BREAKING: #Tape3 is back.

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
If i'm not mistaken, we still have 3 spots left correct?

Felton/Prigs
Shump/JR/Hardaway
MWP/Leslie
Melo/STAT/Bargs
Chandler/Martin

Am I missing anyone?

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★

bluechox2

Benchwarmer
BREAKING: Kenyon Martin returns to Knicks!

Kenyon Martin has reached an agreement with the New York Knicks, his agent Andy Miller said Wednesday.
Martin, a 13-year veteran, played 18 regular-season games with the Knicks last season, averaging 7.2 points and 5.3 rebounds. The 35-year-old also played a pivotal role for the Knicks in the playoffs.

Martin signed with the Knicks in late February and emerged as a key piece for coach Mike Woodson. His rim defense and ability to defend the paint were two key aspects of New York's 13-game winning streak late in the regular season.
Martin is expected to fill the same role this season.
With Martin in the fold, the Knicks have three open roster spots. General manager Glen Grunawald has said he may keep one or two roster spots open heading into training camp so the team has room to sign a training-camp invitee.

log jam at the pf spot, good problem to have

tiger0330

Legend
Yes, KMart in the bag. Now Grunny needs to sign Bobby Brown if he want's him. Brown makes more money playing in Europe than he would here so unless he gets a guaranteed 1 year deal I don't think he'll be interested in a training camp invite.

petescud

Starter
Don't know much about Brown. Isn't there anyone decent NBA ready we can grab (thats not a fruitcake and will accept 1.7 Mil a year) ... I would think we can still get some decent players...usually the last 3 guys play very limited minutes if any

Seba

Benchwarmer
I understand CJ Leslie is also under contract. I forgot where I read it tho...

I'm very satisfied that we got KMart. Now I hope we get the right 3rd PG, but this is the team that will have to give NYC it's third ring, ladies and gentlemen.

bluechox2

Benchwarmer
I understand CJ Leslie is also under contract. I forgot where I read it tho...

I'm very satisfied that we got KMart. Now I hope we get the right 3rd PG, but this is the team that will have to give NYC it's third ring, ladies and gentlemen.

CJ has an invite to training camp only, not a guaranteed one

gmf1369

Benchwarmer
CJ has an invite to training camp only, not a guaranteed one

CJ Leslie is officially on the roster til Jan. 7th with the New York Knicks. Leslie signed for the rookie minimum ($490,180) in a partially guaranteed deal. if he's on the roster after the 7th of January the deal becomes fully guaranteed and he gets paid for the whole year. Leslie has a qualifying offer that if picked up will give him a salary next year of $1,016,482 guaranteed.

bluechox2

Benchwarmer
CJ Leslie is officially on the roster til Jan. 7th with the New York Knicks. Leslie signed for the rookie minimum ($490,180) in a partially guaranteed deal. if he's on the roster after the 7th of January the deal becomes fully guaranteed and he gets paid for the whole year. Leslie has a qualifying offer that if picked up will give him a salary next year of $1,016,482 guaranteed.
oh for real, i heard that it was for training camp b4...i guess they upgraded that offer

New New York

Quiet Storm
Telfair, AJ Price, Booby Gibson, Udrih and Nolan Smith are PG's that are still out there.

Telfair not so much

I like AJ Price of all of them he's at least gotten significant playing time last season whereas the rest of this group has not.

Not against Bobby Brown tho. I mean impressed Knicks with 2 workouts.

We need PGs who can score off penetration. Round 1 Ray gave that to us and we realistically should have swept Boston, we lose in 6 to Indy without it. Looks like Brown can do that (at least against Euro League talent)

DrB

Benchwarmer
If i'm not mistaken, we still have 3 spots left correct?

Felton/Prigs
Shump/JR/Hardaway
MWP/Leslie
Melo/STAT/Bargs
Chandler/Martin

Am I missing anyone?No. We said GOODBYE to KIDD, NOVAK, CAMBY , SHEED, RICHARDSON, WHITE, THOMAS and COPELAND...that's 8 players. As much as I liked Copeland he was not worth 6 million over 2 years with the needs we had not at PF. We now have MWP SF, Bargnani PF AMARE PF MELO PF and maybe C.J. Leslie or Tyler there. WE NEED A POINT GUARD...hello!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

PaPZ187

Benchwarmer
Whew!!! Thought he was gonna slip away

Yeah I did also.... after we gave MWP the rest of the exemption I thought we were going to lose KMart.

Big time signing in my opinion. Now we have a physical body to back up TC at the 5, but can also start at the 4 if we need to go big in a series. With guys like MWP, Shumpert, KMart, etc we should be able to bang with the best and imposer our will on our opponents in a series.

Hope we get a rematch with Indiana..... if JR shows up this time I like our chances.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 via Tapatalk