USA vs Greece Game Thread

rady

Administrator
Staff member
in less then 8 hours, team USA's game against Greece will start. let's cross our fingers and hope we'll see a better performance from duncan & co.
i'll probably even write a short article tomorrow for Fans' Spot

newmove

Rotation player
Thanks Godness they've won (77:71). AI had a great game despite his broken thumd. Duncan did a tremendous job in the third. And Odom showed how to play real D. Carlos had some hot plays!

Way to go fellaz!

pbjb14

Benchwarmer
i cant stand all this announcer trash about how theryre still worried and how this is a abd sign that we can only win by such little and not dominate the whole game against a mediocre greece team

Imiss#33

Benchwarmer
Once the US gets to the medal round...yes, they will get to the medal round...it will come down to 3point shooting...the US could get hot and blow any team in the world out...unfortunately, that can happen against the US too...
BUT, can they really keep shooting this poorly?
I mean c'mon, Steph alone could explode for a ton of points.

JJtheKnick

Starter
i was watching that game and i dont know if you guys saw but the USA werent getting any of the calls. and greece was getting every single lil foul.

rady

Administrator
Staff member
IMO the ref was ok, maybe greece is in more measure to crticize it after that call @ wade

the game was great in general, loved the way marbury played, (if i leave asside that choke in the first quarter). 8 points and 6 assists. much better than his catering against puerto rico. iverson also had a terrific day, i think everybody agrees that he was last night(afternoon)'s star.

i wonder why lebron got so little time? he set the public on fire in the second quarter, 2 slams and one revound in less then a minute. larry must play him more.
anthony was not in his best shape, i saw how much he wanted to score but the ball just didn't wanted to get in.
boozer.. i was expecting to more from him he didn't showed to much.

greece had a nice team and they dominated in the first quarter untill they stopped making zone defense. fotsis, papadopoulos and papanikolau made me watch them carefully

i wanted to write a story about this game but i'll probably wait untill the end of the olympics when i'll have more stuff to put in