3249.jpg
2184.jpg
3120.jpg

PG- Mario Chalmers
SG- Dwayne Wade
SF- Jamario Moon
PF- Udonis Haslem
C- Jermaine O'Neal

Already an MVP candidate, Miami Heat guard Dwyane Wade has been playing some of his best basketball since the All-Star break. Nate Robinson of the New York Knicks has been nearly as hot.
Neither player, however, has been able to keep his team from struggling.
In a matchup pitting two of the NBA's highest scorers since the All-Star break, Wade and the Heat look to avoid their fourth loss in six games Saturday night when they host Robinson and the Knicks, losers of three of four.
Wade, the league's leading scorer with 28.7 points per game, is also first since the break with 32.8, while Robinson ranks fourth with 27.2. That individual success, however, hasn't translated to the Heat (30-27) and Knicks (24-34).
Miami has dropped three of five, including a 91-83 defeat at Atlanta on Friday night. Wade had 21 points and 10 assists while going 9-for-17 from the field in a key matchup with a division rival competing with the Heat for the fourth playoff spot in the Eastern Conference. The rest of Miami's starting lineup combined for 24 points and 10-for-31 shooting.
"It took us a long while to get into the tempo of the game and really make an effort on both ends," Heat coach Erik Spoelstra said. "We weren't playing at the right pace, cutting hard on offense, setting screens, the details, things we were working on the last couple of days."
New York won its first two games after the All-Star break thanks in large part to Robinson's play before dropping three of its last four.
Robinson was held to his lowest point total of the season's second half with 14 on Friday night, and the Knicks fell 108-103 at home against Philadelphia.
While Robinson had a subpar performance, fellow reserve guard Larry Hughes thrived.
Hughes, who combined to shoot 4-for-22 in his first three games with New York after coming over from Chicago at the trade deadline, scored 25 points and went 9-for-16 from the floor. He started the second half and promptly made 3 of 4 3-point attempts to help the Knicks get back into the game after falling behind by 22 early.
Though the rally fell short, Knicks coach Mike D'Antoni liked what he saw from Hughes.
"We're just really happy for him," D'Antoni said. "You always try to find a bright spot, and that's definitely a bright spot. We can work on this. We can get a lot better."
Robinson and Hughes hope they can help the Knicks continue their recent success against the Heat. New York has won six of the teams' last seven meetings, including four straight. It hasn't had a longer winning streak against Miami since a seven-game run from Jan. 22, 1995-Jan. 29, 1996. This is the first matchup between the Knicks and Heat since New York's 120-115 victory at Madison Square Garden on Oct. 29. Wade had 26 points, nine assists and seven rebounds in that game, while Robinson had 13 points and seven assists.
Highlights From Last Game:

Song of the Day:

Last edited:

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
Nice thread Jay. I love the song, respiration is amazing. Mos Def and talib are vastly underrated in my opinion, and when you add common (sense), an amazing collab. BTW the 2nd part of talib's verse is missing in the music vid.

Dwayne Wade will murder. We need to try to contain him. If that is even possible. I really want to see if JO matches up wih DLee and what will happen there.

My heart says we will win but my gut says we will lose.

JayJ44

Starter
Thanks, streetdreams. Those are 3 of my favorite rappers, so this is one of my favorite songs.

Are the player widget things showing up? I can't tell with my crappy computer lol.

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
Thanks, streetdreams. Those are 3 of my favorite rappers, so this is one of my favorite songs.

Are the player widget things showing up? I can't tell with my crappy computer lol.
3 of the best in the game for real.

and some not all. harrington, jeffires, diawara, wade, and o neal are all showing up on mine. My comp sucks too though...

JayJ44

Starter
:update:
Larry Hughes is starting tonight. I guess after his game yesterday, D'antoni is impressed. I'd rather see Nate starting, but whatever.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Very nice game thread....Thats one of my favorite songs. Whos got the best verse on that? All 3 of them had great verses but i gotta go with common sense.

Nate Robinson is a shorter, faster, and more athletic version of Dwayne Wade.

JayJ44

Starter
Thanks MSG. I agree, common's is nicest in this song. To me, it goes:
1. Common
2. Mos Def
3. Talib

But they all did a real nice job on this one.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I cant choose between Mos Def and Talib, I would probably say Talib has the more lyrical verse but Mos has the better flow.

Duhon finally decided to score some points tonight...

smh @ shallow waters trying to take it in on Jermaine Oneal

JayJ44

Starter
I cant choose between Mos Def and Talib, I would probably say Talib has the more lyrical verse but Mos has the better flow.

Duhon finally decided to score some points tonight...

smh @ shallow waters trying to take it in on Jermaine Oneal

Duhon is taking awful shots, but they're going in somehow. I'm not complaining.

:lol: @ shallow waters. Didn't Kenny Smith call him that all the time when he called knick games?

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
Thanks MSG. I agree, common's is nicest in this song. To me, it goes:
1. Common
2. Mos Def
3. Talib

But they all did a real nice job on this one.

Wow my list is:

1. talib
2. common
3. mos

,i only like talibs more though cuz its more lyrical. I cant even rap it without twisting my tongue.

I cant see the game right now, just the boxscore. Looks like duhon brought his shooting game today.

JayJ44

Starter
Wow my list is:

1. talib
2. common
3. mos

,i only like talibs more though cuz its more lyrical. I cant even rap it without twisting my tongue.

I cant see the game right now, just the boxscore. Looks like duhon brought his shooting game today.

They're all so good, it could easily go any way. That's why it's such a good song.

JayJ44

Starter
definitely. Too bad black Star only made one album though. Some classic stuff right there.

Mos Def, Talib, and Common should get together and make an album together. 3 of the best and most socially conscious rappers today.

We're playing very well. Our offense is clicking and our defense isn't bad. Such a difference from most of last night.

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
Afrocentricity is what rap is supposed to be. Mos Def, Talib Kweli, and Common have different styles of that but all flow well and would make an album for the ages. I'm really feelin The Light by Common right about now.

Harrington has gotton to the line alot. Nate continues his hot streak. Duhon shooting wel. Not bad at all, defense is working. As long as Duhon doesn't start to blow up with turnovers, i think we got this.

JayJ44

Starter
Yeah, the light is another one of my favorite songs. He's got such good flow on that one. Off the same album, Like Water for Chocolate, is probably Common's 2nd best song, the 6th sense. I love that one.

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
Yeah, the light is another one of my favorite songs. He's got such good flow on that one. Off the same album, Like Water for Chocolate, is probably Common's 2nd best song, the 6th sense. I love that one.

I havent heard that song but i'll definitely check it

Common's best: I Used to Love H.E.R. amazing.