Coach K says Duhon will be a league leader in assist with Knicks

New New York

Quiet Storm
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/10/s...em&ex=1215835200&en=44c301d6a435daa7&ei=5087

I'm not co-signing I'm just reporting!

Far be it me to argue with a coaching Great like coach K. He is familar with both Duhon's game and Dantoni's coaching style. And hell, as a Knick fan I would love to see us make a steal in the free agent market as opposed to the many many burns we have endured.

But Honestly I don't see it. I can't say I know much about Duhon, and I (like every Knick signing or trade) have studied his stats and You Tube video, and I not overly impressed. Now his assist to TO ratio is solid, but people forget that Steph was solid as well in this category. Now his defense is what gets praise, and that is what has me the most optimistic but, league leader in assist is a bit of a stretch.

Maybe I am just trying to keep myself grounded with this move so I'm not allowing myself to get too excited, or maybe I'm just being a realis. Any way sound off!

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
New New York, you're one of the better thread makers and posters on this site(in the top 10) but this thread is just bad. Chris Duhon is a role player. There shouldn't even be a thread where people can talk about the possibility of Duhon averaging more assists than Chris Paul, Steve Nash, Deron Williams, Jason Kidd, Baron Davis, Stephon Marbury, Jose Calderon, etc. I know that you're just posting an article that you saw, but I've actually watched Duhon play. He's not that good. Stephon Marbury is about 20x better than Chris Duhon and Nate Robinson is about 10x better than Duhon. If Marbury gets waived, traded, or bought out, the Knicks should still start Nate Robinson, because he's just a flat out better player than Duhon. Mardy Collins is actually almost as good as Chris Duhon. He's just not as good of a shooter, but his defense is as good, and his ability to get others involved is just as good.

umynot

Benchwarmer
Hold on he did a good job on the post!

This is actual news! It was reported and he posted it! Great post we need posts that are based on news not so many on opinion!

And this news was about Coach K's opinion ! He believes Duhon will excel under Coach D and he would know better then us!

He says no one he has ever coached had the battery that Duhon has! He said Duhon can run at full speed all day! I never seen that but under Skiles the Bulls never ran so he never had the chance!

Nash before the trade to Pheonix was not an All star player and if you look at Nash's #s the first 4 years in the league they compare with Duhons !

Year 1 Year2 Year 3 Year 4

Nash: 3.83 points 9.09 pts 7.88 pts 8.59 pts
2.12 ass 3.45 ass 5.48 ass 4.86 ass
.99 to 1.82 to 2.08 to 1.82 to
13 minutes 22 min 31.73 min 27.36 min

Duhon: 5.94 pts 8.74 pts 7.15pts 5.83pts
4.85 ass 5.04 ass 3.97 ass 3.98ass
1.54 to 1.58 to 1.35 to 1.08 To
26.55 min 29.15 min 24 .5 min 22 min

So we cant say this kid cant get to the next level ! He is still 23 y/o so he has alot of time to grow!!

theknicks3

Benchwarmer
I will always remember I picked him up in fantasy two years ago and he triple doubled in his first game. (Not many pgs can do that)

I then went on and traded him for a good player, and he did shit all for the rest of the season.

I think Duhon will be a good role player on this team.

I know Metro has bashed me on saying Marbury can play SG, but I still think he can, and better than Crawford.

He has the same body shape and game as Iverson, and look what AI did this year with Carter passing to him.

I think Carter = Duhon, and this could bring a fast lineup.

I really wanted Diogu for Centre, but we definately need a new one at least who can play 20 mins a game, cos Curry can't keep up.

Duhon (low t/os, good passer)
Marbury (attacking player, good defender, good disher out)
Gall (good driver, can knock the three)
Lee (great reounder, good post scorer)
Curry ? (good in the post not much else)

This is the lineup I want to attack with, cut and stretch the margin

With Crawford, and Zbo to play big minutes, and Balkman, Chandler, and Nate to get minutes as well

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
2cx6rtx.jpg

Hows duhon gonna lead the league in assists backing up kingStarbury?

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Coach K takes a huge L on this one :lol:

*duhon to crawford*
*crawford misses again (2-17)*

:lol::lol:

16glrsz.jpg

KologeroBx

Benchwarmer
How Can A Barley Decent NBA Player Lead The League In Assists Playing Like 20 Mins A Game With Below Average Bums ?

New New York

Quiet Storm
New New York, you're one of the better thread makers and posters on this site(in the top 10) but this thread is just bad. Chris Duhon is a role player. There shouldn't even be a thread where people can talk about the possibility of Duhon averaging more assists than Chris Paul, Steve Nash, Deron Williams, Jason Kidd, Baron Davis, Stephon Marbury, Jose Calderon, etc. I know that you're just posting an article that you saw, but I've actually watched Duhon play. He's not that good. Stephon Marbury is about 20x better than Chris Duhon and Nate Robinson is about 10x better than Duhon. If Marbury gets waived, traded, or bought out, the Knicks should still start Nate Robinson, because he's just a flat out better player than Duhon. Mardy Collins is actually almost as good as Chris Duhon. He's just not as good of a shooter, but his defense is as good, and his ability to get others involved is just as good.

Well thanks for the support at the begining of your response LOL!

I posted it because it really took me back that Coach K would say that, I also noted that I did not co-sign his opinion.

I seriously doubt that Coach K's opinion is correct, but I really thought that it was worth discussing.

I also noted that his assist to TO ratio looked solid, but it was actually not much better than Steph's from the year before, meaning there was no need to assume he was for sure going to get that much burn over Steph

New New York

Quiet Storm
Mardy Collin's Defense > Nate, Steph, or Duhon's D

You know if Mardy can get back to the promise he showed at the end of his rookie season, then we have a helluva player! But I don't know what happened last season. Although he did towards the end of last season have a decent stretch.

I for one thought he was the second coming of Derek Harper! Hopefully with Isiah gone Walt Clyde will be able to do some work with him because I still think there is some promise.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
You know if Mardy can get back to the promise he showed at the end of his rookie season, then we have a helluva player! But I don't know what happened last season. Although he did towards the end of last season have a decent stretch.

I for one thought he was the second coming of Derek Harper! Hopefully with Isiah gone Walt Clyde will be able to do some work with him because I still think there is some promise.
What I don't like about Mardy Collins is that he can't shoot jump shots, and he even struggles with making layups and free throws, despite being 6'6 and in good shape. He needs to ask some of the players on the team, like Nate Robinson or Marbury, how to shoot. If he can develop a jump shot, he'll be good to go. He needs to also work on his free throw shooting. Maybe Crawford could help.

Paul1355

All Star
What I don't like about Mardy Collins is that he can't shoot jump shots, and he even struggles with making layups and free throws, despite being 6'6 and in good shape. He needs to ask some of the players on the team, like Nate Robinson or Marbury, how to shoot. If he can develop a jump shot, he'll be good to go. He needs to also work on his free throw shooting. Maybe Crawford could help.

wow i didnt think collins was 6'6? i just looked it up on espn.com i didnnt believe it. That makes me think less of him now that he had height advantage over most people he faced. Collins was great first year comming out of that D league(i think thast were he came from) and proving he's decent. but sicne then he's been a disaster...he cant passs or shoot...horrible passer everytime i saw him play he passed to the wrong team..idc what his stats say he's a scrub to me..we should trade him or send him back down to the D-league.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
wow i didnt think collins was 6'6? i just looked it up on espn.com i didnnt believe it. That makes me think less of him now that he had height advantage over most people he faced. Collins was great first year comming out of that D league(i think thast were he came from) and proving he's decent. but sicne then he's been a disaster...he cant passs or shoot...horrible passer everytime i saw him play he passed to the wrong team..idc what his stats say he's a scrub to me..we should trade him or send him back down to the D-league.
Mardy Collins was a first round pick by Isiah Thomas. We got that pick as part of the Antonio Davis for Jalen Rose trade; the Raptors gave us a draft pick that they received from the Denver Nuggets. He took Collins over Daniel Gibson. Say thank you to our great former coach and GM, and to our current consultant. lol I agree. Collins should be packaged in a trade. I don't believe in him. Collins is a shooting guard that has no offensive ability, so he's forced to play as an oversized point guard. He has potential, but I just don't believe in him.

Kiyaman

Legend
A great Post on Duhorn, but I would not take anything that Coach K says about a NBA Player to serious. Now a H.S. or college player I give coach K a big approval. Duke's Coach K had alot of super-star elite college players that could not make it in the NBA (Does the name PG-Hurley ring any bells).

I dont have anything against Duhorn performance being apart of the Knicks backcourt rotation.
I have a big problem with Crawford & Marbury after 4 years of poor backcourt performances still being on this Knick team. They are not "Team-Players"!

At the hiring of Donnie Walsh, I automatically graded him with a "C+" average from the Indiana Pacers last two years performance. And a new start with the Knicks to wisely use Big spender Owner Dolan money$.
The hiring of a defenseless head coach D'Antoni, force me to give Walsh a "C-" for having experience knowledge of the last 20 years of the Eastern Conference teams which use "DEFENSE" for their success in the NBA.

If Donnie Walsh still have James, Zach, Q.Rich, Malik, Jefferies, Crawford, and Marbury, on the Knick Roster when the 2008 Training Camp begins in October, than he was not the right man for this Knick Job. The Knicks would have done better mending things up with Larry Brown to give him the Job of President of Operation.

Coach D'Antoni who was the assistant coach of Marbury in Phoenix, untill Marbury & Penny Hardaway pulled that stunt in Phoenix to have the Head coach fired after the first month of the regular season where interim coach D'Antoni took over in the 2003-4 season, where Phoenix got rid of both individual player performance (Marbury & Hardaway) that were a serious "Head-Case" to their teammates performances (Marion, Johnson, and Amare) to give coach D'Antoni a fresh start as Head Coach for the 2004-5 season. Inwhich Phoenix signed a FA individual-player "Head-Case" Q.Richardson to a $11 million per contract that they had to get rid of after one season because of the chaos he kept causing in the lockerroom between Phoenix players. Which was the main reason why the LA Clippers Management resigned Brand & Magette that offseason and told Q.Richardson to take a hike in the FA market in the 2004 offseason.

If the Knicks Coach D'Antoni keep Marbury & Q.Richardson on the Knicks roster by Training Camp after having experience both players chaos in the past on the Phoenix Roster, then the explanation for another Knick losing season lies within the Head Coach and his coaching staff. Why? because D'Antoni was giving the Knicks 6th Lottery Pick to do what he wanted to do with it. In Phoenix he traded the picks along with the teams cancer players (thats how the Knicks got Q.Rich and Nate).

The conclusion of this thread is the Knicks would do well in rebuilding this Knick team next season just having Nate, Collins, and Duhorn at the PG position. And Crawford & Marbury should not be on this Knick Team at all next season.

New New York

Quiet Storm
A great Post on Duhorn, but I would not take anything that Coach K says about a NBA Player to serious. Now a H.S. or college player I give coach K a big approval. Duke's Coach K had alot of super-star elite college players that could not make it in the NBA (Does the name PG-Hurley ring any bells).

I dont have anything against Duhorn performance being apart of the Knicks backcourt rotation.
I have a big problem with Crawford & Marbury after 4 years of poor backcourt performances still being on this Knick team. They are not "Team-Players"!

At the hiring of Donnie Walsh, I automatically graded him with a "C+" average from the Indiana Pacers last two years performance. And a new start with the Knicks to wisely use Big spender Owner Dolan money$.
The hiring of a defenseless head coach D'Antoni, force me to give Walsh a "C-" for having experience knowledge of the last 20 years of the Eastern Conference teams which use "DEFENSE" for their success in the NBA.

If Donnie Walsh still have James, Zach, Q.Rich, Malik, Jefferies, Crawford, and Marbury, on the Knick Roster when the 2008 Training Camp begins in October, than he was not the right man for this Knick Job. The Knicks would have done better mending things up with Larry Brown to give him the Job of President of Operation.

Coach D'Antoni who was the assistant coach of Marbury in Phoenix, untill Marbury & Penny Hardaway pulled that stunt in Phoenix to have the Head coach fired after the first month of the regular season where interim coach D'Antoni took over in the 2003-4 season, where Phoenix got rid of both individual player performance (Marbury & Hardaway) that were a serious "Head-Case" to their teammates performances (Marion, Johnson, and Amare) to give coach D'Antoni a fresh start as Head Coach for the 2004-5 season. Inwhich Phoenix signed a FA individual-player "Head-Case" Q.Richardson to a $11 million per contract that they had to get rid of after one season because of the chaos he kept causing in the lockerroom between Phoenix players. Which was the main reason why the LA Clippers Management resigned Brand & Magette that offseason and told Q.Richardson to take a hike in the FA market in the 2004 offseason.

If the Knicks Coach D'Antoni keep Marbury & Q.Richardson on the Knicks roster by Training Camp after having experience both players chaos in the past on the Phoenix Roster, then the explanation for another Knick losing season lies within the Head Coach and his coaching staff. Why? because D'Antoni was giving the Knicks 6th Lottery Pick to do what he wanted to do with it. In Phoenix he traded the picks along with the teams cancer players (thats how the Knicks got Q.Rich and Nate).

The conclusion of this thread is the Knicks would do well in rebuilding this Knick team next season just having Nate, Collins, and Duhorn at the PG position. And Crawford & Marbury should not be on this Knick Team at all next season.

Kinda hard to grade Donnie from his past two season with Indy because he was the Team Ceo and Bird was the GM. Now did he have say on moves absolutely, but, he probably gave Larry the final say on all moves and draft picks. As CEO he was focusing on marketing ideas like dollar beer nights and half court shot prizes, as well as the WNBA Team. Now he is soley the GM of a team. He actually put together three seperate Championship contender teams in Indy. But I do see what you mean, I honestly never understood why we didnt go after Jerry Colangelo. But so far I like how Donnie has handled himself