NBA HAS GOT TOO MANY TEAMS....

NBA is ****ing stupid.

Utah JAZZ???

New Orlean Hornets???

Charlotte Bobcats?

It should be Utah Bobcats

New Orleans Jazz

Charlotte Hornets..

**** business. Isn't OKC a football city? The **** they want a basketball team for? That shit won't last anyway.

The NBA doesn't need so many teams, same with the MLB.

NBA should be 12 teams each conference

East
New York
Boston
Miami
Detroit
Indiana
Cleveland
Charlotte
Atlanta
Toronto
Chicago
Washington
Puerto Rico(basketball is big over there, need to represent the caribbean)

West
LA Lakers
Dallas
Houston(TX only need two teams)
Memphis
Denver
Seattle
Las Vegas
Phoneix
San Francisco(cali only need two teams)
Minnesota(no basketball team around there)
Utah
Kansas City(a lot of open fan base)

nba_1280.gif

The divisions should be

North/Atlantic
New York Knicks
Boston Celtics
Detroit Pistons
Indiana Pacers
Cleveland Cavs
Toronto
Raptors

South/Atlantic
Philadephia 76ers
WashingtonWizards

Carolina Bobcats
Atlanta Hawks
Miami Heat
San Juan Atl?ticos

West would be

Pacific
Los Angeles Lakers
Seattle Sonics
San Francisco Sharks
Phoneix Suns
Las Vegas Kings
Utah Saintzz

South/Midwest
Dallas Mavericks
Houston Rockets
Denver Nuggets
Minnesota T'Wolves
Kansas City Jazz
Memphis Blues

Teams would be more talented, and the league will be more competitive.

This would also transfer a lot of talent who can't make the teams to other leagues which makes the basketball world more competitive as a whole.

Last edited:

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Good thread, I agree. The NBA has too many teams, and they also have too many divisions. When you have all those teams, it makes it harder to spread the talent to each roster. When you have all those divisions, it makes it easier for teams to win divisions in divisions that have a lot of sub .500 teams.

Paul1355

All Star
Whatever, it is corny but we also have in hockey the Tampa Bay Lightning so a team named after a type of weather isnt that random. I personally thought that it would stay as the Sonics. OCS.

ohklahoma city is too many syllables. they had to pick a short name. like bears or cubs or rays or something. Ohklahoma City Thunder. it just takes to long to say.

Pres8

Rookie
I think that a lot of nba teams have a stupid name,thunder is only the last,for exemple toronto RAPTORS?!?!?!??!?! huston ROCKETS ?!?!??!?!?!?!? new orleans HORNETS?!?!?!? orlando MAGIC!??!?!?!?!?!?! Only a child can give these names.......teams must have only the name of the city and if in a city there are 2 teams like los angeles ,one gets the name of the city (lakers=los angeles) the other gets the name of the state(clippers=california) what do you think about this?(I know that now it's impossible to change the names and they remain forever)

Paul1355

All Star
I think that a lot of nba teams have a stupid name,thunder is only the last,for exemple toronto RAPTORS?!?!?!??!?! huston ROCKETS ?!?!??!?!?!?!? new orleans HORNETS?!?!?!? orlando MAGIC!??!?!?!?!?!?! Only a child can give these names.......teams must have only the name of the city and if in a city there are 2 teams like los angeles ,one gets the name of the city (lakers=los angeles) the other gets the name of the state(clippers=california) what do you think about this?(I know that now it's impossible to change the names and they remain forever)

Best name ever.....The Knicks

Pres8

Rookie
Best name ever.....The Knicks
yes, knicks is the best name of nba but not because I'm their fan but for this:( I take this from wikipedia) [Knickerbocker is a Dutch surname and a type of clothing. It is a name often cited in reference to New York City--an allusion to the fictional character "Father Knickerbocker" who, according to the tale told by Washington Irving, was the head of the first socially prominent family in New York. According to Ric Burns' New York: A Documentary Film, generations of New Yorkers proudly claimed to be descendants of Father Knickerbocker, despite his fictional roots.] this name is something historic,it isn't the name of a stupid animal or rocket!!! all the new teams have stupid names ,they don't have a historical name as new york:gony: so I prefer the name of the city because I hate stupid name like :barf:thunder.........

Houston Rockets actually makes sense seeing as Houston is where most spaceships/rockets are launched.
Orlando Magic also makes sense seeing as disney world is in Orlando

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Funny.
http://www.realgm.net/src_feature/1297/20080729/players_thrilled_about_move_to_oklahoma_city/

Players Thrilled About Move To Oklahoma City
29th July, 2008 - 2:12 pm
By Buster Gunning

The Supersonics franchise is ecstatic about their impending move to Oklahoma City, and why shouldn’t they be? Buster Gunning, a Seattle native, recently took a trip through “The Big Friendly” (it is really called that) and can whole-heartedly agree with the players' excitement.

It was on one of my recent road trips trafficking intangible goods that I happened to travel through the future home of my childhood team.

Nestled amidst the heat and the dust, the glorious Oklahoma City rose majestically against the flat, brown backdrop.

Taking in the local fare, I had a double-stack and fries from the local Wendy’s. My appetite whetted and a few hours to kill, I decided to do some sightseeing.

Ten minutes later I was on my way to Kansas.

Using mobile phone technology, I made some impromptu phone calls to gather the players' reactions to the upcoming relocation.

Kevin Durant, the lanky new face of the franchise, was first to answer and was noticeably exited.

“Going to UT Austin, it was always my dream to move north to Oklahoma. In fact, it is every Texan's secret dream that they won't admit and passionately deny. Now I will finally achieve my life’s dream and have my moving expenses reimbursed to boot!”

Point guard Luke Ridnour, who grew up in Washington and went to school in Oregon, was also excited to escape the repulsiveness of the Pacific Northwest.

“Growing up amongst the beautiful lakes and lush green forests has brought me to the point of depression. Add to that, I was drafted by the Supersonics and forced to live in this one-horse town they call Seattle. Now, with this latest franchise move, everything is coming up Ridnour!

"My only fear is that I'm traded before I get to reap the benefits of living in the OKC."

Those just a few of the many positive comments pertaining to the move to Oklahoma City. Go Oklahoma City Thunder! May you prosper in your major market for years to come!

The preceding article was a piece of satirical fiction.

Pres8

Rookie
Houston Rockets actually makes sense seeing as Houston is where most spaceships/rockets are launched.
Orlando Magic also makes sense seeing as disney world is in Orlando
I know these things but these names are stupid as the name of miami, ok miami is hot and the name of the team is heat but this name is HORRIBLE!!!

KBlack25

Starter
1. The Utah Jazz were formerly the New Orleans Jazz but they moved and kept the name. Same thing with the Lakers. How many lakes are in LA? It made sense when they were in Minnesota.

2. The New Orleans Hornets is fine. The team moved and Hornets aren't native just to Charlotte.

3. The Charlotte Bobcats are named for a predator (the bobcat) known primarily for stalking the Carolinas. Also, Bob Johnson is a part owner, hence the name.

The Thunder makes no sense, seeing as Thunder is merely the sound lightning makes.