Besides the Knicks, Who would you want to win the NBA championship?

Besides the Knicks, Who would you want to win the championship

• Lakers

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Spurs

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Mavs

• Celtics

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bulls

• OKC

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Orlando

• Portland

• Denver

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Mavericks. Dirk is long overdue, their bench is world class and they also have the toughness now with Chandler, Haywood and Barea.

In addition to that Jason KIdd is the only player on their roster I dislike.

There are atleast 2 on any other team.

Bulls - Rose is a beast and deserves it. Great humble guy, but our old enemy plus I don't like Boozer and Noah.

Celtics - I don't need to say anything.....pretty much the only guy I LIKE on their roster is Ray Allen.

Spurs - I don't like Ginobili and Blair is another guy who's easy to dislike.

Heat - I hate their ENTIRE roster. It's dislike for teams like L.A. or Chicago, but Miami is THE team in basketball that I really really hate from the bottom of my heart.

Magic - I don't like Turkoglu, Nelson and Arenas. Stan Van Gundy is pathetic aswell.

Hawks - Can't stand Horford after that war of words with STAT. Never liked Smith and Pachulia. Hinrich is irritating aswell.

Thunder - Dislike Perkins and to some extent Harden. They won't win it anyway.

So I gotta go with the Mavs.

bboycustom92

Benchwarmer
Denver or Dallas. Denver for Gallo, Chandler, felton, and mozgov. Mavs because Dirk and Kidd deserve a ring, and they're not gunna be around for ever

WrongIslander

Rotation player
Look at this thread, it's just another example of how people WANT us to fail.

"I want the team we just traded players to to win with the players we had thus proving our trade wasn't as good as we thought!"

No thanks.

I'd love the Blazers to win it and catch a break and I'd love Oden to be the one to get them there and I'd love to see Roy win a championship before his career may prematurely end.

STAT1

Starter
If it's not the Knicks, I'd like to see Dwight Howard win a championship in Orlando. I think he's a genuinely likable guy & I'd like to see him celebrated amongst the top C's that have played this game by winning a chip.

Hell no do I want the Nuggets to win a championship regardless of how much I liked Gallo, Wilson & Ray.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
The Nets (hey, it's my home team!....well, for one more year).

I've always been a fan of the Hornets since the Charlotte days.

The Suns (especially for Nash), Warriors, Bobcats, Timberwolves, etc.

I want us to build a dynasty, but I wouldn't mind other teams winning to keep us hungry.

If the poll is for this year, nobody can mess with us in the East!

YungMelo15

Benchwarmer
If it's not the knicks then I would say OKC. Durant will be in the shadows of wade and lebron if he does not get a ring. He would be like the reggir miller cyde drexler or D wilkins of his time, they were outshined but Jordan.

I also love westbrook, that kid is a stud.

iSaYughh

Starter
Lakers. I appreciate greatness. And I wanna see the black mamba punk Boston and the league again.

Wouldn't hate to see Duncan win another, either.

Including teams who won't, but could hit powerball...Portland, I agree. Would be cool to see Roy, even Oden, get a chip, as the horrific downfalls of their budding superstar careers just keeps careening.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Wouldn't hate to see Duncan win another, either.

I voted SA for that precise reason. The classiest superstar of the modern era. No demanded trades or outlandish salaries. Stuck to his team through thick and thin, one of the few that flagged the draft to finish college, as well.

He's the antithesis of Shaq, Boston in general for that matter, and is one of the few non-Knick stars that I am a fan of.

Ginobili is another.

MusketeerX

Rotation player
Considering half our original team is now on Denver, I would say the. I love Gallo, Will, Mozgov and Felton. Plus, with all that George Karl went through. I think it would be nice to see him win a ring. It would be very inspring. Beats Cancer and then takes a team without his best superstar to the finals and wins. It's a good story.

With that said. I just want the Knicks to get there.

smokes

Huge Member
Denver would be nice but they won't get near the finals sorry.

Gotta be OKC for me, exciting, young team, great to watch, usually the underdog too which makes things more interesting.

Best SF in the league with Durant (sorry Melo) and an exciting PG in Westbrook. Would love to see them do well this year, unless they play the Knicks!

The only pro teams I'd ever like to see win championships are the Knicks, Jets, Rays & Rangers.

Not sure why anyone would ever root for Denver to win a championship with Felton, Gallo & Mozgov. Why? So the Knicks, as a franchise; could get laughed @ for the next 30+ years? No thanks.

If the Knicks don't win a championship; the season becomes a moot point. No other team winning a ring could ever make me smile.

WrongIslander

Rotation player
The only pro teams I'd ever like to see win championships are the Knicks, Jets, Rays & Rangers.

Not sure why anyone would ever root for Denver to win a championship with Felton, Gallo & Mozgov. Why? So the Knicks, as a franchise; could get laughed @ for the next 30+ years? No thanks.

If the Knicks don't win a championship; the season becomes a moot point. No other team winning a ring could ever make me smile.

Interesting, why not the Mets or Knicks? Rays are a great team to follow though.

Well, I grew up as a Yankee fan when I was just a kid. My father would take me to Yankee games all the time when I was much younger (he was from the Bronx), but for some reason... After the strike year... He never took me to another baseball game. Have yet to see him watch a baseball game since. He turned his back on baseball after the strike & still says to this day "the Yankees would have won it all that year". So... For years, I guess I just lost my love for baseball myself.

In 96-99 I lived in FL as kid turning into a teen. Parents moved there when my grandmother got sick. During that time... I just fell in love the Devil Rays. Before 1998, I would watch them pratice @ local parks before they played their first game in 98. I've been hooked since. I also don't like how NYY have it easy. Always buying the best players money can buy. Being a fan of an underdog is just a better experience in my eyes. 2008 was a magical summer of baseball. One I'll never forget.