Kidd couldn't do us a favor before he retired!!!!

New New York

Quiet Storm
Well many of you have cried out for a new PG and I have said it is both not necessary and not practical but I had recently come up with something.

Kidd and Felton combine for (of had combined for) 7.1 million dollars in total salary. This amount is enough to land us a couple of nice upgrades at the point. The deal for these two would be enticing because Raymond still represents a solid starting PG and Kidd would retire freeing a team from the financial commitment.

my 1st option was Mike Conley: Memphis is in full penny pinch mode, this is similar to The Rudy Gay deal in that they still land a starter while shaving some money. They appear to be content in letting their coach of the year candidate go for financial reasons so no reason to think Conley would not be expendable, especially if they nab a starting PG in return

2nd Option, Jameer Nelson: Orlando does this because it gets them younger and again saves money down the road. They are not trying to win so they could care less about talent influx or drop off, just the monetary bottom line! Would need to include a minor salary to make it work, something like a 1 yr or non-guaranteed for a player like James White in a sign and trade would make it match. But for us is this a true upgrade? Jameer can shoot and is a nice on the ball defender too, but injuries have slowed him, not totally scared off by shooting numbers last year because learning to play without Dwight had to be hard, not to mention he and Affalo were the two players most focused on by opposing D's (no Hibbert, LOL). Playing with Melo should bring up shooting numbers!

3rd Option: this is the most intriguing but least likely! We could do a sign and trade for Calderon with Pistons. Again, Kidd retires and this saves money, Ray Ray is starting PG and we get an upgrade at PG. But Jose would want more than 8 million or so the first year of this deal would have to be.
Plus this is a sign and trade, Jose could make more signing with Pistons outright. But to get this particular deal done Detroit is gonna want a young player. So Shump is completely off the table (although that would be their first request and they would try to stick to that) so Copeland is the next logical choice here.

But anyways this all up in smoke now. With Kidd gone one of the most intriguing aspects of such a deal dies with it. Now Camby could work in a deal, but he is not gonna retire! Yet his buyout is pretty favorable from what I remember so just maybe?

NYKLiFER

Benchwarmer
??

I LIkE FELTON.....

Well many of you have cried out for a new PG and I have said it is both not necessary and not practical but I had recently come up with something.

Kidd and Felton combine for (of had combined for) 7.1 million dollars in total salary. This amount is enough to land us a couple of nice upgrades at the point. The deal for these two would be enticing because Raymond still represents a solid starting PG and Kidd would retire freeing a team from the financial commitment.

my 1st option was Mike Conley: Memphis is in full penny pinch mode, this is similar to The Rudy Gay deal in that they still land a starter while shaving some money. They appear to be content in letting their coach of the year candidate go for financial reasons so no reason to think Conley would not be expendable, especially if they nab a starting PG in return

2nd Option, Jameer Nelson: Orlando does this because it gets them younger and again saves money down the road. They are not trying to win so they could care less about talent influx or drop off, just the monetary bottom line! Would need to include a minor salary to make it work, something like a 1 yr or non-guaranteed for a player like James White in a sign and trade would make it match. But for us is this a true upgrade? Jameer can shoot and is a nice on the ball defender too, but injuries have slowed him, not totally scared off by shooting numbers last year because learning to play without Dwight had to be hard, not to mention he and Affalo were the two players most focused on by opposing D's (no Hibbert, LOL). Playing with Melo should bring up shooting numbers!

3rd Option: this is the most intriguing but least likely! We could do a sign and trade for Calderon with Pistons. Again, Kidd retires and this saves money, Ray Ray is starting PG and we get an upgrade at PG. But Jose would want more than 8 million or so the first year of this deal would have to be.
Plus this is a sign and trade, Jose could make more signing with Pistons outright. But to get this particular deal done Detroit is gonna want a young player. So Shump is completely off the table (although that would be their first request and they would try to stick to that) so Copeland is the next logical choice here.

But anyways this all up in smoke now. With Kidd gone one of the most intriguing aspects of such a deal dies with it. Now Camby could work in a deal, but he is not gonna retire! Yet his buyout is pretty favorable from what I remember so just maybe?

KnicksFan4Life

Benchwarmer
Well many of you have cried out for a new PG and I have said it is both not necessary and not practical but I had recently come up with something. Kidd and Felton combine for (of had combined for) 7.1 million dollars in total salary. This amount is enough to land us a couple of nice upgrades at the point. The deal for these two would be enticing because Raymond still represents a solid starting PG and Kidd would retire freeing a team from the financial commitment. my 1st option was Mike Conley: Memphis is in full penny pinch mode, this is similar to The Rudy Gay deal in that they still land a starter while shaving some money. They appear to be content in letting their coach of the year candidate go for financial reasons so no reason to think Conley would not be expendable, especially if they nab a starting PG in return 2nd Option, Jameer Nelson: Orlando does this because it gets them younger and again saves money down the road. They are not trying to win so they could care less about talent influx or drop off, just the monetary bottom line! Would need to include a minor salary to make it work, something like a 1 yr or non-guaranteed for a player like James White in a sign and trade would make it match. But for us is this a true upgrade? Jameer can shoot and is a nice on the ball defender too, but injuries have slowed him, not totally scared off by shooting numbers last year because learning to play without Dwight had to be hard, not to mention he and Affalo were the two players most focused on by opposing D's (no Hibbert, LOL). Playing with Melo should bring up shooting numbers! 3rd Option: this is the most intriguing but least likely! We could do a sign and trade for Calderon with Pistons. Again, Kidd retires and this saves money, Ray Ray is starting PG and we get an upgrade at PG. But Jose would want more than 8 million or so the first year of this deal would have to be. Plus this is a sign and trade, Jose could make more signing with Pistons outright. But to get this particular deal done Detroit is gonna want a young player. So Shump is completely off the table (although that would be their first request and they would try to stick to that) so Copeland is the next logical choice here. But anyways this all up in smoke now. With Kidd gone one of the most intriguing aspects of such a deal dies with it. Now Camby could work in a deal, but he is not gonna retire! Yet his buyout is pretty favorable from what I remember so just maybe?
Memphis is not trading Conley. His contract is very reasonable and he is still young. Memphis maybe penny pinching but they already let go of Mayo and Gay so that they could keep guys like Randolph, Gasol, and Conely. If anything Randolph would likely be the one traded given his age. Let's be honest you are not getting a young pg in the prime of his career for an aging Kidd and a guy in Felton who ate his way out of shape the last time the Knicks traded him. Other teams can make way better offers than that. Secondly Jameer Nelson is guaranteed 12.6M of his remaining contract. Felton has a player option on his contract that could make it worth 13M of guaranteed money. Jameer is only 1 year and 8 months older than Felton so the Magic would not be getting that young. Third the Calderon scenario is not possible because the Knicks are over the tax apron and are not allowed the option of doing sign and trades to acquire players.

How about we don't, and actually keep Felton to build on the chemistry already developed. Unless were talking about a top 5 point guard, I don't see the need of doing this. Felton is actually a good PG (look at the stats). What makes everyone think Mike Conley, Or Jamir Nelson or someone else of that caliber will come to New York and make a major difference with this current scheme? If anything, we need to focus on getting easy shots. You could point at the PG for this, but the reality is Raymond does drive to create open opportunities (re-watch the games). He's a pass first PG who can also shoot. Bottom line, he can get the job done. His teammates are just failing to convert because they are not creating high % shots. In my opinion, the New York Knicks work extremely hard for almost all of their shots which is not a good thing.

A lack of HIGH PERCENTAGE SHOTS is our primary issue.

Kiyaman

Legend

This is real SAD SAD SAD .... back to the 2011-12 season .. Baby-Melo rule vs Baby-Amare so-call injuries
I wouldnt mind Kidd retiring if we had a full season (2012-13) of Kidd, Felton, and Jeremy Lin...

"Veteran leadership on and off the court was a huge factor for our team that recorded 54 victories and an Atlantic Division crown," said Knicks coach Mike Woodson. "Jason provided an incredible voice inside our locker room and I considered it an honor to say I coached him."

Oldtimer

Rotation player

I have not been able to find a full copy of the current CBA. A reflection of the incompetence of the Players' Union is the fact that its website has a full copy of only the 2005 CBA and not the current CBA. In any event, I took a look at the 2005 provisions regarding prohibited circumvention of the Agreement. Although only the amounts actually due a retired player will count against the cap, it appears that any agreement by Kidd that he would retire after a trade would be prohibited. I had wondered whether we could have traded Kidd to, for example, the Rockets for T. Robinson. The Rockets want to increase their salary cap room in a play for Howard. I believe what is due Robinson is about the same as what Kidd's contract would have been. If there could have been an agreement by Kidd before any trade that he would thereafter retire, we could get something for nothing and the Rockets get their increased cap room. I trust that if this could have been done, Grunwald would have done it.

New New York

Quiet Storm
Memphis is not trading Conley. His contract is very reasonable and he is still young. Memphis maybe penny pinching but they already let go of Mayo and Gay so that they could keep guys like Randolph, Gasol, and Conely. If anything Randolph would likely be the one traded given his age. Let's be honest you are not getting a young pg in the prime of his career for an aging Kidd and a guy in Felton who ate his way out of shape the last time the Knicks traded him. Other teams can make way better offers than that. Secondly Jameer Nelson is guaranteed 12.6M of his remaining contract. Felton has a player option on his contract that could make it worth 13M of guaranteed money. Jameer is only 1 year and 8 months older than Felton so the Magic would not be getting that young. Third the Calderon scenario is not possible because the Knicks are over the tax apron and are not allowed the option of doing sign and trades to acquire players.

Oh...I stand corrected...well Felton it is!!!!

Rob Low

Rotation player
You would actually rather have Jameer than Felton?

Aside from Chalmers, Jameer is probably the worst starting PG in the league