Playoffs?

KnickfaninMA

Benchwarmer
Damn, I'm getting sick of watching the Knicks lose to these weak teams! If the Knicks don't start a winning streak soon, the playoffs will be unattainable.
How do you guys feel about the Knicks chances of getting to the playoffs?

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
I'd be shocked if the Knicks actually make the playoffs. They can't seem to get a good winning streak going. They've got to win more then two back to back games to make it to the playoffs.

Bobcats are a decent squad this year. I think they probably have a better chance of making it then we do. Say what you will about Brown but he's a great X/O's coach and everyone knows that defense wins playoff series. I've only seen a couple of games this season too but I imagine if Harrington, Gallo, Nate and Chandler are consistent, share the ball and get back on defense that can only improve our chances.

LeFlume

All Star
I have no hope of playoffs this year. Knicks have 13 road games left and only 8 at home. Forget about it. Give Gallo more floor time and do the best you can to be ready for the next season.

im pretty sure its safe to say theres a 0% chance of playoffs this year. There's been improvement and if we keep improving next year we got the 8 seed.

Knicks07

Benchwarmer
nah we aint makin the playofs this year. Time to give Cheick Samb and Demetris Nicholas some playing time

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
with each bad loss our chances of the playoffs are diminishing....we have to beat the teams we should be beating if we wanna have a shot....but maybe thats a sign that were still not ready.

jpz17

Starter
us Knicks fans have seen more crazy things, like the 8th seed going to the finals in 99. If we could do that, I know we can do this

JayJ44

Starter
I dunno, it's not impossible. There a lot of games left, and we're only 2 or 3 games out of it. If we can beat the Nets tonight, and pull a couple upset victories, I could see us getting in.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
The Knicks have a 0% chance to make the playoffs. You can thank Mike D'Antoni and Donnie Walsh for that. Had the Knicks drafted Brook Lopez and kept Zach Randolph and Jamal Crawford, the chances would have been 75%, at this point of the season. With Marbury, the chances would have been 80%.

dave2138

Rotation player
13th in east, #9 pick > 9th in east, #13 pick imo.

Of course I pick #8 seed over both of those scenarios, but the way it is looking now, I can't see them playing significantly better than the 5 other contenders.

Still have Orlando 3 more times, Denver, Utah, Miami on the road, home games vs Cleveland and New Orleans..Its come to the point that they must win some of those games to have a shot plus most of the games vs the -.500 teams which they haven't proved they can do consistently yet.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Not gonna happen this year. Considering some of our recent poor performances, I'd prefer to get the pick & hope for a constructive off season of moves & improved chemistry.

A good pick, some beneficial trades, some improved ball from Chandler & The Cock & an affordable resigning of David Lee >>>>>> Playoffs.

A good pick being the only dead certainty when we don't make it into the post season.

We would get absolutely flogged in the first round anyway. It wouldn't even be worth it at the cost of a first round pick.

Just being mentioned in playoff talk in comparison with last years debacle is enough of a reward for a successful year under Mike D & Donnie in contrast with that of Isiah. All of it done, none the less, with a huge cut on the cap.

It's been a ****ing good year really.

Already looking forward to the off season & draft day.

chandlerlee4

Benchwarmer
The Knicks have a 0% chance to make the playoffs. You can thank Mike D'Antoni and Donnie Walsh for that. Had the Knicks drafted Brook Lopez and kept Zach Randolph and Jamal Crawford, the chances would have been 75%, at this point of the season. With Marbury, the chances would have been 80%.

yeah i was really hoping the Knicks would draft Lopez. I mean imagine a lineup of -
Marbury
Crawford
Chandler
Randolph
Lopez
with Nate, DLee, Jeffries, and Q

I would somehow try to trade Crawford though, I think it would be better to have a sharp shooter along Marbury

sorry for bringing up Marbs btw I know hes not on the Knicks anymore

Arod2k9

Benchwarmer
I think Donnie and Mike have done a great job building the foundation this season. Drafting Gallinari over Lopez was the right move and still the right move. The Knicks needed new flavor, a new face, high IQ, unselfish type player and Gallo is all of those things to the Knicks. This kid is only 20, by the time he's 25 he'll be the next great European player on the rise.

Getting rid of Randolph/Crawford/Marbury were great moves by Walsh and Mike. All are losing players, all are selfish players, all are making too much money, and all three would have been in the way of the development of Lee, Chandler, Nate, Gallo, Duhon. By getting rid of all three we saved over 50 million in cap space by 2010. Again great moves.

I'm not that high on any Knicks players except for Gallo and Chandler. Those are my two keepers, and this summer getting rid of Nate and Lee would be icing on the cake. Both are overated and both need to be sign-and-trade for expiring contracts.

We don't have a pick in 2010 so missing the playoff is not that bad as a Lottery pick in '09 is so important for this teams future.

BTW, Hughes lost the game today on that play vs Harris today. Wow...

KnickfaninMA

Benchwarmer
Flirting with playoffs

Man, this team is so unpredictable! They win games against the best teams, and they lose games against the worst teams. With this unpredictability, who knows what the end result will be. Maybe the Knicks win the majority of their remaining games and sneak into the playoffs, or they lose the majority of their remaining games and the 08-09 season is history. This unpredictability keeps us watching and hoping that the Knicks finish strong and sneak into the playoffs. Lets go Knicks!
:gony:

Torp

Benchwarmer
How sweet would that be if we end up not losing a single game until the playoffs!? lol, I'm dreaming but it would be a great Cinderella story. And then managing to beat Marbury with the Celtics would be even sweeter.

But on a more serious note. Playoffs are definetly still very mathematically possible. Nets somehow lost to the Warriors today. Bulls lost, and all the teams above us have a pretty hard schedule except for maybe the Bobcats, who I think have a good chance at a playoff spot. We can do it, but we need to win the unpredictable ones against the Magic and whatnot.