Futbol*appreciation*thread

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
You know I had to keep it real with the name. There ain't no soccer, *****s, its FUTBOL!!!

I decided to make a new futbol thread because the other one is kinda old and lacks the style only I can give it :cool:

Anyway, to me, the game of futbol has always been a very unique sport. It takes much skill and determination to become a great futbol player.

I love the game, even though I don't get a chance to play it very often. Basketball is still my first love, but futbol is not far behind.

I'ma be adding videos, pics and stories(bios and futbol news) from time to time. Everyone, feel free to add anything related to futbol. If you got a story you would like to share, go right ahead.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
Sometimes I check out youtube for futbol highlights. These two videos I'm putting up are probably the best ones I've seen so far. First one is robinho and the second is ronaldinho.

ROBINHO- Twinkle toes (the intro is a minute long, after that its all highlights)

The legend of Ronaldinho(Mortal Kombat!!! LoL)

th3realicon

Rotation player
Dinho brings back old memories. :) I was upset he left us to join AC Milan although our current #10 is doing quite well :D

milchshake

Benchwarmer
We got already Africa Cup of Nation, there is few flashy, memorable plays :peace:

Suicidal:

<embed src="http://rd3.videos.sapo.pt/play?file=http://rd3.videos.sapo.pt/QP47li0Zm0EiRj6ZIWRI/mov/1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="410" height="276" allowFullScreen="true"></embed>

A trip out of the goalpost:

<embed src="http://rd3.videos.sapo.pt/play?file=http://rd3.videos.sapo.pt/FhvRaWrPTzAu62RP7buU/mov/1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="410" height="276" allowFullScreen="true"></embed>

Incredible:

<embed src="http://rd3.videos.sapo.pt/play?file=http://rd3.videos.sapo.pt/zkwksnDSg56mzOG8hgaV/mov/1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="410" height="281" allowFullScreen="true"></embed>

This things only in African championship.

milchshake

Benchwarmer
Yo, are you in africa?

Noooo, i'm sitting on my ass in EU watching eurosport and funny sport videos. I should say Africans got Cup, but we got sth amusing to watch :peace: I probably wouldn't go to Angola it's to dangerous, Togo ( with my favourite player ADEBAYOR ) leaves championship after rebels fired on bus with players....

Last edited:

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
Noooo, i'm sitting on my ass in EU watching eurosport and funny sport videos. I should say Africans got Cup, but we got sth amusing to watch :peace: I probably wouldn't go to Angola it's to dangerous, Togo ( with my favourite player ADEBAYOR ) leaves championship after rebels fired on bus with players....

EU = Europe? if you there, you're going to be lucky to watch the world cup at normal time. over here in NY the matches are gonna be broadcast live at 3 or 4 in the AM. its crazy.

rady

Administrator
Staff member
I remember back in 94 when i had to watch USA94 at similar times. Made the experience even better! :)

milchshake

Benchwarmer
EU = Europe? if you there, you're going to be lucky to watch the world cup at normal time. over here in NY the matches are gonna be broadcast live at 3 or 4 in the AM. its crazy.

hehe that's why i'm watching games on sunday and rarely during the week. For me the earliest game are broadcasting at midnight, sometimes when i got up they'are still playing in the west conference :peace:

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
egypt all day every day man, nothing beats the pride i got for my country and team.....we got this african cup and our players are starting to get the respect they need on world level as many of them are being seriously considered and pursued for the premiere league

Shikabala; young (23) agressive midfielder with great precision passing, and aggressive play and great ball control and exceptional shop. soon to be in the premiere league

Gedo; came late onto the scene and almost didnt make the team but has now solidified his spot as a spark on the team; comes in the second half and scores wonders, is a sunderland and blackburn target

then theres ahmed el mohammadi who all his videos are unwatchable on youtube cause of the terms of their use loll, hes 21 and plays defensive midfield dude runs up a storm and is great on freekicks hes a blackburn target and will be in the premiere league very soon, hes called the african beckham loll

then theres amr zaki the bull loll just recently went to hull city after playing great for wigan athletic

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
robinho_1564646c.jpg

Manchester City set to unload Robinho at last with loan move to Santos

Robinho could make his final appearance for Manchester City in the FA Cup tie at Scunthorpe after club officials sanctioned moves to offload the ?32.5 million British record signing on loan to Santos.

Attempts by Man City to re-ignite Barcelona's interest in the Brazil forward by offering him on loan until the end of the season have been met with a cool response from the European champions, who have told City that Robinho is no longer a leading target.
But Brazilian club Santos, who sold Robinho to Real Madrid for ?20 million in 2005, are in talks with City over a short-term move for the 25 year-old.

Although the two clubs remain some distance from agreeing on financial aspects of the deal, which would involve Santos paying a substantial proportion of Robinho's ?160,000-a-week wages, sources at City believe a compromise can be reached.
Manager Roberto Mancini has been dismayed by Robinho's performances since succeeding Mark Hughes at Eastlands and he has informed City's football administrator, Brian Marwood, that he is ready to part with the player.
Despite making an instant impact at Manchester City following his move from Real in Sept 2008, Robinho scored just three goals in 2009 and he has yet to find the net this season.
He has done little to assuage the perception that he is unhappy at City, making regular comments about his desire to play for Barcelona, but Mancini's decision to replace Robinho at Everton last Saturday ? 51 minutes after introducing him as a substitute ? prompted chairman Khaldoon al-Mubarak, chief executive Garry Cook and Marwood to re-evaluate their stance on Robinho's future.
City are determined to dispense with Robinho on their terms and it has been made clear to him and his representatives that he will not be allowed to leave during this transfer window unless a deal can be struck to City's satisfaction.
For the first time, though, City have acknowledged that they are prepared to offload the player, who has stressed a desire for first-team football in the build-up to the World Cup.
With Mancini preparing to rest key players such as Shay Given, Gareth Barry and Carlos T?vez at Scunthorpe, Robinho could yet figure at Glanford Park after being named in City's travelling squad.
But having sanctioned the loan of City youngster Vladimir Weiss to Bolton until the end of the season, Mancini admits the prospects of AC Milan midfielder Mathieu Flamini and Juventus defender Giorgio Chiellini arriving at Eastlands this month appear slim.
"Flamini is a good player but he is playing at Milan and playing very well, so I don't think it is possible for him to come," said Mancini. "Chiellini is the best defender in Italy right now, so it is impossible for Juventus to lose him."
Emmanuel Adebayor, who is due back at Eastlands after a period of compassionate leave following the terrorist attack on the Togo team bus in Angola two weeks' ago, is not expected to figure against Manchester United in the Carling Cup semi-final second-leg at Old Trafford on Wednesday due to fitness concerns.
Chief executive Cook has added to the verbal sparring between United and City, however, by claiming his club will be, 'without doubt, the biggest and best football club in the world.' Cook, addressing supporters at a club function in New York's Mad Hatter Saloon, added that 'it is not if, but when, we're at Wembley having beaten Man United yet again."

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
^ unno man maybe a return to his roots is what he needs, dude hasnt lived up to the billing that came with him when he came to Real Madrid and was sold to Manchester City, hes a disappointment thus far but the talent is clearly there, i hope he could find his way and live up to his hype loll

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
^ unno man maybe a return to his roots is what he needs, dude hasnt lived up to the billing that came with him when he came to Real Madrid and was sold to Manchester City, hes a disappointment thus far but the talent is clearly there, i hope he could find his way and live up to his hype loll

yea, I hope he doesn't waste that talent. He needs to refocus and improve his game. He still has a long way to go, I don't even think he has reached his prime yet.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
word, he has worlds of talent but he still has alot of refining to do but there is no doubt hes a class A talent. i hope he gets it together i really do.

how's about egypt going for a 3rd straight african cup title :cool: loll i hope we get it, we could use it after the bitter taste of missing out on the world cup

th3realicon

Rotation player
At 26 years old he is clearly past due. Can't consider him a talent no more, more of a dissapointment. Reminds me of Adriano who was a done at 26.

Pricey

Rotation player
Robinho stinks. Never plays 2 good games in a row and sulks on the bench. Did it in Spain and done it in England.
I'd much rather play Bellamy and Petrov and Wright-Phillips on the flanks if i was Mancini.
So much talent but a piss poor attitude.

Man Utd going back to Wembley :D

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
thats true Robino has really disappointed as a player and its a shame to see all that talent go to waste, he had the potential to be the best at his position but hes been way to inconsistent; hopefully he could figure it out and a return to santos could revive him but i just dont see it

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
CRISTIANO RONALDO BIO

175px-CRonaldo.jpg

Cristiano Ronaldo, OIH (Portuguese pronunciation: [kɾɨʃˈtiɐnu ʁuˈnaɫdu]; born 5 February 1985) is a Portuguese footballer who plays as a winger for Spanish club Real Madrid and serves as captain of the Portuguese national team. Ronaldo currently holds the distinction of being the most expensive player in football history after having transferred to Real Madrid from Manchester United in a deal worth ?80 million (?94m, US$132m). His contract with Real Madrid is believed to have made him the highest-paid football player in the world.
Ronaldo began his career as a youth player for Andorinha, where he played for two years, then moved to Nacional. In 1997, he made a move to Portuguese giants Sporting Clube de Portugal. Ronaldo's precocious talent caught the attention of Manchester United manager Alex Ferguson and he signed the 18-year-old for ?12.24 million in 2003. The following season, Ronaldo won his first club honour, the FA Cup, and reached the UEFA Euro 2004 final with Portugal, in which tournament he scored his first international goal.
In 2008, Ronaldo won his first UEFA Champions League title, and was named player of the tournament. He was named the FIFPro World Player of the Year and the FIFA World Player of the Year, in addition to becoming Manchester United's first Ballon d'Or winner in 40 years.
Three-time Ballon d'Or winner Johan Cruyff said in an interview on 2 April 2008, "Ronaldo is better than George Best and Denis Law, who were two brilliant and great players in the history of United."

Early life

Cristiano Ronaldo dos Santos Aveiro was born on 5 February 1985 in Santo Ant?nio, a neighbourhood of Funchal, Madeira, the youngest child of Maria Dolores dos Santos Aveiro, a cook, and Jos? Dinis Aveiro, a municipal gardener. His second given name, "Ronaldo", was chosen after then-U.S. president Ronald Reagan, who was his father's favourite actor. He has one older brother, Hugo, and two older sisters, Elma and Liliana C?tia.

Club career

Early career

At the age of eight, Ronaldo played for amateur team Andorinha, where his father was the kit man. In 1995, Ronaldo signed with local club Nacional, and, after a title-winning campaign, he went on a three-day trial with Sporting Clube de Portugal, who subsequently signed him for an undisclosed sum.

Sporting CP

Ronaldo joined Sporting's other youth players who trained at the Alcochete, the club's football academy. He became the only player ever to play for Sporting's U-16, U-17, U-18, B-team, and first team, all within one season. He scored two goals in his Sporting debut against Moreirense, while featuring for Portugal in the UEFA Under 17 Championships.
When he was 15, Ronaldo was diagnosed with a racing heart, a condition that might have forced him to give up playing football. The Sporting staff were made aware of the condition and Ronaldo's mother gave her authorisation for him to go into hospital. While there, he had an operation in which a laser was used to cauterise the area of his heart that was causing the problem. The surgery took place in the morning and Ronaldo was discharged from hospital by the end of the afternoon; he resumed training only a few days later.
He was first spotted by then-Liverpool manager G?rard Houllier at 16, but Liverpool declined to take him on because they decided he was too young and needed some time to develop his skills. However, he came to the attention of Manchester United manager Alex Ferguson in the summer of 2003, when Sporting defeated United 3?1 in the inauguration of the Est?dio Jos? Alvalade in Lisbon. Ronaldo's performance impressed the Manchester United players, who urged Ferguson to sign him.

MANCHESTER UNITED 2003-2005

Ronaldo became Manchester United's first-ever Portuguese player when he signed for ?12.24 million after the 2002?03 season. He requested the number 28 (his number at Sporting), as he did not want the pressure of living up to the expectation linked to the number 7 shirt, which had previously been worn by players such as George Best, Bryan Robson, Eric Cantona, and David Beckham. "After I joined, the manager asked me what number I'd like. I said 28. But Ferguson said 'No, you're going to have No. 7,' and the famous shirt was an extra source of motivation. I was forced to live up to such an honour."
Ronaldo made his team debut as a 60th-minute substitute in a 4-0 home victory over Bolton Wanderers. He scored his first goal for Manchester United with a free kick in a 3?0 win over Portsmouth on 1 November 2003. He scored United's 1000th Premier League goal on 29 October 2005 in a 4?1 loss to Middlesbrough. He scored ten goals in all competitions, and fans voted him to his first FIFPro Special Young Player of the Year award in 2005.

2006-07

In November and December 2006, Ronaldo received consecutive Barclays Player of the Month honours, becoming only the third player in Premier League history to do so after Dennis Bergkamp in 1997 and Robbie Fowler in 1996. He scored his 50th Manchester United goal against city rivals Manchester City on 5 May 2007 as United claimed their first Premier League title in four years, and he was voted into his second consecutive FIFPro Special Young Player of the Year award at the end of the year.
Despite rumours circulating in March 2007 that Real Madrid were willing to pay an unprecedented ?80 million (?54 million) for Ronaldo, he signed a five-year, ?120,000-a-week (?31 million total) extension with United on 13 April, making him the highest-paid player in team history.
Ronaldo amassed a host of personal awards for the season. He won the PFA Players' Player of the Year and PFA Young Player of the Year awards, joining Andy Gray (in 1977) as the only players to receive this honour. In April, he completed the treble by winning the PFA Fans' Player of the Year. Ronaldo was also one of eight Manchester United players named in the 2006?07 PFA Premier League Team of the Year.

2007-08

Ronaldo's 2007?08 season began with a red card for a headbutt on Portsmouth player Richard Hughes during United's second match of the season, for which he was punished with a three-match ban. Ronaldo said he had "learned a lot" from the experience and would not let players "provoke" him in the future. After scoring the only goal in a Champions League away match against Sporting, Ronaldo also scored the injury-time winner in the return fixture as Manchester United topped their Champions League group.
He finished as the runner-up to Kak? for the 2007 Ballon d'Or, and was third in the running for the FIFA World Player of the Year award, behind Kak? and Lionel Messi.
Ronaldo scored his first hat trick for Manchester United in a 6?0 win against Newcastle United at Old Trafford on 12 January 2008, bringing Manchester United up to the top of the Premier League table. He scored his twenty-third league goal of the season in a 2?0 win against Reading, equalling his entire total for the 2006?07 season. During a 1?1 Champions League first knockout round draw against Lyon on 20 February, an unidentified Lyon supporter continuously aimed a green laser at Ronaldo and United teammate Nani, prompting an investigation by UEFA. One month later, Lyon were fined CHF5,000 (?2,427) for the incident.
On 19 March 2008, Ronaldo captained United for the first time in his career in a home win over Bolton, scoring both goals in the 2?0 victory. The second of the goals was his 33rd of the campaign, which set a new club single-season scoring record by a midfielder and thus topped George Best's forty-year-old total of 32 goals in the 1967?68 season. Ronaldo scored another brace in a 4?0 win over Aston Villa on 29 March, which at the time gave him 35 goals in 37 domestic and European matches as both a starter and substitute. Ronaldo's torrid scoring streak was rewarded with his becoming the first winger to win the 2007?08 European Golden Shoe, finishing eight points ahead of Mallorca's Dani G?iza.
In the 2007?08 Champions League final on 21 May against league rivals Chelsea, Ronaldo scored the opening goal after 26 minutes, which was negated by a Chelsea equaliser in the 45th minute as the match ended 1?1 after extra time. His misfire in the penalty shoot-out put Chelsea in position to win the trophy, but John Terry shot wide right after slipping on the pitch surface, and Manchester United emerged victorious 6?5 on penalties. Ronaldo was named the UEFA Fans' Man of the Match, and wrapped up the campaign with a career-high 42 goals in all competitions, falling just four short of Denis Law's team-record mark of 46 in the 1963?64 season.

2008-09

On 5 June 2008, Sky Sports reported that Ronaldo had expressed an interest in moving to Real Madrid if they offered him the same amount of money the team had allegedly promised him earlier in the year. Manchester United filed a tampering complaint with FIFA on 9 June over Madrid's alleged pursuit of Ronaldo, but FIFA declined to take any action. Speculation that a transfer would happen continued until 6 August, when Ronaldo confirmed that he would stay at Manchester for at least another year.
Ronaldo underwent ankle surgery at the Academic Medical Center in Amsterdam on 7 July. He returned to action on 17 September in United's UEFA Champions League goalless group-stage draw with Villarreal as a substitute for Park Ji-Sung, and scored his first overall goal of the season in a 3?1 League Cup third round win over Middlesbrough on 24 September.
In a 5?0 win over Stoke City on 15 November 2008, Ronaldo scored his 100th and 101st goals in all competitions for Manchester United, both from free kicks. The goals also meant that Ronaldo had now scored against each of the other 19 teams in the Premier League at the time. On 2 December, Ronaldo became Manchester United's first Ballon d'Or recipient since George Best in 1968. He finished with 446 points, 165 ahead of runner-up Lionel Messi. He was awarded the Silver Ball after finishing with two goals as United won the Club World Cup on 19 December.
On 8 January 2009, Ronaldo was uninjured in a single-car accident in which he wrote off his Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano in a tunnel along the A538 near Manchester Airport. A breathalyzer test he gave to police officers at the scene was negative, and he attended training later that morning. Four days later, he became the first Premier League player ever to be named the FIFA World Player of the Year, in addition to being the first Portuguese player to win the award since Lu?s Figo in 2001.
Ronaldo scored his first Champions League goal of the season, and first since the final against Chelsea, in a 2?0 victory over Internazionale that sent United into the quarter-finals. In the second leg against Porto, Ronaldo scored a 40-yard game-winning goal as United advanced to the semi-finals. He later called it the best goal he had ever scored. Ronaldo participated in his second consecutive Champions League final, but made little impact in United's 2?0 loss to Barcelona. He finished with 53 appearances in all competitions, which was four higher than the previous year, but scored sixteen fewer goals (26) than his career-best total of 42 from the previous season.
On 11 June, Manchester United accepted an unconditional offer of ?80 million from Real Madrid for Ronaldo after it was revealed that he again had expressed his desire to leave the club. It was confirmed by a representative of the Glazer family that the sale was fully condoned by Ferguson. When Ronaldo had eventually completed his transfer to Real, he expressed his gratitude towards Ferguson for helping him develop as a player, saying, "He's been my father in sport, one of the most important factors and most influential in my career."

REAL MADRID-

On 26 June 2009, Real Madrid confirmed that Ronaldo would join the club on 1 July 2009, after agreeing terms and signing a six-year contract. It is believed that Ronaldo's contract is worth ?13 million per season and it has a ?1 billion buy-out clause. He was presented to the world media as a Real Madrid player on 6 July, where he was handed the number 9 jersey. The shirt was presented to him by Madrid legend Alfredo di St?fano. Ronaldo was welcomed by 80,000 fans at his presentation at the Santiago Bernab?u Stadium, surpassing Diego Maradona's record of 75,000 fans when he was presented in Italy, after he was transferred from Barcelona to Napoli in 1984.
Ronaldo made his Madrid debut on 21 July in a 1-0 win over Shamrock Rovers. His first goal came one week later on a penalty in Madrid's 4-2 LDU Quito. On 29 August, Ronaldo capped his La Liga debut with a goal, scoring Real's second from the penalty spot in a 3?2 home win against Deportivo La Coru?a. On 15 September, Ronaldo scored his first Champions League goals, both on free kicks, against FC Z?rich in a 5-2 win. He broke a Madrid club record when he scored in a league match against Villareal and thus became the first ever player to score in his first four La Liga appearances.
An ankle injury suffered on 10 October, while Ronaldo was on international duty with Portugal against Hungary, kept him out until 25 November, which in turn caused him to miss both of Madrid's Champions League group stage matches against A.C. Milan. Ronaldo made his first post-injury start in a 1-0 El Cl?sico defeat to Barcelona on 29 November. On 6 December, he was sent off for the first time in his Madrid career in Madrid's 4-2 victory against Almeria, a match which also saw him miss a penalty. He was carded first for removing his shirt during a goal celebration, then for kicking out at an opponent three minutes later.

Pricey

Rotation player
It doesnt say anywhere in that profile that he spends more time on the ground face first then running on it. Dissapointed.

Great player but an absolute wank of a bloke