Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jamal Crawford

• Tim Thomas

• Total voters

NIX89

Rookie
Stephon Marbury is what we built this entire team off of. He is the heart and soul of this team and i don't maybe I'm alone on this but he is the man. I think he's a great player, but just has to improve on his defense and he should take more shots instead of passing all the time. I think he's great though and i hope we don't trade him this off season because i think we just need other guys. Trevor as well is the most dynamic Knick i have seen in awhile. He is cheap and when we need great Defense he comes in handy. He also gives excitement to the team and is a great addition to marbury. Crawford is also one of the most talented guys on the squad but he just needs to bulk up or get back to the PG position. He has crazy handle and a great 3 pt. shot. Whenever its time for clutch they give it to him or Marbury. I think this off season we need to do more with the bench and GET RID of Houston with whatever it takes. Its highly doubtful that he will pull off a Grant Hill because he just doesn't have the juice anymore. Get something decent in return because we not only have to get rid of him but his contract as well. Isiah should try to get rid of JYD, Malik, Mo Taylor, and especially Penny also. These are some the guys to get rid of but you need some cap room for other free agents. What do you guys think on this one? I mean Steph leaving the knicks i dont want to see.

a knick fan

Benchwarmer
marbury is not a franchise player that can carry a team on his back. hes a very good player, but just not the golden boy that isiah makes him out to be. i dont wanna trade him, but if other teams are enamored with him and are willing to give up good young players or draft picks and take some bad contracts along with marbury's just to get him, id easily trade him.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
Steph and Ariza

Steph is NOT a franchise player but trading him probably isn't even an issue since he isn't the quintessential point guard; he's more of a 1.5 than a 1. Also, he has a large contract that most teams wouldn't touch. Also, his defense is suspect and he's not a clutch guy, despite the popular belief at this site. In fact, he is a very streaky shooter (like Jamal), but his strength lies in his physic, his athletic ability and his pick-n-roll game. So, barring another team’s desperation to trade a star that matches Steph's contract, we are stuck with him. That being said, I don't see it as that bad of a venture. He has shown his willingness to pass first and get others involved. What seems to derail Steph is when he looses confidence in his surrounding players. That's when he becomes the Steph that NY wants to trade. As far as Ariza is concerned, he is probably the one Knick I hope they keep. I love this kid’s energy and work ethic. He is a very good defender and his offense will just improve over time (how much we will have to wait and see). He has become the life spark off the bench and I am hoping that will carry over to a starting spot.
I think what will start to "cure" the Knicks of what ails them is when they get some size into the line up, especially at the 4 and 5. One of the guys I would push to trade is Crawford. I think he is something that we just don't need. His size is a 1 and his game is a 2,3,4 and 5. He has taken' some shots that has left we in awe and some that made me scratch my head and wonder what the heck he was thinking. Unforutunatly it's the what the heck he was thinking more often! His defense is worse than Steph's so our back court gives up the bulk of the points.