Delphino to Knicks?

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Delfino to Knicks?

Will Knicks Make A Play For Delfino?

The Knicks could make a play for 6-6 shooting guard Carlos Delfino, who is playing in Russia and technically still is property of the Toronto Raptors. The Knicks could sign Delfino to an offer sheet and hope the Raptors don't match. -- Newsday

I say another shooter, especially one 6'6" can only help in this system. Thoughts?

Last edited:

Ewing

Benchwarmer
He's a solid player, who can put some good numbers on offense and his defense is very good too.
He could help us no doubt.

rollingstone

Benchwarmer
He should be great for us, great feet movement on defence, nice 3pt shooting on offence even if streaky, nice ball handling.

Do we have $ for him though?
He's got ~13.5 mil $ over 3 years deal in Russia, with all taxes covered. He may like security of the NBA more during this economic crysis, but not sure if he'd sign for Mobley's exception till 2010 - that's huge paycut for him.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Carlos Delfino's aiight. I wouldn't mind signing him. He doesn't deserve any more than a 2 year contract, though.

rollingstone

Benchwarmer
nope, no more offesive softies

huh did u just read he's in Europe and decided he's 'offensive softie'?
lol u should study players before saying stuff like that
Check Toronto games in torrents or something
Delfino is a defence-first player, offence being less consistent part of his game

mugili716

Benchwarmer
Dont you guys think we are too stacked at that position already? I mean if we get Delphino who is what 6'6 thats gonna take time away from Chandler. We already got Harrington, Chandler, Q and Danilo when he comes back all playing the SF position....I guess he can play SG but he played SF when he was in Toronto...

Toons

is the Bo$$
huh did u just read he's in Europe and decided he's 'offensive softie'?
lol u should study players before saying stuff like that
Check Toronto games in torrents or something
Delfino is a defence-first player, offence being less consistent part of his game

LMAO, u callin me out on my ball knowledge?
oh wow, you know about carlos delfino...some scrub playing in europe. i bet ur his cousin. who cares about him? without this internet and trade rumors these guys would be nothing. How about we research someone worth it, try to get nenad kristic or something. Why the hell do we need a sf?? who cares if he's a guard, he's a gurad on a team where the coach had boris diaw at center and who talks of puttin lee and chandler and gallo at center. he is just as tall as q.rich, with less of a shot. Dont think that dantoni can pull a duhon on delfino.

and i KNOW he's a softie from watching him in detroit mr. basketball guru.....obviously ur only watchin him in toronto when he had a career year with what? a 3 rebound average? wat? around 7 points or something? correct me if im wrong.

listen here, carlos delfino is a SOFTIE!
why the hell r u even defending delfino? he sucks.
if he had any skill defending, he wud still be here. there is always a place for a defensive presence in the nba

we dont need him,

point blank.....we just dont need him

Toons

is the Bo$$
Dont you guys think we are too stacked at that position already? I mean if we get Delphino who is what 6'6 thats gonna take time away from Chandler. We already got Harrington, Chandler, Q and Danilo when he comes back all playing the SF position....I guess he can play SG but he played SF when he was in Toronto...

some boneheaded knick fans dont understand this. There is only one way we can go after another forward, and that is through trading forwards. now our problem is that our forwards have hefty contracts....from malik rose to jarred jefferies. what compounds the problem is that our forwards arent stacked with talent, so teams arent looking to downgrade, add slaray, and take a talent blow simultaneously.

rollingstone

Benchwarmer
LMAO, u callin me out on my ball knowledge?
oh wow, you know about carlos delfino...some scrub playing in europe. i bet ur his cousin. who cares about him? without this internet and trade rumors these guys would be nothing. How about we research someone worth it, try to get nenad kristic or something. Why the hell do we need a sf?? who cares if he's a guard, he's a gurad on a team where the coach had boris diaw at center and who talks of puttin lee and chandler and gallo at center. he is just as tall as q.rich, with less of a shot. Dont think that dantoni can pull a duhon on delfino.

and i KNOW he's a softie from watching him in detroit mr. basketball guru.....obviously ur only watchin him in toronto when he had a career year with what? a 3 rebound average? wat? around 7 points or something? correct me if im wrong.

listen here, carlos delfino is a SOFTIE!
why the hell r u even defending delfino? he sucks.
if he had any skill defending, he wud still be here. there is always a place for a defensive presence in the nba

we dont need him,

point blank.....we just dont need him

Yea, i'm calling u out on your "basketball knowledge" lol, cause u sure aint showing it :D
1. He has played SG most of his career, not SF.
2. The guy was sidelined by injury or recovering from it first two years in Detroit, and had a significant bench role in 3rd season, for a pretty good team i must say. U call him a scrub? lol at your "basketball knowledge" :)
3. What's wrong with judging him based on his last year in NBA? What, u judge players based on their injury years? Very smart lol :)
4. If u did your 'research' instead of trying to impress everyone with empty barking, u'd know the guy went to Europe because his salary there is higher than any except 3 players in Toronto.
5. Nenad Krstic is off the market and going to OKC. Ohh u didnt know that either? Lol impressive for a guy so sure in his "basketball knowledge"
6. Wash that sand out off your vagina Toons. It makes you very irritable and annoying. ;)

Last edited:

Red

TYPE-A
Stats

FG % 40
APG 1.2
PPG 5.8
MPG 17.1
3P% 35%
= Another body

This is not a long term solution! He's no better than anyone we have. We need a solid big man (not a converted sf/pf tweeny) [not to say this guy is a sf/pf] who can actually play D in order to compete consistently!

Find someone who can play D and all of a sudden D'Antoni thinks they can match up in the post with the leagues big men, its not reality.

D'Antonis' style is great, offense moves the ball etc...but if he hasn't learned the importance of playing D and a big man what are we really saying....?

That its o.k. to watch and root for the Knicks because after being so bad for so long ANYTHING is better than what we had. When in reality we should be embarrassed that we had the highest (or one of the) scoring team in the league and still lost games! Not Acceptable!

rollingstone

Benchwarmer
FG % 40
APG 1.2
PPG 5.8
MPG 17.1
3P% 35%
= Another body

This is not a long term solution! He's no better than anyone we have.

This is all true, but 1) we dont need long term solution, just a quality guard who can defend and shoot 3s till 2010. I'd love a good big guy like Brad Miller even more, but hey, good big guys dont grow on trees in the mid season.

And 2) those are career numbers, which include 2 years he played on one knee in Detroit. Sure we can point them out, but do they really say us anything? A SG sucked playing with knee injury - not something unusual, is it?

Last season in NBA is 0.382 from 3s, 9 pt, 4.4 reb, 1.8 dime per ~24 min, and solid defence against SGs/SFs.

He's a good pickup, would give us toughness and defence in the backcourt. As long as he accepts much lower salary than in Europe to play for us.

Scribbles

Rotation player
He should be great for us, great feet movement on defence, nice 3pt shooting on offence even if streaky, nice ball handling.

Do we have $ for him though?
He's got ~13.5 mil $ over 3 years deal in Russia, with all taxes covered. He may like security of the NBA more during this economic crysis, but not sure if he'd sign for Mobley's exception till 2010 - that's huge paycut for him.

Yea but this is the storied franchise of the NY Knicks. Players can't put a price on that type of allure.

rollingstone

Benchwarmer
Yea but this is the storied franchise of the NY Knicks. Players can't put a price on that type of allure.

NY is great for stars who want a bigger shoe deal, or for old rich ex-stars who want comfort of a big city.
But for young role players - does it matter? They wont sign shoe deals, and they aren't rich enough to throw away several mil a year.
I think he would just go to the team that offers most. But hey, i wish u are right, better for us

Last edited: