GOLD MAC 10 ends Paul vs Williams debate!!!

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
The Official MSG Deboe/Kimbo Slice/Mac 10 murder

Chris Paul vs. Deron Williams

The past means nothing. If your talking about whos the better point guard right now, don?t even bother looking at stats from last season or 5 years ago. For the record, the only season where Williams was better then Paul was the year Paul was hurt, if you count that.

Opposing argument - Deron Williams always outplays Chris Paul, every time

*In 2 games against Cleveland, Williams is only averaging 13ppg and 5topg, in 40.7 minutes. I guess this means Daniel Gibson is better the Deron Williams, right?

November 23

Chris Paul-15pts(5-12),6rbs,6asts,4to,2stls
Deron Williams-12pts(6-9),7asts,3rbs,4to, no steals/blocks

Close, but slight edge to Paul

February 4

Chris Paul-6pts(3-11),6asts,4rbs,1stl,5to,5pf
Deron Williams-29pts(11-13),11asts,3rbs,1stl,3to

Chris Paul wins again. Just kidding, Williams easily takes this one. Next game is February 29 in New Orleans. First 2 games were both played in Utah.

Do the above stats mean anything? Can you base your opinion of who?s the better player off of head to head matchups?

The answer is no. Its not like the Jazz and Hornets play each other all 82 games of the year.

4/82=.048>>>4.8%

I find it crazy that you base your opinion off of 4.8% of the season, which is 4 out of 82 games.

Lets look at the stats we should be looking at, for the entire season. I don?t appreciate college dropouts wasting my time, thinking their on my level. So far almost all of this has been a waste of my time, because of your ignorance. I wont use abbreviations, just because you probably don?t know what ppg and rpg mean.

2007-08 Stats

Deron Williams

37 minutes per game
19.3 points per game
9.7 assists per game
3 rebounds per game
51.8 field goal %
40.9 3 point %
80.2 Free throw %
1.17 steals per game
3.5 turnoves per game

Chris Paul

37.6 minutes per game
20.7 points per game
10.9 assists per game
4 rebounds per game
47.8 field goal %
87.8 free throw %
34.8 3 point %
2.7 steals per game
2.6 turnoves per game

Assists: Chris Paul=+1.2
Rebounds: Chris Paul=+1

Field Goal%: Deron Williams=+4%
3 point %: Deron Williams=+6.1%

Free Throw %: Chris Paul=+7.6%
Steals: Chris Paul=+1.53 (Over twice as many as Williams)
Turnovers: Chris Paul= - .9topg

Chris Paul wins 6 to 2. But theres one last argument, who has better teammate? Lets find out:

Utah Jazz

Carlos Boozer-21.5ppg,10.8rpg
Mehmet Okur-13.1ppg,6.2rpg
Andrei Kirilenko-11.9ppg,5.4rpg,4.4apg,1.7bpg,1.4spg
Ronnie Brewer-11.8ppg
Kyle Korver-10.8ppg
Matt Harpring-8.3ppg
Paul Millsap-8.1ppg,5.7rpg

New Orleans Hornets

David West-19.8ppg,9.1rpg,1.3bpg
Peja Stojakovic-16.3ppg,4rpg
Tyson Chandler-12ppg,12.4rpg,1bpg
Morris Peterson-8.6ppg,2.9rpg
Jannero Pargo-8.1ppg,2.5apg
Bobby Jackson-7.1ppg,2.4rpg
Rasual Butler-5.2ppg

-After Williams, AK47 leads Jazz with 4.4 assists per game
-After Paul, Pargo leads Hornets with 2.5 assists per game

Its very easy to see that Deron Williams has more help then Chris Paul. We have to remember that Korver might only be averaging 10.8 points per game, but on a given night he can go off and score 20+ easily.

Chris Paul is a much better defender then Deron Williams. Not only is he averaging over twice as many steals per game, but several other point guards have had big scoring games against Williams, including Stephon Marbury.

I think this argument is over. Another loss for the college dropout. Your ignorance has wasted a lot of time. I sent a message recently to everyone, but apparently I have to re-send it.

When I say something, don?t ever question me. I made an example out of you pancakes, when I say something believe it. I speak nothing but facts, and I promise embarrassment to anyone who tries to out-smarten me, like pancakes. Hes taken a big loss, I wouldn?t be surprised to see him never come back onto ko.com again. IM not to be f*cked with, all you stupid f*ckas, im given you a free listen. Sit back and take notes, the f*ckin Gold Mac 10 is at it again. EC House special is the 1st ever example of a poster who is so dumb that they need to be banned.

Whos talkin about Deron Williams for MVP? No one, hes a good player but not an MVP. Chris Paul is arguably the best player in the league, he made David West an all-star.

That?s all I got to say, next time you disagree with me remember this assholes.

Oh yea, for everyone who still dont know where the GOLD MAC 10 is from, here you go. Look at the last minute of the video.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Chris Paul is definitely playing great basketball. Even Isiah Thomas said Paul's early stages of his career have been better than Isiah's early stages in his career.Paul has a lot of potential. If he keeps playing like this, he'll definitely be a hall of famer.He has the defense, offense, and passing ability.

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
If he keeps playing like this, he'll definitely be a hall of famer.He has the defense, offense, and passing ability.

I agree, but lets hope that he Doesn't get injured, and that ruines his career, this happened to some guys in the league before, but I think he will be okay, just injuries make people worry about this guy, but other then that he is a great player.

February 4

Chris Paul-6pts(3-11),6asts,4rbs,1stl,5to,5pf
Deron Williams-29pts(11-13),11asts,3rbs,1stl,3to

Chris Paul wins again.

:lol::lol::lol:

That might be the funniest thing I ever read on here, nice one msg. Next game on the 29th should be really interesting, Paul whether you want to admit it or not has got a lot to prove against Williams.

The Chris Paul/Deron Williams debate will rage on for the rest of their careers if they keep on their respective paths. They are both great players and thus far I would rather have D. Will, you and Metro, Chris Paul. At this point in their careers neither of us are right or wrong. Time will tell or maybe it won't and it will always be one of those hotly contested debates a la Magic Johnson/Larry Bird.

metrocard

Legend
Thats the worst MVP list I ever seen in my life; no one is agreeing with Pancakes and this awesome thread of ownage got boring when Pancakes jumped and took another lost by repeating himself and not hitting back against the combos MSG landed. Seeing this guy get beat down is REALLY boring the shit out of the forum.

DaTruth and I don't agree on a lot of things, but knowing Chris Paul is that nigga is a solidify FACT we could agree on, ..hop off William's nuts now, you got a thing for light skin brothas eh?

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Thats the worst MVP list I ever seen in my life; no one is agreeing with Pancakes and this awesome thread of ownage got boring when Pancakes jumped and took another lost by repeating himself and not hitting back against the combos MSG landed. Seeing this guy get beat down is REALLY boring the shit out of the forum.

DaTruth and I don't agree on a lot of things, but knowing Chris Paul is that nigga is a solidify FACT we could agree on, ..hop off William's nuts now, you got a thing for light skin brothas eh?
lol I've noticed this a lot in the NBA. For some reason, players that are light skinned get so much more credit than they deserved. For Ex: Steve Nash 2x MVP and Dirk Nowitzki 2007 MVP. I'm not saying those guys aren't top players in the NBA, but how do you give Nash MVP in a year where Wade wins a championship with the Heat, and how does Dirk get it, when his team got knocked out in the first round by the Warriors?

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
lol I've noticed this a lot in the NBA. For some reason, players that are light skinned get so much more credit than they deserved. For Ex: Steve Nash 2x MVP and Dirk Nowitzki 2007 MVP. I'm not saying those guys aren't top players in the NBA, but how do you give Nash MVP in a year where Wade wins a championship with the Heat, and how does Dirk get it, when his team got knocked out in the first round by the Warriors?

the last couple of years i would always say a PG shouldnt get MVP since Jkidd was robbed twice early in his NJ career but this year chris paul made david west an all star and i believe the hornets got the best record in the west if not top 3 and chris paul is putting up crazy ass numbers

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
the last couple of years i would always say a PG shouldnt get MVP since Jkidd was robbed twice early in his NJ career but this year chris paul made david west an all star and i believe the hornets got the best record in the west if not top 3 and chris paul is putting up crazy ass numbers
I think the PG is the position that's hardest to win MVP from, cause PG is the leadership position. You gotta know when to pass and when to shoot, you gotta defend, you gotta make your teammates better, and you gotta win. Chris Paul did all of that this year, so I definitely think he deserves it this year.

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
Its not like that dont bring race into MVP selections please..

But I will say LeBron James gets cheated out of the MVP all the time, I get mad cause he really does deserve a MVP.

Kobe or Lebron will win the MVP this year and that's a 'solidify fact'.:rolling:

knicklover

Benchwarmer

The voting takes place BEFORE the playoffs end.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
:lol::lol::lol:

That might be the funniest thing I ever read on here, nice one msg. Next game on the 29th should be really interesting, Paul whether you want to admit it or not has got a lot to prove against Williams.

The Chris Paul/Deron Williams debate will rage on for the rest of their careers if they keep on their respective paths. They are both great players and thus far I would rather have D. Will, you and Metro, Chris Paul. At this point in their careers neither of us are right or wrong. Time will tell or maybe it won't and it will always be one of those hotly contested debates a la Magic Johnson/Larry Bird.

Theres really no debate, there never was. Stop dreamin about f*ckin light skinned dudes and open your eyes to the facts. No matter what stats and analysis I throw at you, you continue to say Williams is better. At this point I cant respect anything you say anymore, until you come out of your state of denial. You obviously took an L, and have taken several other L's in your 2 months on this site. Sayin that you would take DW over CP3 is 100% ignorant and Isiah thomas-like....you would make a terrible gm. I cant believe your still sayin that, when the facts (not opinions) are clearly stated above. At this point all i got to say is F*ck outta here kid.

GetRealistic

Starter
Hey Eddy Currys House Special all you need is a stupid picture of a gun, some youtube videos and a sef-proclaimed nickname and you'll be able to say you won a debate that has no winner.

Williams or Paul its a matter of personal choice. But theres just cetain things some posters on this site will never understand.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Hey Eddy Currys House Special all you need is a stupid picture of a gun, some youtube videos and a sef-proclaimed nickname and you'll be able to say you won a debate that has no winner.

Williams or Paul its a matter of personal choice. But theres just cetain things some posters on this site will never understand.

I gotta admit this post got me crackin up. At least EC's house special can write more then a paragraph. Its too bad, I dont expect him to be comin on here as much from now on. Just another victim of the MAC 10, you can be next kid.

Toons

is the Bo$$
some people dont understand the meaning of a "personal opinion".....cp3 is better than dwill tho, on the real

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
some people dont understand the meaning of a "personal opinion".....cp3 is better than dwill tho, on the real

Sometimes opinions are accepted but not when your talkin about facts

CP3>>>DW

Next Arguement: Whos the best of these 3?

Dwight Howard
Amare Stoudamire
Kevin Garnett