Knicks wanting Ray Allen?

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
More and more rumors are coming out of a possible trade involving Seattle and New York again. First it was Lewis now Ray Allen. Well this is the trade that Isiah wants to do next with his extented contract he made. The trade probably will be done in the offseason involving Knicks Nate Robinson,Channing Frye, Jared Jeffries, James, and a High draft pick. Oh no the knicks might have just done it again.The Knicks dont need another SG. I think the Knicks should stick with what they got now.
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/nba/knicks/rumors.html

paris401

Starter
More and more rumors are coming out of a possible trade involving Seattle and New York again. First it was Lewis now Ray Allen. Well this is the trade that Isiah wants to do next with his extented contract he made. The trade probably will be done in the offseason involving Knicks Nate Robinson,Channing Frye, Jared Jeffries, James, and a High draft pick. Oh no the knicks might have just done it again.The Knicks dont need another SG. I think the Knicks should stick with what they got now.

i like allen.. don't know how he fits in, but a pretty good player... but doubt seattle wants burger king james back... and jefferies... doubt u can give him away, so we would have to include another large contract to make the trade work... who mite that be???

naterob4

Benchwarmer
where would crawford fit in? i dont know if this trade would be possible but we wouldnt be giving up much to get a great player like allen. theres no room for nate in a healthy rotation and channing seems to soft for the nba. i love the team we have now but adding a player like ray allen would make us ligit contenders for the division and a little run in the playoffs next year.

nyKnicks126

Yeah, but also were would Steve Francis fit into this? I know that the Isiah wants the best for the team but Ray Allen is getting old and instead of getting him, the knicks should get a SF like Luol Deng or a guard like Monta Ellis. They are both young and full with potential.

Do you guys like Mikki Moore?

George M.

Benchwarmer
where would crawford fit in? i dont know if this trade would be possible but we wouldnt be giving up much to get a great player like allen. theres no room for nate in a healthy rotation and channing seems to soft for the nba. i love the team we have now but adding a player like ray allen would make us ligit contenders for the division and a little run in the playoffs next year.
Crawford would come off the bench like Isiah originally wants him to!

brooklyn_baller

Benchwarmer

We really don't need a SG, any guard for that matter. Our backcourt is way to full.

metrocard

Legend
I would gladly accept Ray Allen if we dump Francis, Crawford and Robinson in the process.

Last edited:

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
I think Ray Allen, as good as he is, is not the answer for the Knicks! The Knicks need 2-3 pieces to really put this team over the top.
1) They need a perimeter defender
2) They need a low post force. David Lee is a great rebounder but he does get pushed around. So the Knicks need a strong opposing force in the paint.
3) The need a pure PG. Steph can score but he can't lead a team, so a true QB is what is needed to run the floor.

Pedro De Pacas

Benchwarmer
I think Ray Allen, as good as he is, is not the answer for the Knicks! The Knicks need 2-3 pieces to really put this team over the top.
2) They need a low post force. David Lee is a great rebounder but he does get pushed around. So the Knicks need a strong opposing force in the paint.
3) The need a pure PG. Steph can score but he can't lead a team, so a true QB is what is needed to run the floor.

4) a reliable 3-point-shooter, because Q and Jamal are both streaky shooters which hurts us on their off-nights.

...but I'd rather prefer a guy like Battier or A. Harrington over Allen.

LOIOSH30

Benchwarmer
I said this a couple of weeks ago in another thread, but I really think the Knicks need someone in the mold of a Tayshaun Price, Josh Howard, or Caron Butler....These guys are all unselfish, low maintenance players, who are willing to play defense, and have the ability to be a dependable second or third option on offense. I think other options might be Rashard Lewis or possibly Gerald Wallace, but neither of them play a lot of defense. Luol Deng, or even Richard Jefferson would also work, but I think they're both pretty untouchable.......

metrocard

Legend

Glad to see you post again homer, and I see where you're coming from.

But Ray Ray is one of the best SG's in the NBA, and if we can acquire him, we would totally upgrade offensively. Steph and Ray would be a perfect back court. Steph hasn't had a guy who can shoot like Ray since Houston, and when Steph and Allan were on the same roster...Allan was mostly injured. Marbury is a half court PG, his penatration can open alot of opportunities for Allan.

I don't see why Seattle is going to deal Ray Allen, they need a legit big man, and Channing Frye is the opposite of that. But if Seattle accepts, I would have no problem if Isiah pulled the trigger.

paris401

Starter
the problem with rayray for frye is $$$$... we would have to include another player/s ... and i doubt we have anyone else that seattle wants...

maybe they want burger king james back... fat chance...

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
The #1 thing the knicks need is a shot blocker. We use to have a couple of them named dikembe mutumbo and marcus camby. I wouldnt mind havin camby back buthes not gonna wanna come off the bench and back up curry. We just need a big guy who if nothing else blocks shots. I dont care if he cant score. Curry and frye play no defense down low. Lee is a good defendeer, but not a shot blocker. Maybe theo ratliff will be available in the off season.

nyKnicks126

No Mutumbo is old and a one time knick, and Denver wont want to trade Camby and he is also a one time knick and why Theo Ratliff? hes old too, and our cap would go up even more then it is now. I think that we need Josh Smith or Emeka Okafor instead. they are young, full with potential, and *great Shot Blockers*.

GetRealistic

Starter
No Mutumbo is old and a one time knick, and Denver wont want to trade Camby and he is also a one time knick and why Theo Ratliff? hes old too, and our cap would go up even more then it is now. I think that we need Josh Smith or Emeka Okafor instead. they are young, full with potential, and *great Shot Blockers*.

Cept for the fact its impossible to get either one of those guys. We have nothing to give Charlotte or Atlanta. Don't even say Francis cause neither team wants him, and Fyre is not anywhere near the talent or potential of those two. So put your pipe dream trade ideas away.

nyKnicks126

Nothing is impossible grasshopper, We can always give them Eddy Curry or David Lee right? and even a draft pick.

Last edited:

ShairanXIII

Rotation player
The #1 thing the knicks need is a shot blocker. We use to have a couple of them named dikembe mutumbo and marcus camby. I wouldnt mind havin camby back buthes not gonna wanna come off the bench and back up curry. We just need a big guy who if nothing else blocks shots. I dont care if he cant score. Curry and frye play no defense down low. Lee is a good defendeer, but not a shot blocker. Maybe theo ratliff will be available in the off season.

ummm... motumbo was washed up when he was here and theo ratliffe can no longer play basketball... the knicks most pressing needs are...

1. Help defender down low
2. A consistent shooter

I'm with Metro on this one... remember when Marbury and Van Horn were playing together in NYC... steph was dishing and swishing the whole way through... I would take Lewis over Allen though... since he also provides more rebounds and fills the knicks' need at SF... i'd give up frye, qrich, jj20...

as for a shot blocker... think they should try to pry diop or steven hunter or dan gadzuric away for stevie franchise...

paris401

Starter

theo has 2 years left on his contract, each year at 11.6m... just what we need another large contract...pretty soon we will have a payroll that will be as large as the yankee's... the difference being that the yankee's are expected to win every year (at least george expect's it), and while they do not win every year (see the last few years), they do contend..