The Cold Hard Facts

This team in its current state will not win a championship, even with "chemistry" with our stars and consistent effort on Defense i feel our team doesn't have the traditional mold of a championship team. We are built to give tougher teams a run for their money or give them one hell of a series but we are far from a Powerhouse in the East.

Off-Season Moves:

#1-Trade Amar'e Stoudemire:
For one we have a PF that cannot score on the elite bigs in the league because he simply needs to be more athletic than them to score. If his contract was not so ludacris in its total amount than i would actually welcome him, but the fact is that he is getting paid more than Andrew Bynum, Lamarcus Aldridge, Mark Gasol, Zach Randolph, Dwight Howard, And Kevin Love to name a few and his production is nowhere near theirs, nor is his efficiency. His defensive lapses and inconsistent offense cannot be relied upon to win 20+ games in the Post-Season.

On top of that Amare needs to many things to go right in order to succeed against his match up. He needs his match up to be a bigger and slower player and a team that has poor help defense. He cannot post up and cannot rebound against above average rebounding teams, Carmelo Anthony regularly out rebounds him and that's just unacceptable.

#2-Acquire A Low Post Big:
Our team cannot consistently play 48 minutes because all of our offense is generated from the perimeter. We have no Big that sucks help down low to allow our shooters easy shots. Amar'e does not force doubles on him down low and this makes help defense and 3 point close outs easier for the other team since they can recover quickly. No Championship team has ever won without a Consistent low post threat, because it is simply impossible, with the lone exception going to be the Heat for obvious reasons and maybe the Thunder. But bottom line is that in order to have a better chance at it, we need to either draft or acquire threw FA or Trade, a Big Man that can score with his back to the basket. We need easy points down low.

#3-Throw Money At Phil Jakson:
I know people are behind Woodson but he does not have the championship pedigree nor the coaching know how of Phil Jackson, I believe Woody is a good coach, not great but good. Well we need a Great coach to win unless our team is deep like Dallas was last year or the 04' Pistons. Phil Jackson knows how to get the best out of players and can at least establish us a protege after he retires like Doc Rivers did with Tom Thibodeau. Phil wants to win in NY and i believe that will give him the extra motivation to give it his all while being here. Our team cant afford lesser coaches with the players we have, we need the best and it so happens that the best ever is a FA coach. He will give us 2 years at least and since we are in a win now mindset that is perfect for us since he won't be coming back to rebuild but to win Titles.

#4-Stock up on Veterans:
Our team NEEDS productive winning vets in our locker room in order to win. As we have it, our team is full of young players that don't have those veterans in the locker room to turn to. The 08' Celtics, hell any championship team had a bunch of vets on the bench that knew there roles and had past playoff experience. We need some PJ Browns on this team and not Toney Douglas or raw bigmen, that is if we don't want to win a championship NOW. Kirk Hinrich, Andre Miller, Mikki Moore, Marcus Camby, Grant Hill, Joel Przybilla, Boris Diaw, Aaron Gray, Josh Howard, Maurice Evans, Tracy Mcgrady, Eric Dampier, Mickael Pietrus, Antawn Jamison, and Delonte West are all upcoming FA who can greatly add to our team.

Veterans are great because they are wise enough to not try to do things they know they cannot do and will play in there role and can only add to that aspect of the game that their good at. We can cradle our young core until they're ready and we can have a strongly built locker room to boot. Veterans give insight on what we are doing wrong and are like second coaches on the floor.

These 4 steps if followed will make us a LEGIT CONTENDER instead of just a "Scary Team" in the playoffs, lets follow the traditional championship mold instead of following Boston and Miami, because between them two there is 1 Championship in the past 4 years, and the grounds to follow this mold is not yet solidified.

Last edited:

Den318

Benchwarmer
This team in its current state will not win a championship, even with "chemistry" with our stars and consistent effort on Defense i feel our team doesn't have the traditional mold of a championship team. We are built to give tougher teams a run for their money or give them one hell of a series but we are far from a Powerhouse in the East.

Off-Season Moves:

#1-Trade Amar'e Stoudemire:
For one we have a PF that cannot score on the elite bigs in the league because he simply needs to be more athletic than them to score. If his contract was not so ludacris in its total amount than i would actually welcome him, but the fact is that he is getting paid more than Andrew Bynum, Lamarcus Aldridge, Mark Gasol, Zach Randolph, Dwight Howard, And Kevin Love to name a few and his production is nowhere near theirs, nor is his efficiency. His defensive lapses and inconsistent offense cannot be relied upon to win 20+ games in the Post-Season.

On top of that Amare needs to many things to go right in order to succeed against his match up. He needs his match up to be a bigger and slower player and a team that has poor help defense. He cannot post up and cannot rebound against above average rebounding teams, Carmelo Anthony regularly out rebounds him and that's just unacceptable.

#2-Acquire A Low Post Big:
Our team cannot consistently play 48 minutes because all of our offense is generated from the perimeter. We have no Big that sucks help down low to allow our shooters easy shots. Amar'e does not force doubles on him down low and this makes help defense and 3 point close outs easier for the other team since they can recover quickly. No Championship team has ever won without a Consistent low post threat, because it is simply impossible, with the lone exception going to be the Heat for obvious reasons and maybe the Thunder. But bottom line is that in order to have a better chance at it, we need to either draft or acquire threw FA or Trade, a Big Man that can score with his back to the basket. We need easy points down low.

#3-Throw Money At Phil Jakson:
I know people are behind Woodson but he does not have the championship pedigree nor the coaching know how of Phil Jackson, I believe Woody is a good coach, not great but good. Well we need a Great coach to win unless our team is deep like Dallas was last year or the 04' Pistons. Phil Jackson knows how to get the best out of players and can at least establish us a protege after he retires like Doc Rivers did with Tom Thibodeau. Phil wants to win in NY and i believe that will give him the extra motivation to give it his all while being here. Our team cant afford lesser coaches with the players we have, we need the best and it so happens that the best ever is a FA coach. He will give us 2 years at least and since we are in a win now mindset that is perfect for us since he won't be coming back to rebuild but to win Titles.

#4-Stock up on Veterans:
Our team NEEDS productive winning vets in our locker room in order to win. As we have it, our team is full of young players that don't have those veterans in the locker room to turn to. The 08' Celtics, hell any championship team had a bunch of vets on the bench that knew there roles and had past playoff experience. We need some PJ Browns on this team and not Toney Douglas or raw bigmen, that is if we don't want to win a championship NOW. Kirk Hinrich, Andre Miller, Mikki Moore, Marcus Camby, Grant Hill, Joel Przybilla, Boris Diaw, Aaron Gray, Josh Howard, Maurice Evans, Tracy Mcgrady, Eric Dampier, Mickael Pietrus, Antawn Jamison, and Delonte West are all upcoming FA who can greatly add to our team.

Veterans are great because they are wise enough to not try to do things they know they cannot do and will play in there role and can only add to that aspect of the game that their good at. We can cradle our young core until they're ready and we can have a strongly built locker room to boot. Veterans give insight on what we are doing wrong and are like second coaches on the floor.

These 4 steps if followed will make us a LEGIT CONTENDER instead of just a "Scary Team" in the playoffs, lets follow the traditional championship mold instead of following Boston and Miami, because between them two there is 1 Championship in the past 4 years, and the grounds to follow this mold is not yet solidified.

Have to agree with you. The playoff will let you know which teams and players are for real. Losing by 33 let us know how far away the Knicks is from being a contender. Our 2 stars are a joke in game one. They have 3 more games to show that their 20mil a yr contract is justify.

CA7

Scoring Champ
I'll do a mock off-season for your 4 keys

1 and 2. Trade Amar'e and Acquire a low post big can be completed simultaneously.

- STAT belongs in an uptempo offense, we need a big 4 man who can work without the rock and post up on occasion

Knicks trade Amar'e Stoudemire and Toney Douglas to the Washington Wizards(who hire D'Antoni) for Nene, Kevin Seraphin and Shelvin Mack

we add a physical 4 man, who defends well, can run the floor, sets great screens and can hit the 15 ft jumper but doesn't rely on it

3. Say we hire Phil Jackson, thats done cant say much else

4. Veterans, 1st we take care of our own and the draft

We do whatever it takes to bring back these 4, Lin(QO)-Smith(MLE)-Novak(VM)-Fields(QO)

NBA Draft- Tyshawn Taylor

Free Agency we need a wing defender who can knock down the 3 ball(Shane Battier type) and a bruiser inside hard nosed rebounder and defender to spell Chandler(Brendan Haywood type)

Knicks sign Reggie Evans and Matt Barnes

Coach- Phil Jackson

Roster
C- Tyson Chandler
F- Nene
F- Carmelo Anthony
G- Iman Shumpert(when he returns)
G- Jeremy Lin
G- JR Smith
F- Matt Barnes
C- Reggie Evans
F- Steve Novak
G- Landry Fields
G- Tyshawn Taylor
F- Kevin Seraphin
G- Shelvin Mack
C- Josh Harrellson
C- Jerome Jordan

I think we look better with this roster, fit the triangle better, as Nene's skill set fits better than STAT's

Unlikely to happen but this is your scenario playing out

bash

Benchwarmer
u can blame the team construction all you want. i think its not that we are bad, its that miami is just that good. And the amount of preparation is incredible. The heat went as far as to analyze how woodson used joe johnson back in the atlanta days. Just to prepare for carmelo anthony.

I'll do a mock off-season for your 4 keys

1 and 2. Trade Amar'e and Acquire a low post big can be completed simultaneously.

- STAT belongs in an uptempo offense, we need a big 4 man who can work without the rock and post up on occasion

Knicks trade Amar'e Stoudemire and Toney Douglas to the Washington Wizards(who hire D'Antoni) for Nene, Kevin Seraphin and Shelvin Mack

we add a physical 4 man, who defends well, can run the floor, sets great screens and can hit the 15 ft jumper but doesn't rely on it

3. Say we hire Phil Jackson, thats done cant say much else

4. Veterans, 1st we take care of our own and the draft

We do whatever it takes to bring back these 4, Lin(QO)-Smith(MLE)-Novak(VM)-Fields(QO)

NBA Draft- Tyshawn Taylor

Free Agency we need a wing defender who can knock down the 3 ball(Shane Battier type) and a bruiser inside hard nosed rebounder and defender to spell Chandler(Brendan Haywood type)

Knicks sign Reggie Evans and Matt Barnes

Coach- Phil Jackson

Roster
C- Tyson Chandler
F- Nene
F- Carmelo Anthony
G- Iman Shumpert(when he returns)
G- Jeremy Lin
G- JR Smith
F- Matt Barnes
C- Reggie Evans
F- Steve Novak
G- Landry Fields
G- Tyshawn Taylor
F- Kevin Seraphin
G- Shelvin Mack
C- Josh Harrellson
C- Jerome Jordan

I think we look better with this roster, fit the triangle better, as Nene's skill set fits better than STAT's

Unlikely to happen but this is your scenario playing out

If we can get Tyshawn Taylor that is a steal. I also think jerome jordan and Josh Harrellson need to be placed in the D-League and replaced with joel Przybilla and Antawn Jamison since they will be on their last leg and will except VM's to play for us. Now we have a team with tremendous depth. I didnt mean to start a thread but we need to unload on Stats contract because he is getting to old and his game is not worth $100 million.

21 Shump Street

Benchwarmer
If we can get Tyshawn Taylor that is a steal. I also think jerome jordan and Josh Harrellson need to be placed in the D-League and replaced with joel Przybilla and Antawn Jamison since they will be on their last leg and will except VM's to play for us. Now we have a team with tremendous depth. I didnt mean to start a thread but we need to unload on Stats contract because he is getting to old and his game is not worth $100 million.

I completely agree with this, to be a CONTENDER we need to move Stat. You've got me thinking about it all, and excuse my lack of low post bigs knowledge but could you give me a few examples of some realistic low post bigs we could acquire in a STAT trade please?

21 Shump Street

Benchwarmer
Sadly this is true...i say buy him out

How much would the buyout on STAT's contract set us back? I know it's a long shot but the Wizards might just take it. They are shit scared Wall will bail at the end of his rookie contract, and I don't think Nene is the player that will keep him there. Amare would be a great fit with Wall.

On a side note i'm loving this Denver Nugget players repatriation process in NY.

How much would the buyout on STAT's contract set us back? I know it's a long shot but the Wizards might just take it. They are shit scared Wall will bail at the end of his rookie contract, and I don't think Nene is the player that will keep him there. Amare would be a great fit with Wall.

On a side note i'm loving this Denver Nugget players repatriation process in NY.

Well in order to get rid of STAT we would have to do a buyout that would almost bankrupt alot of teams. We have to target small market teams that need star power to get fans in the seats and that can care less about a championship but about making profits asap.

Maybe Charlotte is desperate enough to give us their 1st round pick which could be Anthony Davis? I doubt it.

We could definitely take a shot at Al Jefferson who just a few years ago was on his way to being the next great low post player.

Or maybe try to get Brook Lopez somehow? Idk but a team would have to almost be stupid to take STATS age, knees and 1 dimensional game.

JS3

Benchwarmer
Well in order to get rid of STAT we would have to do a buyout that would almost bankrupt alot of teams. We have to target small market teams that need star power to get fans in the seats and that can care less about a championship but about making profits asap.

Maybe Charlotte is desperate enough to give us their 1st round pick which could be Anthony Davis? I doubt it.

We could definitely take a shot at Al Jefferson who just a few years ago was on his way to being the next great low post player.

Or maybe try to get Brook Lopez somehow? Idk but a team would have to almost be stupid to take STATS age, knees and 1 dimensional game.

76's will do.

after their ugly run right from the ASG, they will move, and move hard, i know that they are very dissapointed from their core(Iguodala, turner etc') i wouldn't mind trade some with them, and remember they wanted STAT.

But before we hack & slash in the Knicks roster(again), there is a game tonight, lets concentrate on winning :thumbsup:

21 Shump Street

Benchwarmer
76's will do.

after their ugly run right from the ASG, they will move, and move hard, i know that they are very dissapointed from their core(Iguodala, turner etc') i wouldn't mind trade some with them, and remember they wanted STAT.

But before we hack & slash in the Knicks roster(again), there is a game tonight, lets concentrate on winning :thumbsup:

What exactly would we get in return that's reasonable? Elton Brand + filler

fender0577

Rotation player
76's will do.

Thank you, i'll wait until after this series, to worry about the offseason,People, were still in the playoffs, let's act like it, C'mon man.

iSaYughh

Starter
I'm not sure we could trade Amare straight up for Kevin Seraphin.

I just don't think he is going anywhere. If he was, he'd have been gone by now -- the window of opportunity was earlier in the year, if there ever was a window.

Thing is, if Amare really goes down the tubes.....with his contract, he will become essentially impossible to trade: we couldn't get a bag of balls from Models for his ass at that point.

Likely, we get what we currently see out of him, since Melo has been here.

The opportunity to not be at this point, was right when D'antoni and Dolan rumbled. D'antoni wanted Melo to be traded (who obviously could have been; let's not get into whether that'd have been a good thing, it's a seperate issue). Dolan refused, D'antoni left. Woodson came in.

Dolan is a fool, but even he knows that w/o Amare and the sliver of hope that he can beast and thrive alongside Melo (as well as the rest of the team), we are just dog meat in today's NBA.

Amare for some draft picks, cap space, even a really good young player (who we'd never actually get)....would make us 100% screwed against the NBA's elite, vs 90%.

But ya, we are in the ****ing playoffs, 1 game into a series. We need to chill and just see what happens now and fight hard.

IMO, the time to really get up in arms about these issues was well before the playoffs, and the pinnacle moment was when D'antoni left.

Of course, we all just celebrated blindly. :2cents: