Potential Recrutees for the New York Knick roster.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
I have a few ideas to throw out regarding players to add to the Knicks roster. Forum feed back would be appreciated.

First Antoine Walker. He is a free agent this year and would be a good starting PF for the team. He's what the knicks may be looking for.

Second and one of my personal favorites, Wally Szczerbiak. Wally is a native New Yorker and is unhappy with being a fourth option for the wolves. Lets face it, the T-wolves are perhaps the biggest let down in NBA history. They whent from Western Conference Finalists to not even making the playoffs the following season. I'm curious to see if the Knicks will go after Szczerbiak now that they have Richardson.

Finally, this is probably not going to happen but it would be great if it did. Most of you will probably disagree. WEBBER! That's right sports fans you read it right. Chris Webber in my opinion is not finnisfinnishedThis guy can still be a major contricontributorteam with good cemistry. I don't expect Weber to stay in Philly long because let's face it, any team with the ballhog (A.I.) is inevitably a loosing team. However contractually its not a great move, but it would be great for ticket sales.

Jazzyknicks33

Benchwarmer
I'm sorry but I disagree with all 3 players. Antoine Walker is inconsistent and known to not show up in big games. He played poorly in a couple of the games against indiana last year and a couple years ago he got shut down by k-mart in the conference finals. We already have enough guys that are going to be shooting 3's. Wally Szczerbiak is a good shooter but I'd rather the knicks have enough players at that position who are all faster and more athletic than wally.

I agree that Chris Webber can still play with the right team and the right players around him, but at his age, he's too old to come to the young knicks. By the time all of the young players are developed, Chris Webber will almost be ready to retire. I'd rather develop a power forward which we already have, than acquire chris webber. Frye and David Lee will be nice. Alot of people on this website semm to have no support for sweetney, but I like sweetneys game. He uses his body well and hes got very good hands. The ball seems to come to him a lot. He's shown in a couple games that he can really score. He had 18 points i think in the first quarter alone in a game last year. J James, Sweetney, and Frye is a good 3 big man rotation. Frye could play both positions. I don't think the knicks should make another trade until a month or 2 into the season and see how good their team is with the current roster.

ny3nyk

Rotation player
i have to disagree with all three players too.

1. i dont see walker fitting in with us. i think this team has enough fowards and 3 point shooters, i said this before, im scared that we will turn into team that falls in love with the 3

2. i dont know who minnesota would take for szerbiak, and his contract isnt too great either. i wouldnt want to give up crawford and sweet for him, they are more vauluable

3. webber's knees, well that pretty much describes it

hoop115

Benchwarmer
1. walker is a shoot first - shoot second, type of player. ballhog + ballhog doesn't mix.

2. the only player that I would trade for on Minny is KG, but we would have to trade away all of our current and future stars to get it done.

3. webber is no longer the athletic bruiser he once was

NYKnicks15

Starter
i have a feeling were gonna end up with walker and pay the small price of maybe Mo Taylor and a first round pick...

but heres some other ideas to throw around..

Drew Gooden & Ira Newble FOR Jamal Crawford or Malik Rose
Nene FOR Mike Sweetney and a 1st Round Pick
Tyson Chandler & Antonio Davis FOR Tim Thomas & Mo Taylor
and then the impossible...my favorite...THREE WAY TRADE

UTAH JAZZ- F Wally Sczerbiak, G Jamal Crawford & a NY 1st Round Pick
TIMBERWOLVES- F Carlos Boozer, F Tim Thomas & G Gordan Giricek
NEW YORK KNICKS- F Kevin Garnett & a MN 1st Round Pick

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
donchris said:
Antoine Walker

Oh man... rookie mistake, never ever mention his name in a Knicks forum anywhere... we all hate him, for various reasons, im sure everyones already told you why.. :)

nyk33334

Benchwarmer
I really rather have gone w/ kwame brown over JJames. I expect Isiah to make one more move. The knicks have too many forwards and guards. Imagine we land KG and McGrady? and we lose Marbury and Allan?

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
yeah we had a whole thread on twoine....undersized, slow, doesnt rebound great, hes improved his shot selection recently and can pass but its not worth it. wally - see q, houston, etc....q does a lot more than wally anyway. webber is injured and a perimeter 4. we need post players who can bang and that sure aint him rite now.

furious lord

Benchwarmer
:afro:
I'd like to go against the grain and play devil's advocate here and pick Toine. Eventhough most on this forum hate Walker, I feel there is a chance he could work out here. Somebody said he's not a good rebounder, well he only averages about 9 rpg, and he's supposedly slow, yet every game last year he torched the hell out of Kurt Thomas, our best low post defender, continuously beating him down the court and shooting his eyes out. Personally, I would not take 'Toine unless we got Larry Brown as the coach. Most difficult players listen to coaches with championship rings, and I don't see Walker toning his game down for Herb Williams. But Walker would give us a rebounder and a shooter at the 4.
Secondly, I like the trade idea of Sweetney for Nene. Eventhough Nene is raw, he's big and physical and next to james would give us a pretty imposing front line size-wise.

FLipfacTion4LyfE

Benchwarmer
Im reallii surprised u guys arent satisfied with this seasons roster.. Were getting a reallii good coach we've got reallii good players out of the draft, we finally have a center, we have a two guard that can actually shoot three pointers.. Im realllii optimistic about this year.

KnicksFan20

Rotation player
how can we be satisfied with 7 power forwards or how ever many we have and 50 million dollars over the cap

(just to add none of those fowards are great besides imo jerome williams and possibly sweetney but there good not great.)

this is the reason we still need to make sum deals