What happened

rady

Administrator
Staff member
2 days ago, the forum suffered an attack from a hacker from Saudi Arabia. The front page was changed and my username was deleted. The hacker also modified the password to user "admin" and inserted some scripts in some of the forum's templates - possible for further hackings.
We had a backup from june 21st but by mistake was deleted by me when i tried to restore the harm that was done. I then had to ask for a backup that my hosting company had, but i had to pay some cash for it. Unfortunatelly, the talks between me and them were very confusing, they said they restore it several times, in fact what they restored was the same hacked database. In the end we managed to bring it back, and it's a copy of what the forum looked like in june 24th.
I'm extremely frustrated for what happened, especially because we lost all the latest threads (i noticed there was one about allan houston returning for a western conf. team, then there was the draft thread, the zach randolph one).. they're all gone but still happy for not having to start the forum from the scratch.

Hell, it's good to be back!

d2319

Benchwarmer
Thanks man! I was scared when I clicked forums. Then I thought it might be a joke. Then some terriorist thing or something! Thank God its gone! It was kind of scary to tell you the truth!

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
Rady thanks for doing a good job and giving us knick fans a forum where we can express our thoughts, and thanks for your hard work in getting rid of that problem. Was that the first time we got hacked, and why us?

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Rady thanks for doing a good job and giving us knick fans a forum where we can express our thoughts, and thanks for your hard work in getting rid of that problem. Was that the first time we got hacked, and why us?

these things happen i don't know why. people don't have personal lifes or are very frustrated about themselves :)
no, this was not the first time, in december 2004 we got hacked again (i think the attack was from norway back then, or something like that) and the same, they deleted my username so it was a real pain to restore it (especially since i didn't had a backup). the next day, the same hacker took down teslawo's allknicks.com and pointed to knicksonline as if we told him to do it.
there're a lot of idiots around the world, and you can't do too much about them.. just hope they die haha

Kiyaman

Legend
Wazup Rady, you did a very complete job, whomever it was that hacked in froze my data for 24 hours while I was responding to the Draft thread. The more I kept rebooting the worse things got. So I had to clean my entire memory to get them out.
It's a crying shame when someone is that lonely and bored that their way for getting attention becomes destructive methods only.

RESPECT
KIYA