KO.com: Ushering in a new era + FORTNIGHTLY BLOG IDEA

Which are you?

• Total voters

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
To all posters, new, old, and especially all of you guests that lurk about.

The site's moderators have been discussing how the Knicks' improvement will be the harness for the site's improvement. As the Knicks have now put together their most experienced and rounded squad since the late 90s, the excitement and anticipation generated by this will hopefully propel KO.com in to its zenith year, after nearly 10 years of operation.

As many of you are aware, Bleacher Report recently referred to the site as The Official Knicks Forum.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...2012-13/page/2

Huge exposure for KO. With the momentum on our side, it's only human/clever to be opportunistic in times like these.

☆ The purpose of this thread is to encourage all who use the site to bring in some new faces. Whether it be scouting, recruiting or whatever,

I, on occasion, check out PSD's Knicks board to bring in any new articles they have that we don't, to keep us up to date. I also take the opportunity to talk smack to some of the tools on there too. :lol:

After scouting their posters, I've already invited one individual, named DLeethal (as in David Lee), who is a good poster. I'm just about to send him the link for the site per his request, and think it can only be a good idea for us to usher him in nicely, and see if he'll bring along some fellow mutineers.

Get in to it, gents.

We have the credentials here on KO to bring it even more so to the forefront of online Knick fandom. Far less strict and far more fun. And, Rady has something up his sleeve for all of you, that will remain a secret until that time.

This thread isn't a plea for more contributors, it's us doing these potential contributors a favour, by showing them how good being a Knicks fan can be, and how we as a whole can elevate any individual's fandom.

If you know anyone, can entice anyone, whatever.

Do it for their sake, and in turn, do it for knicksonline.com.

There's now also talk of a fortnightly blog written by a KO member. If it gains enough popularity, it can be changed to a weekly blog.

Please tell us your thoughts on the idea.

Last edited:

p0nder

Starter
Honestly everyone I talk to here in Canada is a raptor's fan. I even approached some guys that were wearing Knicks gear. One guy had a David Lee Jersey so i figured he HAD to be a knicks fan. Nope, a raptors fan that found a Lee jersey for $20.

Another guy wearing a knicks summer league jersey, same ****ing bull****.

Like what the hell is wrong with people, wearing other teams gear like that? not reppin your team is a pile of **** if you ask me.

Of course, they could be knicks fans but just trying to deflect the heat that you get when you tell anyone in Canada your a Knicks fan.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
^

Haha..... Well, more power to you, Ponder. Hopefully we can find some new recruits that don't go for the Craptors. :lol: After getting Lowry for nothing, the Craps could have a decent season this year. Maybe even contest for 8th.

tkrieger

Benchwarmer
I'm coming to the reality that Rockets fans, at least the ones on Clutchfans.net, don't know much about basketball........ Lin plays his first game after surgery, has a mediocre game at best...... His vertical and lateral movement aren't there, Russ Westbrook made some shots over him, committed a few turnovers, and now the fans are all piling on him...........

I like the new Rockets team (I think they're going to surprise this season), but I miss the basketball discussion on this Knicks board.........

p0nder

Starter
What do u know aboot hockey, eh?

The NHL is currently involved in a Lockout much like last season for the NBA. Players have fled all across Europe to play. I suspect that there will be more Canadian Basketball fans then ever this year.

As a knicks fan they like to remind me that the raptors only playoff series win was against the Knicks. I like to remind them that is the only series they ever won.

Personally I am not a big hockey fan and the lockout could go on forever and I would love it. It would mean more coverage for Basketball and football and less talking heads yammering on about Sidney Crosby and his bull****.

Knicks4Life_1985

★The Floor General★
I have been doing this on and off since being a member of this board. Any Knicks fan I bump into in VA , WVA, MD , NC I get the a link. Most of them are lurkers they need to get with it, if you are reading this sign up!!!!

Also I use Twitter , Instagram , and all other social media to pimp the site. #Knickstape:gony:

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
I have been doing this on and off since being a member of this board. Any Knicks fan I bump into in VA , WVA, MD , NC I get the a link. Most of them are lurkers they need to get with it, if you are reading this sign up!!!!

Also I use Twitter , Instagram , and all other social media to pimp the site. #Knickstape:gony:

Everybody +1 this post.

Reactions: CA7

CA7

Scoring Champ
I'm coming to the reality that Rockets fans, at least the ones on Clutchfans.net, don't know much about basketball........ Lin plays his first game after surgery, has a mediocre game at best...... His vertical and lateral movement aren't there, Russ Westbrook made some shots over him, committed a few turnovers, and now the fans are all piling on him...........

I like the new Rockets team (I think they're going to surprise this season), but I miss the basketball discussion on this Knicks board.........

didnt I tell you to never come back Lin fan. we dont want your kind here

bye

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Alright fellas, it's time for my 2?:

- our website looks like it's designed in the early 90s, which means it needs a serious graphics update. I know rady is currently working on the forums design, but if we want to make KO a key player, our site has to be redeveloped and redesigned.
- we need regular beat writers, who'll cover all Knicks news on a daily basis, the latest news on our site come from the 2010 offseason...

Seriously folk, more visitors on our site = more new posters. Besides, there are some minor things like sig size we need to take care of.

smokes

Huge Member

- our website looks like it's designed in the early 90s, which means it needs a serious graphics update. I know rady is currently working on the forums design, but if we want to make KO a key player, our site has to be redeveloped and redesigned.
- we need regular beat writers, who'll cover all Knicks news on a daily basis, the latest news on our site come from the 2010 offseason...

Seriously folk, more visitors on our site = more new posters. Besides, there are some minor things like sig size we need to take care of.

You're right but these things cost time and money. If you want to turn Knicksonline from a community website into a full fledged Knicks resource and have regular writers that appeal to wide audiences that kinda stuff doesn't come free.

NYCLakerfan

Rotation player

This guys right this site is cool but it's not the best looking the Laker site I post at Lakernation from an aesthetic standpoint looks a lot better.

But Ive actually told a few ppl about this site since most of my friends and half my family are Knicks fans. My older brother who's a Knicks fan actually signed up but I don't think he's ever posted.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
This guys right this site is cool but it's not the best looking the Laker site I post at Lakernation from an aesthetic standpoint looks a lot better.

But Ive actually told a few ppl about this site since most of my friends and half my family are Knicks fans. My older brother who's a Knicks fan actually signed up but I don't think he's ever posted.

Can you find out his username please?

iSaYughh

Starter
You're right but these things cost time and money. If you want to turn Knicksonline from a community website into a full fledged Knicks resource and have regular writers that appeal to wide audiences that kinda stuff doesn't come free.

This is true. And I have no idea what Rady's skillset is when it comes to coding (I thought he was a programmer? But I got no idea....)

But, I think there are some free/cost-effective opportunities that would give the biggest boost to the forum, overall.

The biggest thing is what Rady has built the forum upon, and what the backend here looks like. Depending on what solution he initially used, there might be some free (or almost free) plug-ins and expansions that could be useful out of box....or help fulfill a larger task, and save the bulk of time/money.

My :2cents::

Have some regular KOL beat writers would be the illest. It would also help grow and really brand the KOL signature stroke: which is to say, the uniqueness of personalities within this community.

The same way Grantland owned and dominated a huge niche of sports writing bc the people behind the ideas had a unique style to the masses....so too does KOL possess this intrinsic distinction to other forums (and intrinsic opportunity).

There are half a dozen prime people I could rattle off top of my head for this.....

How are they "compensated"? It'll obviously be primarily about pride and sense of respect and accomplishment (plus performing work and achieving potential status that could be parlayed into future opportunities...).

But I also think these people could be given special avatars, as well as extra notoriety (their picture? name, etc) in the section where the writing would be getting stored and made public to people.

And on that note, the 2nd big thing I would personally prioritize....which would cost a little money and a lil time....a new design and implementation of this news/blogging/writing area.

Make it simple, intuitive (easy to find articles, and see past articles by given writers, eg), and also some basic features to foster community (users can leave comments on the articles and generate discussion...can neg or +1 opinion pieces, eg).

Rady obviously already has used and built off of a successful forum solution, so I have to imagine the leap to adding such features would be (relatively easy).

I have lots of connections in web design and programming (all located in Central Europe, so extremely competitive pricing too....not to mention many are close friends of mine). And also lots of experience in this area myself.

I'd be happy to offer any helping hands I can; even if it just helping out in brainstorming solutions and doing research into things (which may well yield results were many desirable thing could be accomplished for free, or almost free).

:gony:

edit -- one more note on the writers and how you get them to write.....personally, whenever I've took the time to create a big post and articulate a particular point of view, I'd have no problem (and might even prefer) if it were just as well made into a legit article/piece of writing. I'm sure many other posters, especially ones who take time to create well-thought out and constructed argumentations, feel the same.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
This is true. And I have no idea what Rady's skillset is when it comes to coding (I thought he was a programmer? But I got no idea....)

But, I think there are some free/cost-effective opportunities that would give the biggest boost to the forum, overall.

The biggest thing is what Rady has built the forum upon, and what the backend here looks like. Depending on what solution he initially used, there might be some free (or almost free) plug-ins and expansions that could be useful out of box....or help fulfill a larger task, and save the bulk of time/money.

Have some regular KOL beat writers would be the illest. It would also help grow and really brand the KOL signature stroke: which is to say, the uniqueness of personalities within this community.

The same way Grantland owned and dominated a huge niche of sports writing bc the people behind the ideas had a unique style to the masses....so too does KOL possess this intrinsic distinction to other forums (and intrinsic opportunity).

There are half a dozen prime people I could rattle off top of my head for this.....

How are they "compensated"? It'll obviously be primarily about pride and sense of respect and accomplishment (plus performing work and achieving potential status that could be parlayed into future opportunities...).

But I also think these people could be given special avatars, as well as extra notoriety (their picture? name, etc) in the section where the writing would be getting stored and made public to people.

And on that note, the 2nd big thing I would personally prioritize....which would cost a little money and a lil time....a new design and implementation of this news/blogging/writing area.

Make it simple, intuitive (easy to find articles, and see past articles by given writers, eg), and also some basic features to foster community (users can leave comments on the articles and generate discussion...can neg or +1 opinion pieces, eg).

Rady obviously already has used and built off of a successful forum solution, so I have to imagine the leap to adding such features would be (relatively easy).

I have lots of connections in web design and programming (all located in Central Europe, so extremely competitive pricing too....not to mention many are close friends of mine). And also lots of experience in this area myself.

I'd be happy to offer any helping hands I can; even if it just helping out in brainstorming solutions and doing research into things (which may well yield results were many desirable thing could be accomplished for free, or almost free).

edit -- one more note on the writers and how you get them to write.....personally, whenever I've took the time to create a big post and articulate a particular point of view, I'd have no problem (and might even prefer) if it were just as well made into a legit article/piece of writing. I'm sure many other posters, especially ones who take time to create well-thought out and constructed argumentations, feel the same.

I think you've proven right here just how capable a beat writer you could be. Awesome stuff, Zeke. You know I'd beat to your beat. :lol:

Any comments there, Rady?

iSaYughh

Starter
Crazy⑧s;249427 said:
I think you've proven right here just how capable a beat writer you could be. Awesome stuff, Zeke. You know I'd beat to your beat. :lol:

Any comments there, Rady?

Of course, good sire; beat away! :pimp:

(((nohomonohomonohomonohomonohomo)))

rady

Administrator
Staff member

Thanks for the kind words my good sir, the forum is what it is because of the community that has built it! So a lot of credit to all of you!
Secondly, i've been planning this for quite some time but we're working to have the site completely revamped by the start of the season. There are certain things that don't depend strictly on me so in worst case scenario we might get some delay. The forum also is ready to get a fresh new look soon!

This is an idea i've somehow thought at already. A lot of the posts i read from some of you guys are very well written and always thought they might also be some damn good columns. If we could find a way to support this and figure out a compensation system this site might just go to a whole new level!