Knicks VS Bucks - Pre-game Thread

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
GT will be late.

Please share any thoughts or information here prior to the game, and we'll see if we can get this thread merged with the GT.

I'm tired of the Bucks staying in this playoff race because they own us to head-to-head. If we could just handle these guys when we play them, they would not even be in the running for the 8th seed right now. Tomorrow night's game is a chance to further quiet the talks of Knicks "team battling to hold onto the 8th seed" and start the talks of Knicks "team cruising their way up to the 4th seed".

Kiyaman

Legend
Sumthin 2 add up the math

Stern lost his mind with this 2011-12 (66 game) schedule, I guess this is Stern's
way to pay back players for the LOCK-OUT.

Last night the Pacer vs Bucks game....where both teams were playing their 3rd game
in 3 nights....WTF is going on when u get 3 games in 3 nights around the end of the season!

The Pacers being the 3rd best team in the Eastern Conference won the game 125-104....
for reasons of having a MVP headcoach....the Pacers have 6 players that played in
all their games this season, and 5 players that only missed a couple of games this season....
giving the Pacers a deep 10+ man rotation throughout this season.

Do not sleep on the Bucks loss (125-104) to a Pacers 10+ man rotation who been
co-existing in a rotation from the start of the season.
The Bucks just added high scoring Monta Ellis to go in between Jennings/Dunleavy/Bogut....
plus the Bucks have frontcourt bigmen to dominate the glass/paint on both sides of
the court.....the Bucks is serious about getting the 8th seed.

Stern lost his mind with this 2011-12 (66 game) schedule, I guess this is Stern's
way to pay back players for the LOCK-OUT.

Last night the Pacer vs Bucks game....where both teams were playing their 3rd game
in 3 nights....WTF is going on when u get 3 games in 3 nights around the end of the season!

The Pacers being the 3rd best team in the Eastern Conference won the game 125-104....
for reasons of having a MVP headcoach....the Pacers have 6 players that played in
all their games this season, and 5 players that only missed a couple of games this season....
giving the Pacers a deep 10+ man rotation throughout this season.

Do not sleep on the Bucks loss (125-104) to a Pacers 10+ man rotation who been
co-existing in a rotation from the start of the season.
The Bucks just added high scoring Monta Ellis to go in between Jennings/Dunleavy/Bogut....
plus the Bucks have frontcourt bigmen to dominate the glass/paint on both sides of
the court.....the Bucks is serious about getting the 8th seed.

Bogut was traded in the Ellis deal...

Kiyaman

Legend
Heres the math.....

How well are our starters doing to co-exist as an offense/defense unit under coach
Mike Woodson?

The defensive switch in the paint with Stat & Chandler is still missing, and the defensive
switch with Stat/Melo/Fields is still missing also making Fields look like shit (and the bad
party on defense), b/c the ball is going to the scoring-guard 80% of the time....a moving
without the ball Monta Ellis getting screens from Gooden will have Jennings passin the
ball to Ellis 1 or 2 seconds after the screen....Stat wide body is suppose to be up on
Ellis within 2 seconds with Fields in front of Gooden....veteran Gooden is also good at
setting two screens in one play by screening Melo off his man then turning to screen
Fields off his man where Melo have to jump on Ellis with a wide body so Ellis dont slash
through the lane.

Our starters offense is still stagnate with poor picks, and poor screens by Chandler & Stat,
acting like their setting a pick or screen but they roll to the basket without any contact
from the fake pick or screen they set....they roll to the paint with their same bigman
defender on them looking for Lin to pass them the ball....this may work in the first half
of the game b/c bigmen defenders dont want to get in early foul trouble, but it never
work in the 2nd half of the game....we have to set real-picks and real-screens at the
start of the 3rd quarter to see how oponents switch....Melo & Stat should be taking
15 & 20 foot jumpers over smaller defenders (Jennings & Ellis). Lin & Fields should be
shooting jumpers with Gooden on them.

Kiyaman

Legend
We dont have a 2nd unit we have bench-players

With Jefferies out for 2 weeks....we no longer have a 2nd-unit we have a loaded bench
of guards (Davis, Smith, Shump), and a decent peremeter SF (Novak)....our 2nd-unit
always lacked a bigman rebounder/paint protector, having Jefferies veteran leadership
taking charges, switching on every pick, protecting the passin-lane, had our guards
playing bigman-B.ball to make up for not having a bigman.

I dont know why we dont give Jerome Jordan some decent minutes each game to
gell with Davis, because Jordan's talent is equal to Jorts talents if not better.
Jordan passing skills after pulling down a defensive-rebound is more accurate
than Jorts. I like Jorts hustle on the defensive-end but Jorts is totally lost on
the offensive-end. Why we never put Jordan, Jorts, and Jefferies on the court
as a frontcourt lineup throughout this season makes me question our coaching-staff
intellegence of coaching bigmen. Jordan & Jorts would develope better NBA skills
as a tandem watching each other back in a lineup....u would give them reason to
practice together to out perform Chandler & Stat at practice.

CoolClyde

...I dont know why we dont give Jerome Jordan some decent minutes each game to
gell with Davis, because Jordan's talent is equal to Jorts talents if not better.
Jordan passing skills after pulling down a defensive-rebound is more accurate
than Jorts. I like Jorts hustle on the defensive-end but Jorts is totally lost on
the offensive-end. Why we never put Jordan, Jorts, and Jefferies on the court
as a frontcourt lineup throughout this season makes me question our coaching-staff
intellegence of coaching bigmen. Jordan & Jorts would develope better NBA skills
as a tandem watching each other back in a lineup....u would give them reason to
practice together to out perform Chandler & Stat at practice.

dream on, looks like Wood Son is sending Jerome back to D-League to get some run...

I don't know why you're bitching so much K-man, the Knicks have won 6 of 7 games
and have been playing excellent since Macaroni went bye-bye.

loosen up, take it light, let's see how we do versus quality competition with playoff
positioning on the line.
:smokin::gony: