One month in to this season, what's been a stand out to you?

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
For me, and there have been a few, the biggest standout is Sheed's defence, and the way it seems that his hiatus did nothing but do him wonders.

Other than that, Ronnie Brewer's output for $850K this season has to be close to the NBA's best overhead contract.

2 from me with more to come. How about you?

Starks

Starter
To me its got to be Melo's MVP campaign. I haven't seen a Knick dominate like that since Ewing and not even that matches what Melo's been doing also. Also, I'll be the first one willing to eat crow on Sheed. I thought his signing was nothing more than comedic value, but he's really been a favorite.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
Pablo Prigioni is adapting to the pace of the NBA better than i thought..couldn't ask for a better 3rd string PG

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
For me, its Camby's spotty minutes with him practically out of the rotation. With STAT soon to come back Camby's spot on the rotation is all but lost. I expected him to have a bigger role on this team.

iJoe

Rotation player
For me, its Camby's spotty minutes with him practically out of the rotation. With STAT soon to come back Camby's spot on the rotation is all but lost. I expected him to have a bigger role on this team.

That and Kurt Thomas starting so many games :shock2:

I would have thought Thomas would be the bench warmer, with Camby doing the fill in roles for injury.

That being said.... we have no idea what goes on in practice and Camby's work ethic. I'd like to give Woodson the benefit of the doubt that he doesn't think Camby slept with his wife or something.

CA7

Scoring Champ
Ronnie Brewer making a case for taking the MLE next season. You dont give up guys like him. He's turning into a Shane Battier, Bruce Bowen type of guys for a championship team. We need to keep him and let him play a key role off the bench or as a starter

Not really that suprised, I would be more suprised if the knicks were stinking it up. I saw a bit of the future last season when Woody took over. And the signing of veteran players also had me feeling optimistic about this year. We just need to stay healthy going into the post season.

nyk_nyk

All Star
I'm most surprised by the play of Prigioni. I always heard he was good but wasn't sure if his skills would translate to the NBA level.

Special mention goes to the Camby mystery and the 3pt accuracy of Brewer.

TheScowl

Rookie
To me it's the whole team playing TEAM Ball at both ends of the floor. Having said that, I think nearly all the vet signings have exceeded expectations, besides mayb Camby, but especially Kidd, Prigioni, Sheed, and Brewer.

carlito1171

Rookie
Knicks 3pt shooting. I knew that D was gonna be the point of emphasis this season with Woddy at the helm, but he has emphasized ball movement as well. Been leading to a lot of open 3's for the team.

smokes

Huge Member
Jason Kidd, when he plays we're going to win most of our games. I want him closing every game for the rest of the year.

New New York

Quiet Storm
Knicks 3pt shooting. I knew that D was gonna be the point of emphasis this season with Woddy at the helm, but he has emphasized ball movement as well. Been leading to a lot of open 3's for the team.

Co-sign shooting was a suspected weakness during off season

The TO's...or lack there of

That's made the difference between us being 11-4 vs like a 9-6

Then there is the rebounding (or lack there of)

We have just 2 losses (I think Memphis and Houston simply outplayed us and nothing would have won those games for us) if we limit offensive boards

We gotta hold teams to one shot better than we have

21 Shump Street

Benchwarmer
Not to be a bad spot, but it's our defense, or lack there of. Seems in some of the 'easier' games we just decide to outscore out opponent (narrowly).

We have shown we can play hard D with the best of them but I would like to see a more consistent showing across the full season. Just seems like we cruise to give players rest and rely on our offense a bit much.

bluechox2

Benchwarmer
Not to be a bad spot, but it's our defense, or lack there of. Seems in some of the 'easier' games we just decide to outscore out opponent (narrowly).

We have shown we can play hard D with the best of them but I would like to see a more consistent showing across the full season. Just seems like we cruise to give players rest and rely on our offense a bit much.
compared to the last decade, it has been a great surprise for me

A lot of things have been a stand out for me, a lot of our players are playing better than we thought. Melo finally stepping up his defensive game, JR Smith looking like a legitimate contender for 6th man of the year, Prigioni has played better than I thought he would, Marcus Camby barely playing is still something I don't understand.

vrgadin

Benchwarmer
MIKE WOODSON, the team is playing like it is because they love him. like when you were in school and there was a teacher you really liked, you didnt wanna let him or her down so you actually gave a crap and tried.

all other opinions like melos mvp campaign, sheeds defense can boil down to a coach that these guys WANT to play for

gaknickfan

Benchwarmer
Melo play on defense .....diving for loose ball ...his over all play has been outstanding ...many thought he never play D ...he`s done more than any of us could have ask ......right now he has to be the MVP