11/4/09 New York Knicks V.S. Indiana Pacers GAME THREAD!!!

Giants89FLY

Rotation player
Ladies and Gentlemen, Welcome to Game Number Four of the 2009-2010 New York Knicks Season! Tonight's Game Features....

The Indiana Pacers
logo_indiana_pacers.gif

(0-3)

V.S.

Your.....
NEW YORK KNICKS!
(1-3)

Knicks_Logo.gif

Live From Madison Square Garden! The World's Most famous Arena!

Tip Off - 7:30 P.M.

TV- MSG

madison-square-garden-1.jpg

Lets take a look back at the historic Knicks, Pacer Rivalry....

During the 1990s, both the New York Knicks and the Indiana Pacers were perennial playoff teams. The Knicks, led by All-Star center Patrick Ewing, met with the Reggie Miller-led Pacers in the playoffs six times from 1993 to 2000, fueling a rivalry epitomized by the enmity between Miller and prominent Knicks fan Spike Lee. The bitter rivalry was likened by Miller to the Hatfield-McCoy feud<sup id="cite_ref-0" class="reference"></sup>, and described by The New York Times, in 1998 as being "as combustible as any in the league".<sup id="cite_ref-1" class="reference"></sup>
The rivalry has given Miller the nickname "The Knick Killer".<sup id="cite_ref-2" class="reference"></sup>Miller's clutch performances were frequently followed by jabs at Lee, adding fuel to the greater team rivalry.

reggie-miller-spike-lee.jpg

The Pacers finally reached the NBA finals by defeating the Knicks in the 2000 Eastern Conference Finals, eventually losing to the Lakers in the Finals. The playoff battles between these two franchises led to some of the greatest moments in NBA playoff history, such as Larry Johnson's four-point play in the waning seconds of Game Three of 1999 Eastern Conference Finals, Miller's 25 points in the fourth quarter of Game Five of 1994 Eastern Conference Finals, and Miller's eight points in the last 16 seconds to win Game One of the 1995 Eastern Conference Semifinals.

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Gex2CpfWkwg&hl=en&fs=1&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="340" height="285">
<object width="340" height="285">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Gex2CpfWkwg&hl=en&fs=1&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="340" height="285"></object>

Lets Take A closer look at Tonight's Matchup!

<table class="teams" width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr align="center"><td width="50%">
Indiana Pacers

0-3</td><td width="50%">
New York Knicks

1-3</td></tr></tbody></table><table class="stats" width="439" border="0" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0" height="186"><tbody><tr class="category"><td colspan="3">SCORING

</td></tr><tr><td class="statValue noborder">95.0</td><td class="statlabel noborder"> Points/Game</td><td class="statValue noborder">109.2</td></tr><tr><td class="statValue">42.8</td><td class="statlabel"> Field Goal %</td><td class="statValue">42.6</td></tr><tr><td class="statValue">80.0</td><td class="statlabel"> Free Throw %</td><td class="statValue">82.4</td></tr><tr><td class="statValue">27.0</td><td class="statlabel"> Three Point %</td><td class="statValue">28.8</td></tr><tr class="category"><td colspan="3">
DEFENSE

</td></tr><tr><td class="statValue noborder">41.0</td><td class="statlabel noborder"> Rebounds/Game</td><td class="statValue noborder">41.0</td></tr><tr><td class="statValue">5.7</td><td class="statlabel"> Steals/Game</td><td class="statValue">7.0</td></tr><tr><td class="statValue">7.7</td><td class="statlabel"> Blocks/Game</td><td class="statValue">4.5</td></tr></tbody></table>

Lets Take A Look At Tonight's Injury Report!

Injuries
first-aid.gif

<table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr valign="top"><td width="49%"><!-- util1:/var/tools/baseball/INJURY/normandy/myAaToTbl.pl --> <table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="1"> <tbody><tr class="bg0away"><td class="bg0fontaway" colspan="2">

Indiana
</td></tr> <tr class="bg1" align="center"><td align="left">Player</td><td align="left">Injury</td></tr> <tr class="bg2" align="center" valign="top"><td align="left">T. Diener</td><td align="left">Toe</td></tr><tr class="bg2" align="center" valign="top"><td align="left">M. Dunleavy</td><td align="left">Knee, hip</td></tr><tr class="bg2" align="center" valign="top"><td align="left">J. Foster</td><td align="left">Ankle</td></tr><tr class="bg2" align="center" valign="top"><td align="left">T. Hansbrough</td><td align="left">Shin</td></tr></tbody></table>
</td><td width="2%"> </td><td width="49%">
<!-- util1:/var/tools/baseball/INJURY/normandy/myAaToTbl.pl -->​

<table width="249" border="0" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="1" height="110"> <tbody><tr class="bg0home" align="left"><td class="bg0fonthome" colspan="2">

New York
</td></tr> <tr class="bg1" align="center"><td align="left">Player</td><td align="left">Injury</td></tr> <tr class="bg2" align="center" valign="top"><td align="left">E. Curry</td><td align="left">Calf</td></tr><tr class="bg2" align="center" valign="top"><td align="left">N. Robinson</td><td align="left">Ankle</td></tr></tbody></table>
</td></tr></tbody></table>

Team Comparison

<table width="535" height="106"><thead> <tr> <th>Team</th> <th>Record</th> <th>Standings</th> <th>PF</th> <th>PA</th> <th>Road/Home</th> <th>Streak</th> <th>L10</th> </tr> </thead> <tbody> <tr> <td> Indiana </td> <td>0-3</td> <td>5th Central / 14th East</td> <td>95.0</td> <td>109.0</td> <td>Road 0-1</td> <td>Lost 3</td> <td>0-3</td> </tr> <tr> <td> New York </td> <td>1-3</td> <td>4th Atlantic / 13th East</td> <td>109.3</td> <td>117.3</td> <td>Home 1-1</td> <td>Won 1</td> <td>1-3</td></tr></tbody></table>

Quick Notes

-Indiana (0-3) lost again Tuesday, falling 111-93 to Denver while shooting 39.6 percent (36 for 91) from the floor, including a 3-for-22 performance from 3-point range. That dismal showing from beyond the arc came after the team went 4 for 23 in a 96-83 defeat to Miami on Friday.

-Indiana is averaging 95.0 points over three games after ranking second in the Eastern Conference last season with 105.1, one-tenth of a point behind New York.

-Al Harrington has been impressive as New York’s top reserve over the last two games, totaling 66 points while shooting 24 for 44 from the floor. The forward-center had 32 points on 12 for 34 from the field as a starter over the previous two contests. Harrington spent his first six seasons with the Pacers after being drafted 25th overall in 1998. He averaged 28.3 points in three meetings against his former club last season.

-The Knicks took two of three matchups with Indiana last year, as the teams split two games at Madison Square Garden.

-The Pacers haven't started 0-4 since losing the first nine games of the 1988-89 season, setting a team record.

And nowww.... The Starting Lineups... First The pacers...

moz-screenshot.png
Pacers-Starters_v_Knicks_1.png

And now... The Starting Lineup For your, New York KNICKS!!!!!!!!!:gony::gony::gony:

<object width="340" height="285">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SxXoQLdKXAE&hl=en&fs=1&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="340" height="285"></object>

At Forward at 6'8 From Depaul #21 - Wilson Chandler!
act_wilson_chandler.jpg

At Forward at 6'10 From Italy #8 - Danilo Galinari!
act_danilo_gallinari.jpg

At Guard At 6'5 From St. Louis #0 - Larry Hughes!
act_larry_hughes.jpg

At Center at 6'9 From Florida #42 David Lee!
act_david_lee.jpg

At Guard at 6'1 From Duke #1 Chris Duhon!
act_chris_duhon.jpg

it.jpg

Tonight's Key To The Game!

GoldKey.jpg

Leadership

Who can step up tonight and make plays? When you don't have an established superstar you have to rely on all 5 to contribute.... Let's see a TOTAL team effort tonight!
:gony::beer::gony:

KNICKS NEXT 5 Games....

<table class="listTable" width="100%" border="1" bordercolor="#000000" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td class="lt_date">Fri 06</td><td class="lt_opponent"> vs Cleveland </td><td class="lt_time"> 8:00pm</td><td class="lt_localtv"> MSG</td><td class="lt_nattv">
broadcast_ESPN.gif
</td><td class="lt_radio"> ESPN 1050</td></tr><tr><td class="lt_date"> Sat 07</td><td class="lt_opponent"> @ Milwaukee </td><td class="lt_time"> 8:30pm</td><td class="lt_localtv"> MSG</td><td class="lt_nattv"> </td><td class="lt_radio"> ESPN 1050</td></tr><tr><td class="lt_date"> Mon 09</td><td class="lt_opponent"> vs Utah </td><td class="lt_time"> 7:30pm</td><td class="lt_localtv"> MSG</td><td class="lt_nattv"> </td><td class="lt_radio"> ESPN 1050</td></tr><tr><td class="lt_date"> Wed 11</td><td class="lt_opponent"> vs Atlanta </td><td class="lt_time"> 7:30pm</td><td class="lt_localtv"> MSG</td><td class="lt_nattv"> </td><td class="lt_radio"> ESPN 1050</td></tr><tr><td class="lt_date"> Fri 13</td><td class="lt_opponent"> vs Golden State </td><td class="lt_time"> 7:30pm</td><td class="lt_localtv"> MSG</td><td class="lt_nattv"> </td><td class="lt_radio"> ESPN 1050</td></tr></tbody></table>
<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="http://widgets.clearspring.com/o/49022a9858696414/4af1d2eb44ac4f75/4ae794649489f096/44b2e486" id="W49022a98586964144af1d2eb44ac4f75" width="289" height="260">

</object>

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="http://widgets.clearspring.com/o/472a175c45792131/4af1d300fee13fa5/4ae79454fc224b41/94f40438/-cpid/ffbd76963ee70fd" id="W472a175c457921314af1d300fee13fa5" width="300" height="387">

</object>

GIANTS89FLY PREDICTION

crystal_ball2_bmwPreview.jpg

Knicks 97 Pacers 93

<table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr class="bg0" align="left"><td colspan="3">Other NBA ACTION!
</td></tr><tr class="bg2" align="right" height="17" valign="middle"><td align="left"> <table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"> <tbody><tr> <td class="bg2" width="40%">Pho</td> <td class="bg2" width="25%" align="right"> </td> <td class="bg2" rowspan="2" width="34%" align="right"><script language="JavaScript">document.write(formatTime('%I:%M
%p','1257379200'));</script>7:00
pm
</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="bg2">Orl</td> <td class="bg2" align="right"> </td> </tr> </tbody></table></td><td> <table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"> <tbody><tr> <td class="bg2" width="40%">Mia</td> <td class="bg2" width="25%" align="right"> </td> <td class="bg2" rowspan="2" width="34%" align="right"><script language="JavaScript">document.write(formatTime('%I:%M
pm
</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="bg2">Wash</td> <td class="bg2" align="right"> </td> </tr> </tbody></table></td><td> <table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"> <tbody><tr> <td class="bg2" width="40%">Det</td> <td class="bg2" width="25%" align="right"> </td> <td class="bg2" rowspan="2" width="34%" align="right"><script language="JavaScript">document.write(formatTime('%I:%M
pm
</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="bg2">Tor</td> <td class="bg2" align="right"> </td> </tr> </tbody></table></td></tr><tr class="bg2" align="right" height="17" valign="middle"><td align="left"> <table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"> <tbody><tr> <td class="bg2" width="40%">Den</td> <td class="bg2" width="25%" align="right"> </td> <td class="bg2" rowspan="2" width="34%" align="right"><script language="JavaScript">document.write(formatTime('%I:%M
%p','1257381000'));</script>7:30
pm
</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="bg2">NJ</td> <td class="bg2" align="right"> </td> </tr> </tbody></table></td><td> <table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"> <tbody><tr> <td class="bg2" width="40%">Bos</td> <td class="bg2" width="25%" align="right"> </td> <td class="bg2" rowspan="2" width="34%" align="right"><script language="JavaScript">document.write(formatTime('%I:%M
%p','1257382800'));</script>8:00
pm
</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="bg2">Min</td> <td class="bg2" align="right"> </td> </tr> </tbody></table></td><td> <table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"> <tbody><tr> <td class="bg2" width="40%">LAL</td> <td class="bg2" width="25%" align="right"> </td> <td class="bg2" rowspan="2" width="34%" align="right"><script language="JavaScript">document.write(formatTime('%I:%M
%p','1257384600'));</script>8:30
pm
</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="bg2">Hou</td> <td class="bg2" align="right"> </td> </tr> </tbody></table></td></tr><tr class="bg2" align="right" height="17" valign="middle"><td align="left"> <table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"> <tbody><tr> <td class="bg2" width="40%">Dal</td> <td class="bg2" width="25%" align="right"> </td> <td class="bg2" rowspan="2" width="34%" align="right"><script language="JavaScript">document.write(formatTime('%I:%M
%p','1257388200'));</script>9:30
pm
</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="bg2">NO</td> <td class="bg2" align="right"> </td> </tr> </tbody></table></td><td> <table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"> <tbody><tr> <td class="bg2" width="40%">Atl</td> <td class="bg2" width="25%" align="right"> </td> <td class="bg2" rowspan="2" width="34%" align="right"><script language="JavaScript">document.write(formatTime('%I:%M
%p','1257390000'));</script>10:00
pm
</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="bg2">Sac</td> <td class="bg2" align="right"> </td> </tr> </tbody></table></td><td> <table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"> <tbody><tr> <td class="bg2" width="40%">Mem</td> <td class="bg2" width="25%" align="right"> </td> <td class="bg2" rowspan="2" width="34%" align="right"><script language="JavaScript">document.write(formatTime('%I:%M
%p','1257391800'));</script>10:30
pm
</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="bg2">GS</td> <td class="bg2" align="right"> </td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table>

Thanks for joining me!
for knicksonline, I'm Giants89FLY

Go Knicks, And Go Yankees...

:beer:
pacers-vs-knicks.jpg

Last edited:

GetRealistic

Starter
Other then Fridays game against the Cavs this would be a good opportunity to get a winning streak going. We def have some winnable games.

Papajoe

Benchwarmer
This should be and this has to be a good night for the Knicks. They are at home playing against a winless team. In addition, the Pacers played and lost last night. The Knicks were off and should be rested. They are at home. If they come out and play the first quarter like they played against the Hornets, it will be a successful evening. Their usual quality 4th quarter play, in addition to a tired opponent, should be enough for them to get the win. Keep an eye on Granger. If he goes off big, the Knicks could be in trouble. Hopefully they play smart and with a purpose tonight.

LeFlume

All Star
I Think Troy Murphy is out for The Pacers. He left the game early yesterday and did not return. He is also listed as doubtful at Donbest and a few other Sportsbetting sites

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
we gotta win this game and gain momentum for the friday night showdown on espn. hopefully a strong game by chandler and gallo tongiht, nd not as much 3's chucking. im also hoping larry hughes continues to play well and make sure his shot selection is always high percentage

umynot

Benchwarmer
Tommy Dee printed that we changed line up again........... Hughes back to bench? Please say it aint so?

jpz17

Starter
i see you stealing some stuff from me :p

that is fine im just kidding

good thread, hopefully a good game

TunerAddict

Starter
****ing Al Harrington man...Guy needs to learn what a good shot is....He is so good when driving and doing the spin move over and over again...But damn is he terrible as a jumpshooter...

DANUTZ39

Benchwarmer
Last year before he broke down duhon was the shhit now he's just shhit.

Gallo, Lee, Chandler FG% .463 on 19 for 41.

Duhon, Harrington, Hughes FG% .305 ON 11 for 36. Out of those 36 shots 16(almost half) were 3 pointers.

Why duhon and hughes took 12 3pointers I dont know but we are in for a long year if we dont figure it out who should take 3's and who not.

DANUTZ39

Benchwarmer
At least the night was not a complete waste with Yankees (and I' m a Mets fan) winning the World Series. If not for me at least a good night for NEW YORK.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
the game was depressing. second half was just not good... i really hate it when gallo runs to a corner and doesnt touch the ball at all. he needs to get more aggressive and demand the ball more times. i was hoping to gain some momentum for the huge game tomorrow. the last thing i was is for us to get embarrased on national tv. the cavs are rolling and we just lost to the ****ing pacers who are missing like half their team. if the yanks didnt win i would be trully pissed lol

Oldtimer

Rotation player
Bad Game

This game was depressing. There was no decent guard play at all. The ball movement is terrible. There is no purposeful passing. There are no apparent half court plays other than attempted pick and rolls between Duhon and Lee. I do not believe I have ever seen a pick to free up Gallinari. And he needs some strength. He does not appear to be a good finisher.

Harrington is a great athlete, but he wants to do it all himself

I do not like Duhon. I have NBA League Pass and I have watched a couple of Milwaukee games. Jennings is so much better than Duhon. He is going to be special. Hill might turn into a good player, but he will never be special. We blew this draft. We could have and should have taken Jennings. This failure will prove worse than passing on Rondo to take Balkman.

Where is our pont guard going forward? Douglas is a pest defensively, but I think he is limited. We have no first round draft pick next year and there is no decent point guard free agent until 2011. Even if we eventually get Rubio, it will not be before 2012.

LeBron is not coming. We have a couple more bad years in front of us

clumsy

Rotation player
Harrington wants his last big paying contract. That is what he wants. He's playing mad selfish hoping he can have All Star numbers.