Is it MDA or Melo or medical staff

shizzee

Benchwarmer
Melo should not be playing. He should out at least 2 weeks. He useless playing hurt. He is their score. Playing is not making better when he is hurt. With his arm sleave, wrist band, taped up both ankles. common man, hegive me snickker bar he needs a break bad. He needs at a week minimum

So I say when BD start on Saturday,sit Melo 2 out for weeks on IR

sign Rasheed Wallace b/c Jeffrey is mot going last that with his thin frame taking all these charges

cut Novak Lin sign Bogan also Fresenko

BD Shumpert Fields Stat Chandler
Douglas Bogan Walker Wallace Fresenko
Jeffries Bibby Balkman IR Melo Jordan

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Or trade Melo to NJ for DWill and Anthony Morrow, sign Kenyon Martin this year and sign Wilson Chandler to the full MLE next year and we can go compete for a championship THIS YEAR and every year. Simple.

nyk_nyk

All Star
Or trade Melo to NJ for DWill and Anthony Morrow, sign Kenyon Martin this year and sign Wilson Chandler to the full MLE next year and we can go compete for a championship THIS YEAR and every year. Simple.

Hahahahahaha! We give up all these players just to keep Melo from NJ and then trade him to NJ for 2 players? NEVER going to happen.

knickerbocka176

Benchwarmer
Hahahahahaha! We give up all these players just to keep Melo from NJ and then trade him to NJ for 2 players? NEVER going to happen.

it would be like trading all those guys for d will tho sooo.. but anyways i say we wait melo cant be like this forever he'll get his shit together soon enough and stat he's getting there and with baron to run the pick and roll with him he'll be even closer to being the stat we know all he needs is his jumper back

nuckles2k2

Superstar
That team wouldn't be as good as the 2009 Hawks with Joe Johnson, Josh Smith, Al Horford, Jamal Crawford, and Bibby. They won 53 games, and lost in the second round to the Magic, who had: Dwight, Vince, Lewis, Nelson, Bass, Barnes, and Pietrus. They lost in the ECF to a team with the pre-done, Celtics with: KG, Pierce, Shuttlesworth, Rondo, Perkins, Sheed, House, and Big Baby. And they eventually lost to a team with Kobe, Pau, Bynum, Odom, Brown, and Artest. The same team that, during the very same playoffs, swept the Jazz who had: D-Will, Boozer, Millsap, Miles, Wes Matthews, and Kyle Korver. With Jerry Sloan as their coach.

So....where the hell are we going with D-Will, STAT, maybe Tyson if he survives the trade, Wilson, Fields, Shump, TD, Walker, and Baulkman?

That roster isn't as good as some of the past teams who got handled in the playoffs. Are we trying to be a perennial playoff participator or a championship contender?

There's a reason why the Lakers and Spurs have combined for 9 of the last 13 titles. Look at the interior to exterior make up of those teams, throw in the Celtics and '05 Heat, and you have 11 of the last 13 teams doing it inside and out, both at high levels.

We currently have that make up with STAT, Melo, and Chandler, if utilized properly. Yea we need a PG, but all we need is a smart floor general, we need what Jason Williams and Gary Payton were to the 05 Heat, we need the "don't **** it up Rondo" from 07, we need the savvy Billups from 03, we need the young Tony Parker from 2002.

All of those teams had competent PG play, and either serious fire power elsewhere, or where defensive stalwarts, sometimes both.

All the Knicks need is competent inside-out play, competent PG play, and timely stops. We're 0-3 on those fronts. But we could be at least 2-3 with some philosophical adjustments.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Yeah, like Melo leading this team to a championship is ever going to happen! Ha! He had a lot of talent in Denver and could only get out of the first round once.

We're in 10th place!! We're not winning any championships with this team and praying Mike Woodson and Baron Davis to suddenly make this team a contender is only going to lead to more disappointment.

PG-DWill
SG-Morrow
SF-Fields this year Wilson Chandler next
PF-Amare
C-Chandler

w/ Baron Davis, Kenyon Martin, Shumpert, Douglas, Novak, Harrellson, Fields (next year) off the bench.

That is a contending team right there and worlds better than the one we have now. I don't think people realise how good DWill would be for this team. He is probably the best pick-and-roll PG in the league. Amare is right. Spacing and moving the ball is how this team wins.

http://www.msg.com/videos/knicks-postgame-loss-to-cavs-125-1.81782

If you're not moving the ball and not getting spacing, you're not maximising the talents on this roster. Everything is a domino effect from there. This is why the team becomes an isolation offense. How do you get ball movement and spacing? One of the best, if not THE best PG's in the game and a great shooter in Morrow.

I'm surpised people are surprised this team has become an iso team with no spacing or ball movement.

If everyone wants the isolation offense, then fine, keep Melo. But then we must trade Amare for a defensive PF, trade Fields, find a shooter, still pray Baron Davis is the savior, fire D'Antoni and pray a coach like Thibidou that will run a Larry Brown type of system will come here next year.

And there's still no guarantees a team like that would ever compete because Melo has only made it out of the first round once in his career while being surrounded with a lot of talent (JR Smith, Billups, Nene, Camby, Martin, Afflalo, etc). He is an inefficient scorer and is lazy on defense. There's an easier path to contending with a lot less praying for saviors. One simple move and we're there.

Last edited:

iSaYughh

Starter
If you're not moving the ball and not getting spacing, you're not maximising the talents on this roster. Everything is a domino effect from there.

If everyone wants the isolation offense, then fine, keep Melo. But then we must trade Amare for a defensive PF, trade Fields, find a shooter, still pray Baron Davis is the savior, fire D'Antoni and pray a coach like Thibidou that will run a Larry Brown type of system will come here next year.

:aplause:

Why people are so unwilling to accept these truths is insane.

Except, that to accept them accepts the distinct possibility that MDA would be a good coach for this team if it was based upon spacing, ball movement, and up tempo play, with a good (let alone great) PG at the point.

People think STAT looks bad now. Hah! Bring in another HOF coach even, a la Brown, if you really want him to look like a confused, impotent fool on the court...and i mean that in regard to his defense just as much as his offense.

D’Ant has Amare circling the parameter when he’s known for playing paint ball. Get his ass the ball in the post or around the rim, simple. How many times are we going to see him turn it over from the outside by trying to dribble or taking 3pt shots? This is the coaches fault, blaming Stat for failing at being something he's not is exposing peoples real knowledge of the game

Melo is an all around scorer; he shouldn’t be chucking up shots as soon as he passes the half court line…while the rest of his team is out of position. Slow the damn game down, what the hell is the rush? Have Melo on the wings, sometimes with Amare and Chandler moving in and out the paint. All you need is for your PG to dump the ball in the post to either Amare, chandler, or Melo…once that’s done…either guy can penetrate or pass it to another post player or teammate waiting on the outside, simple. Instead, these dudes are about 15 feet or more from the basket chucking up long shots (D’ants wack gameplan).

The talent is there, he just don’t know how to use it…so he stays stubborn by having Melo play the point all the while keeping a small rotation with injured players putting in big minutes. I've seen guys take the ball up the court and fire a shot soon as they reached the 3pt line (mello, shumpert,douglas,fields). This is the coaches fault.

Since this coach was here we change the team several times and still the same results… and the same blind support from the dwindling Coach fans base showing just how much they know about the game of BBall. I'm interested in reading all the positives (from D'Ant supporters) that has them believing in him?

I don't see them at all...if you're going to support someone... there has to be good reasons for it, let's hear them...

Last edited:

Paul1355

All Star
Melo should not be playing. He should out at least 2 weeks. He useless playing hurt. He is their score. Playing is not making better when he is hurt. With his arm sleave, wrist band, taped up both ankles. common man, hegive me snickker bar he needs a break bad. He needs at a week minimum

So I say when BD start on Saturday,sit Melo 2 out for weeks on IR

sign Rasheed Wallace b/c Jeffrey is mot going last that with his thin frame taking all these charges

cut Novak Lin sign Bogan also Fresenko

BD Shumpert Fields Stat Chandler
Douglas Bogan Walker Wallace Fresenko
Jeffries Bibby Balkman IR Melo Jordan

Why cut Novak when he is the only player hitting 3's...

This is all on Mike D

Mike D can easily put in Steve Novak and start making threes instead of constantly playing Jeffries for defense.

He can play Jeremy Lin a little more who actually knows how to find an open man after driving to the hoop, unlike Douglas ans Shumpert that just go around screens and stay away from the paint.

The things that Mike D doesn't do that can help our team is simple.

We never attack the hoop on offense and it makes us jack up 3's. We aren't aggressive on the boards, when we are we win basketball games. When we allow outside shooters to be wide open, consistently...we have a problem. What is so hard about keeping your assignment on defense?

You have Tyson Chandler down low, Iman Shumpert up top with Toney Douglas off the bench, solid defensive players. Everyone else just has to play help defense and stick close to their man. If the guy blows past them Chandler is waiting, I don't see what is so hard.

we should have atleast 2 guys at all times attacking the glass for offensive rebounds and atleast 4 guys for defensive rebounds so 1 can be open for the outlet pass or fastbreak. These are simple strategies that would work.

When we are missing a million 3's either bring in Novak or change the style. When we continue to jack up shots and not change anything is when its on the coach.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Yeah, like Melo leading this team to a championship is ever going to happen! Ha! He had a lot of talent in Denver and could only get out of the first round once.

We're in 10th place!! We're not winning any championships with this team and praying Mike Woodson and Baron Davis to suddenly make this team a contender is only going to lead to more disappointment.

PG-DWill
SG-Morrow
PF-Amare
C-Chandler

w/ Baron Davis, Kenyon Martin, Shumpert, Douglas, Novak, Harrellson, Fields (next year) off the bench.

That is a contending team right there and worlds better than the one we have now. I don't think people realise how good DWill would be for this team. He is probably the best pick-and-roll PG in the league. Amare is right. Spacing and moving the ball is how this team wins.

If you're not moving the ball and not getting spacing, you're not maximising the talents on this roster. Everything is a domino effect from there. This is why the team becomes an isolation offense. How do you get ball movement and spacing? One of the best, if not THE best PG's in the game and a great shooter in Morrow.

I'm surpised people are surprised this team has become an iso team with no spacing or ball movement.

And there's still no guarantees a team like that would ever compete because Melo has only made it out of the first round once in his career while being surrounded with a lot of talent (JR Smith, Billups, Nene, Camby, Martin, Afflalo, etc). He is an inefficient scorer and is lazy on defense. There's an easier path to contending with a lot less praying for saviors. One simple move and we're there.

DWill 27 pts, 10 assists + Morrow 22 pts tonight. Just saying.

pakopako

Benchwarmer
This is all on Mike D... The things that Mike D doesn't do that can help our team is simple...
When we are missing a million 3's either bring in Novak or change the style. When we continue to jack up shots and not change anything is when its on the coach.
Best thing I've read this thread.

Also, for LJ4ptplay, I'm good for DWill if we can get that lineup you mention, because I don't see those 12 happening. Maybe 9 or 10 of them, but not all 12. And 10 is not good enough.

CA7

Scoring Champ
yeah trade Melo to New Jersey so they can sign Dwight Howard, Ray Allen, DJ Augustine and Paul Millsap

C- Howard
F- Millsap
F- Anthony
G- Allen
G- Augustine

yeah genius move guys

LJ4ptplay

Starter
yeah trade Melo to New Jersey so they can sign Dwight Howard, Ray Allen, DJ Augustine and Paul Millsap

C- Howard
F- Millsap
F- Anthony
G- Allen
G- Augustine

yeah genius move guys

Yeah, we're doing so well now. First of all, there is no way NJ could afford all those players. And secondly, our roster would get crushed by a DWill, Howard, Morrow, Brooks lineup in NJ. Davis and Woodson are not the saviors. So what's the point?

NJ will only trade DWill if Howard goes somewhere else. Hopefully Howard gets traded to another team forcing NJ to get desperate and we can take advantage. Otherwise we're screwed no matter what happens.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee

PG-DWill
SG-Morrow
PF-Amare
C-Chandler

I don't know how I missed this, but I did.

I'm just going to come right out and say it.

"As of right now, I truly wish that we'd have lost out on the Melo-Drama."

If we had, D-Will would be here, and we'd be doing better - yes, it's an assumption, but if you could afford me this one please, CA7 - here in New York.

NJ will never trade Williams to us for Melo after that half-assed debacle that cost us so much, and if I could pick a player right now to play on this team out of Me-lo and D-Will, well, need I even say it?

I think I'll have a very strong Club Soda right about now to alleviate the agony of trading for celebrity tokens.

suicide1.jpg

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Crazy⑧s;199871 said:
I don't know how I missed this, but I did.

I'm just going to come right out and say it.

"As of right now, I truly wish that we'd have lost out on the Melo-Drama."

If we had, D-Will would be here, and we'd be doing better - yes, it's an assumption, but if you could afford me this one please, CA7 - here in New York.

NJ will never trade Williams to us for Melo after that half-assed debacle that cost us so much, and if I could pick a player right now to play on this team out of Me-lo and D-Will, well, need I even say it?

I think I'll have a very strong Club Soda right about now to alleviate the agony of trading for celebrity tokens.

suicide1.jpg

I don't think NJ trading DWill to us for Melo is the problem. Especially if Howard gets traded to another team. NJ will know they will lose DWill and would be desperate and relieved to get Melo instead of giving up Devin Harris, Derrick Favors and draft picks for absolutely nothing.

Unfortunately, the problem is with us trading Melo. Knicks ownership, which keeps making terrible decision after terrible decision, will never make the right choice. To add on top of that, Mark Warkentein is represented by Creative Arts Agency (CAA), the same group that orchestrated the Melo trade. There is no way that group would admit failure and let that trade happen.

No, D'Antoni will be fired soon enough. Knick fans will rejoice and the Knicks will show a slight improvement with another coach but will always come up short because the roster is severely flawed. Fans will keep complaining and eventually that coach will be fired too. It's an endless circle of futility but like idiots we will keep giving Dolan money and keep watching Knick games and keep hoping someday it will change but will always end up disappointed and frsutrated and looking for something or someone to blame.