Allan Houston back to the Knicks?

metrocard

Legend
Jun 10, 2008 5:37 AM EST

Allan Houston, who has been working out with the Phoenix Suns, has revealed to the New York Post that he is still interested in playing next season.

"I've been around New York for a long time now, and I know the passion these fans have for the Knicks - it's unbelievable," said Houston. "I'd love to see that again in New York."

Houston's comeback this year with the Knicks lasted for one preseason game.

What better veteran, leader, and a spot up shooter can find than Houston? No one. We need someone with real 3pt range on this team, I would definitely invite Houston to preseason again and gave him a real chance unlike Isiah.

GetRealistic

Starter
I hear what your saying, but i'd like for Houston to actually play for a team that had a chance to win a championship and that isn't us.

LOIOSH30

Benchwarmer
Shit, I hope not...

We had this discussion last year...Houston was never a good defender in his prime, does anyone really think he has a chance in hell of guarding ANYBODY at 38 years old??? We need quality shooters, but we don't need them that bad...

Starks

Starter
Shit, I hope not...

We had this discussion last year...Houston was never a good defender in his prime, does anyone really think he has a chance in hell of guarding ANYBODY at 38 years old??? We need quality shooters, but we don't need them that bad...

Theres a ton of older players in the league in worse shape than Allan. (See San Antonio)

In Basketball there will always be a job for a shooter as pure as him. If Allan comes back, I would be fine with that. Bringing him back would be fan service and another sign of closing the book on a certain someone's; who doesn't deserve to have their name mentioned on this site, reign reign of error.

FameMos

Benchwarmer
Aren't we in like a 'rebuilding' stage??? I don't c y we would want Allan Houston...It's not like we're 1 piece away of 'goin all the way' lol We need 2 focus on gettin our young players PT instead of giving it 2 Houston.

metrocard

Legend
Aren't we in like a 'rebuilding' stage??? I don't c y we would want Allan Houston...It's not like we're 1 piece away of 'goin all the way' lol We need 2 focus on gettin our young players PT instead of giving it 2 Houston.

Part of rebuilding is teaching. Houston is a winner, a teacher and would be an excellent mentor for our future, esecially a guy like Mayo. Mayo is already a deadly shooter, imagine if Houston teaches him the secrets and the art of jumpshooting for Mayo to perfect. Houston would be a very valuable piece to this team without playing 20 minutes a game. I rather him as a 10th man than someone like Malik Rose.

FameMos

Benchwarmer
Part of rebuilding is teaching. Houston is a winner, a teacher and would be an excellent mentor for our future, esecially a guy like Mayo. Mayo is already a deadly shooter, imagine if Houston teaches him the secrets and the art of jumpshooting for Mayo to perfect. Houston would be a very valuable piece to this team without playing 20 minutes a game. I rather him as a 10th man than someone like Malik Rose.
I hear u, but, if i had a choice of wasting a spot on the roster 4 a veteran who might teach a thing or 2 to a young player or giving that young player PT and experience...i'd take the PT.
And what if we sign Houston & he ends up taking a rookie FA's spot on the roster who we really like (same problem last yr w/ D Nichols), how will u feel then? lol

Akamu

The King
I hear what your saying, but i'd like for Houston to actually play for a team that had a chance to win a championship and that isn't us.

Allan Houston doesn't have to be a starter, but he can role play like P.J. Brown. I wanted him to join last year but THANK GOD he didn't come here under Isiah, he's another player that deserves to be on a good team to win a championship like KG.

F*ck that though what about US? we NY fans need to win too it's been too mother f"n long, the team with the most money not getting it done is an insult to us dedicated fans that have nightmares of this crap we call a team. I don't want my life to end knowing the Knicks got gunned down every playoff or championship attempt.

New New York

Quiet Storm
I would like him as a player coach like JVG had Mark Jackson. But as a fan of his I hope he gets a real shot this time, and makes the most of it. Again he will probably only play ten or so minutes at best, but if we do Draft a shooter ie. Bayless who better than to have around to teach him how to shoot. I would love to see it! Remeber last year his wife had just given birth, and Isiah has never seemed to like him even though they use to play together. But if Donnie cuts him then you have to beleive that Houston may just not have it anymore, but if PJ Brown,Cassel,and Horry can still play at that age their is no reason to think that a player who was better than all three of them can't.

LOIOSH30

Benchwarmer

Alright, cool, I agree with that...So make him a coach...

KologeroBx

Benchwarmer
LOL Yeah Right Just What We Need, An Old Bum Who Injury Prone Taking Millions From Us When We Should Be etting Young, GREAT!

King Crab

Rookie
I'm all out for getting Allan Houston, for the most minimal possible salary and if his conditioning in Phoenix could have somehow given him semblance of a fountain of youth. I do not think that the team has much to lose in hiring him, which includes a loss of a slot for a 2nd round pick or undrafted rookie.

We need more of a winning culture infused to the team, a thing that some of our promising players have not yet experienced. There is still no shooting stroke like Allan Houston in the NBA today, and outside shooting (like in the 40+% range) is one thing the team desperately needs.

As long as his knees would not give in (which is sort of a shaky assumption, I admit), I have no doubt that H20 will be effective. Reliable shooting from the outside is one of the possible skills you do not lose with age.

jimenezz7

Benchwarmer
I think our main goal this year is to subtract not add give guys playing time try to increase there value and dump salaries,I think we should all realize we are not winning anything for a while the players we have are a JOKE we got stuck with the Bulls garbage and Isiah paniced about his job and brought in Randolph even though anybody with any basketball knowledge told him that he would not fit into any rotation we had with the players on the team.We have to REBUILD completely not patch holes and giving Houston a roster spot will not help and to be honest I would not want Houston to come back to this mess he deserves better he played on winning Knick teams let him leave with some dignity and not come back and play with a bunch of selfish lazy bums that would not know the first thing about team basketball and have no idea how good the garden could be to real players the way we were to Houston back in the days.

knicksfancris

Benchwarmer
man i want houston so what one year he could at least bring heart to the team that so despretlley need it and u know he will fill in d'antoni stlye beacuse his 3 point shoting yeah bring him back shit for i could buy the new version of his jersey

Last edited: