Nate Robinson Trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

GetRealistic

Starter
Got this from TheKnicksblog.com and it kinda makes sense in my opinion. We add a really cheap shooter and get a 25 year old big man who at one point we coveted and almost drafted. If we could talk to Vasquez and get a feeling if he would come over to play if it was NY i would deffinately consider.

"So Andrew Smith (who?s sequestered himself in an undisclosed location studying for the Bar Exam) and I got to thinking the Magic, who already could use some scoring punch in the back court, might want to consider dealing for Nate Robinson.

Now I have to be fair, I think that keeping Nate is critical for any shot at making the playoffs, but the Knicks might consider moving their sparkplug guard for the right deal.

The team has a roster spot with the retirement of Cuttino Mobley. I wonder if the Knicks would consider a Nate for the rights to Fran Vasquez and J.J. Redick?

Vasquez is 25 and has resisted coming to the NBA. His numbers are modest this year, but he?s a capable big that might flourish in NY under Mike D?Antoni. Vasquez has resisted coming over here after being selected 11th overall by the Magic in 2005. The Magic are still very high on the young man, but Nate could keep them afloat and add great depth moving forward.

Redick is a obviously shooter who could fill in off the bench. I think the Knicks lose out for the short term, but could benefit for the long term. Nate?s turnovers and spotty decisions have often been a killer for this team.

Just a thought, maybe the team tries to capitalize on the Magic?s need for some help. Redick has a qualifying offer in 2010-11, which he?d likely decline considering Jason Kapono?s contract."

New New York

Quiet Storm
Well Vasquez is still a bit of a mystery to me, has anyone followed him to see how he is doing in Europe (or where ever the hell he is)?

True JJ would give us shooting, but, he would not give us the dominance that we can get from Nate on any given night. Look I know Nate can be a bit eradict, but, that has gotten much better this season. JJ Redick isnt going to run plays down, go up for blocks on big men and just play with that sort of intesity. Redick is the perimeter version of Eddy Curry, he can shoot with the best of them but that is about it. I'd only do this deal if they take can somehow make it a three team deal that also liberates from Curry's contract. Like involving OKC in the trade and them sending Vasquez and Curry there somehow.

But this deal would be a rape.

DANUTZ39

Benchwarmer
Well Vasquez is still a bit of a mystery to me, has anyone followed him to see how he is doing in Europe (or where ever the hell he is)?

True JJ would give us shooting, but, he would not give us the dominance that we can get from Nate on any given night. Look I know Nate can be a bit eradict, but, that has gotten much better this season. JJ Redick isnt going to run plays down, go up for blocks on big men and just play with that sort of intesity. Redick is the perimeter version of Eddy Curry, he can shoot with the best of them but that is about it. I'd only do this deal if they take can somehow make it a three team deal that also liberates from Curry's contract. Like involving OKC in the trade and them sending Vasquez and Curry there somehow.

But this deal would be a rape.

We can do a trade with orlando without involving another team if they are willing. I hate giving up nate just to get rid of curry but if orlando wants nate this could work for both teams. Orlando get nate a 15-17ppg/5apg PG and also because they don't look for cap space in 2010 so they can use curry as a expiring contract that season (or if curry gets healty and in shape he can be a good reserve for howard). NY get a shooting guard (and a back up big) but most important is getting rid of curry contract.

Orlando Magic

<TABLE class=tablehead style="CLEAR: both" cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3><TBODY><TR class=colhead><TH colSpan=2>Incoming Players</TH></TR><TR class=oddrow><TD width=35>
990.jpg
</TD><TD vAlign=top>Eddy Curry
Salary: $9,723,983 Years Remaining: 2
PTS: 2.0 REB: 2.0 AST: 0.0 PER: 30.73

</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow><TD width=35>
2782.jpg
</TD><TD vAlign=top>Nate Robinson
Salary: $2,020,179 Years Remaining: 1
PTS: 15.4 REB: 4.0 AST: 3.6 PER: 17.86
Obtained with a trade exception

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Outgoing Players: J.J. Redick, Tony Battie
nyk.gif
New York Knicks

<TABLE class=tablehead style="CLEAR: both" cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3><TBODY><TR class=colhead><TH colSpan=2>Incoming Players</TH></TR><TR class=oddrow><TD width=35>
3024.jpg
</TD><TD vAlign=top>J.J. Redick
Salary: $2,139,720 Years Remaining: 2
PTS: 5.5 REB: 1.8 AST: 0.9 PER: 9.79

</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow><TD width=35>
45.jpg
</TD><TD vAlign=top>Tony Battie
Salary: $5,746,000 Years Remaining: 2
PTS: 4.5 REB: 3.8 AST: 0.3 PER: 12.29

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Outgoing Players: Eddy Curry, Nate Robinson

Oldtimer

Rotation player
Trades

We have a roster spot open and if Marbury is bought out, there will be two. There is a chance that Marbury will go after the Celtics game on the 6th. Perhaps Orlando could be a destination besides Boston.

Why hasn't Walsh filled the already open spot? Perhaps he wants some flexibility, for example, to trade Curry for two bad, but expiring, contracts. Unfortunately, I think we are going to have to wait until next year to trade Curry. He has not played at all and is not likely to tear things up before the trade deadline.

If the Knicks wait until March 1st to let Marbury go, he will not be able to participate in the play offs. I would be disappointed in Dolan/Walsh, if they did that. Not a classy move.

New New York

Quiet Storm
We have a roster spot open and if Marbury is bought out, there will be two. There is a chance that Marbury will go after the Celtics game on the 6th. Perhaps Orlando could be a destination besides Boston.

Why hasn't Walsh filled the already open spot? Perhaps he wants some flexibility, for example, to trade Curry for two bad, but expiring, contracts. Unfortunately, I think we are going to have to wait until next year to trade Curry. He has not played at all and is not likely to tear things up before the trade deadline.

If the Knicks wait until March 1st to let Marbury go, he will not be able to participate in the play offs. I would be disappointed in Dolan/Walsh, if they did that. Not a classy move.

If Steph is bought out after March 1st then look no further than Dolan. I think Donnie has more class than that, Donnie has stated the only place he doesnt want Steph is Miami but it is obvious Boston is where Steph is likely headed.

I think Donnie truly wants this to be over with and would sign off on any buyout.

Knicks4Life_1985

&#9733;The Floor General&#9733;
just to throw this out there i would love to see a Nate for Rudy Fernadez trade that would help us out alot at both guard positions and rudy plays just as hard as nate if not harder...Take a look at the last olympics

WNY_Knickfan

Benchwarmer
I think Walsh hasn't filled the open roster spot because we do not have an open roster spot. People keep thinking of Cuttino, previously while we were waiting on a ruling on the exception we didn't get, and now he is still on the roster until the trade deadline as Walsh explores trading his contract at the deadline. For now, no open roster spot, no Ewing Jr, etc. PS I doubt I want Vasquez, last foreign center we touched never came over and was last seen in the olympics being leapt over by Vince Carter

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
just to throw this out there i would love to see a Nate for Rudy Fernadez trade that would help us out alot at both guard positions and rudy plays just as hard as nate if not harder...Take a look at the last olympics

nice post. as much as i like Nate(no homo) but Rudy would help us much more and has much better potential.

a lil late but welcome to the site dude.

smokes

Huge Member
I doubt that trade will ever happen, why would Portland want to take an inconsistent combo guard over a talented athletic shooter?

Best trade situation in my eyes for the Knicks is:

Marbury
Nate

for

Iverson
Bynum

We get a starting shooter with age experience and an expiring, and a young up and coming PG to replace Nate. If only.

Ewing

Benchwarmer
Fran Vazquez doesn't have what it takes to be an NBA player, he's too soft so let him stay at Barcelona.
I think we can get much better for Nate.

metrocard

Legend
I doubt that trade will ever happen, why would Portland want to take an inconsistent combo guard over a talented athletic shooter?

Best trade situation in my eyes for the Knicks is:

Marbury
Nate

for

Iverson
Bynum

We get a starting shooter with age experience and an expiring, and a young up and coming PG to replace Nate. If only.

What makes Bynum so up and coming?
Enlighten the forum...for the first time in 3 years you've been here.
Because he's young?
What has he done?

He's 26, not really that young.
He has no 3pt range, career 26% 3pt shooter
Terrible shooter, career 67% FT shooter

smokes

Huge Member
What makes Bynum so up and coming?
Enlighten the forum...for the first time in 3 years you've been here.
Because he's young?
What has he done?

He's 26, not really that young.
He has no 3pt range, career 26% 3pt shooter
Terrible shooter, career 67% FT shooter

Aww poor metro, I owned you so hard in the other thread that you had to come here to try to pick apart my post? I, unlike you, think of trades which are within the realm of reality.

Also if you could read, you would realize I have 50 posts over my three years here, apologies that it doesn't match your tally of 4000, but you see, some of us have a life.

As to your points, Bynum is "up and coming" in the sense that he has shown improvement this year, is 47% FG terrible? Duhon isn't exactly a shit-hot shooter either, but is he a bad player? I guess you would say he is since he took your beloved Marbury's spot on this TEAM.

:gony:

Toons

is the Bo$$
ooh metro, metro, i have a good trade for u

anyone with the last name of
fernandez
rodrigez
lopez
gonzalez
arroyo

for our entire team

good trade huh?

Oldtimer

Rotation player
Open Roster Spot

There is currently an open roster spot. When Mobley retired for medical reasons, he vacated his roster spot. His salary for this year and next, however, still counts against the Knicks' cap.

The trade exception that the Knicks did not get would have permitted them to sign a "replacement" player for one half of his annual salary --$4.45M. They did not get the exception, but Mobley is not on the roster.

smokes

Huge Member
Its the internet though, people give me negative rep points everyday or try to; if people take the effort to give you a rep point, then you obviously impacted their opinion.

lolbc5.jpg

There's a nice little taste of irony for you :smokin:

theknicks3

Benchwarmer
we need nates spark. He would be valuable if we were to go far in the playoffs imo.

how do you check the rep points, i've never bothered before?

metrocard

Legend
Aww poor metro, I owned you so hard in the other thread that you had to come here to try to pick apart my post? I, unlike you, think of trades which are within the realm of reality.

Also if you could read, you would realize I have 50 posts over my three years here, apologies that it doesn't match your tally of 4000, but you see, some of us have a life.

As to your points, Bynum is "up and coming" in the sense that he has shown improvement this year, is 47% FG terrible? Duhon isn't exactly a shit-hot shooter either, but is he a bad player? I guess you would say he is since he took your beloved Marbury's spot on this TEAM.

:gony:

You owned no one.
You realized I picked your post apart...you're helpless now...all emotional and hyped, LOL...dude, you just proclaim a prophet and have no argument. Just save yourself for the embarassment.

Negro, you have 50 post and lurk on this site more than anyone.
I mean, no one knows my post better than you.
You go to SLEEP after rereading my post...I got you all drugged out.
Talk about having no life.
You know who I am, I don't know you.
You're just some random dude mad at me and my style.
3,900 post don't mean a damn thing, just that I analize basketball, and type at a superior more entertaining style than you.
Honestly, this the first time people in this site read your FONT, and its only because you're looking attention from me. (You're kinda trying too hard).
Its time just to move. You're not getting my respect...no matter if you reread all 3,900 post of mine.

47% FG in 9 minutes per game is the only thing you could say about Bynum is up and coming? LMAO...you spent more time focusing on me then actually defending one of the dumbest statements in Knicksonline history.

Its time to get smacked up.

Bynum hasn't had
5 assist since November 23rd.
Bynum hasn't had
15 points the whole season
Bynum only made
1 three point the whole season...making Jared Jefferies look like Ray Allen.

47% is because he doesn't take jumpshots...and thats not too high for someone who doesn't dare to take jumpshots because he has no NBA RANGE...which is why Bynum has no NBA potential...he's 26 and isn't a good passer either.

Anyway, you blow your own spot.

First time being noticed on the site after 3 years of obsessive lurking and studying my post and this is what you having?

Bynum is an "up and coming" PG?
Thats how you justify your lame ass trades?

He's shooting 47 in 9 minutes...LMAO

Dude, you're LAME.
Go back to lurking.
Posting isn't your thing.

Don't do a TRILLION and post your myspace trying to prove you have a life.

Your life is whack son.

29y615c.gif

Can't stop it.
My swag remains untouched.

ooh metro, metro, i have a good trade for u

anyone with the last name of
fernandez
rodrigez
lopez
gonzalez
arroyo

for our entire team

good trade huh?

sounds like a group of guys you mom swang around with.

metrocard

Legend
Proof to you have no life.

Look at how quick you're replying to this.

Damn, did you sleep?
Did you wait all night for me to post?

I was hitting the skins after the Knicks game.
Kinda sad to know you were on the computer writing rants on wordpad, saving them and then applying them here...rants you've been holding for 3 years but were too scared to drop them right away.

Funny that it took you 3 years to say something.

You basement ass dude...this is a total fail for you.

Just make a Wil Bynum fan site and retire from the forum.

You died.

Status
Not open for further replies.