New York @ Indiana :: April 6th

allan20

Benchwarmer
nyk.gif
(36-41) @
ind.gif
(56-21)

INDIANAPOLIS (Ticker) -- The New York Knicks try to give Isiah Thomas another victory against his former team Tuesday when they continue their playoff push against the Indiana Pacers.

In their first game against the Pacers since Thomas was named team president in late December, the Knicks posted a 97-90 victory on February 3 at Madison Square Garden. But New York figures to have a tougher test at Indiana as it is just 1-8 all time at Conseco Fieldhouse.

The Knicks moved closer to their first playoff berth in three seasons with Saturday's 86-75 victory over the Philadelphia 76ers. Stephon Marbury scored 20 points and handed out 12 assists for New York, which moved into sole possession of seventh place in the Eastern Conference, one game ahead of Boston.

The Knicks lead ninth-place Cleveland by three games in the loss column. The Cavaliers have just six games remeaining, including Tuesday's contest against Toronto.

The Pacers, who are 2-1 overall against New York this season, already have locked up home-court advantage throughout the Eastern Conference playoffs, but they will be looking to rebound from one of their worst performances of the campaign.

Indiana was held to a season low in points in Sunday's 79-61 loss to the Detroit Pistons. The Pacers' previous low was 71 in a victory against Denver on November 4.

The Pistons held All-Star forward Jermaine O'Neal to nine points on 4-of-15 shooting. O'Neal is averaging 20.0 points and 10.0 rebounds to lead the Pacers.

Indiana needs two victories to match its franchise record in the NBA. The Pacers won 59 games in the ABA in consecutive seasons from 1969-71.

i'm not making high expectations from this game, but i'm looking forward to see a nice game from TT, and Baker

prediction:
NY 88 - Ind 97

e_D

Benchwarmer
anyone know the radio station the game is being broadcast on here in NY? i dont think it's on 660.. any ideas?

6thman

Benchwarmer
right trueblue!! Knicks have to play hard tonight vs Chicago because now we know that it woul be better for us to keep the 7 place :rolling: :rolling:

JJtheKnick

Starter
the knicks lost but.... i loved the way they played in the first half there defence was very good and they were shooting 59% they played very well in the first half
if the knick play like they did in the first half in the playoffs we may be surprized