We may have to face our fear and play this year without a PG

Hayato

Benchwarmer
baron's status is STILL very unclear and he'll be fragile even when he does come back. it looks like such a bad move now getting rid of billups. might as well let Lin start. d'antoni could gladly walk out the door though

skisloper

Starter
baron's status is STILL very unclear and he'll be fragile even when he does come back. it looks like such a bad move now getting rid of billups. might as well let Lin start. d'antoni could gladly walk out the door though

Stick with the starting 5 we have as they are playing better,,,,,
Lin comes in for either Fields or Shump and plays the point.....work the guy in..
NO MORE TD.....Let him sit for 2 weeks and reevaluate then

BachaCho

Benchwarmer
Stick with the starting 5 we have as they are playing better,,,,,
Lin comes in for either Fields or Shump and plays the point.....work the guy in..
NO MORE TD.....Let him sit for 2 weeks and reevaluate then

I dont get it though, theres absolutly no PG's in the market we can get? Hell ill even take Gilbert Arenas now... Why arent they being very aggresive and trying to get Ramon Sessions?? Any PG??

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Sessions is very unlikely, because all what we can offer doesn't meet Cavs' demands. However, we can chase Brooks who currently plays in China, the problem is his team has the best record in the CBA and the expectations are they can get really far. Of course, there is still the 2012 offseason, but all above average PGs are beyond are financial possibilities (MLE). I assume the only way to get a solid point guard is trade someone for a 1st round pick or eventually offer our MLE to Augustin and hope Charlotte won't match it (he will be an RFA).

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
i agree getting rid of billups was not a smart move, why amnesty him when his contract is coming off the books soon? For tyson chandler? as much as i love the mans defense presence and rebounding, for a guy so limited on offense you sign him to a 4 year 58 million dollar contract? i know he just won the championship and all but thats way to much for him tyson was basically the dirty work player for dallas grabbing important rebs and making defensive stops, he was the key to thier championship but he's not worth that much money. especially when the next free agency will be one of the deepest free agencies we have seen.

i dont see no reason why we couldn't sign a Vet center or 2 and develop jordan, everytime i see that kid on the court he's always doing something good we send him overseas to develop more skills bring him back to hardly see any play time on the court? cmon son this organization is blinded by the "BIG NAME PLAYERS"

without signing chandler, bibby, novak, Lin and if our front office was smart at making decisions coming march we could of possibly had a lineup of

billups/shump
Crawford/JR
Melo/fields/walker
stat/martin/evans/jorts
Dalembert/jerome/jeffries

yes you have 2 chuckers at the sg position but there both capable of dropping 20+ any given night.

(amnesty balkman)
(trade TD for a second round pick/cash)

-i say we would have a better chance of grabbing martin&jr if billups was still here. Melo&billups could of both convinced them in coming. give smith the MLE and pray Martin takes the 1 year deal <-- mostly likey not but worth a try.

- not only would this team have no problem scoring, but depending on how you play around with the lineups they have a solid chance at being a good defensive team as well. deeper bench, and good rotations.

Last edited:

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Billups wasn't going to solve our huge hole in the paint, unless you were counting on Turiaf to stay healthy long enough and for the post-season.

Come on, I'm tired of this post-trade garbage. D'Antoni and Amar'e being lazy most of the season are the real problems.

skisloper

Starter
For the life of me I just do not understand how we went into the season with the only true PG on the roster being Mike Bibby.

I cannot believe after we signed Chandler there was not a sense of urgency to find us a PG.

As for Chandler I am glad we have him. He adds a bit of toughness to the Knicks something that has been lacking..

NYk_Reloaded718

&#9733;KNICKS-TAPE&#9733;
For the life of me I just do not understand how we went into the season with the only true PG on the roster being Mike Bibby.

I cannot believe after we signed Chandler there was not a sense of urgency to find us a PG.

As for Chandler I am glad we have him. He adds a bit of toughness to the Knicks something that has been lacking..
we were high on Douglas, this dude got burnt in the playoffs by rondo and our front office had all the confidence in the world to bring him into this season as our starting PG its sickening. Dolan does not care about this team in his mind this is NEW YORK who cares just give me the stars, sell tickets, and put a$$es in those seats.

Last edited:

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
A solid center is worth every penny you pay him. I want to remind you guys we signed two defensive amateurs for $100M/5 and $80M/4. Chandler was our best signing in years. As of Billups, we shouldn't had picked up his option, we should had renegotiated his contract and offer him money he's worth which is way below $14M/year. Our front office didn't show any sign of long term thinking back then.

NYk_Reloaded718

A solid center is worth every penny you pay him. I want to remind you guys we signed two defensive amateurs for $100M/5 and $80M/4. Chandler was our best signing in years. As of Billups, we shouldn't had picked up his option, we should had renegotiated his contract and offer him money he's worth which is way below $14M/year. Our front office didn't show any sign of long term thinking back then.
he's a good signing but not for that much money he's injury prone, and about to be 30 years old. i dont regret signing him, but i wouldn't throw 58 mill at his feet especially when we dont have a PG he's worth about 30-40 mill the most you offer him that if he doesn't accept oh well so be it. i do admit his performance on the court is showing it was worth it. he's the only one bringing the energy and playing consistent.

skisloper

Starter

Well then lets hope Howard goes to somewhere other then the Nets and we can trade Melo for Williams .

NYk_Reloaded718

Well then lets hope Howard goes to somewhere other then the Nets and we can trade Melo for Williams .
latest i heard on dwight is he's pulling a carmelo he's forcing his way to the nets, even if he's traded to the lakers he's opting out. of course it's just a rumor though