How far can the New look Knicks go?

Kiyaman

Legend
How Far can the New Look Knicks Go?
:gony:
As far as marketing the Knicks BIG-3.... billion$$$ in 3 years at just
marketing a postseason team with Amare/ Melo/ and Billups.

As for becoming a winning postseason team in the Eastern Conference,
the Dantoni brothers have to FIRED ASAP.
Let Herb Williams become interim headcoach for a season, while hiring
coach Mike Brown (exCavs coach) as his assistant headcoach.
Have our late 2010 draft pick Jerome Jordan a strong canditate in our SLG
tournament with our 2011 draft pick (hopefully a strong rebounding PF
or lights-out shooting-guard).

Plus sign one of the FA centers in the 2011 offseason to be a Starter with Amare & Melo.
Take your pick:

Nene, Denver Nuggets - $11.4 million - Early Termination Option ($11.6 million)
Marc Gasol, Memphis Grizzlies - $3.6 million - Unrestricted*
Tyson Chandler, Dallas Mavericks - $12.6 million - Unrestricted
Yao Ming, Houston Rockets - $17.7 million - Unrestricted
Kendrick Perkins, Boston Celtics - $4.9 million - Unrestricted
Joel Przybilla, Portland Trail Blazers - $7.4 million - Unrestricted
Samuel Dalembert, Sacramento Kings - $13.4 million - Unrestricted
Greg Oden, Portland Trail Blazers - $6.8 million - Restricted ($8.8 million Qualifying Offer)
Spencer Hawes, Philadelphia 76ers - $3.0 million - Restricted ($4.1 million Qualifying Offer)
Nenad Krstic, Oklahoma City Thunder - $5.7 million - Unrestricted
Earl Barron, Phoenix Suns - $0.8 million - Unrestricted
Tony Battie, Philadelphia 76ers - $1.4 million - Unrestricted
Kyrylo Fesenko, Utah Jazz - $1.1 million - Unrestricted
Erick Dampier, Miami HEAT - $1.1 million - Unrestricted
Zydrunas Ilgauskas, Miami HEAT - $1.4 million - Unrestricted
Jeff Foster, Indiana Pacers - $6.7 million - Unrestricted
Nazr Mohammed, Charlotte Bobcats - $6.9 million - Unrestricted
DeAndre Jordan, L.A. Clippers - $0.9 million - Unrestricted*
Kurt Thomas, Chicago Bulls - $1.4 million - Unrestricted
Francisco Elson, Utah Jazz - $1.1 million - Unrestricted
Hilton Armstrong, Washington Wizards - $0.9 million - Unrestricted
Aaron Gray, New Orleans Hornets - $0.9 million - Player Option ($0.9 million)
Jamaal Magloire, Miami HEAT - $1.4 million - Unrestricted
Dan Gadzuric, Golden State Warriors - $7.2 million - Unrestricted
Ryan Hollins, Cleveland Cavaliers - $2.3 million - Player Option ($2.5 million)
Kwame Brown, Charlotte Bobcats - $1.3 million - Unrestricted
Theo Ratliff, L.A. Lakers - $1.4 million - Unrestricted
Etan Thomas, Atlanta Hawks - $1.2 million - Unrestricted
Jarron Collins, L.A. Clippers - $1.2 million - Unrestricted
Jason Collins, Atlanta Hawks - $1.2 million - Unrestricted
Eddy Curry, New York Knicks - $11.3 million - Unrestricted
Hamed Haddadi, Memphis Grizzlies - $1.8 million - Unrestricted*
Alexis Ajinca, Dallas Mavericks - $1.5 million - Unrestricted
<!-- / message -->

The Garden '95

Benchwarmer
i know i may sound stupid but if we sign greg oden and he stays healthy he is a top 5 center and he would be extremely cheap so i say we take the chance.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
We have zero cap space this summer. We are not signing anyone of significance. The team we have now is the team we will have next year, plus a few minor changes.

We were a 6th seed 1st round exit before the trade, we are still a 6th seed 1st round exit after the trade. Next year, with more time together, maybe 4th or 5th seed, 2nd round exit.

bboycustom92

Benchwarmer
i know i may sound stupid but if we sign greg oden and he stays healthy he is a top 5 center and he would be extremely cheap so i say we take the chance.

If we can't get Deandre Jordan for the MLE. I wouldn't mind trying to grab him with the MLE. Either we become Elite, or stay where we are... It's not that big of a risk.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
At a quick glance I see that the list has at lease two things wrong with it.

1. Perkins just signed an extension with OKC so he is out.

2. I'm almost certain Marc Gasol is a restricted FA.

The Knicks can make it to the Finals this year. Am I expecting us to? No; but I know they can.

We have the best offense in the game today because of Mike D'Antoni. Now Antoni has two of the NBA's best overall scorers in Amare & Melo, with a veteran leader in Billups @ the Point? Are you kidding me? The sky is the limit for this offensive attack.

The key is defense. We're improving. If we play with the same type of defensive intensity during the playoffs, as we have against the Heat, Hornets, Hawks & Magic (until the 4th); there is not a team in the East that can beat us. Play defense & just like the 99 Knicks made it through the East as the 8th seed.... Defense will take this Knicks team of 2010-2011 far.

The Knicks can make it to the Finals this year. Am I expecting us to? No; but I know they can.

We have the best offense in the game today because of Mike D'Antoni. Now Antoni has two of the NBA's best overall scorers in Amare & Melo, with a veteran leader in Billups @ the Point? Are you kidding me? The sky is the limit for this offensive attack.

The key is defense. We're improving. If we play with the same type of defensive intensity during the playoffs, as we have against the Heat, Hornets, Hawks & Magic (until the 4th); there is not a team in the East that can beat us. Play defense & just like the 99 Knicks made it through the East as the 8th seed.... Defense will take this Knicks team of 2010-2011 far.

The Knicks offense looks great, and was never an issue while D'Antoni's been here, but I wouldn't call it the best in the league. Not yet at least.

Even if we were, I'd trade in that honor for a more balanced team. Those are the teams that win championships.

Now that Boston traded perkins, no one in the east to overly fear. Plus we're the only team playing with house money. Knicks have nothing to lose. They are gonna play insane on offense soon, and if they can continue to improve defensively, look out. I def think we win a round for sure.

I think the Knicks should find a way to get Oden. If he can develop and stay healthy, he solves huge issues for us. He will come cheap Portland lettin him go.

Who really knows for sure. Are the Knicks the best team in the league right now? Of course not. Can they beat the best? Yes, they can. Will they? We'll see.

Keep in mind that even the '99 Knicks managed to make it to the finals, and I think that this team is more talented. It's great that we're able to askt his question for once. It's been Y E A R S.

iSaYughh

Starter
I think the Knicks should find a way to get Oden. If he can develop and stay healthy, he solves huge issues for us. He will come cheap Portland lettin him go.

The cap is such an unknown...

But more n more I've been thinking about pairing Oden up with a complimentary signing, where, if Oden's healthy, it maximizes things, and if Oden isn't, the complimentary signing can still fill in our need.

Oden + BigBaby

Wonder how cheap we could get these horses for?

My guess is BigBaby will want something along the lines of a MLE. So, we need to either get creative or have a slightly more favorable cap situation to ink Oden (or, say, Andre Kirilienko or Deandre Jordan, in addition).

Sons of Thunder

Benchwarmer

If it worked out it would make us a true powerhouse team. But looking at Oden's injury track record doesn't give me much hope. He's spent more time on the surgeon's table than on the baskbetball floor.

Also, will Portland be willing to part with Oden? And for what price? He was their first-round draft pick (and first overall) and they haven't gotten much mileage out of him at all. Also, he signed a two-year contract with team options for the third and fourth year. Are Portland planning on exercising their fourth-year option/re-signing him to a new contract? I'd imagine that his pay in a new contract would drop considerably compared to back when he was drafted with loads of hype.

Last edited:

YungMelo15

Benchwarmer
98% of those bigs are garbage juice and either dont play a lick of D, old, or just flat out suck. Oden would be a steal if healthy, but he has been getting injured since college. I dont trust him.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
i think we should target Jordan he's a young up-and-coming Center who rebounds and blocks shots( just what we need ) i think he wont get any further then the MLE however who knows he may want to stay in LA i say we should go full steam for him if we can land em i see us potentially going all the way next year we'll have a complete starting 5. But if we cant land em i would try to see whats up with Dalembert he wont be a bad option to go, neither will Oden if he can stay healthy. remember we dont need much at this position just length, rebounding and shot blocking.