeffries, Crawford, Jones, Marbury, Robinson rotation works for me.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
we were a .500 club for exactly 1 game last year... we won the 1st game, lost the 2nd...never to see .500 again....

Knicks last year
December 1 6-12
March 18 30-36

From our 18th game to our 66th game, we played .500 ball. For those of you who cant add, thats 48 games.

You gotta see some of these point totals by Marbury:

March 2 = 34
March 3 = 38
March 6= 40
March 14= 31
March 26 = 32
March 30 = 43
April 4 = 30

Marbury was the man last year
Great offense+Defense+passing=Starbury, still top 10 Haters

Before anything, I hope he gets through the grieving process but after that I look forward to seein what he can do once he plays a couple of games, he really played like a star last year, thats real talk.

metrocard

Legend
you guys need to be serious. not a lot of teams would take those trades. nor should we make them. i know being under the cap would be nice. but well never be under the cap enough to make it worth it. so in all reality were looking for a trade or therefore trades that would make sense for both teams and reasonable as well.

if that wasnt the case id trade randolph for Rasheed Wallace. Curry for Camby and James and Balkman for Artest.... but that would never happen.

I think solving the knicks is a couple moves from making this situation work though. REASONABLY.

Roster starts at.
Centers: Curry, James, Morris

I think if we talked to MJ hed like a big man down below that dominates in scoring. I think hed actually bite on Eddy Curry. Not to say hed ever bite on a JC/Curry for Wallace/Okafor which would blow my mind BUT a Curry and Balkman for Okafor and Morrison might work for him. but who knows..

a sure fit one would be with Philly. I say this a lot. but in addressing the Knicks need we need a ROLE playing big man. that role being stand in the middle and block some damn shots. send Eddy Curry to Philly for Samuel Dalembert. SIMPLE AS THAT. no added pieces unlesss they bite on a Jerome James added offer with kevin ollie joining to lose some cap. but realistically lets say Curry for Dalembert.

Roster stands at.
Centers: Dalembert, James, Morris

then we go to Sacramento.. once again for a reasonable deal. Artest wants to be a knick. hell opt out anywhere else. so lets take him. granted in a to the point deal like the last we offer them NOT Malik Rose. but first Jerome James, Wilson Chandler and Mardy Collins. If they dont bite make it James and Balkman. If not that Richardson and Chandler. I think theyll actually take the James and Balkman deal out of those options. so that gives us

Roster stands at.
Centers: Dalembert, Morris
SForwards: Artest, Jeffries, Chandler

Id sit on that. see how that goes. if not well then we still have Randolph, Rose (expiring soon), JC, Q, Marbs, Collins, Chandler to play around with. perhaps even weezle Andre Miller in a deal that adds Marbs & Collins with Evans and Ollie. Id hope to see a Curry, Marbury, Collins for Dalembert, Miller, Evans and Ollie deal.

if i had it my way wed have Camby back. but for now Dalembert, Randolph, Lee, Artest, Jeffries, Crawford, Jones, Marbury, Robinson rotation works for me.

My team would destroy your team, on the court, capwise and in the future.

Having Crawford and Randolph still in the starting 5 = not the brightest idea.

Dalembert is Philly's only shot blocker and true center; I don't see why they would just give him straight up for an inferior center in Curry.

Plus these trades don't address much, we NEED to get under the CAP; its simple as that.

All your doing is continuing what Isiah did here. Just END it, understand it didn't work THEN, it doesn't work NOW, and it will never WORK.

I'm tiring of my team losing all these games so you guys can understand that.

GET UNDER THE CAP or nothing else. We can't have Crawford here if we want to progress and move on to the future and more success.

dre48ny

Rotation player
Knicks should wait until 2010

Let's be real, the knicks ain't winning anytime soon with our current roster. The spurs, suns, pistons, mavs, pistons,celtics and who knows maybe the warriors will be in good shape the next 3 years. I don't believe we can win a championship in 3 years. The knicks should not make anymore dumb trades like they have in the past, bringing in expensive long-term contracts. Let's wait until all these contracts expire and bring in the big boys. The knicks payroll for 2010 will be 28 million, what a difference from 90 million now. Chris Paul will be a free agent in 2010, Lebron James can opt out of his last year and so can Dwayne Wade. The Knicks must resign David Lee and keep the cheap contracts of Balkman, Chandler, and Collins. The rest of the roster will be filled by some veterans and hopefully quality draft picks from 2008, 2009, and 2010.
If the Knicks play their cards right they can have Chris Paul at the point guard, D Wade at shooting guard, Lebron at small forward, DLee at power forward, and hopefully they draft a defense oriented center that can block shots and rebound.
If the Celtics can have a big three, why not our beloved KNICKS!!

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
Let's be real, the knicks ain't winning anytime soon with our current roster. The spurs, suns, pistons, mavs, pistons,celtics and who knows maybe the warriors will be in good shape the next 3 years. I don't believe we can win a championship in 3 years. The knicks should not make anymore dumb trades like they have in the past, bringing in expensive long-term contracts. Let's wait until all these contracts expire and bring in the big boys. The knicks payroll for 2010 will be 28 million, what a difference from 90 million now. Chris Paul will be a free agent in 2010, Lebron James can opt out of his last year and so can Dwayne Wade. The Knicks must resign David Lee and keep the cheap contracts of Balkman, Chandler, and Collins. The rest of the roster will be filled by some veterans and hopefully quality draft picks from 2008, 2009, and 2010.
If the Knicks play their cards right they can have Chris Paul at the point guard, D Wade at shooting guard, Lebron at small forward, DLee at power forward, and hopefully they draft a defense oriented center that can block shots and rebound.
If the Celtics can have a big three, why not our beloved KNICKS!!

HEH HEH HEH, ummm there is a salary cap in the NBA, & all 3 of the guys you mentioned are max contract players... What a 1st post

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
My team would destroy your team, on the court, capwise and in the future.

Having Crawford and Randolph still in the starting 5 = not the brightest idea.

Dalembert is Philly's only shot blocker and true center; I don't see why they would just give him straight up for an inferior center in Curry.

Plus these trades don't address much, we NEED to get under the CAP; its simple as that.

All your doing is continuing what Isiah did here. Just END it, understand it didn't work THEN, it doesn't work NOW, and it will never WORK.

I'm tiring of my team losing all these games so you guys can understand that.

GET UNDER THE CAP or nothing else. We can't have Crawford here if we want to progress and move on to the future and more success.

No ones F*ckin with your idea of bringin more NYC here with Odom and Artest. We got Marbury goin to the hoop "Brooklyn Style" and Odom and Artest goin Queens style. And yo, Garcia can shoot. I think he just had a game winning 3 sumtime in the past week.

Keeping Crawford = retarded. If he is gonna stay, I dont mind him off the bench depending on what hes gettin paid. The best option is obviously to get rid of him.

Keeping Z-Bo = not as bad, but still retarded. Too selfish, probably wont change. Also, turnover prone, out of shape (chill on the Burger King).