Broadway

All Star
Do This

05_22_2013_forest-fire.jpg

1226755136E6v593.jpg

t1larg.josh.baby.jpg

Then That

7330186-590x392.jpg

It's time folks, as much as I don't want to think about it...this is our last hope at anything. He's the only coach to get him to a Conference Finals. The only coach to get him to play any real resemblance of TEAM basketball. He's available and I also think he can maximize this roster to whatever potential it has. Melo needs to be mitigated and this is the only thing I can think of. I think he can handle the bench in New York for a few yrs.

tiger0330

Legend
Philly made a good hire with Brett Brown, I like Karl but what an abysmal playoff record. That new GM Hinkie took his time with the hire, so much time he was criticized for it but it seems to be a good hire. Knicks need to do the same and not hire based on who you know like it always seems they do.

Broadway

All Star
Philly made a good hire with Brett Brown, I like Karl but what an abysmal playoff record. That new GM Hinkie took his time with the hire, so much time he was criticized for it but it seems to be a good hire. Knicks need to do the same and not hire based on who you know like it always seems they do.

Brett Brown while I do think he a fresh new hire.....he hasn't been tested nor proven in any measure. This has more to do with getting the most out of Melo... which no new up start coach will be capable of doing.

If Karl's playoff resume is so abysmal(which I do beg to differ to an extent...he's taken a team to the Finals and has appeared in 3 different Conference Finals or is he being handicapped to the Melo post Melo era?) why did we take on a player such as Melo in the first place. At least Karl is proven with or without Melo.

Bottomline if we aren't getting rid of Melo, then we need to bring in a coach who can break down some of Melo's walls. Karl has at least proven this more than anyone else.

Rob Low

Rotation player
Most overrated coach of all time. We'd win 60 regular season games and lose to a team much worse than us in the first round. I'd rather have either of the Van Gundy's

Kiyaman

Legend
Kiya's not gonna like this.

:agreed:
Coach Karl is a regular season HC, who have no creative-coaching skills in a postseason series ..
having Gary Payton & Kemp, or Cassel & Ray Allen, or Iverson/Melo/K-Mart/and Camby.

Its hard to vision a NBA HC able to take ISO-Melo antics to the FINALS.
Look at all the back-door plays we have when Melo is holding the ball .. Karl & Woodson never scream at Melo about that.

Trading Melo/Amare/and Woodson on the February trading deadline is our best option to visit the FINALS in 2014-15.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Can't wait to read comments praising Woody and putting him in the CoY race the moment the Knicks start winning. Woodson's RS record with the Knicks is .667. Why should we fire him? Because we failed in the playoffs? We are not a championship caliber team, our playoff disgrace is as much on Woodson as on every single player on that team. Or should we get rid of Woody because we lost 2 of our 3 first games of the season? Chicago and Brooklyn did too, are they going to fire Thibs and Kidd respectively? Jesus folks, have some trust in this coach and this team. Last year I expected that team to make it to the 2nd round. And they did. In my opinion: achievement unlocked. Now it's time to make a step further, I expect this crew to make it to the ECF or at least G7 of the 2nd round. We gotta improve every year, but championship is beyond our reach.

Broadway

All Star
Couldn't agree more Rob......JVG/SVG or Phil......

Phil said we're clumsy doesn't like the roster

SVG is the master of panic and a constant screamer

JVG is all about defense but someone who Dolan hates

Now ask yourself which one of those coaches would mesh with Melo? I don't want Karl based on his coaching abilities per say, although he's no worse than whose available outside of Phil, it was qualified based on the Melo factor.

Last edited:

bigapple

Starter
Jax had Jordan and Bryant so i can tell him stop telling crap what he could win without both of them

thats why i love POP even when he was 1-4 vs Jax he got 4 title and just once unlucky lost finals

I like JVG and he criticisim about refs during games but anyway he was few times fined bout this which describes what NBA
really is all bout .

@3g4g MELO need 2nd regular scorer .
When u are watching Knicks Heat u can look @ MELO who he always talkin with
its Dwane both of them respect each other they r close friends not with James but with Dwayne
MELO need player like Dwayne with D and with passing.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
The problem is not the coach. It's the players. One guy taking all of the shots and doesn't make anyone else better is not a recipe for a playoff run let alone a championship. 2nd best player is your point guard. That's a problem unless your Magic, Isiah or Chris Paul.

The play making pass first PG is all but dead. Felton would be great off of the bench if we had a more efficient PG. We need a guy that can put up 14 points and 9 or 10 assists.

Need a younger more athletic front court. Up and down the roster, Knicks need just about everything to improve. No one player will change things. We tried that with Melo and basically mortgaged our entire roster for a star and a dream. Look how that's working out for us.

metrocard

Legend
The problem is not the coach. It's the players. One guy taking all of the shots and doesn't make anyone else better is not a recipe for a playoff run let alone a championship. 2nd best player is your point guard. That's a problem unless your Magic, Isiah or Chris Paul.

The play making pass first PG is all but dead. Felton would be great off of the bench if we had a more efficient PG. We need a guy that can put up 14 points and 9 or 10 assists.

Need a younger more athletic front court. Up and down the roster, Knicks need just about everything to improve. No one player will change things. We tried that with Melo and basically mortgaged our entire roster for a star and a dream. Look how that's working out for us.

Woodson is trash.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Woodson is trash.

You don't like Woodson. I get it. But do you really think a new coach with a new philosophy is the answer? Will this team with it's current personnel go deeper in the playoffs if we simply replace Woodson?

metrocard

Legend
You don't like Woodson. I get it. But do you really think a new coach with a new philosophy is the answer? Will this team with it's current personnel go deeper in the playoffs if we simply replace Woodson?

Considering the lack of respect Woodson has for defense and how he doesn't punish players for sagging, switching or playing lazy on the perimeter and in the paint but he will PUNISH someone for taking a bad shot or making the wrong pass...he's too offense oriented.

The best teams in the NBA evolve defensively till they reach max potential and work on their offense from there.

Spurs and Miami are examples, Chicago is trying to become that kind of team and Indiana is becoming more offensive minded since their defense is so consistent.

We will never have a consistent defense under Mike Woodson, he doesn't keep a firm grip on the team and lets them do whatever they want on defense. It's no different from D'Antoni.

Watching these guys and seeing professionals like Chandler have to guard point guards and Felton having to guard small forwards just shows how seriously these guys take their defense. Chandler can be great at defending the paint, but the past year he's been a former shell of himself. It doesn't help when you have guys like Felton allowing every guard on a NBA roster get to the paint for free or dominate himself on the P&R

Kiyaman

Legend
Can't wait to read comments praising Woody and putting him in the CoY race the moment the Knicks start winning. Woodson's RS record with the Knicks is .667.

ur not going to read any good comments on Woodson throughout the 2013-14 season.

Woodson's winning record of .667 are from Linsanity & Jason Kidd .. Props to Glen Grunwald.
G.M. Grunwald got demoted not FIRED for making backward moves repeatedly this offseason.
Woodson is 1-3 giving rookie THJ, Bargs, and Meta, 20 minutes of playingtime at the wrong time in all 4 games.

petescud

Starter
Well a friend of mine chimed in to my Facebook about a comment i made on ESPN.com...says he's worked for MSG for 24 years now, and the Rangers and Knicks will never win with this owner. Something we all knew, but from a workers mouth too. His teams are like pets to him, and we get stuck with this guy. Couldn't the seller see this beforehand, that the greatest city in the world, would be suspect to trash with this owner,,,,sad

Broadway

All Star
Considering the lack of respect Woodson has for defense and how he doesn't punish players for sagging, switching or playing lazy on the perimeter and in the paint but he will PUNISH someone for taking a bad shot or making the wrong pass...he's too offense oriented.

The best teams in the NBA evolve defensively till they reach max potential and work on their offense from there.

Spurs and Miami are examples, Chicago is trying to become that kind of team and Indiana is becoming more offensive minded since their defense is so consistent.

We will never have a consistent defense under Mike Woodson, he doesn't keep a firm grip on the team and lets them do whatever they want on defense. It's no different from D'Antoni.

Watching these guys and seeing professionals like Chandler have to guard point guards and Felton having to guard small forwards just shows how seriously these guys take their defense. Chandler can be great at defending the paint, but the past year he's been a former shell of himself. It doesn't help when you have guys like Felton allowing every guard on a NBA roster get to the paint for free or dominate himself on the P&R

First Post In Thread......

THAT